Vice Captain

Liberal Bookworm

10,575 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 7:48 pm
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Never a better gentleman of fortune than i
but make no mistake to who cross me
.. them that dies will be the lucky ones ..

Ship: 'The Lady of Fortune'

User Image

nodding in slight impress, Long John tossed the apple in his hand before catching it and hummed in thought before nodding to two of his crew members and tossed them the apple then got up "close quarter shootin is easy, anyone can do that. But a distance is another matter. Not many can but it can be taught" he said as the two pirates got a fish barrel and put it twenty feet away and put the apple on it "so .... yer gonna see if you can shoot that apple off that barrel. If ye can then ye might have some trainin with cannons. If not ... well like i said: close quarter shootin is easy ... now then" he said before giving an exaggerated bow "Master Hopkins, if you will fire when ready" he said before looking at the target

User Image

GuenivereOrion

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 9:28 pm
MarcusEmyrs

Jim Hopkins

Theme

Jim found himself trembling as he readied the pistol he held his arm out with both hands he pulled back the c**k of the gun clearing his throat as he steadied himself aiming towards the apple, He took his aim and shot towards the apple, the feeling made him jolt slightly not knowing the power of the gun and his arms trembled slightly as he lowered his weapon but it hit the wood near the side of the barrel as he turned to Silver somewhat disappointed,"I.. suppose you wont let me try again huh?", he said; Wondering if he was only aloud one shot on taking out that apple or a couple;

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200

Marcus Emrys
Vice Captain

Liberal Bookworm

10,575 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 10:05 pm
User Image

User Image

as soon as he saw where the shot had hit and made a slight shrug of his head "well you didn't miss outright, good sign" he said before looking at Jim when he asked then glanced at Hands who gave a shrug of his own "why not?" he said giving him a smirk "but just one ... no second chances in battle" he said then looked at the boy's arms and took in a breath "just breath ... the sound is a shock and the force might be a bit much ... relax your arm, look-" he said pulling out his own pistol and held it out like he was firing "aim a tad lower than your intended target. it hits a bit higher because of the blast force, right?" he said before putting his pistol back and backed up a bit "load it up again lad"

User Image

GuenivereOrion

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 6:08 pm
MarcusEmyrs

Jim Hopkins

Theme

Jim felt relieved that silver and his crew was going to let him have another shot at it, taking silver's advice after he reloaded up the pistol he relaxed himself didn't tense as much and re aimed the gun this time a little lower and more to the left than the right like last time, feeling himself sweaty with anticipation as he cocked back the gun and pulled the trigger after the smoke from the gun cleared he seen he had gotten the apple though it was a clear shot through the center it was still on the apples surface causing chunks to fly from it and the apple to roll and topple over onto the ground turning to silver his eyes lighting up he told him,"Thank you.. for letting me..", he stopped looking at the gun there probably wasn't need for a thank you he past the test ,"Well.. I guess Now i know how to load a gun but the trouble is.. I may have an issue cleaning it...", he confessed,"I never watched my dad do that..", he told him;

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200

Marcus Emrys
Vice Captain

Liberal Bookworm

10,575 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 11:41 pm
User Image

User Image

"well that's easy enough, just gotta mainly make sure no extra used powder in it, just blow through. after that ... never hurts for a good shinin" he said with a smile and limped over to where the barrel was and picked up the remains of the apple and whistled lowly "not bad, Jimbo ... bit o' practice and you might be a marksman yet. now ... i'm certain ye don't need much of a test on the waters bein from this fishin village, everyone gets there sea legs at one point or another ... but the biggest thing ye gotta learn is to use a cutlass. now i don't expect ye to be a master swordsman. took me a while bein taught by Flint 'imself fer me to even get the basics. so ... think we'll start off slow, get some wooden ones or such to practice 'fore we move onto the real ones ... unless ye rather skip all of that and have a spar with one of the crew ... any man at all ye wish"

User Image

GuenivereOrion

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 1:58 pm
MarcusEmyrs

Jim Hopkins

Theme

Jim began to take apart the gun to make sure the inside of the gun was free of the extra powder as he took a old rag and wiped out and blew inside of the pistol,"Well..", he said hearing him talking about the sword,"I uh... would prefer not to get stabbed today... if you don't mind silver", he said somewhat nervously he didn't realize there was so many weapon choices! He wondered how his sister managed to learn all of this did she to have an instructor? From what he was told they just went off sailing, once he finally finished shining up the pistol he handed it back ti slilver,"How much longer til we set sail?", asks jim wondering if they would leave out that night or wait til the morning light;

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200

Marcus Emrys
Vice Captain

Liberal Bookworm

10,575 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:40 am
User Image

User Image

"first light is usually when the tide will be good enough but-" he said then looked out to the ship and chewed on the inside of his cheek before seeing Jim handing the pistol back to him and looked in confusion then chuckled "no point handin it back to me, already got two" he said pushing the weapon back to Jim "Jimbo ... lemme tell ye somethin; all the cleanin in the world wont change the fact there will always be a better pistol. an right now everyone has a contempt well fire-arm either bought or won in a prize ship. this one be yours, i can say with no doubt just as we'll soon find ye a good enough blade ... though for right now practice ones should do fer now" he said before reaching behind the barrel and pulled out two toy wooden swords with a grin "ark! shiver me timbers!" Cap'n Flint exclaimed as one of the crew who put the barrel there, Morgan, looked surprised "i didn't see those there" he said as Long John only smirked "you know ol Long John is a master of a slight of hand. nicked these while i was up in town" he said tossing Jim one to test his reflexes first while the other pirates looked on with interest and stabbed the other sword in the sand "two words of advice, Jim: assess the choices with consideration and remember nothing is ever as it would seem"

User Image

GuenivereOrion

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 7:21 am
MarcusEmyrs

Jim Hopkins

Theme

Jim was bewildered and astonished that silver would give him a weapon so easily,"This... is mine?", he would ask tentatively as he looked down at the pistol he shot it would be then that he would have to start his practice with swords; Queing in on a old memory of himself we see a young jim with a stick wacking and parrying attacks while he shouted,"On the left! woah!", he would dodge out of the way,"I got you sissy!", he would shouted in innocence child glee as he would smack a nearby boulder and then throw down his weapon as he shouted,"Yea! We defeated the bad pirates!", then the voice of his mother calling him,"Jim! JIm!"; The memory faded as jim stood there surveying the wooden cutlass,'This is going to be so embarrassing if all that practice I did was for nothing', he thought to himself just when silver tossed him to the sword his hand shot out catching it almost instantly,'Yikes he isn't playing around!', jim's eyes turned back to him he tried his best to not seem to dumb about it and held the wooden blade firmly,"Well... I guess i'm ready?", he said wondering who his opponent will be;

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200

Marcus Emrys
Vice Captain

Liberal Bookworm

10,575 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 10:21 am
User Image

User Image

smirking, Long John swung his sword in a slash on both sides to flex his wrist before smirking getting in an interesting fighting stance; his sword pointed forward and his leg spread away from his crutch a few extra inches back and his crutch was gripped in a mixture of loose yet firm, a trained eye could see notches in the wood from blade strikes "by your leave, Master Hopkins" he said before using his crutch like a catapult to spring himself forward and swung a heavy diagonal slash at Jim

(level 10 Boss fight XD. and "by your leave" means with your permission in case you didn't know)

User Image

GuenivereOrion

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 1:46 pm
MarcusEmyrs

Jim Hopkins

Theme

Jim gulped as he soon seen his opponent was going to be silver himself preparing himself he wasn't prepared for such speed for a man with one leg, with in technical terms; He found himself barely dodging the slash that was taken to him causing the boy to trip onto himself and fall onto the ground,"Ah! Woah!", said jim rolling out of the way of a possible another strike that came flying in before he used what he could to get to his feet,'He is so fast! and strong.. this is impossible!', jim thought uncertainty how did a bunch of children learn to face real pirates that weren't going easy on them? The thought gave him courage if his sister could do it so could he and he would then hold the blade firm before swing out and then upwards leaving himself open but preparing to bring the blade down onto his opponents right shoulder regardless; His technique with swordplay was sloppy and dangerous but in a real fight if he was careful he may have taken a few notches into his opponent before killing over from his aggressive offense and no real defensive maneuvers;

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200

Marcus Emrys
Vice Captain

Liberal Bookworm

10,575 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:48 pm
User Image

User Image

smirking, Long John let out a battle cry as he used his sword to block the attacks but barely got out of the way of the right shoulder and chuckled before hopping backwards a few feet "well ye got a good offence for a beginner, I'll give ye that ... though with yer size you'd be best suited for speed, and you might need to work on blocking. I'm not the best person to be teachin ye footwork cause, well-" he said before looking down to his one leg and gave him a playful grin which evolved into a laugh before sobering up and looked to the crew seriously "gents ...." he said before limping towards them "you have seen the boy's skill ... true: rough around the edges but so were we all ... what's say you?" Long John asked as each slowly stood up, each saying 'aye', even a beautiful woman with a raspy low voice, until the last one sitting was Israel Hands who got up and walked to Silver (and incidentally Jim) "I'm saying this now: it's risky, foolish, and beyond suicide to let a sibling of the Viper join the crew. She might try to kill us all to get to him, d**n parlay" he said sternly before taking in a breath and nodded "with that bein said ..... aye from me as well" he said making Long John's eyes gleam in triumph before turning his head to the ship and frowned slightly "Jimbo ... question for ya ... how often does high tide happen at this hour?" he asked as the crew turned and were startled to see not only was he right but it seemed as though the horizon was clear as well as the skies. Add in a good wind and they could leave within the hour

User Image

GuenivereOrion

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 3:13 pm
MarcusEmyrs

Jim Hopkins

Theme

Jim found himself feeling relieved that they were all agreeing for him to stay on board he looked at each crew member finding himself drawing his attention to the face of everyone single one of them settling his eyes finally on Israel hands who walked forward he seemed solemn as the man was very much against him joining because of Odelia's reputation but very relieved that he was allowed to stay because of the code, smiling big Jim turned to Silver only for him to ask about high tide,"High tide.. at this hour?", eh rushed over to the side of the ship just as startled as the rest of them perfect sailing weather and they were just sitting in dock!? He turned back to silver,"It's rather early..", he said surprised was Long John magic? He wondered blinking at the older man;

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200

Marcus Emrys
Vice Captain

Liberal Bookworm

10,575 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 12:11 am
User Image

User Image

upon hearing this, the crew started muttering in confusion. some whispered 'Poseidon' while others scratched their heads "enough chatter! orders Captain?" Hands said before turning to Silver who was glaring up at the sky somewhat in suspicion then looked to Hands and took in a breath before looking to the crew "on deck! you scabbards dogs!" he shouted as the crew hurried to the ship "prepare to set sail and weigh anchor!" he said before looking at Jim somewhat and smiled with a nod "seems the sea wants you aboard as well ... hope yer ready lad" he said before hobbling over to the ladder to the ship that was placed at dock before turning to him "cause nothin is gonna be the same again" he said then climbed aboard and tossed his crutch on deck before being helped up by one of the crew men, Black Dog, and smirked at Jim then started calling more orders to which Black Dog barked out to those on the mast since his voice was loud "get those sails out now! Mr. Hogun, raise the kingdom colours!" he said to the man in the crows next who switched out the black flag for one that showed loyalty to the king. as Silver hobbled upon the deck and up to the helm, he stopped upon seeing the red-haired man from before. this time he could tell he didn't bother hiding himself as several of the crew had noticed "what are you doing here?" Long John asked with venom in his words but the man only smirked and raised his hand in greeting "'sup John ... glad to see you" the man said somewhat awkwardly and winced a bit "sorry just ... i wasn't sure what to say ... but it is good to see-" "i heard" Long John said with a growl before taking in a breath "i be takin' it this be yer doin?" he asked in an unnaturally calm voice after his previous times he spoke to the man "yes ... John the situation is dire, we are close to war and we desperately need your help" he said making Long John crack a smile "oh yer askin for my help now are ye? why you and not Poseidon?" he asked as the mysterious man frowned "he's too wrapped up with guilt ... he doesn't even know i'm here, no one does ... well except Hades and his wife i guess ... John please" he asked before turning to Jim and Long John instantly put himself in front of the boy to keep the man from gaining interest "why? why now?" was all he said before the man's eyes softened "we ... we heard about Odelia from Dionysus and his daughter. about what happened to her ... if you help us, me ... then we'll owe you ... and the pirates." he said making Long John think for a moment "let me think on it ... meet us at Tortuga, i'll have your answer there" he said as the man smiled and nodded before jumping in the air, his feet growing a pair of wings on each foot before flying upwards and took off like a flash of lightning. sighing, Long John looked to Jim and hobbled to the rails and sighed in anger "sorry about that"

User Image

GuenivereOrion

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 7:28 am
MarcusEmyrs

Jim Hopkins

Theme

Jim watched the hustle and bustled of the crew under Silver's command and the boy didn't' take long to jump into action himself watching them readying the sails he did what he could to help and then ran off to the front of the boat to lean over it gazing out at the fast moving sea preparing him he made his way back over to silver with adventure shining in his eyes as he approached he stopped just short as he seen him talking to a man with red hair and similar state of skin, as the man turned towards him Silver blocked the path as Jim found himself keep his distance from the red haired man until he just took off into the air with winged sandals Jim's jaw dropping he watched silver hobble over to the railings as he found himself tentatively stepping forward,"What... what was that about?", he said,"And.. who I mean..", the boys brain was obviously blown away by the fact that silver was probably talking to some god or something and that he was rather angry about the whole situation,"What does he mean what happened to Odelia?", he asked worried,"Does he mean my sister?", he said looking in the direction that heremes took off in the boy wanted to know more about the god that just left who he was what he knew but he would have to get answer from silver and he wasn't sure if silver would want to tell him;

GuenivereOrion
Vice Captain

Blessed Friend

10,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hygienic 200

Marcus Emrys
Vice Captain

Liberal Bookworm

10,575 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2020 8:44 am
User Image

User Image

taking in a deep breath, Long John took off his hat to show the bandanna underneath then looked to Jim. he remained quiet for a while until he was sure his anger was quelled "his name is Hermes, he's an Olympian god" he said before turning back and looking to the sea before letting out a sigh almost like shame "he's my father" he said with a frown before looking back at Jim for a while "honestly it could mean a few things: about what happened here, on this island ... or her whereabouts, i'm not sure ... what i do know is dealing with deities are .... complicated" he said before going to him and putting his hat back on "a storm's a comin, Jim. not a literal one in a sense but .... he wants me to fight. in a war that's coming that'll shake the realms to the core ... i'm no hero Jim nor am i a coward" he said sighing as the ship sailed slowly out of the dock to open waters "but the way he spoke ... 'bout yer sister .... i think i get the feeling she got roped into this too."

User Image

GuenivereOrion

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Islands of the Waterway

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash