Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=>[BOOTH] Dance Dance Communication! [OPEN FOR RP] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
KitsuneAura rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

KitsuneAura

Magical Detective

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:16 pm
Quote:
6-10 --> You did your best and a few of them seemed to get it. They spent the next five minutes dancing among themselves to translate to the others. It didn't go well.

The other bee-themed booth had gone well, and this one looked cute too, so Tzofia made her way over and tried not to be too terribly intimidated by the buzzing. As she listened to the instructions, her hesitance gave way to curiosity and then a curious kind of awe. "They communicate by dancing...?" She glanced back at Peapop, who squawked back encouragingly. They'd been dancing together for forever, so she could definitely do this, right? Nodding, she turned back to study the diagrams delightedly.

And then the dancing! She tugged free a fan from her bag and waved it as she swayed around, hoping they got the right directions from her motions. A few definitely did, she was glad to see, but the others...not so much. As the bees danced amongst themselves, she came to a hesitant stop. Maybe she hadn't done the moves clearly enough.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:52 pm
Psykgi Mentha

"She is!" Psy said happily, "And yours? I hope you don't mind me asking... but are they a queen-type swarm?" It wasn't the most polite of questions, she supposed, but she was really honestly curious. She hadn't actually met another person with a swarm lusus.

Meanwhile... Oh my, the little child was in capital-T trouble, or would be very soon. Chiara was sinking her claws into them very quickly and blatantly. It was interesting to watch Chiara 'work'. She wasn't going to interfere. She was going to observe. It was the kid's business if he learned how to survive it.

nepsah

Micillia

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Sami-Fire rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:12 pm
Dairah Vacche

Dairah had quite some respect for bees. They were responsible for pollinating her precious crops and flowers. Without them, the world would be in a different state. Somehow. Probably a lot hungrier. Anyway, when she saw that there was a booth that involved dancing for bees, she scurried right over. She perused the diagram, and tried her hardest to assume the mindset of the bee. Small, fuzzy, buzzy, busy, important to the way of the world. Buzzing about with purpose from plant to plant to gather for the good of the hive. Truly, the dance of the bees was the dance of a productive nature!

Wiggling, shimmying, and stretching to warm up, she attempted to dance the bees to success! And then a lot of rump-shaking and wriggling and bobbing ensued. For a moment, she thought the bees were watching her and silently judging her for her lack of bee-communication-fu. Just when Dairah thought she was going to collapse from all the moving and shaking, the bees departed, flying off in separate directions. She had done it! But boy, was she going to be sore tomorrow...  
Green Minuet rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:09 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

The bumblebugs baffled Autumn. No matter how she danced, flew, gestured, or pointed, they simply did not understand her. Perplexed and brow furrowed, she landed back on the ground as the bees dispersed around her. Based on her experience with Caterpal, she had assumed this would be easy. Clearly she was missing something.

“Excuse me!” she called. Striding over to the booth owner, Autumn waved to catch their attention. As soon as their gaze met her own, she gave her best, winning smile. “Lovely booth you have. So...” Her eyes darted around to make sure that no one was listening. After a pause she leaned in towards them conspiratorially. Her eyelashes fluttered.

“Is there some sort of trick to it?” she asked in a hushed voice.  

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

nepsah generated a random number between 1 and 8 ... 3!

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:41 am

dundundunnn its rollover time!! delayed because i fell asleep whoops

Micillia

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
High roll ticket goes to Chiara!
Since she rolled a 20, please PM me an outfit you'd like her doodled in as well as an expression!

Sami-Fire

Dairah's dance got some giggles! Too cute.

and the last ticket will be rng'd between...

1. ImaginationsParadise
  2. cashmeresky
  3. DraconicFeline
  4. purplerosesbeauty
  5. FoxFire120
  6. Unaru
  7. KitsuneAura
  8. Green Minuet

Draconic Feline

A ticket for Psykgi! Some bees must have given it to her roaches.

quiet delegation rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:40 am
Kaldru came back to his friend's booth again, determined as ever. He still didn't get it, but by this point it was a personal challenge. He was going to be the best buzz-whisperer (dancer?) that there ever was! The blueblood was so determined he even forgot to say hi to his friend this time; he marched straight into the pale insects and immediately began trying to tell them something - anything. He'd looked at the diagram plenty, hadn't he? He just ... he just wasn't doing it right!

... and apparently he still wasn't, though at least he did get something of a response. If nothing else, he got a few of the bees to move in one direction. It was a simple request, and clearly took a minute for the instructions to get relayed, but it was something.

"I - I'm getting it!" he declared proudly after he finally padded over to greet Api. "I still don't know what I'm doing wrong, though ..."  

quiet delegation

smolderingskies rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

smolderingskies

Adorable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:45 am
        rolling! so cute

ImaginationsParadise rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:46 am
Cynril comes here again bc he is determined to read correctly  

ImaginationsParadise

Alien Garbage

21,050 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Are You Jelly? 500
purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:53 am
Poe was surprised at how well he managed to dance, considering how he only had one leg with which to dance, unless maybe his mechanical leg made it so he was better at dancing? He wasn't very good as a child for sure... He decided to stop musing on it and enjoy the sight f the bees leaving to go to the fields he directed them to. "It really is unbeeleviable!"

Blasphemoose rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:22 pm
Again Calida didn't do very well with the bees. Though, she didn't exactly know what she was doing wrong. Was it her or was it the fact that Mami was eyeing them like they were dinner? SHe didn't know, but she was slowly getting frustrated. Api could do so well at her booth, but she was doing horribly. "OH!" she let out a frustrated cry and then looked hard at the diagram. "I'm just not getting this!"  

Blasphemoose

Sugary Trash

18,300 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Egg Collector 100
DraconicFeline rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:41 pm
Psykgi Mentha

nepsah

Right. Tonight she was going to do some serious insect stuff.

Psykgi made an effort to drum up a large node of Ma'am's swarm, using some sugar from Calida's booth to keep her lusus flush and cooperative and focused on what she was trying to do here. Which was Dance. For bees.

"All right then." she said, taking up a playfully determined stance by the booth, roaches swarming behind her, "Lets do this!" It was like one of Leeroi's games - step, match the movements, step, follow the instruction, step. After trying it a few nights in a row, she was sure she knew what she was doing.

Ma'am was not particularly motivated to help Psykgi get in the good graces of a mere yellowblood, but the promise of sugar (and honey) and careful use of the 'roach brooch' item helped get the swarm's priorities in line with hers.

So they danced.

Their synchronicity was imperfect, but it was there. The pheromones were slightly chaotic and some of the messages were bound to be missed across species, but they were there. The swarm undulated behind Psykgi, and the communication was successful. The bees understood. There was a connection there, between cockroach and troll and bee.

Dance done, Psykgi bowed, repressing a giggle. "What did you think, Apibom?" she asked proudly, pleased, "Not bad, right?"  
Micillia rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:17 pm
Chiara Moteku
11-15 --> It took a while, but you managed to communicate where to go!

Chiara was a little less enthusiastic to dance today, but she had a mission, she had to show the other dancers what could be, how amazing they could be if they just tried harder. Of course, since she was not trying to communicate at all, the bees were quite confused.  

Micillia

Dapper Duck

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:22 pm

Oh, how cool! Api couldn't help but admire Autumn's wings as she attempted to dance for their swarm. It wasn't going very well- probably because she wasn't using the right pattern... Api perked up when she approached, and couldn't help but giggle a little at her question. "It really isn't a trick, you just gotta follow the pattern exactly..! If you move too much this way or that way they'll think you're sayin' somethin' else is all." They nodded, responding in a hushed tone as well.

Kaldru's return to the booth drew their attention away from her- goodness, Api hadn't expected to get so many people talking to them directly! "You're doing a lot better! I'm pretty sure its just fine tuning your movements." They grinned and winked, simple suggestions would go far, probably. "Bee talk is very subtle, you know?" A frustrated cry caught their attention- oh, poor Calida! Api would have to give her some lessons after bloodfest... Maybe they were distracted by her arms?

Oh dear- they'd forgotten to respond to the redlbood lady! Api looked over to Psykgi when she spoke up again. "Oh, that was great...!" They clapped their hands together wildly, totally blown away by the display. "I didn't get a chance to talk to you before... but yes..! They're a queen-type colony. Fluff stays at my hive though so she isn't here." They shook their head, "but the drones can keep an eye on me just fine so its okay! Are yours like that too? I didn't know that cockroaches had colonies like bees." Just fine... sure...

Green Minuet

DraconicFeline

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:02 pm
nepsah

Psykgi Mentha

Psykgi nodded in understanding - that made sense. Queen-type swarms needed their queen, so of course she would need to be kept safe and protected, otherwise the swarm. She wondered what would happen if the queen needed to be replaced for the good of the swarm... but that was most definitely impolite and not something she wanted to ask.

"Oh, Ma'am's a communal type!" Psykgi said, "She's decentralized, too - she spreads out into nodes, in case she needs reinforcements and is away from my hive." She thought for a moment, "And gosh, I don't think they usually do - I mean, they do like to live near other cockroaches - they get attracted by the smell of other roaches. But usually not together, you know? Like as a hivemind. I think she's just special like that."

Drones, huh. "That's great - they seem so hardworking... and easygoing, too! I bet not a lot of lusii would let others try to communicate with them like this!" Ma'am wouldn't have gone for such a booth, but then, she mostly communicated in sound and pheromones and a range of other things not nearly as interesting as dancing.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

nepsah

Malevolent Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:08 pm

"Oh, really? That's pretty cool..!" Api grinned and nodded, though they weren't entirely sure they understood what she meant by 'communal'... They'd have to look the word up later. For now, they could totally pretend that they definitely understood what she meant. "Oh, they are. Always busy, always working. Even sometimes in the daytime." They spared a glance over at the bees buzzing around the hive they'd brought along. Fluff had said that a bee's work was never truly done.

"Oh, really? Fluff wasn't really into it at first but I got her to let me do it. She said it could be a good learning experience for me. The drones, they uh..." They glanced back over at them again before looking to Psykgi. "They aren't as ummmm... present! As Fluff is. So they mostly just do what she tells them. Or me, sometimes."

DraconicFeline

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces