DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 3:55 pm
LordPocky

Oh s**t. "... you saw that?" she said, her eyes narrowing. Her scarf hid her grimace at Miache having seen her attempts to dance. Admittedly, she hadn't done horribly, but still. He wasn't supposed to have seen her embarrass herself like that.

"You should... ask Vremea." she said quietly, hesitating a little before she did so. Was it odd to think that she couldn't introduce Odette, her friend? She was so famous, now. So far beyond Keionx's reach. It was hard to believe that they had adventured together at one point, at all. "Or the greenblood with her? I doth not know his name." or what he really was. Agent? Protector? Spy? Keionx had only seen him in a passing glance at the booth, and she wasn't sure she trusted him... but what did she know?

"I do enjoy it... at times." she admitted. It was thrilling to show off, and to have an audience, but... But still.

"Look. The dancing." she said, almost suddenly, It twasn't... what it might... appear to... er... seem." She grimaced in chagrin, hidden by her scarf. Why was she explaining herself to him?  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:36 pm
He waved an idle hand as if brushing off the idea. "If I meet her, I meet her. If not, so be it. It's possible to appreciate aesthetics from afar and I appreciate anyone with a sense of fashion...." at that he paused pointedly to give her own look a rather obvious once over. "Of course....I've had lapses in my tastes before," he added with a half smirk. Said lapse being a certain yellowblood with a penchant for rolling around in popcorn. Miache hadn't seen him in a while, but certainly hoped he was better about that.

She....enjoyed it? What, flirting with other highbloods? Perhaps he hadn't made his interest clear....obviously his own fault for certain. Especially since he was so indecisive in his own interest. He enjoyed fighting beside her just as much as he enjoyed fighting her, there was a certain pleasure he took from needling her on as much as he did.....there were certainly RESPECTABLE traits about her....he was always keen on trolls with a sense of loyalty and the cool pride that seemed often either too fervent or simply egocentric.

The mentions of the dance had him start a little. OH! Was THAT what she'd been talking about? He quickly shook off the confused and startled look back into a neutral expression. "Yes.....right..." he cleared his throat. "it was a shame I hadn't stuck around to watch, but I was only there briefly."

DraconicFeline

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

Doutei

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:19 am
"Thank you." Tevini mumbled as the other troll bundled her up in his jacket and scarf. Her legs still shivered but it was significantly better than going without the extra coverage. She felt bad that he was surely cold now but hopefully their trip into the shopping center wouldn't take too long.

"I'm not sure either. Let's try this one." The girl decided, once they approached a street full of shops. One of them caught her eye because it looked the cheapest on the block. It was a little tacky in her opinion but she wasn't really fashionable. Entering the shop, she poked around at a few racks and tried to find the clearance section. She was still fairly young and thus could fit into most of the objects on the rack so it was really a matter of price. Then again, she was pretending to be a purpleblood, she needed to consider what a highblood would wear.

"This one or this one?" Uncertain, Tevini turned to Zariah with two different choices in her hands. On the right was a very cheap shapeless grey sweater that would be long enough to be a dress on her. In the other was a more expensive (but still from the clearance rack) white dress with girlish cap sleeves and pearly buttons down the front. She knew which outfit she would feel more comfortable in but also needed to maintain a disguise. Which was more important though? He was an older rebel (though she didn't know much about him) and thus would have a better opinion on what to do.

LordPocky

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:33 am
"Um.....well if you d-don't mind my saying," he began slowly, looking between the two dresses, "I th-think the white one would look v-very nice." Honestly the sweater looked far more like something Kei woud wear....functional rather than fashionable, but highbloods tended to have at least slightly more taste than the lowbloods. "If y-you're worried about b-being cold you can hold onto th-that scarf. I'm s-sure I'l see you around," he added, smiling at that. Her immediately being drawn to the discount rack reassured him that the younger troll was in fact another rebel, but he was kicking himself a little for not introducing himself sooner. Zariah knew full well how unnerving it could be to be so young around all those older rebellious trolls.

Zariah leaned forward to look through the racks of the children section, carefully leaning over the younger troll, "If you're short on beetles t-tell me to pay at the counter," he mumbled quietly. He wasn't that much better off, but he'd been around at least a little more than her, his wallet was probably thicker....slightly. Righting himself after finishing looking through the rack he smiled again at the 'purpleblood'.

Doutei

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:15 pm
The sneezing was what did it. Jogged his memory and all. It was also terrible, just like last time! And he had more to lose. It jostled the glasses on his face, and Reemus didn't know how to both cover his nose and keep his glasses on without looking weird. Upsetting!

He sniffled, trying not to inhale too deeply.
"Ahh. Kid, y' shouldn't bring pollen with ya to a place like this." Who expected to have allergies in the snow of all things? Madness!

Either way, Reemus had to keep this short and sweet. If he got caught, others like Vos were going down with him. ...And Nictor looked like he was starting to curl up into a ball. Ah, yes, that one was the nervous sort, wasn't he? Maybe he could at least say something nice, then...

Taki-di

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 7:25 pm
"It's thrilling and mysterious, for sure," she agreed, though her smile towards Ras was a little tight. If Luxara hadn't wanted to barf before, she sure did now.

And, unfortunately, the real yellowblood wasn't making up for it.
"Ah, well. You're probably right, Miss El- idae." Dianea waved it off. No sweet gossip for her. Damn. She wanted to at least see if he was stupid enough to brag about how much they kicked his a** in the tunnels. "So little time, so much I want to know about y'all." Luxara scanned them both for good measure. "I would love another little chat, but, I won't keep you anymore. Toodles!"

Mission accomplished, anyway. She expected to feel better than hollow inside about it, though. Something to ponder later. When she wasn't ready to scream at the sky.

seekingCylem

blackbird cake

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:01 pm
LordPocky

Lapses in taste? What did that even mean? "Wert thou even there?" she asked, surprised. If not the dance, then, what had he meant?

"And what of my fashion?" she asked, needling him a little, "Dost thou have comments on it?"
Go on,
she thought, teasingly, Critique me.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:59 am
"Alright, I'll go with this one." Tevini nodded and placed the bland sweater on the rack. The white dress looked a little intimidating to her but she had to do her best to push her comfort zone. The older troll seemed to be unsure of what to say but wanting to be polite so she accepted his scarf offer for now and headed to the register.

"Thank you but I've got this." The redblood murmured as Zariah offered to pay. She appreciated him wanting to take care of her but honestly had enough beetles thanks to her roommate's funds. Zariah couldn't have known about it so she wasn't bothered by his presumption she'd need help. There was no time to explain while they were in public so she hoped he wouldn't be offended. She paid for the dress and then excused herself to go change before heading back out to meet Zariah.

"Thank you for your help. Is there anyway I can repay you?" He seemed like he might be too humble to request anything but she felt the need to offer, even if all he would accept was a drink or something. He'd really helped her out by saving Cerpin's backpack and her drowning butt so it seemed wrong to part ways without some sort of attempt.

LordPocky
Yama is interested in Cerpin bumping into them. Just keep them in the shopping district if you can please! : )

Doutei

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:17 am
"Briefly," he admitted, "my taste of dancing is less showboat and more..." he paused a moment to mull over the choice word, "personal." Though he'd never danced with another troll he HAD practiced with his lusus. They were pictures in books and descriptions of how a gentleman would spin and twirl a lady....and it certainly caught his attention...more so than people just shaking to a beat they only vaguely follow.

OHHHH She was opening THIS to discussion now? Miache puffed his chest excitedly, begining to pace around her as if to take in her look from all angles. "Where do I begin?" he asked rhetorically, tone suddenly excited. "Well your current rather.....dour look...and unwillingness to do ANYTHING with your hair," he puffed up again as he flipped his own long, glorious tresses over his shoulder as if to punctuate his point. While he often kept it in a ponytail with clips keeping it off his face....at least it was a style, plus even HE could change it up....and he knew FULL well how sensational it looked down. "Perhaps one of these days I should take you shopping for a....proper outfit....as well as some well-suited armour. A knight looks far more like a squire without her armour and flying her colours. And of course--" he paused his thought as images of knights swarmed his head. There was....one piece of attire he felt would truly complete the look...but he was hessitant to mention it. It was silly really....but he'd read enough about knights to know well enough. He cleared his throat, forcing himself to continue the though, "And of course a favour from a quadrant."

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:34 am
Zariah paused, looking thoughtful. He knew full well it was just as rude to refuse such an offer as it was to take someone up on it...hell if she was anything like his twin she would be a little offended he didn't ask for something. "Um.....h-how about you have tea with me?" he asked, grinning a bit. "Not....not like...right away....I need to m-make an excursion to B-Busthind to replenish m-my supply.....but....um, after....I have quite a lovely assortment." Truthfully he was quite proud of his collection of tea brews. While he was low on it, it wouldn't be too much trouble to venture to his old stomping grounds to pick up more. Plus....he just liked the occasional adventure. Things often turned a little too....exciting for his tastes.....but it wasn't bad every so often.

After she'd paid for her new outfit he looked it over once more. It was quite cute, it didn't have her symbol on it, of course, but it would suffice for the moment. "Well l-let's find somewhere for you to change," he said quickly. Surely she was just as eager to be in something dry...other than his jacket and scarf of course.

Doutei
Sounds good o vob

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:20 am
LordPocky

"Personal?" She thought she knew what he meant, but she didn't have a chance to ask him about it, because Miache took the bait. Keionx wasn't sure if she regretted it or not.

"Dour?!" she argued, "I'm festive!" she teased. All right, she wasn't exactly festive, but just look at her scarf! That wasn't dour!

Her hair?! "What wouldst I do with my hair?" she asked, raising an eyebrow, "Wear it out like thee? Get it pulled and tugged in the midst of battle?" This was not the first time he'd commented on her hair.

The outfit, though... ... ... Keionx could see nothing wrong with that. Armor would be great, clothes were nice, but Keionx didn't want him to know that. Not outright. "A squire?! Fine then, thou art on! We stand in Civisect, do we not?! Home of commerce?" Or so she had heard. "So, being here, we shall do commerce, and I shall show thee that..." she trained off at his last comment. She blinked.

"What sort of... favor."  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:52 am
"Festive?" Miache narrowed his eyes. "It's tacky." He was VERY firm on that opinion. He pursed his lips at the mentions of his hair. His hair was STYLISH. And she knew FULL WELL that he usually kept it out of his way during combat....aside from the long pony tail....but his lusus liked his long hair so that was something that certainly wasn't about to change. "I can do something with your hair that will keep it out of your face and look nice," he said, brushing it aside. It would certainly look nicer than the fluffy mess she had going on. When she jumped at the idea to go shopping he smirked a little. Of course she would, she tended to jump most eagerly to anything....though if he was shopping with her that would mean he would be able to have a said in a proper outfit for her, and even if she didn't get armour right away he still had ideas of other aspects she could use. "Well.....I mean, a squire would typically have more protective garb and generally show the colours they serve more....so maybe a squire-to-be," he teased, grinning slightly. "Yes, why don't we see what we can find. If nothing else we should be able to find a fitting tunic that would look far more suiting. And a proper sword belt."

He flushed a little at her question, taken aback she hadn't heard of it. "It's--" he balked, finging it suddenly difficult to find his tongue. "Just a token of someone's affections is all," he said quickly, immidiately brushing it aside. He wanted to ask if she would be looking for one from that other blueblood....but he wasn't sure he would like the answer he got. If he wasn't mistaken the girl was a royalist....the one that had captured him in the swamp no less....was that when she took an interest? Ugh....he didn't like thinking about it!

DraconicFeline

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:09 am
LordPocky

"It's not tacky!" she protested, and... well, okay. "And fine. Thou will have to prove to me that you can do something with mine hair that I will like." The idea of someone playing with her hair... was not a bad one.

A squire to be?! she thought, playfully furious. "I am far more than some petty squire to be, thou knowst that!" she said. Her voice held a hint of challenge, but... "Then, there shall we go!" she said, glancing at their surroundings, "But, are we not going there now?"

Keionx... Thought she knew what a favor was, but she had no quadrants... did she? She'd hoped for so much, from certain people, but it had been stolen away by a thief, That thief of hearts!

"And... what form would such a favor take? In your idea of what I should wear?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:24 am
Miache eyed her hair before nodding. "Deal. I'm fairly certain I could tame that squeak-beast nest you call hair." When she brought up the squire comment again he smirked. Clearly that one had struck a chord, he knew it would. While he wouldn't admit it his knowledge of knights was fairly new. After meeting her he'd taken to reading up on them....merely as curiosity of course! "Well, I mean....I just say it as I've seen. If I recall the run-in we had with the daywalkers neither of us were terribly well off in that fight." Actually...more like they had almost resembled the shambling undead themselves. Hell, because of that run-in he was still wearing his shirts buttoned higher to hide the claw scarring around his neck. He was a little concerned just how well it would heal...

"Typically a handkerchief is tied around the arm. Generally the colour of the quadrantmate so others know to whom their affections belong...it's seen as a way of....keeping the knight safe." He had been a little tempted to demonstrate with his own handkerchief....but he quickly surpressed the temptation.

DraconicFeline

LordPocky

Cunning Codger

blackbird cake

Adorable Gekko

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:27 pm
      Thrilling and mysterious. Elidae's cheeks hurt from holding her faux-friendly smile. Admittedly, she really couldn't protest to another troll pursuing him in whatever quadrant they wished, despite her own muddled feelings. But the negative comments had her tilt her head in confusion. Maybe it was some bizarre black crush? What was she even after? Would Kursha even go for some tawdry troll like this? Would she support it? Huh.

While her thoughts seemed to be more focused on the implications from a more personal perspective, Elidae vaguely considered if there was a much different reason for the questions about them- well, Kursha specifically. Earlier in the week, Tamiya noted to keep her eyes open for suspicious activity. Nothing really clicked enough for her to feel alarmed, but the yellowblood determined it would be good to mention it to the greenblood later- you know, for reasons other than her own nosiness.

"See you around!" Elidae called cheerfully, giving the yellowblood a wave goodbye. Turning back to Peikoe, she seemed to relax somewhat. "Huh, she never gave her name!" She commented lightly with a shrug. "Anyway- I..." Face falling into a slight frown, Elidae looked up in thought. She then heaved an awkward laugh with a hand wave. "I honestly don't remember what we were talking about! Hm... so- do you know her?" It was an innocent enough question.

Gl!tch~
8 )

seekingCylem
8xxxxx)

Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items