Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:26 am
User Image

Bryndis chuckled at Svana's response. In her mind, there were too many prospective reasons why Kale wasn't yet present; Bryndis chose not to let it ruffle her pelt unless something came to light that gave cause to worry, like Soja returning without him.

In the meantime, Bryn followed her sister's gaze to watch a lioness with colors amusingly similar to her blood-washed sister approach. The dark lioness grinned as the newcomer sauntered up and proceeded to praise her sister. Her grin only widened when her sister revealed that she didn't know this pridemate either. She wondered if her sister thought this party was as silly as she did - though she'd never say that to their mother. Being fawned over by strangers - some of whom, no doubt, were just going to paw-lick to further their own goals - was something Bryn would quickly tire of. She doubted her sister was overly fond of it, but maybe she had no problem with it either.

Still, Bryn thought she should be supportive. If not of her sister enjoying the party, then of their mother for being so proud of throwing it. So, she pretended to enjoy the idle chit-chat herself and waited attentively for the strange lioness' response.

Tanakako

SilverLutz

Talencia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:24 pm
User Image Turning her gaze to Svana's sister, she bobbed her head in greeting as well. The addition to the traditional hello made her laugh a bit, a fond expression on her face. There was something about being in the presence of like-minded females that always brought out her warmer side much quicker than usual.

"Missing his own party, for shame," she said, clicking her tongue with mild but teasing scolding. "I'll be sure to tell my children to stay away from his band. Only Captains that are prompt deserve loyal Reavers." That, however teasing her scolding had been, was serious. She wouldn't give someone the time of day if they were rude or impolite.

A third lioness approached the group and Sebor shifted a bit to allow her to enter their little cluster. She was, once again, someone she didn't know. There was a look of youth to her despite the decorations in her tufts of fur, a hunger in her eyes that Sebor could appreciate. She was quiet, waiting for her introduction as well.

Tanakako

Rennekae

Talencia

User Image The two sets of siblings chatted, each giving their own thoughts on the matter. Runa was silent, content to listen and let them make the decisions. She just wanted food. At the mention of mint, however, her ears perked up, and when the boys began to declare they were stronger and would be better off getting the meat, she scoffed softly and leaned against her sister.

"Fine by me. You boys aren't cunning and quick enough to nab the mint from under the adult's noses. Leave that to us!" She flashed Halle and Rask a much-too-large smile before nudging her sister in the side.

"Let's go, Valka." They had a dangerous mission, now things were getting exciting!

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:34 pm
[Valka Freeborn]
User Image"We should meet over there, near those rocks." She said pointing towards a location not to far away where not too many adults were at. It would be a perfect location for them all to meet. Her gaze turned towards her sister and her eyes twinkled slightly. "Yes, lets go." She said with a sly smile and nudged her back as they headed towards where the mint was located. "So, what shall we do?" She asked as she kept an eyed on the nearby adults and those that were either mingling near the mint or were doing something else nearby. It seemed everyone was too busy talking to notice the cubs which was perfect for them. "I don't think any of the adults are really that interested in the food or mint right now, but if they were, what a better pair than you and I to snatch away the goods." She said with a hint of amusement in her voice.

[Njörðr (Njord) Freeborn]
User Image"If you both don't have an objection to the rendezvous site I suppose we should get our tails into action." He said to the brothers with a toothy grin as he started to make his way towards the meat. A quick glance around solidified the fact that NO ONE was paying attention and that on it's own was awesome. They were about to make out like bandits with some of this meat. "Do you guys have any other siblings?" He asked the curiously as they made their way towards the spoils. He was curious if it was just the two of them or if they had others. "I have one other brother and two more sisters." He added just in case they wanted to know. He was hoping there would be a great deal of cubs for him and his sisters to spar with and what not. It was good for them to get to know the other litters.

SilverLutz

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:08 am
User Image

Tika had just enough of her father's ego to not wither beneath the attention of all three immediately direct gazes. She didn't swagger, mind you, but she didn't flinch either. In truth, she was mostly ignoring the other two, her attention focused at the moment on Svana.

"I can't be surprised you don't know my name," she admitted honestly, "as I have yet to make one for myself. I hope to change that soon." She dipped her head in a sort of secondary greeting. "Hypnotika, freeborn looking to become a reaver as soon as may be." She quirked a corner of her mouth up, again with that feral glitter in her eyes, now glancing to the other two females to bring them in on her sentiment. "I would like some of that treasure and glory for myself!"

Tanakako

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:56 am
Rasmus
User Image"Sounds good to us," Rasmus said, speaking for his brother, too, because he couldn't see any reason for Halle to object.

As the three of them made their way toward the meat Rask wondered if he was maybe supposed to be sneaking, or maybe trying to look nonchalant and avoid attracting attention that way, but then he remembered that the meat was there for public consumption, and he was unlikely to get in trouble for acquiring some, even if he was caught.

However, he had spent enough time concentrating on trying to decide how he ought to be walking to avoid getting into trouble, just in case, that it had ended up falling to Halle to answer Njord's questions about their family. Which was probably just as well, since Rask probably wouldn't have said much of interest there.

Haldor
User ImageAnd Halle was more than happy to pick up the slack left by Rask's sneaky slinking. He really couldn't even look at Rask right now. His brother's gait was just kind of ridiculous. Fortunately, it wouldn't take them too long to achieve their goal, or else he probably would have burst out laughing.

"We have one more brother and a sister," Halle answered. "They didn't want to come tonight though." Also, they hadn't been invited, but that was because Halle and Rask had been pretty sure they would have been too scared to come. But you didn't describe members of you family as scaredy to someone who wasn't family.

"So, which of these looks like it'll be the best?" he asked, surveying their meat options. Personally, Halle would eat just about anything he could fit into his mouth, but other people might be pickier.

SilverLutz

Astoria Fallen

Tallskog
User ImageTall's ears twitched and his claws itched to slide out when Naaja spoke of how bad things could be. They could be bad enough, apparently, that she was willing to stay in a miserable marriage.

"Are you saying that b*****d would hurt you? You know I'd protect you, don't you?" And he would, even now that the two of them weren't officially anything. He would protect her to his dying breath.

He'd stepped closer as he uttered this declaration. The two of them were too close to even look at each other while they spoke now. That was all right with him. It was easier for Tall to have meaningful conversation if he didn't have to look at the person he was talking to, and couldn't be seen by them, either.

"You could divorce him, you know. I'm sure he's given you ample reason." And if one of those reasons was mistreatment, Tall would kill her husband. He might anyway, if the opportunity arose.

Naaja
User ImageNaaja couldn't speak at all when Tall moved closer. All she could do - all she wanted to do - was breathe his familiar, comforting scent and pretend for a moment that the world was as clear-cut as it had been in her youth.

"And what about my responsibility?" she asked when the silence between them had stretched too long. "This marriage is supposed to be helping keep things from becoming volatile between the conservative and the progressive factions of the pride."

There was also the fact that her father had only ever seen her value in whom she might be married to, and while the b*****d grandson of an exiled warlord might not compare to an oldblood captain, the fact that it had been a marriage meant to ensure her family would suffer no repercussions following her father's loss of power made the match important.

"I don't want to fail my father," she whispered.

Skjoldr
User ImageSkjoldr hadn't wanted to come to this party his wife's friend was hosting. He didn't know the new captains being feted and he didn't anticipate the evening would be a good time. They usually weren't, if he and his wife were in the same place at the same time. He had said as much to her when he suggested that she go alone, but that had been an unacceptable proposal, apparently and they'd fought and he'd told her to leave or else. He didn't really have an or else, but he hadn't needed one. She'd left.

Now, more than an hour later, Skjoldr's temper had cooled enough that he could acknowledge the necessity of his presence, even if it was a brief appearance. Naaja and Lyti were good friends, and she was going for that reason. As Naaja's husband, he was expected to have at least a functionally friendly relationship with her friends. And, in truth, he didn't dislike Lyti. She was the most likable of Naaja's friends.

So he had decided to go, only to realize upon arrival that he had made a mistake. His wife was nowhere to be seen.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:14 am
User Image

Bryndis grinned with wicked amusement at Sebor's response, but the approach of the newcomer - Hypnotika - prevented her from responding. Not that she had much of a response to offer.

Bryn's smile only widened at Hypnotika's statement; the two seemed to have a lot in common. Though Bryn did wonder if her desire wasn't more for power and pride than for riches or praise. The dark lioness definitely wanted all of those things, but she felt that loot was at the end of the list.

"Well said. I hope someday we find ourselves viking together. All of us," Bryndis acknowledged with a nod to each of her fellow females. Being in a group like this made her all the more certain of her decision to rise to Reaver status - an older but impressive Reaver, a newly appointed Captain, and a Freeborn with a hunger for more, females all. It made her blood boil and her paws itch for adventure.

SilverLutz

Tanakako

Talencia

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:40 pm
Kekäle
User ImageIt was really embarrassing to have to be dragged to your own party, Kekäle thought to himself as he carefully placed one foot in front of the other and made his way slowly to the vast celebration his mother had insisted on throwing for him and Svana upon his promotion to the rank of captain.

It wasn't that Käle was reluctant to go, or anything like that. He just felt really, really sick and the idea of attending a typical Stormborn celebration, with all the noise and violence and food made him want to curl up and die. However, when she found him Asoiaf had explained to him that he was just going to have to tough it out because their mother would be completely mortified if he didn't put in an appearance.

Soja had also pointed out that he could just slip in, pretend to eat something, and listen to stories all evening, and that didn't sound impossible, so here he was, intending to do just as his sister had suggested. He just hoped things worked out that way.

Skjoldr
User ImageSkjoldr's initial thought upon arriving and seeing that his wife didn't seem to be present had been to ask her friend Lyti if she had seen her. He had quickly dismissed the notion, however, as it was likely the lioness would lie to him if she thought it would be in Naaja's best interest that she do so. Like if Naaja had arrived bearing some story that he'd behaved brutishly toward her, or if she had sneaked off somewhere with her perfect former fiance. He had no doubt that Lyti would lie and claim ignorance of Naaja's whereabouts, in that case.

But that didn't mean he was completely without options. Skjoldr's wife was well-known in the pride, and would probably be the only member of her family present. It would be simple enough to ask any lion if they had seen her, and where she had been when they did, if they had. The fact that there was a pair of lions drawing near right now was particularly convenient.

"Have you seen Naaja Njalsdottir this evening?" he asked them.

Asoiaf
User ImageSoja had been horrified to find her brother collapsed on the ground, sick and weak and miserable. Her first instinct had been to run to their mother or Txur and get them to take care of Käle, but that wasn't a good option, she realized right away. Instead she had bullied him into standing and walking and attending his party, which she actually felt guilty about doing, but didn't regret. He deserved to be celebrated, and their mother deserved the opportunity to boast about her most successful cubs.

"We're almost there," she murmured to Käle just as a dark-coated lion approached them and asked about their mother's friend Naaja.

Distracted by her brother's condition, Soja didn't even give the large lion a second glance before replying, "She's here somewhere. I saw her speaking to my mother earlier. Good luck."

Then she had continued walking, reluctant to slow her pace until she could present her brother to their mother and reassure her that everything was all right. Minus the part about her brother apparently feeling like he would like to die. That wasn't all right, but it was manageable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:11 pm
User Image Hypnotika's hunger for treasure and glory made Sebor grin a bit wider. It seemed the group of females gathered were all quite like-minded. They'd be quite the force to be reckoned with if they ever went out a-Viking together. As if reading her mind, Bryndis vocalized those thoughts which made Sebor nod.

"My daughters might enjoy tagging along," she added, knowing that at least Fastny would certainly be interested. A Reaver herself, she wasn't as interested in the glory and the treasure as the rest of them were, but rather the adventure

Tanakako

Rennekae

Talencia

User Image "Better than the boys, for sure," Runa agreed as she walked along with her sister, the two dark grin markings on their faces making them look far more mischievous than they were acting, which was really saying something. She eyed the pile of plants and wrinkled her nose a bit, still confused as to why grown lions would like eating plants. All the leaves she had munched on had been pretty gross.

"How about you go grab some and I'll be lookout?" she said as they paused a few paces from the pile. No one was really looking at them, but if anyone turned to head in their direction she could give her sister a quick yip and they'd dash away faster than any adult could catch. Hopefully.

AstoriaFallen

Princess_Feylin

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:59 am
Asoiaf
User ImageAfter taking Käle to see check in with their mother, who had been considerably irked at his extreme tardiness, although his obvious predicament mollified her somewhat, Soja scanned the assemblage, looking for their sister Svana's red coat.

In the time since her departure, it seemed Svana and Bryndis had been joined by two more lionesses, one with a red coat that almost seemed like it should fit into their family, and the other familiar in the way that a person you've recently seen is familiar. Right! She'd passed the lioness on her way to find Käle. Mystery solved.

"I found Svana," she said to Käle, who was looking around at all the excitement as if he wanted to bash his head against a rock. "Before we go over, though, how about you try putting on a different face. One that looks like a proud captain, maybe, instead of a cub's smacked bottom."

Perhaps she could have been more pleasant in addressing Käle, but there was a threshold for tenderness and compassion, and Soja had just about reached hers for the evening, which meant she would probably turn snappish and snarky soon. Woe betide the person who provoked her!

Kekäle
User Image"Is this better?" Käle asked, making the least attractive face he could come up with. From Soja's disgusted reaction, it had been pretty awful. Yay. Really, it was hard to conjure up much in the way of enthusiasm, even for annoying his foul-tempered and easily riled sister.

Käle's ears were ringing, which made everything he heard sound like it was coming from far away, but at the same time every sound made his head ache. Thankfully, the sun was pretty much down, so there was little natural light to torture his eyes, but he suspected anything harsher than the glow of the moon would be enough to make him curl up in misery, whether or not he had an audience for it. And those discomforts were nothing compared to the turmoil in his gut.

"I'm ready. Let's do this," he said resignedly, putting on his good face and forcing himself to walk like a normal person, and not a lion whose joints and muscles ached like he'd been beaten, dragged through the surf, and made to climb back to the Stronghold. That said, by the time he and Soja reached their sisters and the two lionesses with them, he probably seemed downright jovial.

"It's a good day to die," he greeted the lionesses.

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Talencia

Tanakako

Tallskog
User ImageTall closed his eyes in frustration. This was not a new conversation he and Naaja were having, and it was not an argument he tended to win. Twice since her marriage had he managed to overcome her objections and convince her to spend a few blissful, intimate hours with him, the memories of which were undoubtedly the best he could recall, bar none. Tonight he didn't want to argue with her, no matter how much he wanted to repeat those stolen moments. He was content just to be with her for now.

"You couldn't disappoint, Naaja. You have already done more for your family than any three of your siblings combined. But I won't push you. If you're concerned about being seen together and the repercussions, I'll leave. It's more important that you attend this party than that I do."

Not really one for intrigue, Tall wondered if he ought to stop and congratulate the new captains and whatever family he could easily find so that people could say he was there, but nowhere near Naaja, or if he should just disappear as if he had never been there at all. This was the sort of scheming Naaja excelled at, but he didn't want to ask her. In truth, he was distracted by the fact she had finally closed the minute space between them and rested her head against his mane.

Naaja
User ImageIt had been too much for Naaja. Tall was not a lion inclined to tenderness. She knew this. And yet when they were alone in these clandestine encounters he was far sweeter and more tender with her than she had ever experienced, even during the final days of their betrothal, when they had finally begun to make plans for their wedding. When he had told her she couldn't disappoint, unconsciously soothing one of her deepest fears, she had not been able to resist her desire for contact any longer and taken that final step so that she could lean into him and breathe his scent through his mane, recalling other, happier times.

"Don't go," she said softly. "Not yet, please."

There was no chance of anything illicit happening tonight. There were too many people and too many unknown factors, like her husband's present whereabouts. But that didn't mean Naaja couldn't sneak a few brief minutes of mixed torture and delight just being near the lion she had almost married.

Her moment was interrupted by a stomach-sinkingly familiar voice snarling, "I knew it!"

Skjoldr
User ImageSkjoldr couldn't truthfully claim that he didn't know what it was that had drawn him to this dark outcropping of rocks. Perhaps it was the knowledge that it would afford him a comprehensive view of the party proceedings from which to watch for his wife's arrival. Perhaps. But more likely it was the flash of a vision that told him if he went there, he would find Naaja. Unlike most of his visions, this one had been too quick for him to get more than the impression that he would be in that place when he located his wife, but he tended to trust his visions.

As he drew near he heard voices, both known to him, although one more familiar than the other. His vision had been correct: he had found his wife by coming to this dark corner. It had neglected to mention that he would find her cuddling up to Tallskog, the captain to whom she always compared him whenever they fought. Or when they weren't fighting. He could always see her weighing and measuring him against Tallskog's standard, and so far as he knew, he always came up wanting in her comparisons.

His foul mood from earlier, which he had almost managed to subdue, rushed back and he was barely aware of it when he snarled, "I knew it!" Really, the pair was lucky he hadn't just gone in with teeth and claws bared, he would later reflect.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:25 am
Svana
User Image Flanked by her sister and the older reaver Sabor, Svana didn’t consider the fact that another lioness may be intimidated, after all her sister was still a freeborn, so it wasn’t as if they were all of them violent fighters in the group. Looking attentively at the newcomer she grinned in response. "Greetings Hypnotika. Anyone waiting to be a reaver is to be admired. If you want to come along with me and my band some time, just ask. I'm always happy to have a fellow lioness along." In truth, Svana had enough reavers on any given day for a decent viking, but she never saw any reason not to bring a new lion or lioness along. The more the merrier was her view of such things.

Listening to Sabor and her sister for a moment Svana suddenly barked a laugh, shaking her head. "Well! That settles it!" She grinned round the small band, pale eyes alight with mischief and expectation. "I propose an all-female viking soon! I'm sure I can find a day when Kekale is busy and I know my reavers wont mind a day at home to rest." Chuckling she looked round the group for confirmation. Even if only taking females left her under-strength, she could simply plan accordingly. And maybe some of the freelance reaver females would want to join for the expedition.

Just then her attention was caught by the very familiar figure of two more of her siblings. Soja, returning with the other person this little shindig had been put on for. "Kekale!" She greeted happily, moving thrugh the ltitle gathering to rub her cheek against her brother's, tail crling over her back happily. Stepping back with the intention of returning his greeting she paused, brows lifting at the sight of him. He was clearly very, very ill though he was obviously putting on a brave face. Frowning a little she made a mental note to get him alone asap and find out what was wrong. He should be at home resting. Huffing with fond exasperation she stepped back. Only her brother would get falling-down-sick on the day of his own party.

"Brother, this is Hypnotika, and Sebor." She motioned to each of the non-family lionesses as she said their names by way of an introduction.

SlverLutz

Renekae

Talenca

Princess_Feyln

(Sorry I dropped the ball guys, busy week/weekend)

Kizuka
User Image
Watching her thrall as Kiso chased about after the escaping fruit, she shook her head in frustration. The female was sweet and gentle and Kizuka was glad she had saved her, the poor thing was completely incapable of looking after herself in any siuation. But sometimes Kizuka really did wonder why she had bothered. Kiso did her best but she was like a cub, needing constant supervision for anything other than the most basic tasks. She had considered handing Kiso off to another several times, but in the end she had kept her, and didn't really understand why. She did know one thing though, she wanted Kiso to have cubs. Baby thralls she could train properly, and who hopefully would have a bit more upstairs than their sweet but mentally challanged mother. It would also make things easier when she herself had a litter, as she would have a wetnurse already in the den. Tilting her head she looked round the party. Surely someone here had to have a male thrall with the right qualities -namely mental- that would do? She should start asking around some time..

Kiso
User Image
Kiso watched her mistress once the fruit was safely piled, her sack cape resting over her back. Kizuka seemed content to simply watch for now, though her expression was a mix of annoyance and calculation. Kiso had learned pretty quickly not to inturupt her Mistress when the lioness was thinking. It usually earned her a swift paw to the shoulder or rump. Instead she slowly moved to crouch, and then lay down. She wasn't sure if she was allowedto, but her front paws hurt from walking strangly with the bag and she hoped a short rest wouldn't upset her Mistress too badly.

Kizuka's flicking tail caught Kiso's attention after a while and she looked back up at her Mistress, having been watching the party with fasination. The reaver was staring at a few of the thralls hurrying about, a contemplative look on her hard features. Kiso felt a knot of worry form in the pit of her belly. Was her Mistress unhappy with her? Was she considering replacing Kiso with another thrall? Nerves twisting unhappily she lost her pleasure in watching the party and let he rhead sink miserably to her paws, staring pleadingly at her Mistress. Don't get rid of me...

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:39 am
Asoiaf
User ImageLike her brother, Soja nodded to each of the lionesses as they were introduced. Hypnotika was the one who looked like she might be part of the family and Sebor was the one whose interesting markings had caught her eye on her way to find Käle.

Soja was aware that she had little to contribute to the conversation that would follow, and she was confident that Svana would be more than up to the task of making sure their brother didn't overexert himself. She had not failed to observe Svana's noticing Käle's condition. Even so, she elected not to remove herself from the conversation. She had been the one to drag Käle here, and she felt responsible for him.

"Did I really hear you planning an all female viking band, Svana?" she asked, feigning interest to spare Käle having to make conversation.

Kekäle
User ImageKäle returned Svana's greeting, leaning into her a little more than he usually would, perhaps, as though off-balance. When they parted, he wondered how bad he looked, given the way Svana had regarded him after they exchanged their greetings. Nonetheless he nodded greetings to Hypnotika and Sebor, continuing to smile as though nothing was wrong, although he was privately relieved that Soja seemed to be in an uncharacteristically conversational mood this evening.

His eyes wandered from their cluster to observe others present. The sea air was invigorating when it blew against him, but it unfortunately carried with it the scent of meat and mint, which made his stomach churn fiercely. Viciously he reminded himself that he had been more uncomfortable in his life, and he would come through this. He just had to make it through this evening without embarrassing himself or his family too badly.

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Talencia

Tanakako

Tallskog
User ImageAny pleasure Tallskog might have felt when Naaja asked him not to go instantaneously flickered into a rage that was almost akin to pleasure when he realized they had been found out by Naaja's husband. It might have been perverse to feel pleasure in this moment, but Tall could not help feeling that this was a confrontation which had been a long time coming, but was truly inevitable.

"Then I must credit you with more intelligence than I have hitherto believed," he replied with a snarl curling at the edges of his words. "I never had any doubt that you were a cretinous b*****d."

While he spoke Tall maneuvered himself so that he stood between the enormous blue freeborn and Naaja. His Naaja soon, if this encounter played out as he sincerely hoped it would. Perhaps he would even be afforded the opportunity to kill Skjoldr tonight. That would be glorious.

Naaja
User ImageBlood pounded in Naaja's veins, so fast and so hard she could barely hear anything else. Given Tall was making an effort to antagonize her husband, her temporary state of partial deafness was probably for the best, or else she might suffer a nervous attack.

It was only when she realized how Tall had managed to place himself before her, shielding her should Skjoldr become violent, that she was able to focus fully on what was going on, becoming fully present and in the moment rather than losing herself to thoughts of disaster. This was a moment she had feared and imagined many times, but she still felt unprepared for reality.

She was even less prepared to hear what her husband said next, nor for the rush of shame and the instantaneous urge to beg forgiveness of him upon hearing it.

Skjoldr
User Image"I will divorce you for adultery, slut," he snarled to Naaja as she hid behind Tallskog. "And you, Tallskog Gavedson, I challenge to a holmgang for your part in my wife's broken troth."

He did not look at Naaja again after issuing his challenge. Theirs had ever been an unhappy marriage, begun badly and never much improved, but the fact of the matter was that she had moments where she was appealing, and they had shared some passionate moments in the course of fulfilling their marital obligations which had left him with more tenderness toward his wife than he could afford to feel in this moment.

It occurred to him, dimly, that Tallskog might be able to make the claim that as a reaver it would be unfair for him to accept a challenge from a freeborn, but it seemed incredibly unlikely to Skjoldr that Tallskog would do so. It was clear that he was angling for a confrontation, spoiling for a fight, and Skjoldr found himself more than happy to oblige.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:19 pm
User Image

Bryn looked up as her brother and sister approached; her ears perked forward and a happy smile spread across her lips as she recognized the pelts. She thought to push forward and greet Kale as Svana had, but reconsidered as she watched him. Her brother seemed positively unhealthy, and while she wanted to check on him, rubbing muzzles might lead to her feeling like he looked. She quirked an eyebrow in concerned curiosity and padded forward.

Bryndis reached her brother and pushed her muzzle into the fur on his shoulder - still affectionate, right? Gods, he's warm! Like a second sun. She pulled back and narrowed her eyes at Kale.

"Congratulations, brother. Hopefully you feel better soon so you can actually enjoy your position." Bryn flicked Kale with her tail and turned as Soja spoke. "You heard right! Well, at least for one trip."

Bryn stopped short before inviting her sister to tag along; with a Captain and a senior Reaver in the group, she felt it was kind of inappropriate to be inviting others. Even if it was their sister. Maybe she was being ridiculous but she didn't want to step on any paws.

Princess_Feylin

Tanakako

SilverLutz

[OOC - Sorry for being out for so long; just getting back into the swing of things from eye muscle surgery. I'm hopefully going to be more active now.]  

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:04 pm
User Image It wasn't long before two more lions joined the group, this time a male among them. From the conversation she gathered it was the second newly appointed Captain, which made her smile just a bit. She wasn't about to belittle someone's accomplishment due to their gender, of course, and even though Käle seemed a bit overwhelmed and under the weather, she didn't doubt the joy of the day would settle upon him.

"Congratulations on your new rank," Sebor said, offering him a little bob of her head in recognition. "It's no easy feat to claim that title and I'm sure you'll wear it well."

She glanced back at the females, an interested look on her face. "I'll come along, certainly. Just tell me the time and the place and I'll be sure to join you." A female-only outing would certainly be enjoyable in her way of thinking.

Princess_Feylin

Tanakako

Rennekae

Talencia

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:48 am
Kekäle
User Image"Thank you...Sebor, was it?" Käle smiled sheepishly at Bryn and insisted, "I'm fine. I just got an early start on the mint and some fermented fruit. I think some of the fruit might've actually gone bad rather than fermenting though."

"It sounds to me like I'm going to have to find my own band after all," he said a little more snippily than was perhaps necessary. "As I definitely lack some essential parts to be included in your plans, Svana."

He bit his tongue before he could say anything more. The lionesses were just talking. The fact that their talk was centered on plans to exclude him from a viking with his co-captain was hurtful and mildly offensive, but nothing to start a fight over. He and Svana could discuss it later, when they didn't have an audience.

Still, he would welcome a change of subject, but he wasn't sure what to propose. He looked hopefully to his sister Soja, who he could sense growing sullen again, wondering if she would provide a new topic.

Asoiaf
User ImageThere was a part of Soja that almost wanted Svana to ask her to come along on the viking, but she was a very proud lioness, and it was simply beyond her to ask for favors of that nature. She could surely find some other reaver to take her viking, assuming she really wanted to go. She wasn't certain that she did. Not as much as she just kind of wanted to be included in her family's doings. So, rather than ask if she could come along, Soja stayed silent and provided Käle with someone to pretend not to lean against as he spoke.

At least, she did for a while, until she noticed things getting loud and angry in another part of the celebration. A pair of lions, one familiar to her only as the lion who had asked after the location of her mother's friend Naaja and the other a stranger, had squared off as though they were about to fight. From the snarling and the deeply alarmed look on the Naaja's face, she'd been found, and not in a good position.

"What do you think that's about?" she said, interrupting the conversation and nodding toward the brewing fight.

Rennekae

SilverLutz

Talencia

Tanakako

Tallskog
User ImageTall's grin was wide enough that it seemed likely to split his skull. It also managed to show of just about all of his sharp teeth. This was exactly what he wanted, he realized as he felt the fierce grin spreading across his face. The possibility of refusing the challenge didn't occur to him for even a hint of an instant.

"I accept your challenge Skjoldr Kazulson," he answered, puttinga sneer into his snarl as he emphasized the fact that Skjoldr had no father to claim, and had only his mother's name. It was petty, of course, but Tall wanted to make sure that his opponent was blinded by fury when they fought.

"As the challenged I name now the time and the fight to...submission." He was sure that it would still end up a fight to the death, but at least by saying submission he wouldn't sound crazed.

Naaja
User Image"No!" Naaja exclaimed, forgetting that she was at a public gathering and raising her voice as if it would have any effect on the two lions facing off before her.

"I will not contest the divorce, Skjoldr, but please don't do this," she pleaded. "This isn't necessary."

Naaja was not surprised when her husband and her would-be lover ignored her, but she felt she had to keep trying to minimize the damage that would be done. When Tall said the fight would be to submission her stomach turned and she thought she might throw up. She knew what that meant, given the lions involved. Either one would die rather than submit.

"Third blood," she insisted, forcing her way between the pair. "Third. Blood. Nonlethal wounds only. Please."

Skjoldr
User ImageSkjoldr felt a rush of adrenaline flood his body, surging over the first one that had brought him to issue his challenge. He gave no thought to whether he would fare well in this match, a freeborn versus a captain. Skjo was the son of a god and a fierce lioness reaver who had raised him to fight viciously and to hate the family of the lion he had challenged. This would all work out fine.

He scowled at the delay his wife caused, imposing herself between him and Tallskog so that they could not immediately attack and then demanding that the terms of the holmgang be altered to something safer. Nonlethal. It was emasculating. And yet he was forced to watch in disgust as his opponent acquiesced to Naaja's request, changing the terms before Skjo could accept the initial terms put forth.

"I accept your terms," Skjo spat.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:55 pm
[Valka Freeborn]
User Image As she danced through the crowd with her sister she glanced around for a moment and then gave her a nod of her head. "Okay, that sounds like a great idea." She said as her sister got into position and she glanced around for a moment. She could carry a large amount in her mouth but she wanted to grab more than that. She then spotted some scraps of skin and snagged a piece up and started putting some of the mint into it and then grabbed the ends and picked the pouch up in her mouth and came up next to her sister and gave her a small nudge on her shoulder and a wink. She was ready to go.

[Njörðr (Njord) Freeborn]
User Image "Well that's no fun of them." He said with a shake of his head. "I have two other sisters and one brother, but they didn't see us sneak out." He said with a sly smile as they approached the pile of meat. "I think all of it looks good, I say we just grab what we can and be off with it." He said trying to find a large enough piece that he could still carry and would also feed his sisters. Finding a nice slab he grabbed it in his mouth and turned to the other two boys to see if they were ready.

SilverLutz

Princess_Feylin

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas