Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Christianity isnt a religion,lets see if i am right,read Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZeroZenzic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:20 am
I don't like sloganeering. Is Christ a marketing concept? "Relationship not religion" is a modern thing - our ancestors had no problem in defining their faith as a religion. Which is why the Bible describes it as such in our translations, and fails to use the word "relationship" at any point.

Religion . . . means the conscious relation between man and God, and the expression of that relation in human conduct. --J. Kostlin (Schaff-Herzog Encyc.)

Redefining the word is simply an effort to look better than others, rather than bringing anything valuable to our understanding.

1 Tim 3:16 "Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of our religion: He was manifested in the flesh, vindicated in the Spirit, seen by angels, preached among the nations, believed on in the world, taken up in glory"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:45 pm
famusamu
jamesthelittle
LRD_nick
A true Christian,has a relationship with God And Christ.
So,as i found out,Christianity is a religion,its a relationship...

Anyone have any objections

Christianity is a religion. It does have rules. It isn't a cult! But you are correct. Christianity is more than a religion. It isn't just about the do's and the don'ts. They are important also. But it is all about a relationship. Your relationship with Jesus, G-d and the Holy Spirit.
AMEN!!! Christianity is the ONLY TRUE Religion. The rest are cults. We must a Pure and True relationship with the LORD

That is pretty conterversial xd  

Zher

theskyiscrying

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:42 pm
LRD_nick

i entirely agree  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:20 am
Well, even though i call christianity a "religion" out of pure routine, i believe that if you are truly in a relationship with God, then you are a christian. I don't believe that you can just say "i believe in God" and call yourself a christian...it doesn't work like that. God has to be the center focus of your life, above everything else. God is like your lover, as wierd as that sounds... rolleyes Yes you are worshipping God all the time, but you're more just communicating with him, and its like you're having a conversation, sometimes he will reply back to you and sometimes he'll just listen... smile  

Cat_Burn

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:40 pm
LRD_nick
Hate to brake it to you,but every jew believes in jesus christ
De de de
why am i always correcting you? they believe Jesus existed, but they dont believe he was the messiah, the believe he was a good prophet. they're still waiting for their messiah to come... "DE DE DE"  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:05 pm
LRD_nick

Depends on your definition of Christianity. Christianity, in my oppinion, is a religion. But, there is a relationship that people, most often christians, truly have with God. It is deeper than religion. It is truer than religion. Let us not be Christians (because, if you look at some people in churches today you will really wonder if christianity is real) but Christ Followers!

Join my cult! (sarcasm) be sure to try the kool-aid.  

xkid0

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:41 am
this is a christian guild so why are you here insulting christians?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:26 am
I think that Christianity is a lifestyle; your way of life. Its everything put into one; what you believe in, what you put your entire heart, mind and soul into, and its putting yourself and laying everything thing down for God. Whatever you do leads back to him.

Religion... yes but many people have different views. Just like one of the previous comments, I don't like it how I tell people I'm a Christian and they respond by saying :" Oh... so your a religious girl." In a way its very vague  

wiz_chan

GuardianAngel44

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:54 am
Why are you guys arguing about what it is - religion or relationship? call it whatever you want, as long as you follow it.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:58 pm
dirtdevilgrunt13

You are absolutely right. That is one of the differences that separates Christianity from other religions, or religions period I should say. Christianity is a relationship with holy God. Those that see Christianity as a religion have a serious problem, the same problem that the Pharisees had. Many do have this problem today. I should say most.  

brad175

ChibiLi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:44 pm
dirtdevilgrunt13

I always thought religion was defined as worshiping something. Christianity is worshiping the true and the living God, therefore it is the one true religion, but by definition thats what it is.

Thats what I think anyhoo, I'm probably way off rolleyes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:25 pm
It's what I know to be true.

3nodding  

Shampoo-chan

Nerd

da_lola

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:25 pm
dirtdevilgrunt13

I agree with you there!!! I was raised in church so I knew all the right answers... I knew about Jesus in my head and I believed everything about Him dying and being raised... But I didn't have a personal relationship. Without that, it's not real. I don't like being referred to as being "religious". Because Christianity is so much more. It's not just a Sunday thing. It's a life change. It's a change in how you live, how you act. Ok.. I'm writing a lot and I don't have the time! Oops! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:57 pm
Yes Christianity is a religion, yes it's a relationship. But it isn't just your relationship with God, but your relationship with the people around you, remember the Greatest Commandment is to love God with everything and love your neighbour as yourself.  

Magnus Noctis

misayukim

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:53 pm
Christianity... is a RELATIONSHIP, HECK YES!

PRAISE THE LORD, I SAW THE LIGHT! -David Crowder Band.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff