:: Karakura Springs :: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir_Viliulfo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:06 pm
Odric Kaylen Eldeghast

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Reiatsu 284 | Speed 49 | Strength 20 | Defense 30 | Stamina 20 | Intelligence 40 | Spiritual Power 125
Odric looks at the new arrivals who popped into the hot springs out of nowhere. Odric’s hand drops to his zanpakuto sheathed through his belt at the small of his back. He doesn’t draw it yet, just rests there prepared. The cat on his shoulder vanished before he hears the voice in his head. “Why not introduce yourself first, including what you are.” He thinks back, curious if the newcomer could hear it. He then looks at the other newcomer. His hand tightens on his zanpakuto. While this second newcomer didn’t feel like a hollow, he sure appeared to be one. The female Shinigami speaks as if she recognizes the newcomer, but is confused by it. Odric pulls the words of a couple kido to the forefront of his mind, ready to cast them quickly if the situation requires it.
Health 350/350 | Spirit Energy 160/160 | Clarity 35 | Movement Speed 49

Word Count for Post: 140 * 2.8 = 392
Word Count Total for Character: 6,167

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 1:52 pm
User ImageXToshiro Eiji »Vizard
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

x Rᴇɪᴀᴛsᴜ: 200 | Sᴘᴇᴇᴅ: 25 | Sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ: 25 | Dᴇғᴇɴsᴇ: 25 | Sᴛᴀᴍɪɴᴀ: 25 | Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ: 50 | Sᴘɪʀɪᴛᴜᴀʟ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: 50

Eiji’s eyes lingered on Hype’s eyes for a good long while, as if searching them, trying to determine the soul behind them. His concentration was broken with the appearance of a large gilded door, and his dear friend Xzavior stepping through.

Eiji had known Xzavior for several years at this point. He had been wary of this mysterious blank at first, finding his behavior unpredictable, and his arrogance a bit much by half. However, The King of Northweald, or so he called himself, had grown on Eiji slowly, and was now one of his dearest friends. It had been a great honor and privilege to call himself the Steward of Northweald, a title Xzavior had bestowed upon him quite soon after meeting him.

He only hoped he could live up to the honor.

Eiji’s eyes left Hype’s as Xzavior addressed him, seeming to want him to show a newcomer his beloved garden. Eiji was always happy to do so. The Tea Garden was Eiji’s favorite place in the world. It had been a gift from his Lord.

Xavier cut off his speech, seemingly distracted for a moment, but then continued with his request. Eiji was quick to agree.

The newcomer was not much to look at, nearly fully bestial in its appearance. Eiji’s well-worn spiritual senses recognized the being as a blank, much like his lord. Though obviously also very different as well. It was no matter. All sorts of beings were permitted in Northweald, so long as they could abide by Xzavior’s decrees.

Eiji turned to Ye, a smile spreading acrossed his wrinkled and weathered cheeks.

”So you’d like to see the garden, would you? Well then, let us be off!”

Before leaving, he turned back towards the two he had been conversing with before the appearance of Xzavior and his new friend.

”You two are welcome to join us, if you wish. If not, it has been a great pleasure to speak with you both. I hope it is not the last time.”

With this, Eiji paused to open a senkei gate, and to allow Ye to precede him through it.

User ImageX𝑋𝑧𝑎𝑣𝑖𝑜𝑟 𝑅. 𝑆𝑚𝑖𝑡ℎ » 𝒦𝒾𝓃ℊ ℴ𝒻 𝒩ℴ𝓇𝓉𝒽𝓌ℯ𝒶𝓁𝒹
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

x Rᴇɪᴀᴛsᴜ: 350 | Sᴘᴇᴇᴅ: 25 | Sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ: 25 | Dᴇғᴇɴsᴇ: 25 | Sᴛᴀᴍɪɴᴀ: 25 | Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ: 125 | Sᴘɪʀɪᴛᴜᴀʟ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: 125

Xzavior got the feeling he had intruded upon a deep conversation. Those were common wherever Eiji went. The old man was eager to share his years of wisdom and life experience with anyone who would dare to humor him. It was an endearing quality, and one that had charmed Xzavior quickly.

Eiji was quick to leave, though Xzavior had not intended for him to leave so soon. In any case, Ye had seemed interested in the people here, and Xzavior eager to provide him the memories.

Xzavior mulled the vizard’s response in his mind for a few seconds. This kind of unshakable resolve to finish his mission at any cost could prove valuable in an ally. Xzavior’s plans were long and complicated, but he saw many ways to fit someone like this into them. Who better to help topple Las Noches than someone who would resort to hollowfication in order to slay hollows? Who could want to kill hollows more? Xzavior’s ways were often outside the realm of “by the rules”, so a rulebreaking shinigami could serve well as a weapon.

His train of thought was broken when the shinigami girl spoke to him, calling him by name.

”That’s king Xzavior. And yes, that is what they call me. Xzavior Reginald Smith. King of Northweald and the Valley of Screams.”

Xzavior’s eyes bored into the girl’s eyes, not in the kind way that Eiji’s had, but In the way a predator might look at a prey from the shadows, deciding if it was time to strike yet, or if he should let his target go.

After a few agonizing moments, a smile spread across Xzavior’s smooth cheeks, warm and inviting.

”And who might you be? I don’t believe we have met before...”

Xzavior knew he had never met this girl. He never forgot a face. He never forgot anything. He and this shinigami girl had never seen eachother. He was sure of it.

Xzavior suddenly looked down at himself in shock, as if noticing his formal wear for the first time.

”Look at me! All formalities. Allow me to change!”

With a snap, Xzavior’s immaculate three-piece tuxedo seemed to vanish from his body, leaving him in naught but a rather-small black speedo-style swimsuit. He stepped into the water, and sank in up to his neck.

”So! Let us have a little chat! The weather is beautiful, is it not?”

Luciferin Bandit

Reaver Darkside

Omnipresent Cultist

9,075 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:46 pm
𝕐𝕖 𝔻𝕦'𝔸𝕟 𝔼𝕖𝕣𝕠[x][x]ʞuɐlᙠ ʎpoqoN
𝕳𝖊𝖆𝖑𝖙𝖍: 275 |~| 𝕾𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙 𝕰𝖓𝖊𝖗𝖌𝖞: 145 |~| 𝕮𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖞: 55
[x][x]¤¸¸.•´¯`•¸¸.•..~ (๏) ~..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸¸¤
𝕽𝖊𝖎𝖆𝖙𝖘𝖚: 280 |~| 𝕾𝖕𝖊𝖊𝖉: 30 |~| 𝕾𝖙𝖗𝖊𝖓𝖌𝖙𝖍: 15 |~| 𝕯𝖊𝖋𝖊𝖓𝖘𝖊: 50
𝕾𝖙𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖆: 20 |~| 𝕴𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖓𝖈𝖊: 60 |~| 𝕾𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙𝖚𝖆𝖑 𝕻𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗: 100

User Image
Ye would slowly continue to inch forwards as everyone spoke to each other, whether he could hear it or not. His eyeless gaze peering around the area as his face stayed locked in the direction of Odric for a moment before his body bent forwards slightly, a single clawed hand actually pressing against the ground, and then he took off in a lunge. Sending himself straight for the two Shinigami with what seemed to be zero hesitation in his actions. His body appearing to expand slightly as tendrils weaved themselves off of the graying green cloak he wore around himself, before he dropped into the springs themselves with a splash, the extending tendrils actually simply sinking into the water and snaking their way across the surface as if they were alive on their own. Aiming for only a single instance of contact between Hyperiona and Odric. Ye both received obvious memories from the waters themselves, of past visits and various situations that meant little to nothing for him. The contact with the two would be little more then a single touch, but it would grant all the information that he would need regarding the other worlds and functionality of a shinigami as a whole. Unless interrupted somehow, the tendrils would immediately shrink back to appear as cloth once again, and he soon rose from the water, completely uneffected by the heat of it all. His body appearing to flicker and fade slightly before he seemed to just pop back into existence by where the portal out of this area was. "Nothing else to learn. Garden, new. Let's see." He says in an almost robotic and emotionless way while heading to the gate that Eiji had opened.

// 286 x 3.8 = 1086.8 + 3000.2 = 4087 Words Total //

Spectral Phasing to get back to the gate. Poof! //  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:25 am
Eiji's eyes staring at her own does not escape her attention. Eye contact. Perhaps for a bit too long for most people. As far as she is concerned, he might be all that he said that he is, but she does not believe that he has any such malice these days. Further more, she studies him as well. While she is no great read of whatever is within him personality or emotions wise, she decides that she rather likes him and responds to his departed with a touch of regret, "Ah, well, good bye then, dear Eiji. Please, let us have another conversation. I do value your advice. And perhaps I will visit your garden at some point in time." Oderic's words roll around in her head for a while, but her attention is drawn back to Xavior's reaction as he stares at her, causing her to forget what she was going to say to Oderic. His predatory gaze raised a curiosity in her. Why? Why is she only reacting with curiosity? She does not know. Perhaps it was due to her own fear of herself. Or, perhaps it is simply naivite. Regardless of the reasons, his staring has pulled her out of her self anxious introspection. Hyperiona looks back into the eyes of the one who seems to be studying her soul and then gives him a slight and polite bow in reply to him giving her his formal title. "Ah, well, that was something that I was unaware of. My name is Hyperiona Ann Ellarose." 'Why were they staring at my eyes? My goodness, did I do something stupid? Crap. I bet I committed some faux pax that I was unaware about. s**t ... Is he angry about something I did? I'm probably- Shut up, Hype. He hasn't complained about anything yet. Let him have his say. The tone is clearly because I didn't call him by his title. How was I supposed to know? I don't even know why I know his name!' she thinks to herself as she mentally pushes her self conscious tirade into the back of her mind once more. Not too far off the nobody who had not yet introduced himself lingers nearby. The presence of the nobody was picked up on by her, but she has not sensed any true ill intent, nor can she quite place what he is at the moment. While his appearance is unsettling, he is of lesser concern than the self proclaimed king of Valley of Screams. "Your highness, please pardon me if you'd be so kind. No rudeness was intended. I had no awareness of your rank and titles." She watches him do a quick one eighty in attitude and quickly swap into a speedo while Eiji and the nobody dart off. "Yes, it is a beautiful day. I wish that there were more days like this. I could rather enjoy that, though I suppose rough weather makes us appreciate this more." She glances over at Oderic briefly and wonders about him. Quite frankly she could respect his attitudes towards the brass and possibly even the nobles. Though most nobles have little to do with their day to day business, with the exception of the many who joined the ranks of the Thirteen Court Guard Squads. "To be honest, I am unsure how I recognized you. You are absolutely right about us not having met before. However, I feel as though I have some kind of awareness of you, though I do not believe that it is because I have seen you before .. exactly. Sorry for rambling there." She rubs the back of her head as she watches him settle in. "Either way, it is nice to meet you."  

Tai Mao

Feline Wolf

14,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Springtime Scavenging 25

Sir_Viliulfo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 11:09 am
Odric Kaylen Eldeghast

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Reiatsu 284 | Speed 49 | Strength 20 | Defense 30 | Stamina 20 | Intelligence 40 | Spiritual Power 125
Odric listens as Eiji reacts eagerly to the chance to show someone his gardens and Xzavior introduces himself. However, he keeps his eyes on the silent one that had appeared with the so called king. Which meant when the being lunged, Odric was ready. He used Flash Step to move back out of the water of the hot spring, and the starts calling out a kido. “Hadou #54, Haien!” Waves of flames roar forth from Odric, meeting the tendril coming from him and potentially roasting it before it makes contact. He then stares down the being, tanto drawn, ready to release his shikai if he needs it for the fight. He continues listening as the others speak, but he never takes his eyes off of the strange new being. He does take notice of Xzavior’s sudden outfit change, and waits for what this being decides to try next.
Health 350/350 | Spirit Energy 156/160 | Clarity 35 | Movement Speed 49

Word Count for Post: 148 * 3.8 = 562
Word Count Total for Character: 6,729

Actions Taken

Augment Action: Flash Step, Movement Speed increased to 79, 2 SE
Augment Action: Bougyoudo #99: Incantation Bypass +15 Attack Speed, -5 Attack Power, 1 SE
Attack Action: Hadou #54: Haien cast using Incantation Bypass, 4 SE

Attack Power = 125 SP, +20 Haien, -5 Bypass = 140
Attack Speed = 79 Movement, +15 Bypass = 94
SE Cost = 2 Flash, 2 Kido (4 Haien, 1 Bypass, -3 Understanding of Kido) = 4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:21 pm
User ImageXToshiro Eiji »Vizard

x Rᴇɪᴀᴛsᴜ: 200 | Sᴘᴇᴇᴅ: 25 | Sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ: 25 | Dᴇғᴇɴsᴇ: 25 | Sᴛᴀᴍɪɴᴀ: 25 | Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ: 50 | Sᴘɪʀɪᴛᴜᴀʟ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: 50

Eiji watched, seemingly unperturbed, as the blank Xzavior had brought with him reached his tentacles out, attempting to make contact with the two shinigami. One of the shinigami, the girl known as Hyperiona, seemed undisturbed, so distracted was she speaking with Xzavior. He could have that effect on people, Eiji knew.

The other, Odric, reacted in a much more hostile fashion, moving quickly to cast a flame kidou.

”Take it easy, kid. He doesn’t mean any harm…” Eiji said, calmly. Blanks could be… unsettling, but they were rarely a threat.

”He’s just trying to get a taste of your memories. They do that.”

As if on cue, the blank retreated, moving towards the senkei gate he had opened. Eiji allowed the blank to enter the gate before he himself followed it. They came out the other side in a beautiful tea garden.

[Exit to Eiji’s Tea Garden (VoS)]

x Rᴇɪᴀᴛsᴜ: 350 | Sᴘᴇᴇᴅ: 25 | Sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ: 25 | Dᴇғᴇɴsᴇ: 25 | Sᴛᴀᴍɪɴᴀ: 25 | Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ: 125 | Sᴘɪʀɪᴛᴜᴀʟ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: 125

Blanks. You could dress them up, but you could never take them anywhere, lest you risk embarrassment. This simple fact, one that Xzavior had learned quite quickly, made itself known as his new friend reached out towards the two shinigami. Xavier recognized this as him trying to gather memories, and one of the shinigami (the female one) didn’t seem very disturbed by it. Odric, however, leapt out of the way, casting a spell in an attempt to burn Ye.

Xavier waved a hand and the flames dissipated before they could touch Ye. The blank was his quest, and he could not allow him to come to undeserved harm for his curiosity.

”That won’t be necessary. See? He’s leaving now.” As if on command, Ye exited with Eiji through the portal.

Xzavior noticed how nervous Hype was as she stammered out her apologies at not knowing his titles.

He tilted his head back and laughed at the sky.

”I was only kidding, dear, worry not! You may call me Xzavior if you wish. Or Lord Smith. King Xzavior. Just don’t call me if I owe you money!”He chuckled at his own joke.

He playfully splashed some water at the nervous-looking Shinigami girl.

She spoke again, wondering aloud how she had come to know Xzavior despite never meeting him before. This was a mystery to him.

”Perhaps we have met, in some other life before this one…”

Xzavior didn’t believe in reincarnation, but he knew that many shinigami did. He found it best to humour their primitive beliefs.

Luciferin Bandit

Tai Mao

Feline Wolf

14,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:19 am
Hype smiles at Xavior a little and even lets out a lady like giggle. When he splashes at her, she playfully returns the gesture and then settles back as he begins to talk some more. "Perhaps, I suppose. All I know is I was born in what humans call the afterlife, but for me it is just life. Basically what I know for the moment is what I learn." She shrugs about it and then looks up for a moment as she gathers her thoughts while she allows herself to relax some more around him somewhat. "Reality is kind of funny like that. Everything seems relative to each person's perspective and origins. Not that I try to delve too deep into the heavy philosophical stuff. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun thought experiment, but ... I don't know ..." She returns his gaze back to him. "Perhaps it does not matter in the end. I am glad to have met you and Eiji and Oderic. I am afraid that I do not know the blank's name, but I assume that he has one. He seems like a curious fellow. I certainly can't fault him for being interested. I mean, it's in the fellow's nature and well, don't we all crave that which we lack to some degree? It's no different than craving a good meal. From what they said in the Academy, memory fragments are sparse where he comes from. Poor dear." She smiles at him pleasantly and finds him rather interesting. "I am curious, myself. Perhaps you would be willing to tell me the tale of how you gained authority over the Valley of Screams. That must be an interesting story."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:37 am
Odric Kaylen Eldeghast

While there is hostility in Odric’s voice when he replies, it is clear none of it is directed at Eiji. “Taste of my memories?” He semi-asks quietly. “He must be a blank then. And whether he meant harm or not, I would rather not have someone trying to peer into my thoughts.” With the second statement he also gives a quick glance to Xzavior. He then watches the two leave through a portal of some kind. Once they had left, he settles down once more, beside the hot spring, steam rising from his clothes as the cat appears around him once more and crawls all over him. He listens quietly to the other two, his senses on high alert now.

Word Count for Post: 120 * 2.6 = 312
Word Count Total for Character: 7,041

Actions Taken
No actions taken, 16 SE out of combat regen

Sir_Viliulfo

Luciferin Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:38 pm

x Rᴇɪᴀᴛsᴜ: 460 | Sᴘᴇᴇᴅ: 55 | Sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ: 25 | Dᴇғᴇɴsᴇ: 25 | Sᴛᴀᴍɪɴᴀ: 25 | Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ: 165 | Sᴘɪʀɪᴛᴜᴀʟ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: 165
x HP: 525/525 | Spirit Energy: 240/240 | Clarity: 95

”A forlorn Shinigami, a Vizard, and a Nobody. All sitting together. Conversing. It’s beautiful to behold~”

Xzavior smiled at each of his companions in turn, as he sat in the steaming water.

Xzavior chuckled as Hyperiona asked him how he came to be known as the King of Northweald.

”I’m afraid the story is not as interesting as you might hope. You see, when I came to the Valley of Screams, there was no order. No power structure. Just savage beasts feeding off of eachothers’ memories. I am king by rite of conquest. No other challenger has made themselves known to me, and the ones that have… well…”

Xzavior shrugged. The last person who had tried to challenge his authority had been dealt with. Swiftly.

”But i find that the Blank swarms care little for authority. They don’t have much of an appreciation for the Monarchy. The ones that do, however, know that they can count on their king to protect them. Perhaps, were I a shoddy king, they would have overthrown me by now.”

The thought had crossed Xzavior’s mind before. It was why he took the protection of his realm so seriously.

”Now, tell me. Have either of you two had the opportunity to travel my kingdom? It is quite beautiful this time of year.”

The later part of that sentence had been a joke. There were no seasons in Northweald.

”I have a feeling you will be hearing a lot more about Northweald and the actions of their noble king in the coming months…”

Xzavior paused for a moment, as if in thought, and then turned to Hyperiona.

”I’m not surprised that you are here instead of The Seretei, especially with the death of so many nobles. Your family has some experience in this, do they not?”

His question was pointed. It seemed Clan Sanada was being slaughtered as they spoke. Clan Ellerose had once been the perpetrator of such hostilities. He could only assume that even with the Hi being the family under investigation, the Shinigami would be turning a wary eye to the Ellerose. Earth was a smart place for an Ellerose to be right now.

Word Count

Previous Count:
This Post [Raw]: 373
Multiplier: x1.6 [597]
New Total: 2434 TOTAL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:33 am
Hyperiona listens to his tale. It was a short yet interesting story, though it seems that he basically showed up there and proclaimed it rather than really actually conquering despite what he had said. That is if you take into account the rest of what he had to say. He also spoke of there having had been challengers who he sorted out and routed out without hesitation in that very moment. This strong person is clearly a man who should be taken seriously if she takes him at his word. And why shouldn't he? His reiatsu, controlled as it is at the moment, is enough to make her judge that he is not kidding in the slightest. "That is quite the tale. Thank you for your answer." She mulls over his comments on her internal conflict. 'I was not aware that I was this obvious. I suppose it is inevitable eventually that somebody would notice. Most other people are not that aware of anything beyond what they want.' His next words snap her back to the conversation. "Ah, no, I have yet to travel anywhere besides Earth and the Other World. It does sound interesting, however ..." She frowns at his pointed question about the current events in the Soul Society. "Eh, yeah, I kind of haven't checked my phone in a while. I have been stationed here on Earth to fill in for an injured member of my division. I suppose that I should just assign somebody else. Still, I highly doubt an Ellarose is terribly wanted in a time like that. Especially if one of my rather ... overbearing and power hungry relatives is involved. I must point out, I am not like that traitor and I will not allow his shadow to darken my life. I am curious how you know about what goes on there." She reaches into her bag and pulls out her phone and quickly checks the messages. ".... Really now? Well, I rather expected it to be my family starting crap. Those two clans were very close allies." She chucks her phone back into her bag and sinks down into the water up to her neck. "I do not think that I would like to get involved with that dumpster fire. Not unless I get a very good reason. The last thing we need is an Ellarose to show up and stir the pot. I am so sick of these kind of politics." She looks over at Oderic and wonders if he has the right idea. Still, there's her ideals. Ideals worth the effort. Do good for good sake. Fight evil. Protect the weak. Restore honor to her family. That last part might be next to impossible with relatives like Chuck. If she could, she'd kidou him through a wall every single time he starts up his trash. However, he's family and being annoying is not enough reason to actually follow through with that fantasy. Niru is respectable enough, if rather self involved. Nara is the only one she has ever felt close to and is loyal to her sister. It was her sister, whose own goal of bringing honor back to their family, who inspired her in her own goals. Never once has she questioned what she personally wants out of life. Not until recently when she just vocalized her tiring of the darker side of politics of the Seireitei. She would marry into one of the other families if she thought it would help end this travesty. That said, she does not believe that such a suggestion would go over all that well. If only they had the good sense to team up. This would not only increase each clan's individual power, it would make the Soul Society stronger. Oh, to be in Reverse London or Valhalla right now. Perhaps a future transfer if nothing better comes up. "I think I will not get involved. I can't get blame for something that I did not do if I stay here or perhaps ... Perhaps you wouldn't mind if I go to see your realm? I mean, assuming that you will permit me to return afterward."  

Tai Mao

Feline Wolf

14,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100

Sir_Viliulfo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:25 am
Odric Kaylen Eldeghast

Odric says nothing when Xzavior outs him as a Vaizard. If this Shinigami tried to arrest him, he would fight back, and taking sense of her power, likely win. The conversation moves to talk of how Xzavior became the so called King of Northweald, which was not of any interest to Odric, nor was the shinigami’s following talk about current events in Soul Society and the relationships between the clans. What does catch his notice and interest is the roars that can be heard. Several of them, and given the reactions of the folk around them, clearly that of a hollow as no one seems to react to the loud noise. Odric grins for the first time since coming to the hot springs. It was time to do his duty. Without a word, Odric grabs his coat, slipping it on while he walks, and then breaks out into a sprint towards the beach, the source of one of the roars.

Exits to Karakura Beach

Word Count for Post: 160 * 2.6 = 416
Word Count Total for Character: 7,457

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:20 pm

x Rᴇɪᴀᴛsᴜ: 460 | Sᴘᴇᴇᴅ: 55 | Sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ: 25 | Dᴇғᴇɴsᴇ: 25 | Sᴛᴀᴍɪɴᴀ: 25 | Iɴᴛᴇʟʟɪɢᴇɴᴄᴇ: 165 | Sᴘɪʀɪᴛᴜᴀʟ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ: 165

Xzavior only smiled as Hype enquired how he knew so much about what happened in Soul Society.

”I find it to be a good practice to keep up with current events in the realms. Events in The Seretei can often have rippling effects even the Shingiami can’t predict. It’s best not to be caught unawares.”

This much was true. Indeed, Xzavior probably knew more about what was going on in Soul Society than either of these two Shinigami. He made it his business to know as much as he could.

He saw Hype’s frustration as she checked her phone, finally getting the news about what was happening at Sanada Manor. She didn’t seem eager to leave.

It was at precisely this moment that the spiritual signatures registered on Xzavior’s senses. Three hollows had arrived, in three different places. There was something strange about the reishi signature of these hollows. Something… different.

Odric seemed to notice at the same time Xzavior did. While Xzavior’s reaction was one of cool acknowledgement, Odric looked as if he had just been given a gift. Xavier knew this kind of Shinigami well. Some shinigami lived to slay hollows. The fact that Odric had been willing to subject himself to hollowfication to make him better at this task was a testament to his dedication to his duty, though Xzavior assumed that The Seretei did not quite see it that way.

Odric left as if there were nothing he would rather be doing than to face these hollows head-on. Xzavior knew this to be the case. He had met other driven Shinigami like this before, but never one who would take on hollows powers in their efforts to slay hollows.

He would be keeping a close eye on Odric. The boy could be a valuable asset, if Xzavior played his cards right.

As Odric sprinted off towards the source of the Hollow signatures, Xzavior turned to Hyperiona again.

She was obviously uncomfortable with the events in Soul Society, and with the invasion of hollows on Earth, Xzavior wondered how she would react. It was her duty, as a Shinigami, to meet such threats head-on if she was able to respond. The only thing keeping her from responding was Xzavior himself.

Would she choose him, or her duty?

Xzavior wondered to himself for a moment before he spoke again.

”It seems you have a choice to make. Do your duty as a Shinigami and join our grumpy friend in meeting this new threat… or coming back to Northweald with me? That choice is yours, of course. Northweald will still be there when the hollows are dead.”

That much was true. Xzavior had taken a shine to this girl. She would be welcome in Northweald whenever she wanted to show up.

The sudden increase in spiritual pressure let Xzavior know that opposition had begun to muster to face these new hollows. Xzavior did not want to get involved in this, at least not yet. It seemed Earth had enough defenses left to meet the challenge, and it would be a tremendous waste of his own resources to muster The Imperial Fleet to meet a mere trio of hollows. He would wait until the situation required it.
    Xzavior stood, water sloughing off of his bare skin, as he stepped out of the water. He snapped, and his suit appeared back on his body, and all of the moisture from the springs disappeared. He rubbed his hands together in anticipation.

”So, what’ll it be? Im sure Odric could use some help.”

Word Count

Previous Count: 2434
This Post [Raw]: 598
Multiplier: x2.6 (1,554)
New Total: 3988

Luciferin Bandit

Tai Mao

Feline Wolf

14,125 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:54 am
Hyperiona sighs and stands up. "I am afraid I must take the rain check as long as you are willing to let me cash it later. Duty is calling. More importantly, lives need protecting. Most humans are too fragile and unaware to protect themselves. I have developed a fondness of them." She quickly hops into her outfit and flash steps off. Before she does she says, "I rather enjoyed our conversation, Xavior. May our future discourses be as civil and enjoyable. Farewell, my dear soul."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:03 am

Xavier nodded his understanding as Hyperiona stood, donning her dry clothes, preparing for battle. He did not take offense to her departure. It was the duty of Shinigami to defend Earth from hollow.

She was only partially right about humanity. Many of them were like spiritual infants, but the ones who grew into their power could be fearsome indeed. It was entirely possible that the help of the Shinigami wasn’t even necessary.

In any case, Xavier waved as Hype made to leave.

”Good luck!” Was all he said, as the girl left the springs.

He was alone. Xavier looked around, sighing. It had been a productive day. He wondered what Eiji and Ye were up to.

A gilded portal opened, and Xzavior casually stepped through, onto the deck of the Alexander.

Word Count

Previous Count: 3988
This Post [Raw]: 133
Multiplier: x2.6 (345)
New Total: 4333.8

Luciferin Bandit

Earth

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers