Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The United Martial Artists Guild
Introductions! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is it about martial arts that lures you?
  The history and culture.
  The arts itself.
  The training.
View Results

diseased robot

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:06 pm

Name:julian
Gender:I appear to have a dwarf p***s, of the male genital configurations, perhaps?
Style if one is studied: tae kwon do
Your interest in Martial arts:I need to lose some weight
Anything else you would like to add: daddy sed that i need to take karate so I can beat up the bullies @ mai skool1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:03 pm
Name: Jessica

Style if one is studied: traditional Tae Kwon Do (main) Ninjitso, boxing, some Kendo and other Japanese weaponry

Rank: Black belt in TKD going for my 2nd dan, Kendo is just more for fun and I help teach a Ninjitsu class because I cant always pay my tutition

Your interest in Martial arts: I was a bit of an a** when I was younger lolz always in a fight. I was living with a traditional Korean family at the time who really got me into TKD as for blowing off steam and a set of morals and respect. I grew to love it and wanted to expand my knowledge for MA.

Anything else you would like to add: I also love music and art... and look forward to meeting new people with differnt styles.  

ninja.ace

Samazuki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:36 am
Name: Gregory Mark Collins
Style if one is studied: Hapkido, Taijiquan, Eagle Claw, Karate, Taekwondo & Aikido.
Rank: Eagle Claw, Taijiquan & Aikido - No rank because I only went to a couple of lessons and learnt at home. Karate - 8th Kyu. Taekwondo - 8th Kyu. Hapkido - 5th Kub.(Hapkido is the martial art I'm learning now.)
Your interest in Martial arts: Firstly for Health and Fitness then for fun. I found it some fun. It was impossible to stop. I've only used it for self defense.
Anything else you would like to add: Hapkido has been the most effective at the moment in my view. I also still practice Taijiquan, though its only from a book and videos. I also am thinking about doing just Aikido and Kendo with my friend. Then learning other arts when im older.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:18 am
Name: Nicolet

Style or styles studied: Aikido, Kendo, Judo, HapKiDo, Jujitsu (japanese), Shuriken-Do, Shaolin

Ranks: 5th Dan in all but shaolin and HapKiDo. Shaolin is mastery of the Crane, and Hapkido Green belt, I just joined a few months back.

My Intrest in Martial Arts: I love it because it's fun. I started it because I thought it looked cool, but became addicted soon after.

Anything else: Um....I have my own academy for my japanses arts, and my shaolin is just for my own use. skill and entertainment. then Hapkido, I just joined about a year ago, so I'm no where near ready to teach it, and I'm just now figureing out exactly how different Aikido and HapKido are...

rolleyes Hapkido is really flashy for me....  

nightwing773

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:10 pm
Thanks for coming every one.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:23 pm
Name: Andrew

Style: Kuk-Sool-Won

Intrest: i enjoy the history of many arts, the training in general, and its a really addicting hobby

other stuff: uhh... although i only practice K.S.W. i enjoy researching various arts (such as capoeira and Ninjutsu) woohoo! lemme know if you do kuk-sool.

ps: if you are curious about Kuk-Sool-Won please feel free to ask me i shall do my best to inform you!  

Doctor_Strange

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

lelai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:22 pm
Name: lelai
Style if one is studied: none
Your interest in Martial arts: xma, weapon exhibitions, bullshido stuff
Anything else you would like to add: Although I did start a Martial Arts Thread at the Sports Forum, I am not practicing any martial arts. Martial arts intrigues me.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:23 pm
Name- Mangafairy
Age- 14
Gender- F
Location- ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!
MA- (BUDOKAN) Karate and Aikedo
Interest-.................erm......everything about it really!  

Mangafairy

ghostpalm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 6:28 pm
Name:Ghostpalm
Style if one is studied:Traditional northern shaolin and contemporary Wushu
Your interest in Martial arts: The styles of chinese martial arts i am most interested in are:
-Yingzhaoquan (eagle claw)
-Dao shu (broadsword)
-Gun shu (staff)
-Changquan (long fist)  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:21 pm
San Francisco I want to go some time check out Chinatown.  

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

ghostpalm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:18 pm
Wolf3001
San Francisco I want to go some time check out Chinatown.

Be careful when u walk through dark alleys, chinatown gangs might mug ya LOL jk...... xd  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:49 am
Name: Paul
Style if one is studied: Shotokan, Wing Chun, Goju-ryu
Your interest in Martial arts: The self defense, the rich history, everything.
Anything else you would like to add: I like ice cream.  

Chojun

Wolf Nightshade
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:06 pm
ilikejazz
Name: Paul
Style if one is studied: Shotokan, Wing Chun, Goju-ryu
Your interest in Martial arts: The self defense, the rich history, everything.
Anything else you would like to add: I like ice cream.

Great a new Wing Chun guy I am having a hard time finding any one to add to my WC section.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:04 am
Name: James Thomas

Style if one is studied: Kyokushin Karate (5 years), Wushu

Rank: Kyokushin Blue Adv, Wushu... I don't think they have ranks O_O

Your interest in Martial arts: Simple. I loved martial arts movies, and wanted to learn. Now I am an actor, and train Wushu because it looks awesome on camera. razz

Anything else you would like to add: I now train Wushu under Master Tang Laiwei, who I had no idea who he was when I began training. Recently however, I learned he was one of the original members of the Beijing Wushu Team with Jet Li, and had won almost thirty medals, including the highest title in Wushu, the Wu Ying. It's good to know that I'm training under one of the best there is. biggrin  

Jimesu_Evil

The United Martial Artists Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces