Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply 40k Discussion
The Chaos Space Marines Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tojju

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:00 pm
I think that Chaos is very overpowered with their army choices and special abilities and rules. But I do believe that they are the most versatile of the Armies.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:02 pm
Actually i think the Eldar Aspects groups are the most versatile.

Anyway, im going to bed. night!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Dubyamn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:02 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
You suggest that your guardsmen are the true way forward.
Do you not forget, it was the Emperor who forged the marine. NOT the guardsman. It was the Emperor who designed Power Armor. NOT the guardsman. The Emperor forged us in his own image, with his own ideals in mind. He himself was a Space Marine.

And yet his creation of the space marines is what brought about his wounding. Face it you and yours are a failed experiment. You are the sword that has wounded our founder and leader and left him on the Golden Throne. You who were supposed to be his champions were in fact his downfall. Your pitiful Primiarch failed the emperor when the need was most dire and for all his boasting about his superiority and his fixation with battle he was found wanting as Horus struck him down.
Quote:
His guard is of marine origin. You guardsmen, with your frail and fragile bodies make even the tortured spawn of chaos laugh at you.
Even the grechin ne'er turn tail from such an army!

And yet it is the Guard who insure that you can live your decadent lives in your suits of power armor. Were it not for the Imperial Guard you would be swept away under the scourge of the xenos. If the Space marines were half the fighters they claim to be there would be no enemies left to fight.
Quote:
One man alone managed to destroy a batallion of yours... His name is BOB.
You shall grow to learn that name, guardsman. And you shall learn to fear it.

and you will meet a force so ferocios that not even a carnifex can stand against it. You will be met by a force that has slaim more than half a chapter a squad at a time. You will meet Brains. And you will be found lacking.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:18 pm
Your logic is flawed, The Emperor was WARNED of Horus. He did not take heed. We are his children, and note that his champion is also a marine. Ask yourself... you do not guard the throne, you are not amongst his champions, no guardsman has been his chosen... How are we the ones lacking?  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Dubyamn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:29 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
Your logic is flawed, The Emperor was WARNED of Horus. He did not take heed. We are his children, and note that his champion is also a marine. Ask yourself... you do not guard the throne, you are not amongst his champions, no guardsman has been his chosen... How are we the ones lacking?

Yes you are his children and you have hurt him more deeply than any other of his servants. He believed in your kind and you failed to protect him. He gave you unstopable power and the resources of galaxies. He gave you everything and yet you failed him. You were his choosen and his champions and yet you have the nerve to fail him when it was his darkest hour. He gave you the choice to fight your own battles a choice he has never given any Imperial Guardsmen and yet what did the proud space Marines do when the world burst out in chaos? You walked into traps. Russ sought out honor by attacking the Thousands suns marines. Entire legions never made it to earth because of your arrogance and your stupidity. If Imperial guards had been in control every avaliable force would have been at the emperors side instead of hunting down vengance and glory across the universe. We would not have allowed the emperor to be wounded.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:29 pm
DarkElf27
Actually i think the Eldar Aspects groups are the most versatile.

Anyway, im going to bed. night!
Mmm...I'd have to disagree only because you can only take 3 Aspect squads per army.  

Tojju

Tojju

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:32 pm
Though I will say that the Chaos Librarians that keep attacking the Black Library where the Harlequins protect and reside, they are pretty nasty. They are just a little less powerful than Eldrad Ultran, the Eldar's leader for many centuries. Though Eldrad Ultran when used right can decimate a small army with ease.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:03 am
Dubyamn
Cagalli Yura Attha

Yes you are his children and you have hurt him more deeply than any other of his servants. He believed in your kind and you failed to protect him. He gave you unstopable power and the resources of galaxies. He gave you everything and yet you failed him. You were his choosen and his champions and yet you have the nerve to fail him when it was his darkest hour. He gave you the choice to fight your own battles a choice he has never given any Imperial Guardsmen and yet what did the proud space Marines do when the world burst out in chaos? You walked into traps. Russ sought out honor by attacking the Thousands suns marines. Entire legions never made it to earth because of your arrogance and your stupidity. If Imperial guards had been in control every avaliable force would have been at the emperors side instead of hunting down vengance and glory across the universe. We would not have allowed the emperor to be wounded.
And yet the imperial guard did nothing to stop horus from reaching the Emperor......How can you blame the space marines for failing when you never even made an attempt?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Dubyamn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:53 am
DarkElf27
And yet the imperial guard did nothing to stop horus from reaching the Emperor......How can you blame the space marines for failing when you never even made an attempt?

Because they were our commanders and they had us across the galaxy fighting for the honor of the primiarchs. And It was the Imperial Guard who held the gates of the imperial palace while the space marine primiachs rested inside the imperial palace. Thus it has always been the imperial guard fighting and dieing while the space marines sit by and watch.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:10 pm
The marines do NOT sit by and watch. That is YOUR tactic, guardsman. sit down in the trench, let the tank do the work. Our marines have the gall to get into REAL combat, man to man against ANY enemy, heretic, alien or robot. Your tanks do little but piss off your opponents until their forces reduce your beloved weapons to scrap!
The marines are born from the geneseed of the Primarchs. If you were fighting to protect them, then why are they all but wiped out?
That suggests that you did NOT play your pivitol role during the Horus Heresy.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:16 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
The marines do NOT sit by and watch. That is YOUR tactic, guardsman. sit down in the trench, let the tank do the work. Our marines have the gall to get into REAL combat, man to man against ANY enemy, heretic, alien or robot. Your tanks do little but piss off your opponents until their forces reduce your beloved weapons to scrap!
The marines are born from the geneseed of the Primarchs. If you were fighting to protect them, then why are they all but wiped out?
I agree wholeheartedly. Though your race is inferior to our own, the Space Marines still demand respect as an opponent. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:20 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha

The imperial guard is always the firs into any conflict. it is always the imperial guard who save the planet when the Space marines get themselves killed. I have saved countless marines from traps that they would have seen had they not been so arrogant. Time and time again my Division has had to pay the price of the arrogance of the space marines. The Space marines do not hold their own weight in a fight. They are arrogant and even when it is essential that they hodl the line they charge and leave an entire portion of the line open throuhg which plunge the orks and tyranids. You may not like the tactics of the guard but we win battles which you strength fails to win. We stand strong when the Marines fail.
Quote:

If the boosts of the space marines were to be believed then two battle brothers and a squad of scouts could destroy the hive fleets. And a single battle brother could take over the entire eye of terror with nothing more than his bolter and his power armor.  

Dubyamn

Tojju

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:14 pm
So...What are you guys talking about? I really don't know much about the fluff behind the Chaos except they wiped me and my fellow Eldar from being the leaders of this universe to having to retreat with our low numbers.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:42 pm
Yahiko_Meoshine
So...What are you guys talking about? I really don't know much about the fluff behind the Chaos except they wiped me and my fellow Eldar from being the leaders of this universe to having to retreat with our low numbers.

Actually it was the Eldar who made Chaos. Their desire for decadence was what brought life to the Chaos god Slannesh. over half of the Eldar died that day in Slannesh's birth throws.  

Dubyamn

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 4:46 pm
Dubyamn
Cagalli Yura Attha

The imperial guard is always the firs into any conflict. it is always the imperial guard who save the planet when the Space marines get themselves killed. I have saved countless marines from traps that they would have seen had they not been so arrogant. Time and time again my Division has had to pay the price of the arrogance of the space marines. The Space marines do not hold their own weight in a fight. They are arrogant and even when it is essential that they hodl the line they charge and leave an entire portion of the line open throuhg which plunge the orks and tyranids. You may not like the tactics of the guard but we win battles which you strength fails to win. We stand strong when the Marines fail.
Quote:

If the boosts of the space marines were to be believed then two battle brothers and a squad of scouts could destroy the hive fleets. And a single battle brother could take over the entire eye of terror with nothing more than his bolter and his power armor.
the reason your armies are the first into battle is because you are disposeable. The space marines are the ones holding off thetyranids,with little and no help from yuor armies. you are left with the simple task of extinguishing the savage otrks, which i note has still not been completed.  
40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff