Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply .:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.
[PRP] Of Coming Rainfall .: Mteuli and Chamiyu :. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:20 pm
Mteuli beamed, thrilled by her thoughts and words. He wasn't even noticing the cold that bit at his flesh from the rainwater anymore. She was an outsider, not taught in the ways of his pride, yet she understood it far better then even those who boasted old blood from the years of the pride long ago! "What a gem you are, my dear!" Mteuli told her, meaning every word, "You understand far better then most."

To answer her question he looked her over, taking in the colors of her coat and the markings under her eye, even the blueness of her pupils. "You would be of the sky, I believe. You're like the night sky with whisps of dark clouds in fading moonlight," He said with a smile, "As for what it means to be one or the other...it doesn't really make too much of a difference. It is mainly to show we acknowledge the difference of sky and earth, but we do not seperate our people because of what they are, for that would be moving away from our belief of unity."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:34 pm
Chamiyu smiled in embarrassment, tossing her head to the side as if to hide her charming smile. It was true, she did understand a lot, deeper than a new comer would, but it was all a result for her constant lonely days as a youngling, observing life from on top of a deserted rock. She had time to think, to contemplate, and understand. "Thank you so much, Mteuli. As I said before, it's the only thing I think I could pride myself in."

Then, when the earthen lion gave her her place in those soothing words, Chamiyu smiled another one of those melting smiles and said with a respectful nod, "Then I will be of the sky." Thinking over what he said, she nodded in understanding, "Alright, I understand that now. Although there are two groups, they are one. Unity is the constant theme; one of the three: Unity, Duty, and Destiny." The last part was an after thought of her own making.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:43 pm
Despite the fact that Mteuli was at ease all types of people, from flirts to firecrackers, he found himself utterly charmed by her wit and that dazzling smile. "I think you cut yourself short, saying it is your only virtue," He told her with heartfelt warmth. He continued the conversation without pause, his conversation skills never loosing their control. It was a subconcious matter for him, really. "Yes...those the last two, Duty and Destiny, aren't really offical. But it would be impossible to say they weren't themes in our teachings, or any teachings for that matter," He smiled and nodded. How long had it been since he had had a conversation like this one? Far too long.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 4:54 pm
Chamiyu grinned again, giving a chuckle. She hadn't laughed like this for so long. The only thing that made her ever laugh before was the clumsy firefly and the abundance of shooting stars...Or her own mistakes. It felt so good to be smiling and laughing with someone like this. She felt that she was getting so attached to it that she didn't want to ever be alone again, to face those quiet hours or sleepless nights again.

"I might be, but I don't know if I'm in the right place to be judging my virtues. So far, the only one I could really be proud of is learning." The black lioness looked up at him with her light blue eyes and simply continued to smile as he conversation rolled on. "Everything is united, even when it doesn't seem to be. Duty and Destiny could be a part of Unity, and they couldn't be...But maybe that's just how we see it. And maybe if we look at it from another angle, we will see it a different way. But it would still be the same thing. Like the dusk, it's always there, but it's always different, and it's always a part of both the day and the night."  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:03 pm
The earth colored male was heartily glad Chamiyu was coming home with him. Somehow he knew he'd miss this lioness greatly if she didn't. He hadn't met someone who charmed him so in such a long time. And that was saying something, since he lived to meet others. It was the main reason he traveled despite his love for home. He wanted to meet others and touch their lives, just as he wished for them to touch his.

"Ah yes...everything in life is interwoven, no matter how appart they might seem," He said with a nod, smiling at her with both his maw and his emerald eyes. "Beautifully said, my dear. I couldn't do better myself," he commented with silky admiration.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:30 pm
The female took a paw and batted at her ears in embarrassment. Truely, she didn't think she was anything special, but the way that Mteuli looked at her and spoke to her seemed to put her on top of a pedastel of admiration. It felt...Oddly refreshing, and so strange..."Thank you...You're so kind, I feel safe. I've never been this way with anyone before."

The rain's down pour steadily became heavier and a flash of lightning lit up the sky, filling their little sanctuary with light. Startled, Chamiyu jumped a bit when the booming thunder crashed overhead. "I wonder what connection the sky and earth are sharing now," She said sarcastically, a little shaky from the close bolt.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 5:46 pm
"Of which I still find hard to believe...if not kindness towards someone such as yourself then who should it be used for?" Mteuli murmured softly and honestly. He was constantly meeting lonesome souls on the road and many were the nicest creatures he had met in his life. Yet they were alone and it never made sense to him. Well, she wouldn't be alone anymore. He'd make sure of that.

He grinned, looking out at the now dark area outside of their rock were raindrops pounded the ground. "Perhaps the sky and earth are having a lover's tiff," He joked easily. Not that he knew anything on such subjects. Despite all of his friendly nature he had never had a mate nor lover, so he was...slightly ignorant of such things. At least, ignorant in experience if not in knowledge.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:00 pm
Chamiyu nodded after a few thoughts on the subject and agreed, "I guess you're right." Settling herself down on the dry earth again, the lioness scrunched her nose as a rain drop was blown inside and landed on her black snout. Then, as Mteuli made his 'lover's bout' comment, Chamiyu had to admit that she didn't know much on the subject either. She observed it in other animals upon her thinking stone, but she never...

"Perhaps they are. Or maybe they're laughing together." Chamiyu said brightly, shivering from the cold.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:11 pm
The cold was beginning to make itself known to Mteuli again and he shuttered slightly. Even his thick mane couldn't keep out the chill, though he was at least somewhat drier then he had been before. "That probably makes more sense...use shivering and hiding like this due to the storm," he chuckled, curling his tail tightly around his paws. He wished the rain had at least been a warm one...ah well. Nothing they could really do about it, right?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:20 pm
Chamiyu burst out into laughter and she shyly edged closer to Mteuli, "You think they're laughing at us and how we're cold? How cruel of them, both! Here...Come closer. We can cheat the storm and sit next to each other for warmth...Like the birds do in the trees when there's a cold breeze."

She felt a bit awkward, but she wouldn't dare attempt to huddle with any other lions. But with Mteuli, Chamiyu felt safe enough to go out on that limb. Besides, if they didn't get warm, they'd probably catch a cold, and that wouldn't be good at all.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:35 pm
Mteuli obliged her without a second thought. He shifted to allow their limbs to touch and press together slightly for warmth against the cold. While such closeness to a nother would normally not have phased him in the slightest, being as friendly and supportive as he could possibly be towards others, he did feel a little different. Not in a bad way, nor nervous, but...he was a little more aware of where both of them stood and positioned themselves.

"Yes, just like the birds," he rumbled, his voice low and smooth like water over river rocks. "Though I'm not sure earth nor sky will be pleased we slipped their laugh from them."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:44 pm
"Then they could try harder. I like their music." Chamiyu said bluntly with a challenging glance up at the clouds. When she felt his body beside hers, she felt an odd feeling well up in her stomach, but otherwise she enjoyed the warmth from Mteuli. Lying her head down on her pitch black paws, Chamiyu gave a yawn and blinked her light blue eyes.

"I wonder how long the sky and earth have been together." She said absently, her tail curling around her body.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:54 pm
He settled down on the ground as well, curling his huge paws under his body to keep them warm as he rested his chin in the cool dirt. "I much prefer this type of music when I'm in the jungle...all the trees add so much to the sound," he said with affection in his tone. He had never disliked storms-on the contrary, he liked them a lot. But he always liked it better in his homeland.

He shifted a little, but not enough to unsettle either of them. "As long as both existed, I suppose," Mteuli murmured smiled a little.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:09 pm
"Rain in the jungle," Chamiyu echoed softly, "I wonder how it sounds. There must be so much more music, right? I simply cannot wait until we get to your home...You speak of it with such love...It almost sounds like heaven." Chamiyu was defiantely sounding tired. Her words were becoming separated by sighs and long breaths. She was calm beside him and she seemed to consider herself safe when she was beside him.

"I wonder how long they've existed..." She mused again.  

Storei

Ary Keeyara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:16 pm
"Plenty of music, from the river to the birds and more," Mteuli whispered softly, letting his green eyes slide shut in comfort. He couldn't help but grin a little, though. "I do hope it lives up to your expectations...I grew up there, so I don't see how I could view the place any differently. But I know not everyone shares my love for the jungle." His voice was a lot softer then before, perhaps due to the fact that he was weary, even if he didn't really show it. Sleep might come to them both soon.

Without opening his eyes he murmured, "Perhaps that is something I should ask Kiva someday...though I'm not sure she'd be able to tell us."

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff