Welcome to Gaia! ::

[Moved] Empty Weyrs & Scattered Wings

Back to Guilds

AU Non-canon Pern RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragon, Firelizard, Wher, Impression 

Reply Event Archives
The Day We Arrive (Hatching - Open) [17.6.181] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Muffin_Puppy
Captain

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:13 pm
The most vigorously moving of the eggs was easily Iridescent, and it seemed that the pale egg would be the next to hatch. Behind them though another egg had a different agenda. At first the movements of Snowdrift appeared random. Jolting left, stillness, jolting right, stillness, right again. Each jolt sent a series of cracks across the eggs shell, jagged lines that crossed and connected with each blow. With one last jolt, a heavy blow to the front of their egg, the cracks all joined, the egg shattering into pieces around yet another green. Snowdrift did not dart off as her sister had. Looking around she spied the egg fragments on her hide and began to carefully brush each one away. This would never do.

The second green of the clutch was much like her sister. She was of a similar size, but the extra weight on her frame made it seem less stark. Snowdrift is also on the smaller end of the scale for a green hatchling, but carries an appropriate amount of baby weight. Her limbs and features are proportioned correctly for a hatchling dragon; her wings slightly overlarge, large eyes and headknobs. All in all the green is a picture of health.

User Image

Oh, did none of them want to play? Daydream stilled for a moment, looking up at the many faces in front of her. A crack caused her to whip her head around however. The moment that the green laid eyes on her sister she let out a squealing trumpet. Snowdrift briefly paused her inspection, raising her head to look across the sand and her now, one again, hopping around sister. Snowdrift blinked, then went back to her cleaning. Stopping again Daydream looked at the other green, before her head suddenly cocked to the side as though she had heard something. Oh! That was a wonderful idea! Looking back to the candidates again, Daydream peeped at them and darted into the group. What fun this would be! She darted past Zeeana, bumping the girl as she went.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 1:32 pm
As a second green hatched out D'lana leant forward again in anticipation - though she kept her hands neatly folded in her lap - and studied the new arrival closely. This was another fairly small one judging by how tall she stood compared to the candidates but she had more bulk to her than her sister and more normal proportions. Her strikingly marked hide, made glossy by the egg fluid, looked healthy and her eyes were bright. Could it be that all of the remaining eggs held healthy hatchlings? It almost seemed too much to hope for, yet they must hope for it... and even if she doubted she could not be seen to do so.

Now that she was free of her shell the new green had set to cleaning pieces of shell from herself, and while D'lana would have preferred that she go and Impress straight away things were seldom so simple and it was good to see that she was calm and confident.

The first green meanwhile seemed in no more rush than her sister to Impress; after what looked like a brief conversation with the more staid hatchling she was.... Oh dear. D'lana repressed a grimace as she charged the candidates; it was clear that she had no ill intent but her claws were razors nevertheless and a careless move could easily result in a serious injury.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:10 pm
Another green. Though this one was more sedated and more interested in tidying off the eggshell pieces of her then really moving. Which rather suited her, Snowdrift had seemed very tidy and self assured in the egg. She would move at her own time.

Joscelin turned his attention to the smaller Daydream and she was smaller , right when she barreled forward excited to meet them. Ooh dear. Please slow down, bitlet. There wasn't really any need to rush.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:11 pm
Shaddaling

"Well met. I have never had the chance to go to Igen. I was much a home body I suppose. Vesunth isn't so much vicious as a busy body, curious about everyone's business and try to make adjustments to their lives. She loves to manage but not is such a bad way." F'liel chuckled thinking about her meddling. "We'll see if she remembers that today is not about all play. Someone is bound to get her attention soon."

He paused as another egg, another green hatched through and tumbled to the sands. Another smaller green but that only meant it would be easier to dodge obstacles. "Glad to see another green. Interesting color on her. I can't say much as Vesunth has a dark green strip from the tip of her snout down to the base of her tail. I hope these candidates are on their toes."  

Faerie Princess Meeka

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:16 pm
Faerie Princess Meeka

"Not like I had much of a reason to travel, well till now." S'aren mused and just as easy shrugged it off. "Ahh, yeah. Vesp management skills are more along the lines of can I eat it or can I scare it off so I can go back to my nap." Vesp didn't do management.

"Second green, cute little thing. Mmh, well if they aren't they're going to learn right quick why they should. Looks like our first darling wants to say hi, and I doubt she going to break all that well in the sand." S'aren nodded as Daydream darted at the group. "So, what Ista like?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:25 pm
The cold-feeling egg had hatched now, Vee had felt rather judged by that one and she scowled slightly at the green as she sat down to clean herself. Was this the time to preen? Really? So picky.

Oh, and now Daydream was on the move! Vee grinned and shifted her weight onto the balls of her feet, she knew they weren't supposed to go play with the hatchlings but if the skinny green came her way she could hardly help playing bullfights right? Anyway it wasn't like any other dragons that'd even vaguely caught here interest were on the sands right now, she might as well focus on the Daydreamer!  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Faerie Princess Meeka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:31 pm
Iskosian watched as another green hatched out. That was 2 down and only 26 more to go... He wondered how long hatchings took. Would they stand all day and all night? Sleep on the sands just in case? He didn't know or understand how these things worked. Only that he was waiting to hopefully be chosen by one of these dragons. Isko tried not to let doubt or worry color his thoughts, and shifted back and forth trying to keep his legs from going numb. Suddenly, the first green ran past them, having tried to engage the second green. Perhaps she was heading towards her rider. He looked behind him and then went back to looking at the eggs and second green.

`````````````````````````

Endalil was happy to see another dragon hatch with no major problems. A small green but not as limbs and wings looking as her clutch sister. He loved the light green stripe that appeared to circle her body. She seemed delicate and he grinned as she cleaned herself up before sitting in front of them. He wondered who she was meant for...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:41 pm
Shaddaling

"I know some greens work as messengers or are assigned to holds. I was more for sweeps and the occasional rescue. Ista is... Warm, hot. You have the sands, so fine that the glass makers would come for bagfuls and the black sands at the beaches. The waters are warm. There are days when it seems like all it does it rain and other days were it is so warm, all you want to do is sleep. Everything is colorful, lively..." F'liel drifted off for a moment, thinking about his home. Fort was nice but too cold for him.

He pulled himself back. "Well, hopefully we are not sitting all day and all night waiting for shells to hatch and dragons to Impress. Do you know anyone on the Sands?"  

Faerie Princess Meeka

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:47 pm
Faerie Princess Meeka

"If there is one thing I miss, it is the warmth of home," S'aren admitted."Perhaps when there is some free time, we can take a trip down to Ista and take a look." It sounded fun and well, with the world as it was. She should take some time to go and see everything.

"No, not personally. I think we have a few candidates out there but I was more focused on my life at the time. On Vesp." The plague had narrowed her focus. "And you? Have anyone you know down there?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:15 pm
Shaddaling
"If there is one thing I miss, it is the warmth of home," S'aren admitted."Perhaps when there is some free time, we can take a trip down to Ista and take a look." It sounded fun and well, with the world as it was. She should take some time to go and see everything.

"No, not personally. I think we have a few candidates out there but I was more focused on my life at the time. On Vesp." The plague had narrowed her focus. "And you? Have anyone you know down there?"

"I am always willing to offer a tour of Ista. And perhaps, you can show me Igen? Perhaps we can get permission after Hatching, after the dragons have grown a bit. I would think that since they have been abandoned, there would be no place for this sickness to breed." F'liel paused, thinking about the possibility of returning home if even for a brief time. He would visit Indree's grave.

"My son, Endalil is standing. I can only hope he Impresses. If not, he has already started with his studies to be a dragon healer. Twenty-eight eggs, so he has a chance." F'liel replied.  

Faerie Princess Meeka

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:22 pm
Faerie Princess Meeka

"We can try at the very least to see." She tossed her head, and wished faintly she had enough sense to grab a hair tie. S'aren paused and probed Danish poking the drowsing brown awake enough to get the idea of hair tie and bring into the small mind.

"Ooh, you have a son?" She said instead. She wasn't touching the egg bit. It was too likely the sickness had infected the unhatched eggs. "Well, good luck to him. Which one is he?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:55 pm
"huh!" Cai huffed as the second green hatched. So dragons personalities were fairly well pronounced straight out of the egg. At least this one didn't seem so bone thin as her sister. Though he did wonder at their lack of haste. He'd been told that their first and only instinct at this point was to find their rider. In fact it had been drilled into him in his short time spent as a candidate before the hatching that these small, awkward and clumsy creatures were a serious threat to his own health and safety until they were paired off. Cai was having a hard time seeing that at this very moment. He wondered if the strict warnings were more to protect the hatchlings from the stupidity of the candidates than visa verse.

Cai could believe that. Teenagers had a tendancy to be incredibly stupid (himself not included in that statement of course).  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Faerie Princess Meeka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:54 pm
"His name is Endalil. The one over there, almost tall with a runner's build. He has a little more meat on his bones than I do and some of his late mother's features, darker coloring." F'liel tried to describe his son as best as possible. Right now, Endalil was engrossed in watching the two greens on the Sands.

"At least this group seems to have a good head on their shoulders. No crazy movements or rushing up to the babies. While a little bloodshed is expected, we don't need a bloodbath with so much else going on right now." The green rider paused and leaned in so as not to be overhead and reported as being rude or insolent. "Do you think Malsalth will leave right away after they are all done hatching?"  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:07 pm
There was a second green. This one seemed to be a bit more fastidious than her sister had been, sitting down and cleaning herself up.

Zee smiled to herself. No wonder when she had touched Snowdrifts egg she had responded like she had.

She was also small for a green but a little better proportioned than the Daydream green. She also seemed healthy, but then again, the healthier ones would be the most likely to hatch first.

Daydream seemed fairly excited to realize that her sister had hatched, and then, had darted towards the candidates. Darted past her, close enough that the green had bumped into her, causing Zee to stagger. She almost fell, but was able to catch her balance just in time. It wouldn't be safe to be on the ground, not with an active green running about.

She knew the hatchling didn't mean any harm, but that didn't change the fact that they had sharp little claws. She knew that from experience.  

Scapanorhynchus

Skilled Explorer

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:26 pm
"Mmh, cute name and well, all the luck to him impressing." S'aren said, glancing at the candidates, trying to pin point the kid. That one maybe? When they had a sea of faces and white robes it was a bit harder to pin point for sure.

Probably that one.

"Don't know... it is up to her." S'aren said simply. Though she would be more worried about K'rin keeping face in front of the new candidates and hatchlings. She hope the queen would linger a bit longer.  
Event Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff