Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] A Spread for the Deck: The Tarot Clutch Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:11 pm
Demanthra/Monath and Ashlyn/Gyafrith

After Demanthra had given her new dragon an oiling, the two of them decided to take a nap. The day had been more eventful then she had expected, so the rest was definitely needed. She still couldn't believe that her dragon soulmate had finally entered in her life. Once the two had gotten the rest they needed, with some of Monath's fanciful dreams reaching the girl, they got up. She decided to wear a pretty green dress and she looked to the other, to see what she thought.

You look amazing, Mine, green is a wonderful color on you. Come, we need to get to the feast, you are hungry now,Monath teased. Demanthra laughed lightly as she followed her dragon, catching some fantasies of the other of all the eyes on them.

"I am not sure everyone will be paying attention to us, Monath. I mean, you are beautiful, but you do have lots of brothers and sisters,"she reminded gently.

Trust me, we are beautiful and they will treat us like royalty!Monath spoke boldly, just as they got to where the others were. Demanthra waved to her sister, who probably had run home to make sure everything was alright. Then V'mel began his comments to them and she nodded her head in agreement. She wasn't much into alcohol, so she would be perfectly fine with that one. The rest she knew, thanks to her sister who not only worked with the Weyrlings, but was one herself at one point. Once they were announced, she walked over to Ashlyn.

"Do you think our family is here, Ashlyn?"she asked softly.

Do not worry, I saw them come, so you should go say hello,Gyafrith assured into their heads. Ashlyn thanked her blue, before the sisters headed in, looking around. Ashlyn was in her riding best, her knots being proudly displayed. When the girls saw their family, they hurried over and gave their greetings. Monath seemed to suck up all the congrats from them, this is what she liked. Then she heard a soft voice and her happy blue eyes went over to where she saw Cynosuth.

Hello Cynosuth, I am so glad you are doing so well. Look at all the attention we are getting, we are like kings and queens right now,she thought back to her sister brightly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:58 am
Kratoth’s eyes whirled blue, appreciative of his blue brother’s care. Dear Macuith, I am well. It is just that my rider is concerned about his friend. How are you and yours?

C’lusi’s question brought Le’x out of his troubled headspace and into the present. “I’m fine, thank you,” he replied. “I was just looking for Karone. I didn’t get a chance to talk to him after the hatch… getting a little worried about him.” As his attention focused on the other, Le’x noticed his appearance, and even though he took no interest in men, couldn’t help but compliment him. “You look really nice. I wish I knew how to do that.”

With a cheerful chirrup, Kratoth stretched his neck high so that he could see his little green sister. Hello, Cynosuth! I am glad to see you looking so lively this evening.

”Fated Fable”
Back at you, Cynosuth!

”Masterharper”
Lookin' good, C’lusi!

-----------------

Karone was indeed at the feast, outwardly serene, sitting straight and tall at one of the tables, when what he really wanted to do was slouch and bury his face in a pillow. Of all the ways for disappointment to manifest, this evening it was in the form of self-consciousness. Kar felt as if a beam of light shone down on him, drawing attention to his failures of every kind, his failure to impress the greatest of them all. And, to be rather crass about it, he felt fat. His stomach gurgled plaintively, but the plate of fruit and strips of grilled wherry before him had gone largely untouched so far. His cup, filled with a strong beverage, was also untouched. He longed to dull the ache of defeat, but didn’t trust himself not to say or do something awful if he was not in full control of himself when he next saw Lenix. The consequences of such an indulgence would be dire for them both.

He occasionally glanced about, watching for Len or Dorianus, the latter whom he’d met just at the end of the hatch. The man’s quiet sensibility was reassuring in a time when emotions were so high. He spotted a familiar man wearing a red that he recognized as one of the particular shades of Dusiph’s hold. Of course, his father would not be present; he was still in treatment at Healer Hall. But that fellow, he knew, would be reporting to Dusiph every bit of news discovered at this feast, including the fact that his son failed to impress. With a sigh, Karone took off his own red coat, rolled it up, and tucked it underneath the table.

Let him be overlooked for a while longer. Just a little while longer.

”BastetAmun”

Teiha

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:59 am
Nadry's smile wasn't missed, and Ichta smiled back to the young woman in turn as she seated herself with her lovely new support-tower.

Ichta's attention turned to the second rider that had joined them, though he was obviously quite the wordsmith, then back to V'mel with a nod. "Hello to you as well," she greeted to T'at. "No, my friend Nadry impressed that brown - Menankith. So we'll see what the future holds for us together, I hope." After all, it would be easier to bee an oddity with good company - though it seemed they would have have some in the form of older riders.

"Enjoy your meal!" she smiled as the older rider - and her companion - took their leave. It gave her time to at least eat a little bit as Aurinkoth started seeking out the minds of his siblings - especially since one of his favorite greens had done the rounds for greetings already! Cynosuth! Dear sister! Did you rest? How are you? How is yours? Hello! Hello! He made a rather excited keeling noise as he shifted in place, continuing his rounds of greeting around the room.

Hello, Menankith! I see yours is making a new friend! Is she eating well? Did you sleep before the feast? Is all well? his head turned towards the other brown he'd likely be seeing a lot of, Elzebuth! Hello! Are you and yours still well? It had barely been a few hours, but naps were important and somehow, he doubted either of them had really relaxed too much in that time. Monath! You and Yours are looking well! How wonderful! He paused in his greetings to lean his head back to look up at Ichta with a thrum. She was enjoying food - it would be her first meal of the day and more importantly - their first meal together. Oddly, fruit had never tasted so good to her than it had in this moment. Was that Aurinkoth's influence?

Everything will be much better when we're together, mine. Not just fruit! Naps and food and friends and play! All of it! He was full of such overwhelming love and certainty that she thought her heart was going to burst. It wasn't that Ichta had never felt happy before - she'd simply never felt so loved. It was world's away from anything she'd ever known.

Tsunake

Meepfur

Fated Fable

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:12 am

Ah. Alarming the girl had not been her intention. Illa rocked back on her heels, observing the pair for a time before she spoke again. "Aye, my Fenrith told me his name." Dragons had always had ways of knowing these things, so far as Illa was aware. "He wasn't kind enough to supply me with your name, but Menankith's? He notices that sort of thing." That sort of thing, like Impressing a Brown dragon was as normal as meatrolls. "Anyway. You're going to hear a lot of things. We're here to tell you that Impressing a Brown is a fine thing for a young lady to do. An' if you need a listenin' ear, I've got two, and he's got his headknobs."

The former merc-captain wasn't exactly the best at reassuring speeches, but she hoped that this one would do in a pinch. It was all she had, after all. Even those that don't know what to make of you don't wish you ill, Fenrith told the young Brown, stirring from where he sat to raise his head, that he might better watch the young one. I have no children, yet, but if you were my son, I would be proud of you.

--

As they moved through the crowd, Dr'stan let Cynosuth lead, her tiny, tired legs managing the distance in a bit of a longer time than he might have hoped. Poor thing, she was already tuckered out. Mother. I am tired, but I am well. My Dr'stan is with me. And that, on its own, was enough to make her well. I want to help him keep everyone safe, Mother. The little dragonet did not quite understand that which threatened to take over her mother's thoughts, but she gave a happy trill to encourage her golden mama, anyway.

Oh! There was Menankith, and look, his lady was with him too. And another lady was with them as well. Who was that? Hello! Are you okay? Yours seems out of sorts. Can I help?

What is a king? Cynosuth asked her sister, in the tone of one waiting to be told a very great secret. Oh! Oh, Kratoth, yours is very handsome, and you look well. I have had a nap, and I feel so much better. To dear Aurinkoth, Cynosuth chirruped. I have rested, and I am well! Mine is feeling strange things, but he seems happy! "Dearheart, I am quite happy," Dr'stan said, pausing in his effort to cross over to Ichta. The dragonet seemed to want to say hello to everyone.

Meepfur
ShinosBee
Dea and #Teddy#
Teiha
demon_pachabel

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:47 am
I am quite well, Cynosuth, Menankith assured his sweetly concerned sibling, And Mine will be well also. It has been a long day. Much has changed, and much more yet will. His was no longer the girl who had stepped onto the Sands at the Hatching, or the Touching; he had torn away all the falsehoods she'd been fed and left her raw and new. While not pleasant, it had been necessary, and it was not as though she was left to find herself and rebuild alone. He would raise her up to soar with him and meet her dreams. It is good of you to offer help, but I think the remedy is time.

Hello, Aurinkoth! All is mostly well, yes, he then responded to his bright blue brother's stream of questions, making certain to supply an answer to each. Fenrith's has found us, and I think this will be good. We did sleep, and she is eating but not as much as she wants to because there are rules about what she should eat and how much and when? Is that true? Does Yours know anything about that? It did make some sense, since there were guidelines on what they as young dragons should eat, but was it truly the same for Theirs or just another 'rule' imposed upon her without good reason? If so, she should be free from it to eat all the meat rolls and curry and bubbly pies she wanted in any order she wanted. As quickly as she wanted.

While Menankith busied himself with the sudden chatter after their spell of quiet, Nadry was fortunate to have only one conversation to field, and happy for that. And relieved to know that the woman's dragon had been the one to supply Menankith's name, which...did seem more likely than the Weyr being abuzz with gossip about them already, when there was a new gold to chatter about. "I'm glad someone thinks so. I mean, I haven't heard a lot, yet, but we've mostly been sleeping since this morning." The young woman ran the hem of her sleeve under her fingernails, fretting at it. "But I've been here long enough to know it's...odd."

Browns were supposed to be for strapping men like her brother, but Menankith of course didn't give a shell about supposed to, and she was going to have to learn to do the same. Quickly. "Thank you. I think...I think we'll probably need it, before long." Someone who had been there, and knew, and Fenrith's looked strong. If she and Menankith were going to be heroes, she would need to learn to be strong. "Ah, you're Fenrith's, but I think I missed your name?"

I should hope they do not. If they did... He would rip them apart, if at all able. The hatchling brown shifted position to sit back and up on his haunches, doing his best to locate and get a look at Fenrith while they spoke. And I would be prouder to have you as a father than I would any bronze. For all he knew, as he'd had no interaction with him thus far, Takarath could be one of the tolerable bronzes, but even so, a brown seemed far preferable. Especially one so discerning as to have a female rider.

demon_pachabel

Fated Fable

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:25 am
Teiha

The blue dragon gave a relieved churr, glad that his brother's distress had seemingly passed. Today was supposed to be a happy day, after all, and it would do no good if his siblings were upset. Why is he concerned? Is his friend not here? Shall we go looking for them? I am quite sure, between us both, we could charm his friend into his arms and they could happily be reunited. Then, he wouldn't need to be worried or wear such a long face. Now that sounded awful romantic, didn't it? Even though he wasn't entirely sure what romance was, he had ideas about it from his rider, and his rider seemed to like them. Perhaps Le'x and his mystery friend would, too?

C'lusi, for his part, was flattered to be noticed. He did rather enjoy a fine compliment, and wasn't going to brush it off. He liked to look good, and was glad that his fashion sense paid off. "Oh, it's not hard. If you're really interested in brushing up, I can give you some tips between lessons," he grinned amicably. He didn't know Le'x well, but now that they were weyrlings together, he was sure to get to know all the new and unfamiliar faces. "I'm sure we could find him in this crowd... Unless you'd rather let him seek you out?" He glanced around at all the faces and gave a little grimace. "I know some Candidates sit this part out." That had been his plan, if he hadn't Impressed. He would have found some other sort of distraction to keep him from having to face his disappointment, likely in the arms of someone else.

No arms needed anymore, Mine! You've got me, and I'm much more interesting than any of them. And much cuter, too!

And wasn't that the truth.

((I will get to other tags tonight, Wish & Fable!))

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:20 pm
Lemath got a hello and her head snapped up and turned to her sibling. She trumpeted out a greeting and practically danced around R'am now. She was so hyped up! They were all here because of her! She's the one that was first born, she made everything happen. She crooned and preened under the pets of Hers before the green got impatient and climbed up on the table. From there she'd table hop until she came face to face Zenobiath.

Little green hands would come out and paw at her gold sister, wanting cuddles and touches, but also trying to steal a bit of her food at the same time. It's not like she didn't have her own, but sharing was nice! Zenobiath-mine! came her little chirping voice, even as her most perfect rider finally caught up to her. Her tail might be causing food to slip off the table, but she wasn't too sure. Zenobiath, we should dance!

R'am had sprinted after his dragonet the moment she left his side. With a loud laugh, he just followed her down and dove to try to save some of the food. "H-hey! Lemath, can't you sit still?" He was exasperated, but not upset. His only reply was a laugh that tickled him and he had to roll his eyes.

He looked to Alumet and gave a sheepish sort of look. "Sorry about this.."

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:21 pm
C'ryn and Aresoth

C'ryn had followed his father's advice and gone to the tables, being stopped along the way by a couple of holders as they wanted to speak to them. He would take to them for a moment before excusing himself from them. With Aresoth by his side it was easy for him to command the authority he needed. The attention was chaffing sometimes, he wasn't use to this, after being a weyrbrat and candidate. He knew he was only one rung above where he was before, but all the attention he was getting tonight, it was strange.

We deserve all of the attention and respect we are getting, C'rynmine. We can raise to such heights, the ones you have always dreamed of. Aresoth's words made C'ryn smile and he nodded his head, moving to begin grabbing some food.

Aresoth's head twitched into the direction of his green sister as she greeted him. Cynosuth. Are you feeling better? He had been worried about how tired his sister had gotten during the hatching. She had done so well to find her bonded and she had chosen one who was very worthy of his sister. All of his siblings had chosen well, even if he did not agree wholly with all of his siblings.

Finding a place to sit so that he could eat, C'ryn was about to take a bite of herdbeast when there was a popping sound. Myrddin was there on the table and quickly shot his head forward, grabbing the food out of his hand. Aresoth let out a sound of reproach to the bronze firelizard but C'ryn placed a hand on his head. "It's fine Aresoth, he hasn't eaten yet tonight either." C'ryn would have it harder then a lot of the other weyrlings, he assumed, taking care of a baby dragon and a flit, though at least Myrddin was beginning to grow and behave better.

C'ryn's touched helped to calm Aresoth and he watched Myrddin as he ate before the firelizard moved over and perched himself softly upon the dragon's head. A happy creel escaped him as he nuzzled against his 'brother'. It earned a soft chuckle from C'ryn.

FatedFable
'Big Brother is checking in on you

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dorianus

Hunger won out the want to study and practice, which lead to Dorianus to attend the feast. He was happy for his fellow former candidates and he did want to congratulate them but he was never one for this kind of things. He was an introvert, he wanted to be working on furthering his craft, if he didn't impress he needed to continue his plan and what he wanted to do. If he did, well he could still continue it once his training was over. But it would be a long time until then and he had time.

He had his black hair pulled back into a pony-tail and he was dressed as nicely as he could be. He had found clothes that didn't have blood stains from his practice.

With grey eyes scanning the room, the tall man tried to find any of his friends, most of them truly acquaintances that he had just made on the hatching sands. He wanted to find G'ran and make sure he was okay from the small wounds he had taken, as well as see how Nadry and Ichta were doing after all of the excitement. It was good they impressed with G'ran.

Movement at one of the tables caught Dorianus eyes and he noticed Karone. He watched the boy before he moved to grab his own food and sit down beside him. He didn't say anything at first, stretching his long legs out underneath the table, letting him relax for a moment.

"You may make your friend worry. Are you alright Kar?" Was he feeling a bit more comfortable around the boy or was he wanting to be familiar to perhaps help cheer the boy up.

Teiha

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr'stan and Ddraigth

We are late Dr'stanmine. Ddraigth's voice seemed almost whiny in Dr'stan's head and he raised an eyebrow as he slid from his dragon's back. It seemed the weyrlings had already been released from V'mel's hold for the feast. He patted Ddraigth's neck before he moved towards the main tent. We saw the hatching Ddraigth, if we are a little late it isn't of import. This night belongs to those who impressed today, just as we did ten years ago. Had it really been so long ago that he had impressed his Ddraigth. This clutch was almost identical to back then, with one gold and one bronze hatchling.

Entering the tent, he let his eyes move over the people. There is the girl we met before mine, at the lake. Dr'stan's eyes moved to look over at Alumet and the gold at her side. He supposed with how beautiful she was the fact her mother ended up being Alusia should not be a surprise. Will you go and talk to her? Was there a tone in Ddraigth's voice? Dr'stan shook his head then. Once she has finished speaking to those who vie for her attentions, I will. Let her mingle and enjoy the attention she deserves as the new Jr. Weyrwoman.

Were his eyes looking for anyone else? He couldn't tell really, maybe he was trying to find V'mel, the man had trained him nine years ago. Though he found himself continuing to reminisce. When he and Ddraigth had returned from helping a hold out and found out that Uridith had risen while they were gone, the bronze had sulked for a bit, having wanted to have a chance at a clutch of his own. For now, he would get some food and mingle.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Because Alumet was noticed.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:34 pm
Aurinkoth thrummed in agreement at Cynosuth's words, throwing a gentle wave of brotherly-love towards the green. Mine is also feeling a little strange sometimes, Cynosuth. But she assures me it is something that will pass. Perhaps yours feels the same strangeness? It was a suggestion based on only an unknown feeling from a rider as well as her words of assurance - His wouldn't lie to him!

When his brown brother spoke to him, his head whipped in Menakith's direction. Rules about food? That sounds very stiff and unfun. Aurinkoth said to Menakith before he looked up towards Ichta as she blew off a spoonful of soup and put it in her mouth. His eyes whirled with curiosity as he rested his head against the young woman's leg. Lovelymine, Menakith is asking if humans have food rules. Are you eating what you are because you are required? The question made Ichta look down at the blue who just continued to look up at her adoringly, crooning softly as purple flecked his eyes. What a beautiful mine. She smiled. No, Aurinkoth. Usually sweet things are saved for last as to not spoil the stomach, but as long as one has space and it isn't rude to the hosts, you can usually eat as much as you want. And what you want.

The blue looked very attentive and interested - or perhaps it was just the impression she got from the mind that touched hers before his head whipped around again to look towards the brown across the room. Mine says sweet things too soon can spoil the stomach, but otherwise yours should be able to eat whatever they want. Ichta, as if realizing a conversation was happening, gently added a thought to Aurinkoth that he quickly sent off to Menakith - as if she knew it would be of interest to the brown. Mine also adds it is usually because men think girls should eat less that yours may think there are any rules about it.

Ichta? Adding to the fire? Or perhaps just trying to be helpful.

And then there was a clatter. The blue's head whipped towards the commotion caused by Dearest-Lemath, bugling excitedly - or rather, honk-honk-honk-HWONK. Lemath! You are on the tables! How fun! Is this a new game? Come play!

Fated Fable

Meepfur

Peppermint Coffee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:24 pm
Uridith

Uridith's heart went out to Cynosuth, and she felt again the faint ripple of worry. Already so tired, though they'd just rested. And tired on the sands too. If something was wrong...Well, she could do no better than Dr'stan if she was a bit more delicate than previously thought. Still, hopefully as she grew the little green would feel stronger, though she might, her mother knew, never have the stamina of her siblings. Knowing that her daughter would be alright in the end, and hearing the little trill of encouragement...well, it washed the gray-yellow sadness right out of her whirling eyes. Tell your Dr'stan that I thank him for being patient enough to wait so long for me to come here, and bring you to him. I know he will make us, and the weyr, proud. And so will you, little star.

Another glimpse of bright green in among the crowd caught Uridith's doting eye then, and...oh dear. The gold didn't quite shake her head, but the emotions radiating from her did ripple with amusement...and concern. Her lovely little Lemath had always been the silliest, most energetic of the bunch...but Uridith knew, could remember, and could tell from the veil of formality draped over her own rider, that these feasts were not quite the right time to go clambering up on the furniture. They had guests present, after all. She searched the crowd, and found V'mel momentarily caught up eyeing a few holders that had themselves been eyeing Alumet, and decided to intervene.

Aviroth. I think it might be best if you could remind my children of their manners. Preferably before your V'mel takes note.

Fated Fable

Aviroth

The long brown had been doing what he could to mind all the hatchlings, but it had been a while since they'd had so many underfoot at once. The gold's request had his head snapping around to fix his whirling eyes on Lemath even as R'am came running up. Indeed. Better handle that before his V'mel caught notice. Not that he wouldn't fill the man in later, of course.

Little Lemath, The brown's voice was like a gentle wave, rippling out to wash over and around his most excitable charge, deep and calming. You should climb down from the table now, little green one, before V'mel sees. He might blame your R'am, and then he would be in trouble. I know you are simply...excited, but do you want your R'am to be in trouble? Climb down now, dear, and perhaps your R'am can show you whatever you'd like to see in a way so that neither of you is scolded.

The brown's eyes, never shifting from their saturated, dark blue tint, stayed fixed on the green. Let us see, he thought, how these new young ones behave.

Peppermint Coffee

ShinosBee

Nerd

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:07 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Just an FYI -- the Hatching Feast takes place later the same day of the Hatching. They just pushed it off a few hours to let folks rest since it happened so early. Sorry if that wasn't clear!

Peppermint Coffee
Because if Lemath is near Alumet/Zenobiath than Lemath is near Alusia. x3

Alusia
Alusia smiled tenderly at her daughter as Alumet approached, though she did allow her gaze to sweep fondly over the gold dragonet beside her. Ah, but it seemed as if it were a dream -- more than she could have ever hoped. It felt as if a weight had been lifted, though the dreams of Impressing had been her children's, and not her own. While she had not Impressed, she was glad that both C'lusi an Alumet would never have to carry such a burden of regret. Her own loss had been their gain, and she'd do it again in a heartbeat to see Alumet so happy.

"Alumet, darling," she spoke, her voice velvet with pride and affection. "What a most lovely pair the two of you make," she complimented, her eyes never losing their kindness or affection. Was not the sweet dragon but the perfect match for their rider? As she loved one, so she would love the other -- already did, for all that they were just being introduced now.

"Oh, sweetheart," Alusia smiled, quite accustomed to still using the pet names she gave them as a child. "You didn't have to come by first, though I will confess great joy by doing so. I know well your time and attention will be drawn by a great many tonight, and from this day going forward." She reached out to squeeze the girl's hand. "It is a great pleasure to meet you, Zenobiath. Such an elegant lady you are, and your beautiful color is sure to be seen in the newest fashion." Of that Alusia was certain. A new gold always seemed to inspire the next season's fashions, at least it had when she was a younger woman.

At the gold's compliment, Alusia's smile broadened and she dipped her head, almost modestly. "You are quite kind to say so. I am glad that you both found one another, and have one another, to brighten your days ahead with happiness, kindness, and love." Her daughter would never be alone, or suffer a loss of love. She had found her match, and Alusia could only be grateful.

She did start a bit, when a very green dragon climbed onto a table nearby and reached out their nose to Zenobiath. The creature seemed to be trying to steal food, and whiles he did raise her brows in surprise, her smile never wavered. There was no use crying over spilled dinner, but she did worry about the little thing breaking any of the glassware, or cutting herself on the knives and forks. She inclined her head at R'am, but would allow her daughter to handle the interaction.

Very soon, perhaps sooner than she'd hoped, she knew Alumet would be whisked away. Everything for both her children would rapidly change, but perhaps more for Alumet. She just hoped, above all else, that her daughter could handle the new responsibility upon her shoulder, and not get too overwhelmed by the politics of being a weyrwoman.

~~~~

Fated Fable

Cinonth
The blue dragon had been trying to give his rider some encouragement. It had been a few hours yet, and H'sad had let himself fall to pieces and brood. Even after meeting the little girl, Nebbi, he was still heartsore. But he had to fake it. Had to smile. Had to laugh. Had to be happy for Dr'stan and accept this new change. But it wasn't easy, and H'sad was trying desperate to bury his regrets.

Cinonth had been encouraged to go to the Hatching Feast first as if it would somehow, magically, throw Dr'stan off his scent. Cinonth hadn't wanted to leave his alone, but had grudgingly done so. He knew H'sad would be along shortly -- arriving too late would only cause Dr'stan suspicion.

When Cynosuth reached out, the blue dragon sent a tendril of affection back. Hello again, little one. It is good to hear from you again. Are you well this night? A little chit chat with Cynosuth, and a little nudge to his rider. Dr'stan would be sure to wish to see H'sad soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:24 pm
All at once everyone was telling her to get down. Even R'am had grabbed her up rather quickly and shushed her. The man put her back down on the ground and the green huffed and flopped to her side. I just wanted to dance and play! She said to whoever was willing to listen to her. She let out a half crooning whine and then got to her feet again and just leaned against R'am. R'am-mine, I didn't mean to make trouble!

Her eyes took on the sad colors, her head drooping a little bit as she looked at the brown that was talking to her. She sighed and just fluttered her wings a little. I didn't want to see! I want to dance! I wanna play! ..And eat.

R'am patted the dragonet's head softly, stroking between her eyes a little and just sighed. "Listen, little Lemath. On top of tables isn't for dragonets, okay? Just remember that.." He wasn't going to say she was bad. She wasn't. It was excitement that egged the little green on. He let her nuzzle against his legs for a moment before looking at Alumet and Alusia. "Ahah.. She's just eager?" The voice he used didn't sound too confident, but it was his first dragonet! He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do when she got like this. Hopefully she wouldn't do it again.

"Come on, Lemath, let's get you fed then, hm?" He was half embarrassed, but he was laughing in a good natured way. "Ah... Do you two mind if I sit here with her? She seems to want.. to play with her sisters.."

demon_pachabel

Masterharper

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:14 pm
Kratoth gave a rumble that with his newborn size came out sounding more like a purr, clearly liking his brother’s idea. A grand plan, Macuith! We’ll have them reconciled in no time.

Whether it was his dragon’s thoughts, C’lusi’s offer to help him look for Karone, or both, Le’x again felt that sting of worry. “I’m not so sure he’ll want to see me,” he admitted. “He was… well, pretty much bent upon impressing. It was really important to him. And then… well, you know.” He glanced at his brown, who looked up at him with deep blue eyes and a burst of loving thoughts. He couldn’t help but smile, softly drawing his knuckles from the dragon’s nose all the way to the tip of his headknob.

He shrugged, quirking a half-grin. “Well, since I’m a dragonrider now, I should probably work harder to look the part… look nicer, anyway. It would be fun to take a few lessons from someone who knows his stuff.”

”Masterharper”

-----------------

One hand hovering over the cup, Karone again wavered on whether or not to douse his troubles in drink. In the end, he decided not to, and focused on picking at his food instead. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw a plate being set on the table beside him. He looked over and saw the young man from the hatch getting comfortable in the next seat.

“I’m all right, Dor...ianus.” He hesitated slightly as he said the name, wanting to shorten it in kind, but unsure of what the other’s preference on nicknames could be. “These last few hours have been rough, though. I’ll stay right here for now. I wouldn’t want to upset Len’s dragon if I misspoke.” He sighed. “I appreciate the company. Gets me out of my head some.”

He grazed from his plate a little more, then leaned back and stretched. “So, how long have you been here?”

”BastetAmun”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:19 pm

This was going to be quite an active clutch, wasn't it? Illa gave an internal snort as she observed the goings on, attention still focused on her conversation. "Mm, they'll have their opinions. They always do. The important part is not letting them decide for you what your opinions are. And they don't get to tell you how far you can go. Still, you'll find more supporters than you'd think." When it came down to it, chromatics outnumbered metallic by a substantial amount. Even if some of them bought into the wherdung they'd been fed they weren't the majority.

"It's Illa. Illa of Brown Fenrith. We've been at this for six Turns now." Not so old, yet not so very young, either. Mine would like yours to know that you may always call upon our support. Both of you may. I am pleased that you know your own heart. Don't let them make you doubt your worth, little one. You will go far. The large Brown returned the look given him by the weyrling, a hint of amusement coloring his eyes green and blue. He would have liked to call this one his child.

--

Listening to her Brown brother, Cynosuth tried to keep her impulse to help to herself. Please tell me if you need me. But I will do as you say. And then Aresoth's thoughts touched her own. Big brother! I am much better, thank you. Only a little tired. Cynosuth, who knew that Hers would immediately act if she became too fatigued, was not worried. She had walked very far and long, and waited and waited. But now she could sit at Dr'stan's feet, as he stood making his selections at the buffet tables. You are a good brother to worry, but I am well. Are you well? It is good that your C'ryn knew you at last! They had all, with the exception of Elzebuth and Thanoth, worried that perhaps C'ryn would not. But he had, and that was all that mattered.

At Aurinkoth's thoughts, Cynosuth sent along a wave of affection and curiosity. What does it mean, that strangeness? Do you know what Mine meant about love? Did he not mean the way she felt about her family? Her rider? The dark little star speckled face peered up at the table of food, watching all the goings on with wide, curious eyes.

But Mother was talking again, and the Green dragonet perked up all the more. Mine is good and patient, and wise. And I wish to make you so proud, Mother! So very, very proud. Oh! Yes! Yes, I am well, hello Cinonth! So many to call and be called by. But where was Cinonth's? Hers was looking for him, but could not find him. The thought brought a worried flicker of yellow to Cynosuth's eyes, and she turned her head around to try to find him.

Meepfur
BastetAmun
demon_pachabel
ShinosBee
Masterharper

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:16 pm
"I did that a lot, before, let everyone decide. I didn't really realize how much, until he showed me." Nadry admitted, ducking her head in chagrin. Illa looked strong...had she always been? Was it something Nadry could learn to be? Menankith thought so, and she trusted him, more than anything. "I know I'll have my friends, Ichta and G'ran. Ichta's one of the girls who Impressed blue." She might not have known them long, but they'd banded and stood together during the Hatching, and going through that with them, seeing each other as they had...there was no hesitation when she called them friends.

Others may doubt me, but I will never doubt myself, he assured Fenrith, his own eyes colored the same. You and Yours have my thanks, knowing Yours will be good for Mine. She has lacked for someone to show her what she could be, an example of what she could achieve. But then-

Aurinkoth's answer to his question sent a snap of furious indignation through the brown, so strong he didn't even reply. He just acted. If it would do her no harm, how dare anyone dictate what His could or could not eat?! His eyes flashed orange-red and he went back down onto all fours to stalk back over to the food tables, the first he had been more than a few feet from her side since Impression. He knew she wouldn't like it - and she did indeed start when he left, staring after him in confusion - but this would not stand. His was hungry, and she should have food, not let herself be hungry because of what men thought. If she was concerned about how it might look if she took 'too much,' then, well, he would take some and bring it back to her! Unlike boisterous Lemath, however, he did not climb the table, but assumed an upright sort of sit-stand posture, wings out to balance himself, and surveyed the offerings. What do you like, Mine? What do you want more of? Tell me and I will bring it to you! I will not let you be hungry because someone thinks women should eat less than men, it is wrong! There was a pause, and then he sent to his brother, now concerned about Aurinkoth's, I am going to get something for Mine, should I get Yours something while I am here? Is she hungry because of stupid food rules, too? No one should be hungry!

The sudden surge of emotion and activity from her bonded had blindsided Nadry, causing quite the untoward interruption in her conversation with Illa. One moment, her dragonet had been sitting contentedly beside her, and the next he was marching over to the buffet ranting about the unspoken rules of what a girl could or couldn't eat. She'd been tangentially aware that he was conversing with Cynosuth, Aurinkoth, and Fenrith, but hadn't been paying close attention, wrapped up in meeting the older brownrider. What had happened that he was suddenly going on about food? Her first instinct was to stand and go after him, but that would mean rudely abandoning the woman she was speaking to. She did stand, but fought down the compulsion to go to him immediately, and tried to coax him back simply by speaking to him. It's okay, Menankith, you don't have to bring me anything. Besides, you can't exactly hold a plate, dearheart, and much as I love you I would prefer not to eat food that has already been in your mouth. Please, come back, and I promise that when I finish this plate I will get another. Okay?

The swell of anger ebbed, and Nadry felt like she could breathe again...and did take a deep breath before endeavouring to explain to their new acquaintances, "Sorry about that. He decided I didn't have enough food." Which, to be honest, was an assessment she agreed with, although without his insistence her current plate likely would have been the end of it. "But it's a pleasure to meet you, Illa, and I mean that."

She'd said 'pleased to meet you' and variations thereof countless times, regardless of whether or not she truly felt that way, and it felt important to distinguish that she did. Handshaking, however, had yet to feel natural despite its prevalence in the Weyr, and so Nadry's words were accompanied by a little half-curtsy.

demon_pachabel

Fated Fable

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas