Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Conglomeritic Roleplayers Conglomerate

Back to Guilds

A collection of roleplays. Star Wars, Dragonball, zombies, fantasy, superheroes, or make your own. D20 or no. 

Tags: Star Wars, Dragonball, literate, role-play, dice 

Reply Star Wars in progress (Emily Marneth)
Tython Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:23 pm
meditation for attunement (DC 10)

nothing

Force heal (DC 10)

Force sense (power)

weaponsmith

Health: -2
Stamina: -2
Attunement: 60
for 9 posts

Master Laro

Health: 0
Stamina: 2
Attunement: 13

force sense (power)

control

The droid looked up from his workbench, where he was just putting the finishing touches on a few components. "Oh! Done already? Well, come here, have a look." He laid down the parts he had been working on and a formidable assortment of metal and technology lay before Vyntyr.

The girl warily eyed the components. "So... How does it all work?"

The droid would have smiled again. "I thought you'd never ask." He was excited. It was not every padawan whose first lightsaber featured a double emitter. Or something so rare as an unstable crystal. He began to point to the pieces.

Master Laro closed the book and frowned, frustrated. Confused. She did not know which way to proceed, and she would do as she always had when she was lost. She replaced the book and left the restricted area of the library, putting out a message calling for a meeting of the council at the earliest possible time. She would ask their wisdom on this painful decision.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:31 pm

nothing

Force heal (DC 10)

Force sense (power)

weaponsmith

for 8 posts

Master Laro

force sense (power)

control

Master Huyang pointed to each piece in turn. "This is the focusing lens, made of a beam gem. Beam gems are used in optical computing and make excellent focusing lenses, much more precise than glass. These pieces will form the hilt of your lightsaber, and will contain all the other pieces. These little screws and pins are here to hold everything together. This power pack will feed power into the emitter matrix, which is right here, which will hold both of your crystals and focus the light produced into them, and then through the focusing lens which will curve the light inward, giving your blade its point. It will look something like this, once you've gotten it all together."

Master Laro stood in the center of the Council Chamber, requesting the advice and direction of those wiser than she. It was not a short session. They met for some time, discussing the possibilities and the ramifications of what Master Laro was considering, and the source of her experiment's design.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:38 pm

nothing

Force heal (DC 10)

Force sense (power)

weaponsmith

for 8 posts

Master Laro

force sense (power)

control

Vyntyr nodded. Okay. I think I see it, but how am I supposed to put this together? I can't even see where some of these pins go, and it's not put together yet. Once those pieces start going into place, it's going to be impossible to reach them..."

Master Huyang nodded softly "And that's the reason I cannot build a true lightsaber. A lightsaber is connected to its wielder by the Force, and it is also by the Force constructed. You must assemble it yourself using your own telekinetic abilities, and the Force as your guide. You will ascend these steps, and at the top you will find the Forge; an ancient artifact that has aided in the construction of lightsabers for millennia. And when you descend, you will show me your new lightsaber."

The Council spoke for hours, not so much debating as pondering. They didn't know if they would rely on His teachings, but he had been a very powerful Jedi before he had fallen. He had written this book before his Fall, when he was still a member of the Jedi Council...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:46 pm

nothing

Force heal (DC 10)

Force sense (power)

weaponsmith

Telekinesis

Attunement: 60-3=57
for 6 posts

Master Laro

force sense (power)

control

Vyntyr nodded and gathered the supplies. "Thank you, Master Huyang. I guess it's time to use what you've taught me."

"You'll do well, child. Just remember to come show it to me when you're done. I'm excited to see it."

Vyntyr smiled. "Yes, Master." She proceeded up the stairs to the Forge, a large machine with an altar-like workbench for her parts to rest on. The girl knelt down before the shrine and closed her eyes, flexing her mind's muscles as she reached her Force out to probe and take the measure of the pieces in the basin.

Finally, the Council came to a decision. Master Laro frowned. She felt that while it was not the easiest decision, it was the only one that they were left with. With everything she had learned, this was the only way.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:47 pm
((Forgot to roll 1d20+4+1+3 vs DC 15))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:07 am

nothing

Force heal (DC 10)

Force sense (power)

weaponsmith

Telekinesis

for 6 posts

Master Laro

force sense (power)

control

Though she knew not for how long she had been there, Vyntyr felt the Force guiding every motion, and she suddenly felt all the pieces begin to fall into place. The emitter matrix fit the battery housing, and then everything just went from there. Finally, she reached for the next piece, and nothing was there. Confused, she opened her eyes, frowning, but immediately opened them wide as she stared at the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen in her life. It was a marvelous lightsaber hilt, and Vyntyr almost cried as she reached out for it and it descended into her hand, where it fit like a glove. Like she had always been meant to hold it. She was scared. But she summoned up all that was left of herself and flipped the ignition switch. A familiar yet wholly alien sound met her ears as a beam of pure, green energy burst from the hilt, wavering and crackling like a flame. She started laughing and moved the blade side to side, feeling its weight. It was perfect.

She was down the stairs before she knew what had happened, and held out the completed lightsaber to Master Huyang.

The droid took the hilt from the girl and examined it carefully. He opened the crystal chamber and looked carefully at the inner workings. "Yes. Splendid! You've done it! May I?"

Vyntyr nodded and giggled.

Master Huyang ignited the blade and watched as the blade exploded into life. "Marvelous! What a simply marvelous lightsaber! Ana, Dul, come and see the blade that our young padawan Vyntyr has forged!"

Vyntyr blushed as the two knights from outside came in to examine and admire her lightsaber. They, like Vyntyr, had been put off somewhat by the blade's appearance, but upon handling the saber admired its balance and the surety of its movement. They congratulated Vyntyr on her outstanding performance, and returned her lightsaber to her, thanking her for the opportunity to see such a rare blade in person. Vyntyr was grinning ear to ear and didn't stop even after Master Huyang had sent her home, with still enough time to make it to the academy before dark.

The girl buzzed on the entrance to Master Laro's office and bounced, biting her lip as she waited impatiently. The door had barely opened before Vyntyr was inside the room, holding the hilt out to Master Laro. "Master! Look! We did it!"

Master Laro was happy that her headdress covered her eyes, as she could feel the haggard lines carved into her face by a worrisome and troubling quandary. But her lips formed a smile. "Congratulations! Well, don't just hold it there, let me see it! Let me see this one-of-a-kind blade!"  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:17 am

nothing

Force heal (DC 10)

Force sense (power)

weaponsmith

Telekinesis

for 6 posts

Master Laro

force sense (power)

control

Vyntyr giggled and flipped the ignition switch, the blade roaring to life before their eyes.

Master Laro's smile grew larger. "Absolutely magnificent, Vyntyr! That is one of the most beautiful blades I have ever seen. You should be very proud to have made it."

Vyntyr smiled but then grew serious. "Master, I got caught up in the excitement before... I did not properly thank you for everything you've done for me. Especially for trusting me with your lightsaber crystal... I understand now what that means to you, and I swear I will do my best to do everything I can to earn that honor."

Master Laro could have cried. "The only thing you have to do for me right now, Vyntyr, is celebrate what is the achievement of your lifetime. You have done it. You are finally a true Jedi. You have come so far, and I am more proud of you than I can say. You have no further assignment today. You may rest, and tomorrow as well. I have some council business that I must attend to, and I will be unable to have you accompany me for it."

Vyntyr smiled again. "Yes, Master. Thank you. I will see you here the day after tomorrow."

"Actually, if you wouldn't mind, meet me at the Council Chamber. It will be easier to meet there."

The girl nodded "Yes, Master." Vyntyr was given leave to go, and she went immediately to her room to examine every inch of her new lightsaber.  
Emily Marneth rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:22 pm
((Meditation for attunement 1d20+4+5+2))

meditation for attunement

Vyntyr spent the whole night with her lightsaber by her side, within arm's reach. She constantly turned to look at it, and picked it up, holding it at arms' length above her as she lay in bed. She couldn't stop playing with it, and she couldn't stop laughing. She'd done it. Nothing could stand in her way anymore. She was a real Jedi now, and she was on her path to greatness. Nothing was going to stand in her way anymore. She hardly slept, and so she decided on trying instead to meditate to get something resembling rest. She opted for a laying form of meditation, basically just letting her body relax and her mind slow down for a bit, and she only 'woke up' when it was time to normally get out of bed.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:47 pm
((Meditation for attunement 1d20+4+5+2))

meditation for attunement

So... Vyntyr had a whole day off. What does one do with a day off? The last time she'd had a day off, she'd found a lightsaber crystal, and she didn't see that particular adventure repeating itself. So what would she do? She pursed her lips and tried to put ideas together, but eventually just ended up coming to a conclusion that she'd never come to before. Maybe she didn't want to do anything. Maybe she wanted a day of actual rest after all the excitement of the past few weeks. Yeah. That sounded wonderful, actually. So that's what she did. She went through her morning routine, spoke with a few of her friends, and spent the entire day meditating and thinking about her future, trying to figure out where she was going to go.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:41 am
Meditation for attunement
1/1

Vyntyr woke up and her body was tight. She could barely move and she focused hard on her healing, and soon her body was relaxed and manageable. She progressed through her morning ritual and had to sit and meditate on her healing again before she was ready to continue. She did not immediately go about her business again, though. Instead, she stayed where she was and allowed her mind to go blank, taking deep breaths and letting a little time pass until she was ready to go meet her master at the Council chambers. She wondered what was in store for her today. She was certainly spending a lot of time with the Council, that was for sure. Which is good; she'd wanted to get her name out there, and personal face time with the Council members was definitely a way to do that. Being apprenticed before anyone else in her clan to a Master on the Council was probably not a bad way to go, either.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:46 pm
1/1 | 1/5

Vyntyr let herself ponder her current situation for a while longer before she focused her energies to relieve the tightness in her body and stood, reverently placing her lightsaber on her belt and preparing to head to the Council chambers, after taking a look at herself in the mirror to make sure that she looked presentable. Satisfied, she set out across the Academy, conscious of the weight of her lightsaber against her hip. She smiled as she realized that she was a Jedi now, for real. Nothing was going to get her down now.

As she walked, she began to sense a subtle discomfort in the Force. It grew more powerful as she approached nearer to the Council Chamber. For the first time, she began to wonder what reason there was for her to meet Master Laro here instead of somewhere --anywhere-- else.  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:52 pm
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

attunement: 36-2=34

Vyntyr slowed down and reached her mind's eye out to attempt to peer inside the Council Chamber. Naturally, she was unable, but that foreboding sense filled her up. By the time she reached the chamber and was greeted by one of the Jedi guarding the door, --by her new title, no less, Padawan Vyntyr-- she felt cold in her stomach. She took a breath as the guard informed her that she was expected. Opening the door, she was ushered inside. A jedi does not know fear. Vyntyr remained cautious, though, and mindful of the situation. When she got into the Council chamber, the foreboding sense disappeared as the Masters guarded their emotions.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:00 pm
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

attunement: 34-2=32

Vyntyr reached her mind out to try and detect what the Council was thinking, but was unable to broach the practiced silence of their thoughts. Several of the council members smiled as Vyntyr stepped into the center of the room, though, and Vyntyr was somewhat comforted.

Master Gaois was first to speak. "Hello, Padawan Vyntyr. How have you been?"

Vyntyr smiled nervously. "I've been well. And yourself?"

"I have few complaints. As I'm sure you're aware, the Council did not call you for a social visit today."

Vyntyr tasted the air with her mind. "I was starting to get that feeling, yes..."  
Emily Marneth rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:10 pm
((Force Heal: 1d20+4+2+2 vs DC 10))

1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal

attunement: 32-5=27

Vyntyr waited for a response.

"Vyntyr, my young padawan, we would like for you to do us a favor. We want you to meditate for us. We would like you to channel your energy to heal yourself in the way that you've learned how. We need to see something. That's all we need from you, is just a demonstration of your ability."

Vyntyr furrowed her brow, but acquiesced. "Yes, Master."

The girl remained standing, and laced her fingers together, closing her eyes and imagining herself filling with light. She felt the light pushing from within, flowing out and radiating through her skin. There was a quiet murmuring through the chamber

"Very good. Now, one more favor. We'd like you to step outside of your body for a moment, if you can. Don't stop healing, but just turn around and look at yourself.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:17 pm
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal

attunement: 27-2=25

Vyntyr didn't know where they were going with this, but she did as she was told. It was a complicated request, but she managed it just. She stepped outside of herself and looked back on the child glowing with the white light of the Force. But there was something wrong. There was a certain malignancy about the girl. The white light should have been a beaming beacon of light, but instead the light was fractured and intermittent. It took Vyntyr a moment to understand what it was that she was looking at. The light was broken along fault lines in the girl's body... She realized that there was darkness across her skin like cracks in porcelain. She was broken on a metaphysical level... Along the lines of her scars.  
Star Wars in progress (Emily Marneth)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff