Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Welcome to the guild! Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Welcome! ^_^
  =D
  D=
View Results

A Divine Secret

Distinct Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:38 pm
Hello, all! I introduced myself on a different thread before seeing this one. sweatdrop
Anyway, before I complete the list below, I just wanna say, I'm really happy to be apart of this guild. ^^ It's comforting to be surrounded by Godly influences. I'm Kyprius, but you all can just call me "Ky".

1. Name your pets: Don't have any.

2. List your favorite Bible verse: Psalm 119:105 - Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible: I really like the books John, Psalms, and Romans.

4. Your denomination/beliefs: I'm a Seventh-Day Adventist Christian.

5. The name of your country: I was born in The Bahamas, but currently reside in the U.S.

6. Your favorite color: I've always loved the color blue.

7. Your occupation: I work 5 days a week for a local Steak 'n Shake restaurant, but I'm planning to switch jobs very soon to work at Outback Steakhouse.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:16 am
PINK DINOSRAWR
Hi guys I'm Becca, im married.
Also glad I found you guys. It's an honor to be part of an online Christian community.

1. Name your pets
No pets, used to have a dog called Jacob. Sadly he passed a while back.

2. List your favorite Bible verse
So many.. I think my favorite is Matthew 6:19-21.
This is very important to me. Material things are if no value.
Being one with The Lord and the reward of eternal life and love we shall be blessed with is worth more than any item that we can buy on earth.

3. List your favorite book of the Bible
Matthew is my favorite, it was actually the first book in the bible I read.
My second is Revelations.

4. Your denomination/beliefs
I am a follower of Jesus, I am a Christian. With no denomination. I live for Jesus.
(I don't believe the trinity)

5. The name of your country
Uk

6. Your favorite color
Bright green

If you'd like to ask any questions feel free.
I'll see you guys in the forums!

Thanks to the guild owners for allowing me to goin and converse with like minded people.

Also, here's another illustration.

Think of a person as a whole; there are three parts depicted in scripture: body, mind and spirit. All three parts are different, yet make up the same person. You can't have a person who is lacking in any of the three.

Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness...'"
I believe this goes beyond physical appearance alone. Perhaps it stands that Christ is the physical BODY of God, the Holy Spirit is exactly that, and the Father is a heavenly manifestation of the mind. Granted this is just an idea, there is evidence in scripture to support it... God created us as a whole to resemble God as a whole.

I won't dispute theology, as I can't claim truth on my own interpretation of scripture (Lord, rebuke me if I'm wrong). Please just keep in mind that viewing Christ as anything less than God is a dangerous position to be in... the fact that He was fully God and fully Man is what makes his sacrifice so amazing. Please don't interpret this as an attack on you... Christians are called to share revelation with others, as is the purpose for revelation.

God bless.  

Novus Initium

Fashionable Gekko

4,075 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:35 am
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR
Also glad I found you guys. It's an honor to be part of an online Christian community.

1. Name your pets

Being one with The Lord and the reward of eternal life and love we shall be blessed with is worth more than any item that we can buy on earth.

I am a follower of Jesus, I am a Christian. With no denomination. I live for Jesus.

Uk

6. Your favorite color
Bright green

Thanks to the guild owners for allowing me to goin and converse with like minded people.

Think of a person as a whole; there are three parts depicted in scripture: body, mind and spirit. All three parts are different, yet make up the same person. You can't have a person who is lacking in any of the three.

Genesis 1:26 "Then God said, 'Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness...'"
I believe this goes beyond physical appearance alone. Perhaps it stands that Christ is the physical BODY of God, the Holy Spirit is exactly that, and the Father is a heavenly manifestation of the mind. Granted this is just an idea, there is evidence in scripture to support it... God created us as a whole to resemble God as a whole.

I won't dispute theology, as I can't claim truth on my own interpretation of scripture (Lord, rebuke me if I'm wrong). Please just keep in mind that viewing Christ as anything less than God is a dangerous position to be in... the fact that He was fully God and fully Man is what makes his sacrifice so amazing. Please don't interpret this as an attack on you... Christians are called to share revelation with others, as is the purpose for revelation.

God bless.

John 7:16 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.
John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
John 8:26 "I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world."
john 14:24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

if Jesus was God he would know all, he does not, he only knows through knowledge GOD our father gave him.

there are very few scriptures in the bible that could even mean god and jesus are ONE, there are hundreds that say they are two different things.

the trinity was created after the bible and is not biblical. there are alot of chritian denominations that do not believe the trinity because its not biblical.

The Bible teaches that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Yahweh said He would send His Son and Jesus made the statement that Yahweh was His Father. The Apostles taught these facts. The Bible does not teach that Jesus was Yahweh and neither Jesus nor His followers claimed otherwise.

if you look the history of where this dortrine came from you'll have your eyes open.

examine these with an open mind, you'll see the truth.
Matthew 3:16-17; 8:29; 11:27; 12:18; 14:33; 16:16-17; 17:5; 27:54
Mark 5:7; 15:39
Luke 1:32; 1:35; 8:28; 9:35; 10:22
John 1:13; 1:18; 1:34; 1:49; 3:16; 5:19-23; 5:37; 6:40; 6:69; 8:18; 8:42; 10:15; 10:36; 11:4; 12:49-50; 14:13; 14:23; 14:28; 16:17; 17:1-16; 20:17; 20:31
Acts 2:22-24; 3:13; 3:26; 9:20
Romans 1:4; 5:10; 8:29
1 Corinthians 11:3; 15:28
2 Corinthians 1:19
Galatians 4:4
Philippians 2:9
Colossians 1:13
1 Thessalonians 1:10
1 Timothy 2:5
Hebrews 1:2; 2:9; 4:14; 5:7-8
1 Peter 1:3
2 Peter 1:17
1 John 1:3; 2:22; 3:23; 4:10; 4:14-15; 5:11-12
2 John 1:9
Revelation 2:18

may god bless you with the rightful knowledge.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Then you will know the TRUTH,
and the TRUTH will set you free

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:31 am
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR

1. Name your pets

Uk

6. Your favorite color
Bright green

God bless.

John 7:16 Jesus answered, "My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me.
John 12:49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.
John 8:26 "I have much to say in judgment of you. But he who sent me is trustworthy, and what I have heard from him I tell the world."
john 14:24 Anyone who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.

if Jesus was God he would know all, he does not, he only knows through knowledge GOD our father gave him.

there are very few scriptures in the bible that could even mean god and jesus are ONE, there are hundreds that say they are two different things.

the trinity was created after the bible and is not biblical. there are alot of chritian denominations that do not believe the trinity because its not biblical.

The Bible teaches that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Yahweh said He would send His Son and Jesus made the statement that Yahweh was His Father. The Apostles taught these facts. The Bible does not teach that Jesus was Yahweh and neither Jesus nor His followers claimed otherwise.

if you look the history of where this dortrine came from you'll have your eyes open.

John 1:13; 1:18; 1:34; 1:49; 3:16; 5:19-23; 5:37; 6:40; 6:69; 8:18; 8:42; 10:15; 10:36; 11:4; 12:49-50; 14:13; 14:23; 14:28; 16:17; 17:1-16; 20:17; 20:31

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

You forget that God in his omnipotence can overcome impossibilities... look at how He forgives sin. He doesn't just excuse us for them, He CHOOSES to forget about them completely. We as humans can't choose to forget something completely... why would it be beyond His power to not make known to another part of Himself the day of His return?

2 Timothy 3:16

Just because there is more mention of one thing in scripture over another, doesn't mean either statement is false.  

Novus Initium

Fashionable Gekko

4,075 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:56 am
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR

1. Name your pets

Uk

6. Your favorite color
Bright green

God bless.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

You forget that God in his omnipotence can overcome impossibilities... look at how He forgives sin. He doesn't just excuse us for them, He CHOOSES to forget about them completely. We as humans can't choose to forget something completely... why would it be beyond His power to not make known to another part of Himself the day of His return?

Just because there is more mention of one thing in scripture over another, doesn't mean either statement is false.

did jesus every say i am god?
did god ever say he was jesus?
im not here to argue but the fact is if god was jesus then it would be in the bible.
the trinity was made up 400 years after the death of christ.
no where in the holy bible does it say anything but jesus is the SON of god.
it's a made up catholic doctrine. it's not biblical.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:04 am
Novus Initium

Please just keep in mind that viewing Christ as anything less than God is a dangerous position to be in...

2nd post. you've obviously been raised in maybe a catholic background?
scare tactics dont make a difference to me.

if all people believe the trinity here then let me know, cause i'll leave.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Novus Initium

Fashionable Gekko

4,075 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:18 am
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium
PINK DINOSRAWR

1. Name your pets

Uk

6. Your favorite color
Bright green

God bless.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

did jesus every say i am god?
did god ever say he was jesus?
im not here to argue but the fact is if god was jesus then it would be in the bible.
the trinity was made up 400 years after the death of christ.
no where in the holy bible does it say anything but jesus is the SON of god.
it's a made up catholic doctrine. it's not biblical.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Clearly this is beginning to cause more tension than good, so I'll make no further statement on the matter. I'm simply stating the revelation I've been given that corresponds with scripture as a whole...
And no, not catholic. Just a bible-believing Christian. I never even comprehended what the word trinity was until after I'd seen the concept of it in scripture.

Lord, let us as a body never be so firm in our doctrine that we close our hearts to edification. I thank You for every single person in this guild and pray that you would further reveal Yourself to each and every one of us, regardless of denomination or indoctrination. Be glorified by the fruits that come from those here and constantly be filling us afresh with Your Spirit. Lord, You are worthy beyond recognition. In Jesus' Name, amen.

God bless you~  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:24 am
Novus Initium
Please just keep in mind that viewing Christ as anything less than God is a dangerous position to be in...

this has quite annoyed me, can you give scripture to support this claim? i'd sure love to see it.

mark 10:18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:29 am
Novus Initium

PINK DINOSRAWR

Most of us here believe in the Trinity.
That is at least my impression. Correct me if I am mistaken.

We have had this debate before;
Mormonism

Read also more about what the majority here believes in
our Statement of Faith.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:32 am
Garland-Green
Novus Initium

PINK DINOSRAWR

Mormonism

our Statement of Faith.

people like that guy give Christians a bad name.
trying to use scare tactics with no scriptural grounds...
if this place if full of those sort of people i'm out of here.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:33 am
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium

this has quite annoyed me, can you give scripture to support this claim? i'd sure love to see it.

mark 10:18 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

Colossians 2:9
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

The explanation to the verse you posted;

Philippians 2:6-8
6who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:39 am
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
Novus Initium

PINK DINOSRAWR

Mormonism

our Statement of Faith.

people like that guy give Christians a bad name.
trying to use scare tactics with no scriptural grounds...
if this place if full of those sort of people i'm out of here.

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

You misunderstood the meaning behind my statement... it absolutely was not in any way a scare tactic. I believe that I have an eternity of things to learn, and don't profess to have any knowledge that was not graciously given by God. I apologize if I came off as harsh... I'm typing these while at work, so they may appear a bit rushed...  

Novus Initium

Fashionable Gekko

4,075 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:40 am
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

6who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. 8Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

what bible are you using? thats not what i see

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:47 am
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

The NIV, but the NASB, ESV and a bunch of other say the same thing.
What version do you use?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PINK DINOSRAWR

Dangerous Noob

8,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bidding War 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:57 am
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Garland-Green
PINK DINOSRAWR
Novus Initium

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

The NIV, but the NASB, ESV and a bunch of other say the same thing.
What version do you use?

NIV
but it doesnt say that in mine neutral

also the fact you missed out the 9th scripture.
of course you can make things true when you don't tell the full story.

6 who, being in very nature[a] God,
did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
7 rather, he made himself nothing
by taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
8 And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
by becoming obedient to death –
even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,

you cannot pick and tweek, you have to read the bible in FULL

╔═.♥.══════════╗

Jesus is my saviour

╚══════════.♥.═╝

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 44 45 46 47 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games