Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP]Indecision Rep + Mark Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Rep glanced over at Charlotte and raised a very bitchy eyebrow at her. He knew who she was and he knew what her stupid little splinter faction wanted. He wasn't sure why she thought that she'd be able to negotiate both the grail and the sword off of them, but he also supposed he didn't know what sort of collateral she had to wager against it.

He snorted at her, Protection went both ways, and so long as it was watching over him, he would in turn watch over it, she was not a safe place to send anything, even if he knew how.

Moving to leave on the heels of Cael, he stopped, still curious about that collateral, and looked over his shoulder.

"What?" he asked coolly.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:18 pm
Charlotte didn't move from her seat. "That's a nice look Rep, would be a pity if it did become permanent. It's a great shame nobody cares enough to help you, surely if your leads were that good, they could have fixed your very small problem any time." She shifted slightly, just propping one hand against her cheek to look neatly at him. "Being a woman isn't so bad though, you could say it grows on you. Surely you aren't afraid-"

- She purposely interrupted her own sentence. "Oh, my apologies, sometimes I just care too much about others. As I was saying, I don't like handing things out for free, so let's trade some information. You tell me sometime simple like, what number you're currently thinking of, and I'll tell you one clue. We can play for as long as you want, I love games, but only if you can keep up with me."

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:53 am

This it seemed was enough to set Rep off, he tensed, whirled and snapped at her. "You don't ******** know me." he snarled. "You don't ******** know what I care about and you ******** have NO goddamn right to talk about my ******** leads that way. Cael is twice the person you'll ever be you meddling ******** slut and I'm just FINE looking like this for as long as it takes to keep people like you off of our ******** island."

He didn't negotiate with terrorists and had no intention of giving her ******** anything or playing her games. Curiosity was creation's game and he'd sooner just break everything she owned piece by piece until he found whatever she was ******** bartering rather than ever give her anything willingly belonging to him.

"I don't play stupid ******** games." he snarled. "Either tell me or ******** off."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:05 pm
"Oh, I'm not going anywhere, but you are free to leave any time." She waved one hand briefly at the screen and the movie was playing again, just slowly starting up in the credits scene with quiet music.

"Really, this is why I prefer the other people from your division, you really don't belong here do you? Never ask questions, never seek answers - are you really that defensive all the time or are you just scared the truth is impossible for someone like you?"

"Uh, dude, Rep," Mark exclaimed over the headset, "I have your ice cream, but it's totally melting and I think you should just uh, leave like maybe now-ish."

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:21 pm

There was only so much being pushed that Rep could take, and going for his weak points followed abruptly by his most uncomfortable issues with his division itself was far, far too much pushing for him. What began as tension in his shoulders solidified into sheer rage which finally made him step back from Charlotte just enough to summon Tracey, the vibrant red runes blazing like emergency lights in the dim theatre.

"If Cael belongs here, I ******** belong here." he snarled. "Now how about you leave b***h, before I ********> make you."

She reminded him of everything he hated, people playing petty little control games for no goddamn reason, pushing back and expecting him to fold. "Because this can be a fight if you want to make it one. The only questions I ask are in the ******** question mark at the end of this goddamn axe."

And in his fury, it seemed even ice cream wasn't enough to stop him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:29 pm
Now a narrative voiceover was talking over Charlotte which made her words a little more difficult to hear but it was easy to catch her obvious laughter and the words. "By all means."

Loud music, then a scene change on screen. "Always the bridesmaid, never the bride."

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful rolled 2 12-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-24)

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:34 pm

There was always that moment with Rep, where he teetered on the edge of making some decision which in his gut he didn't think was probably the right one, and every single time there was nothing but the anger and fury that whispered to him and told him he couldn't stop now, told him that he could solve all his problems, all his hurt and inadequacy at the end of a sharp weapon.

It didn't matter there was only a thin wall between himself, Charlotte and the rest of the oblivious civilian world, all that mattered was that she had said he didn't fit in, that he was somehow wrong for the division he was in and that it had hurt because it was probably true.

So he swung, the enormous and unwieldy weapon twisted in the tight space to strike at her. He wouldn't get to see a movie today but maybe, just ******** maybe he'd get to displace his hurt on someone else instead.

HP:60
DMG: 5
Charge: ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:54 pm
The weapon sliced through several seats like they were made out of styrofoam, cheap plush and plastic flying. It also incidentally, revealed how uncleaned the floor beneath actually was, but Charlotte still remained seated with her legs crossed. Perhaps in that dark lighting, people talking over them now, Rep had sliced into her, it felt like he had-

- But there was no damage sustained other than the neat line of cleaved seats.

"I'll bill your division the damage," she looked straight at Rep in the darkness for a quick moment it looked like they were a dull green-

-"Rep get out of there," Mark was practically yelling through the headset, "just leave."

"Yes," Charlotte agreed, "You really should listen to your superiors."

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful rolled 2 12-sided dice: 12, 8 Total: 20 (2-24)

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:02 pm

Rep was furious, absolutely furious and her ongoing defiance only made it ******** worse, he had hardly hit anything and yet he could have ******** sworn there was no way she could dodge it.

Mark was telling him to leave but there was pride in the way, the fact that if he walked out now she'd just smile smugly at him and remind him how worthless and good for nothing he was, just a ******** little lap dog they'd brought along so she could bait him into this.

He felt small and helpless and like he couldn't back down, couldn't stop until it was over.

"Since when do you have the ******** RIGHT to bill us for ANYTHING? Why would they PAY YOUR ******** BILLS? I'd tear them the ******** up and throw them in your smug ******** face. I'm sick of bitches like you, I'm sick of spoiled wee ******** CHILDISH ********." And when he swung again it wasn't just at her, it was at Creation, it was at every ******** person who'd goaded and defied him in the last however many years.

"She's a ******** b***h MARK. SHES A b***h." he said, with an edge of helplessness.

HP:60
DMG: 14
Charge: 2/3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:10 pm
"Rep," Mark yelled through the headset and it sounded like he was out of breath, "they have cameras."

Once again the attack wove through her like she was some sort of hologram. It was disconcerting and confusing at the same time as Rep could clearly feel the impact of his weapon hitting her, but nothing else.

Charlotte had her chin cupped in both hands now, doing her best to look unassuming. "What’s your favourite number Rep? Is it two because you’re always second, or is it three or four, or maybe... you don’t even have a number.”

The front of the theatre looked like some sort of harvested corn field, chair pieces scattered everywhere, Rep even managing to tear a portion of the screen. The strangest part was there was nobody else here to intercept them.

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful rolled 2 12-sided dice: 12, 3 Total: 15 (2-24)

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:29 pm

The fact they had cameras seemed too little too late as Rep eyed the desolation. It wasn't enough to stop him now, not when he could feel the energy coursing through Tracey which meant that something somewhere was hitting even if to all appearances Charlotte appeared wholly unharmed.

<> Tracey said indifferently, not fully comprehending human technology and the implications of cameras or recording equipment, it was all kind of B0nez' domain and therefore not interesting to him.

What was interesting to him was the fear that he craved more than anything else and which was slowly, slowly becoming available to him.

His favourite number was seven because it ******** ATE something, because it was somehow perfect, but he knew she didn't care, she was just once again trying to make him feel small and irrelevant. "******** you." he said low and furious. "******** you ******** YOU ******** YOU ******** again he went to town with a mad series of wild swings, and this time it was enough to make Tracey blaze with wild satisfaction.

HP: 60
DMG: 9
Charge: 3/3

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:54 pm
"Rep!"

And Mark was there, and he was holding two ice creams in waffle cones and both of them were melting sadly, "I'm sorry! I just - I just wanted to do something nice for you, the threesome wasn't supposed to go this way!"

Sometimes, it was nearly impossible to figure out what was going on in Mark's head.

"A little too late for a threesome hun," said Charlotte, who had finally stood up. It seemed she didn't like Mark much as well. "We were having such a fantastic conversation, what a waste of a perfectly good movie ticket. Oh well, next time."

Before anyone could ask what next time meant, the girl who was probably Charlotte split evenly into halves, and then quarters, before melting into a horrific mass of vines that coiled inwards and stretched into multiple branches thicker than any tree trunk, immediately knocking Rep off his feet, as one grabbed a hold of Mark by his leg.

For some reason, Mark was still holding the ice creams. "For the record, I thought this was going to be way sexier."

Baneful

VINE HP: 22/50

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful rolled 10 12-sided dice: 8, 2, 6, 7, 9, 3, 2, 4, 2, 12 Total: 55 (10-120)

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:02 pm

Tracey was charged and like a steamtrain he knew he couldn't do anything but use the charge, even in this small space, even with the potential damage it could cause he had no other option but to use it.

So he closed his eyes for a heartbeat, for a split second everything seeming to slow as the strange magic circle spread beneath his feet, the dagger at his chest glowing a bright and brilliant red through the shirt he was wearing.

He jumped, but there wasn't ROOM to jump, not properly. This didn't stop him, leaping nimbly up to land with his feet on the ceiling and in a very fancy bit of footwork, twisting like a cat, twisting the axe around with him and slamming it down with the full force of a charge on the vine which was holding mark.

Very very close to Mark, but not enough to hit him.

The physical backlash of such a strenuous move as always was devoured by the artifact around his neck for some unknown cost.

HP: 60
DMG: 24
Charge: 3/3 - Gamblers Chance - 99 Problems used
Gabriel's horn - Artifact used

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:49 pm
The mass of vines and the entire movie screen didn't stand a chance as they were torn apart, upholstery stuffing still drifting all directions, almost nothing left unturned.

A loud crack and the ceiling began to crumble too, raining debris all over the two.

Mark was still holding both ice creams but they looked entirely unedible. His jacket was also torn, but other than that he didn't look too bad for wear, though it was difficult to tell if that jacket had already been torn. "Right," he began, kicking the last of the retreating vines that sank into the upturned carpeted floor and disappeared, "ignoring how like gross it is under movie seats, here's your ice cream, and I'm going to have to charge an extra fifty for psychological damage."

Despite the fine layer of dust and mortar, Mark just took a bite out of the vanilla one. "Oh yeah, also boss said th-"

- Like some bad acid trip, the entire theatre floor pulsed a deep emerald, and the two of them sank deeper and deeper until everything was green.

Time passed.

"Get up."

The ringing continued in Rep's ears, louder and louder until it was his own dull heartbeat. Something felt wrong, off about this place, as if he was stuck in a nauseating dream that he couldn't escape. It felt like the Amazon base, but it felt worse, as if all the trees, all the leaves and unusual flowers were individually faces leering at him.

Loud, unseemly laughter, and something crashed down next to them, what looked like an enormous hand made of tree trunks and vines and the green split open as the entire forest canopy moved as one and and Rep could hear knowledge eating at him, threatening to consume him again-

- And he fell back into half-upturned carpet in the solid theatre floor next to Mark and the Death lead, Mark immediately spraying Rep with some sort of horrific smelling aerosol.

Baneful

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Rep gave Mark a sympathetic look, genuinely touched that he'd even brought him an ice cream at all, having written that off as something that wouldn't happen. Somehow the sight was a sad one too him, another thing he'd ******** up with his temper and inability to control it. Tracey was desummoned and he moved to go help Mark out.

He didn't reach him.

Rep tried to cry out as the ground shifted and they sank but he didn't even have time.

The place he found himself in was horrible, truly and utterly horrible, a massive contorted jungle which felt larger and more dangerous than anything he'd run into before. It was back, ******** creation was back or something like it. He braced himself.

And then came to on a gross theatre carpet.

He started coughing immediately.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces