Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[B] Renovations [Order Mauvian ORP] (End PG 8!?) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:47 am
Wendell

"All senshi are literally the best," said Wendell with a sage nod to his newest best friend. He patted the kitten - Sumi's - head again, beaming at him even as the other tried to slide away from him. "You're definitely the best too. You'd make a good pirate!"

If he heard the comment about bigger fish to fry, it was largely ignored. Either that, or he missed it, Wendell peering at the screen with wide eyes.

"A MAIDEN IN DISTRESS CALLS!" he yelped, clambering to his feet. "It's a distress signal, hoist the mast, ready the oars, TIME TO SET SAIL AND RESCUE WHOEVER IS CALLING US!"

grymoire

lp
vague mention

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:01 am
Sumi

Sumi scrunched his nose slightly at the idea that every senshi could be the best. To be the 'best' meant there had to be one that was The Best but he supposed Wendell did have a point. Every senshi was important enough to be the 'best' to someone and, as far as he was concerned, if any Mauvian had a senshi then they should think they were the best.

At the brown cat's exclamation he fluffed, startled enough to go stiff for a moment, but he looked up at where Wendell was looking. He saw the flash message and frowned as he got to his feet. Padding over the hopped up onto one of the computers, poking at it to see if he could make the message stick.

"Wendell ... do you know how to work a computer? Can you help me try to get the message to stay?"

kuropeco

Grymoire

Dapper Lunatic

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:33 am
Hania

Since he hadn't been caught up in any conversation, Hania had been quick to spot the flashing 'help' on the screens. When he had first spotted it he had paused and stared at the computer until it flashed again then got up and moved closer to said computer as it caught other Mauvian's attention. One such cat that spotted it as well yelled out how it was a distress call(Wendell) and the black cat looked over to the scarf wearing one. "It certainly looks like a distress call but we can't leave and rescue anyone until we find out where they are first." He said with a worried look in his eyes.

kuropeco

Quote:
Open to interactions

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:12 am
Tomlin settled into loaf mode as the tension in the room dissipated, turning from recriminations to problem-solving. His tail still swept the ground behind him, though – it had been a long time since he’d been in close proximity to so many other felines, and the two in human form only made the room feel smaller. It was strange to realise how many of them there were now, how they filled up the headquarters space, scents on every table leg and console. But Liryn was a welcome presence, and Mlinzi – Mel – got another nod of greeting when he was introduced.

A cry for help went up, and the ginger tabby turned first towards the cats repeating it, only glancing up at the bank of screens when it was clear the Mauvians themselves weren’t in danger. He couldn’t see much as Miss Kitty jumped in front of the screen and others followed, but the chatter (and piratical shouting) gave a fair indication of what he was missing. Not a solar flare, then, but a deliberate attempt at contact. That, with the mention of past failed projects, sparked a new theory. Usually, Tomlin kept out of the technological side of guardianship, but now he sat up straight, whiskers forward with interest.

“Is it giving you any direction?” he asked Ash, as she seemed to be looking for the source. “Near, far? …Mau?”

It was a long shot, but Ash was right, only their own technology should be connected to their system. Only Mauvian technology.

“We’ve tried to reach out to Mau before. That’s the ‘issue’ you’re referring to, yeah?” he turned towards Snowball. “Didn’t work, big mess, cats everywhere? But the device was never used down here. I don’t think we even had it hooked up to these computers. We moved it to an empty warehouse before it got tested.”

And that had been because there’d been so few of them back then, they’d had to invite corrupted Mauvians to join them, just to have enough energy to get it running. Probably not a helpful thing to mention, given the current panic.

“Don’t ask me to remember the technical details, but this doesn’t seem the same. Could someone external interface with our systems?”

litian

Fiction1119

Whimsical Blue

LP

LokisRose

Interstellar Cat

17,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:58 am
Mlinzi (i really do need to do his journal T.T)

"Salty caramel bacon? Are you trying to make me drool dude? God that sounds good. Who made it? Where did you get it? Can I have one too?" He fired off his random questions rapidly even as the thoughts of epic s'mores swirled in his head. He could already feel the chocolate melting on his tongue, mixing with the toasty marshmallows. YUM!

Mel was yanked from his food filled daydream when Ryn introduced him to the ginger cat (Tomlin) next to him. "Hey, nice to meetcha. Have you ever had a s'more?" Luckily for all involved Liryn started to ask the large guardian a question, it was enough to distract him from his thoughts about food. Sadly for Mel he didn't realize the much smaller cat had actually trailed off on his question, he had heard 'You wouldn't happen to know help?' Frowning slightly Mel tried to wrack his brain only to come up short.

"Sorry Ryn, I don't know any Help. Is that another guardian? A senshi? Could it be a place?" He wanted to help his furry little friend out but he really had no idea what the other cat was talking about. But once more fate seemed to intervene because before Mel was able to complicate matters further by asking pointless and rather strange questions Liryn saw the screen blink, drawing Mel's attention to it as well.

"OOOOHHHHHH!" His exclamation of surprise at the distress signal changed to a gasp of wonder when his friend changed into a human. Well humanoid since he still had a tail and ears. "How the hell did you do that? Can I do that too?" He didn't think Liryn had done that before, he would have remembered it... maybe. "That means they are guardians too!" He indicated with a paw to the others who had taken human shape. "Now that is damn convenient. You can make your own sandwiches now!"

Mel glanced over at the dark brown cat (Wendell) and asked quizzically, "We aren't on a ship though. How can we hoist the mast and where are the oars?" As his eyes roved the group, really looking at the guardians, he spotted another savannah cat (Réalta)... a female savannah cat. A cute, female, savannah cat. Va va va voom. Meeeeoooow. He would have to go over and say hi. He was about to slip away and head towards her when Tomlin spoke up, talking about stuff Mel had no idea about, mentioning things he didn't really get.

But it did prompt the large guardian providing his one and only piece of technical knowledge rather loudly, "Has anyone tried turning it off and back on again?" It was a stupid suggestion, not that Mel realized it, but it was the only thing the cat knew when it came to troubleshooting computers. He was more of a 'beat it till it stops moving' kind of cat.

((tl;dr - Mel rambles on, misunderstands what Liryn was asking,
is surprised by human Ryn, rambles some more, mentally hits on another guardian, offers stupid technical advice))

litian
-sigh- I am soooo sorry about him -hides in corner-

LokisRose
I am sorry that Tom is now subjected to Mel >.<'

kuropeco
Its best to just ignore Mel T.T' he isn't that bright

Kaefaux
Hey hey! Mel likes the look of your girl's 'jib' XD

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:09 am
Since his arrival, Faust had been sitting where he could oversee most cats and look upon them judgmentally. Most of them looked to be getting acquainted with one another, and no one had any overy ideas about the nature of the call. And in looking around, Faust didn't either - until he spotted the flash of a signal on the monitor.

Unfortunately, he couldn't read. Not well, anyway.

If the monitor said something like TUNA, he'd understand it. SALMON too, though that word was harder to work through than others. Same with FISH, or COD. Instead of these, it said HELP, and Faust waited until one of the other cats in the room read the message out loud. He had to - he wasn't sure what it said. Other cats said it looked like a distress call, but none of them said where it came from. Then again, with only four letters, that didn't tell a lot. Or he didn't think it did. He still wasn't sure about english.

"The hell we gettin' a distress call here for? Whoever the hell jus' asked for all of us to get out here, so unless their asses are stuck in this building, these assholes just wasted my time."

Quote:
Faust is still open for interaction!

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:54 pm
Eta was late to the meeting. When the call had gone out she'd been exploring the halls of Corvus alongside her senshi; a very important thing for both of them, considering the oddities that the Senshi of Vengeance had noticed lately. Of course, the dropped calls and missed messages on the Senshi communication devices were important, but Corvus was also experiencing something strange with her magic-- Unrelated, she hoped.

The silver tabby slid in, moving slowly around the edges of the room to observe for a moment. So many unfamiliar faces. Then, across the room, she caught a glimpse of Sumi and smiled, the expression flickering only slightly when she heard Wendell before she could see him. "Stars and stones..."

Eta trotted over to where Wendell and Sumi were, pausing just off to the side from the two felines. "Sumi, if the computers are malfunctioning already I'm not entirely sure there's anything Wendell can do to fix it. Not that I don't have confidence in your abilities, Wendell, but really..." She'd seen Wendell around a remote control. If neither she nor the pirate cat had been able to get that to work, what were the odds that he had gotten any more technologically savvy?

Grymoire

Kuropeco

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Réalta

Her eyes narrowed in curiosity and unease as the accusations were flown a bit from the blue-haired woman (Ash) to the while-haired man (Snowball) who again didn't seem to be the cause of the disruptions. It was a fortunate thing that he didn't seem to possess an explosive personality...

Still, she focused on woman's further conversation, her fur bristling a bit as she considered the possible implications if it was something cosmic just affecting their technology. "Could it be something cosmic related more specifically entwined in magic? I have met this Caedus, and if he is not of Earth, who is to say there might not be others out there who might be capable of interfering with our technology?" It was hardly a pleasant thought, though her tone remained even as she posed the concept. "I can think of no other alternative if the cause is not from someone here. Unless someone has managed to hack our systems..?"

Though surely, someone would have spoken up by now if they'd caught such evidence.

When someone began speaking about help, Réalta's ears perked, moving over to one of the other computers not taken over by a furry butt already in front of the screens. Hearing Snowball question about alternatives if someone wasn't sending the messages out, she gave a small, airy laugh. "Perhaps the messages are being sent from within the computer systems? Joking aside, I assume no one is able to trace it?" No sooner had she spoken did a few voices of frustration and concern confirm this was not happening. Great.

She began to type away at the computer, the best as she could with her paws, attempting to see if it was even possible to stabilize the message long enough to get a possible trace on it. Assuming it wasn't some AI or something inside the system. Because that's just the sort of trouble they needed right about now.

When someone suggested turning the systems on and off (Mel) she slowly turned to stare in the direction of the voice, a rather dumbfounded look on her face. "...if all else fails, maybe we will resort to that."

Whimsical Blue

LP

Fiction1119
she questions u

Guardian Cosmos
Trying to stabilize the message if possible!

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:45 pm
There was an albino female at the computers now, wearing some sort of ridiculous pink hat, but the thing that caught Ash’s attention, and apparently others, was the question if the HQ’s computers had… IRC.

Ash made a low noise as Snowball turned to her, hearing Liryn answer his question even before she could order her thoughts. A surprisingly tall Liryn, with soft looking teal hair and admittedly adorable little shorts.

IRC? Gracious no! This technology is… centuries more advanced than anything humans have out now… I know some of you are sort of new, but really. We were the most technologically advanced race in the cosmos, from what I’ve seen and heard, so its safe to say nothing we have is anything like what humans have now.” Ash made another sputtering sound, her voice high pitched, until a rather dashing tom called for her attention. Tearing herself away, she struggled to sooth her ruffled fur and attend to the question, her blue brows drawing a line on her forehead.

“Hmm? Oh, no, I can’t… get much of anything from it.” She said as she waved a hand at her holographic screen. “Its all… garbled up. The ‘help’ is getting through, but there is too much static.”

Mention of Mau quieted her and her jaw firmed, some of the color bleeding from her face.

What if it WAS Mau? After all this time… finally reaching out to them. It would mean other cats out there, other life that hadn’t been destroyed or confined to this singular planet. Technology they’d only gotten a taste of… knowledge that had been hidden from them…

The small woman shivered, her teeth worrying her lower lip.

“I don’t think anyone could get a signal in from outside, but maybe? I mean, I set something up so my visor could access the database, and the phones are already connected.” A pained expression moved across her face and she darted a look to Liryn, Snowball, and the stranger that had addressed her, feeling the teeth of panic taking hold. “What if a Chaos cat has worked out how to access our computers? What if its the Negaverse mucking with things? These computers trace our senshi. Every last one is recorded and connected to it!”

All dramatics were forgotten in the face of a very real threat. Lording her knowledge and experience over the other cats had no place here, when it might mean the lives of the people she loved so much.

“We need to disconnect the computers.” She gasped out, her hands clenching in little fists by her chest. “Just until we figure out what’s going on. We have to be sure that its not the Negaverse.”

LP
Novacracker
Kaefaux
LokisRose
litian

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:59 pm
And the good mood dissipated as the al;bino'sd ears went enterely flat and red eyes became slits -- an expression highly similar to one of the non-Mauvians in her home. It wasn't a nice expression, and her gaze locked on Ash, before she curled her lip.

"It's a perfectly fair[/i[] question, dearie." The albino growled. It was aq completely empty6 threat - not because the small cat was harmless, but because one paw lashed out for Ash like lightening, snarling defensively.

"Kittens like you can learn some respect[/io]." She snarled. "You can phrase things far more politely from now on, or there will be consequences if I cqatch wind of it. I will notg tolerate being treat3ed like a lesser creature. Do not THINK my size and form is something to sneeze at."

Whimsical Blue

SORRY, MISS KITTY HAS NO ISSUES WITH PHYSIUCAL FORCE AND ROUGHNESS WHEN SHE INTENDS TO MAKE A POINT. -Fluff- :<

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:10 pm
Broderick had been remaining quiet, content to observe what was going on and make no commentary - alright, maybe he had been starting to doze off, but this seemed like a nice place for a nap! - , but then the lady who seemed to know the most about computers insulted Miss Kitty, and he felt his fur puffing a little with irritation. He wasn't one for fights, but Miss Kitty was angry and the grumpy one didn't seem to either notice or care that she was being rude to someone who was trying to help - and then Miss Kitty lost her temper.

Sighing at the mess, Brody decided to do the only thing he really could do in order to prevent an all-out fight from breaking out: he moved a few steps over and flopped right on top of the albino female, letting his fluffy mass serve as an anchor to keep her from any drastic action.

"There's no need for anyone to be rude," he said, ears twitching as he proceeded to make himself comfortable on his new cat-bed. "Either of you. Nobody can learn what they need to if they're being insulted, and nothing gets done if you rip faces off either."

Absently, he patted at Kitty's hat with a paw and sighed. "So I think if we want to fix anything, we've got to stop doing things that will just make it harder to do whatever it is we need to."

Whimsical Blue

NovaCracker

Quote:
He's still open for anyone else to talk to too, of course! Just... don't mind the angry white fluffball he's sitting on.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Réalta

The Savannah's ears pinned back and she scowled, wincing as she heard the forming brewing eruption behind her at one of the other computers. Looking over her shoulder, she warily eyed the blue-haired woman and the albino cat, sighing softly through her nose. At least another guardian stepped in--or flopped in?--to try and contain the albino's physical responses though she felt her verbal ones had been equally uncalled for.

Were the blue-haired woman's words a bit sharp? Perhaps. Her wording could have been a bit more friendly, but it was hardly worth calling her a kitten needing to learn respect. If anything, it was the albino who needed to learn further decorum.

Hearing the gruff opinion of another guardian (Faust) Réalta instead turned her attention to him, offering a polite smile and nodding her head towards the computer at which she sat--and attempted to work--"You are welcome to join me here if you wish. As for the distress call... it could be this is the only place capable of receiving their message. Could that be it?"

Looking towards the apparently more technologically-inclined humanoid, (Ash), she tried to wave her over with a paw. "What do you think? What if it's not the Negaverse, but someone tapping into our systems for legitimate aid? The message sent across the systems to reach us could have been the result of a temporary power or signal boost on their end, and the disruption--and this bleeping message--could be a result of ill-matched technology, or a poor signal?" Her words were tossed out as the thoughts came to her--more to try and offer a distraction, and a possible alternative.

"My only hesitation to shutting down the system just yet is if it is legitimate, I would be worried that we might lose the signal. Though the notion that it could be guardians aiding the Negaverse is... distressing."

Whimsical Blue

Strickenized

NovaCracker
Mention

Redbud-Tree
Mention

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Guardian Cosmos
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:53 pm
There had been some attempts made at stabilizing the message asking for help, but any interactions with the database or the computers themselves seemed to prove fruitless. However, it seemed there was some ironic timing in Ash's question and the interactions with the computers.

As if a fail-safe had been triggered, the screens to the monitors finally went black. Suddenly a blue-print appeared; while the schematics showed mostly white lines, one was flashing in red. A note in the corner of the screen seemed to identify that any area flashing red might have indicated critical damage. Half of the blueprint seemed damaged with strange coding, but it was obvious that some passageway--some hidden passageway--seemed to be suffering from damage.

The blue prints lasted only a minute or so as the distorted code began to eat away at the screen and then, finally, the power flickered and everything shut down. A backup generator kicked in; it wasn't enough to keep the computers online, but it was enough to illuminate the room with a single pale blue light.

Then, on the cats' radars, a mental blip flared. It wasn't anything known to the cats, and it hadn't come from within the room. The blip came from behind the hole that had been boarded up--from within the tunnel the youma had erupted from.

The boards were the only thing keeping the cats from seeking the energy out; the good news was, the tools were right next to it. A little creativity would get them far; the board were designed to keep things from coming in--not from keeping them out. It shouldn't be too hard to get through the boards, as long as they worked together to remove them!

Quote:
All Mauvians present and any joining will notice the blue print flashing on the screens. There's a hidden passageway somewhere and with some team work they may be able to clear a path to search for the source of the problem.

Prompts for this roleplay will appear ~every 24 hours. You are free to join at any point in the roleplay, so late starters are welcome! Missing a prompt does not exclude you from participation.

Also, please quote the Mule if there's interactions that you'd like a response to. And please note, since there's been some requests for more information on the command layout, a blurb has been added to the first post!

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:16 pm
"Ohh, right that thing. Eh, I haven't used it much but it seemed a little clunky for a program." He said to Liryn who'd answered him. "By the way, love the hair." Snowball had no problem complementing the other.

He laughed a little when Wendell seemed excited by the prospect of a Maiden in Distress, Hania had spoke about needing to know the location and Snowball couldn't help but chime in, "I agree, I think it'd help if we knew where this Maiden was, and if we actually . . . had a boat. . . " There was a pause, "That would be kind of cool. To sail into adventure."

When Tomlin spoke up about the issue snowball nodded, "Yeah, that particular issue. Polaris had pictures of Niflhel as a Mau, which is the reason I knew about it. He made a cute cat for the time he was stuck as one." There was a pause, "I don't know if we could get it work now; but that would've been a nice option to have - if it didn't turn people into cats that is."

There were some tensions and grumpiness in general that Snowball just gave a small sigh too because there wasn't much else he could even think of offering. He was watching Realta working on the computer, "Mmm I doubt Caedus would be able to affect our computers. Plus I mean seriously, I don't think anyone normal could hack our computers. They'd need some serious fire power, I'd think." He heard someone (Mel) asked about turning it off and back on again too and he frowned that wasn't particularly something he was fond of right now; what if it killed the whole system for good? They'd have to start from the ground up . . . though he would probably . . . maybe replace the monitors if that happened . . . he looked at Ash but thought about bringing that up later. She was already worried enough.

"Ash, I don't think disconnecting the computers is the answer." He said trying to reason with her, "What if we disconnect them and can't reboot them? We'll never find the problem that way. I'm sure there's precautions in place that would keep anyone from accessing the senshi information." He placed a hand on her shoulder, "We need to figure out what's going on before we shut the system down."

Snowball sighed as there seemed to be some sort of verbal fight going on between this white cat in a pink hat (Miss Kitty) and Ash. He was looking at Ash though, "I don't really think now's the time for this sort of retort, but if you two start fighting I'm picking you up and putting you on my shoulder where you can't get her." He said looking sternly at the shorter Mauvian.

The room was slowly becoming slightly chaotic and he really wished they could regain some composure. "Besides, bickering and name calling won't solve this problem." He completely missed the blue print that was now on the screens in the room. However, it seemed Realta was also trying to help him keep Ash from panic-shutting down the computers. For which he was thankful for.

litian

kuropeco

Natsuko-neko
Mention/Agreeing with Hania

LokisRose

Fiction1119
For Mention

Kaefaux

Whimsical Blue

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

LokisRose

Interstellar Cat

17,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:17 am
Tomlin hadn’t intended to distress Ash with his theory of Mau, but at least it seemed to distract a little from her argument with the other cat. Miss Kitty had an impressive claw-strike, Tomlin had to admit, but he was relieved to see another unfamiliar cat apply a… physical calming technique to stop her using it on her allies. Well done, that cat.

The large lilac-coloured cat was talking a lot of sense. Caedus had said he came from a planet of technology. His devices had seemed more like Negaverse crystals than their own Mauvian technology, but if they were half-competent, it was a possibility. But so was an incursion from corrupt Mauvians. He didn’t like where that trail of investigation led, especially when it came to shutting down their HQ. What if that was what they wanted?

But until they locked down the signal, theories were all they had. And he couldn’t much help with that. He turned back to Snowball with a feline shrug.

“Yeah, turning humans into cats was not the plan,” he said, “It was supposed to teleport us to Mau. Chloe’s schematics might still be on file-”

If anything was still on file, he thought, as static flickered abruptly to black on the screens beyond Snowball and the others. He could see the edges of a complex pattern, behind other guardians’ heads and tails, but before he’d gathered himself to leap onto an unoccupied keyboard, the whole room went screen-black as well. Stars above, had one of these clowns gone for a hard reset already? What if the dampeners ran off the same system? With three of their number in beacon-of-energy thumb mode? An open invitation to the Enemy, whether they were the source of the system issues or not!

The emergency lighting kicked in, casting the ginger cat dull brown in the blue glow, his back half-arched and fur puffed out. His ears flattened right out too, as some kind of energy signature pinged in his head. Unfamiliar. Nearby.

Tomlin spun around to face the wall behind him, fixing it with a copper glare. And while staring at a blank wall was a popular pastime for regular cats, the boarded-up section was clear in the pale light.

“s**t, you’re right, they might be stuck in this building,” he said to the black cat who’d spoken earlier, and whose theory now seemed plausible.

Tomlin lifted a paw to the wall, hooking his claws around the edge of a board to tug at it.

Whimsical Blue

NovaCracker

Redbud-Tree
Mention!

Kaefaux
Mention!

LP

Strickenized

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff