Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mindsend's little hangout

Back to Guilds

Just a place to put info. 

Tags: Quests, References, profiles, Artwork, Breedables 

Reply Herd Concepts
mockup for Reenactment faire herd (existing/Invite only) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:48 pm
Alrighty,

Here's some basic forms to start off with...would love to know if there's anything that should be added to any of the areas!

Request To Join

Soq Name:
Soq Image: (Please post cert)

Background Info:
______Born at the Faire?:
______Born elsewhere?:
____________If so, from where?:
____________Were /Are they in another Herd?:
____________Why did they decide to join the Troupe?:
______Lifemated or living relatives?:
____________If so, would they be interested in joining currently or in the future?: (Please list with linked images if interested)
______Other Info?:

Faire Info:
______What role would they be interested in?:
______Skills they have?:
______Skills that you would like them to see them develop?

Brief Personality Description:

Timeline:
______Currently, do you intend them to stay with the herd for their full lifespan?:
____________If not, what plans do you have in store for them?:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our Herd Wishes To Host

Herd Name (s):
Link to Herd Thread / Guild if applicable:

Background Info:
______Currently how many members in the herd?:
______What Beliefs does the herd follow?:
______Other Info?:

Territory Info:
______Size?:
______Environmental Region / Climate?:
______Other Info?:

Neighboring Herds:
______Any herds bordering Hosting Herd's lands?:
____________Are they Allies, Neutral or Aggressive?:

Hosting Info:
______Are there any customs that the Troupe would need to follow?:
______Would there be any Ceremonies / Festivals during the Troupe's stay?:
______Would the herd be interested in Solo or Group RP's?:
______Can the herd provide any assistance to the Troupe?:
______Would the herd be interested in a future alliance?:
____________ If yes, would they like a return visit from the Troupe?

I want to Help OOC!

Username:

What you want to assist with:
______Graphics?:
____________If yes, for what?:
______Map / Route Mockups?:
______Write Ups?:
____________Guild?:
____________Front Page?:
____________Other?:
______RP Related?:
____________Making Speech Bubbles?:
____________DMing a scene?:
______Directing or explaining for host herds / new members?
______Other?:

One Time or ongoing assistance?

I have a Meta-idea

Username:

______Do you currently own a Troupe member?
______Would this event include the host herd or solely the Troupe?
______If a host, which herd?
______Would you be interested in helping set up the event?
______How long would the event last?
______Would this be a Troupe altering Meta-idea?

Description of event?:

I have news from my characters

Usernames of those involved:
Names of Soq involved:
Current place in the group timeline:

Looking For Plots / RP

Soq Name:
Soq Image: (Please post cert)

Interested In:
______RP?:
______Plots?:

Looking For:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:49 pm
mindsend

I'd like to see some more info about daily life, when they're not putting on shows etc.

more info on Merchants vs Traders would be good, also some sort of list, to show who's in what role currently, i know they can switch roles sometimes but member count, of those of us who are already in/have Lapsangs we're already putting in here XD  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:21 pm
I think the membership forms we're posting will be a good way to pull a short list of what vendors/artisans we have and if they're more in the merchant/trader way of things.

But I guess a "Day in the Life of" would need 2 versions, the "When Traveling" and "At Home" ? And will certain vendors want to sit part of the "circle" out? Or if you're in a partnership, do you guys switch half way through and whomever was home shows up to sell and whomever was selling goes home to craft?
The possibilities are endless. ninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:51 pm
*got distracted from Revel's questions but*

I wrote out the opening Ceremony (Under Shows/Entertainment in the Main Venues post)
Quote:
Opening Ceremony: The first true show is also the one used to open up the main part of the faire up, the official start of the faire in all its Glory. Music, singing and dancing around the maypole symbolizing the four groups that make up the Traveling Reenactment Faire (The original symbol a Spear with a pennant with the logo of the lapsang war, the flowers of clearspring Valley, the bells of the the desert, and the tradition of Dreamwalk Village to weave maypoles for important events as a sign of welcome), leading up to the final act, where Familiars -- traditionally raccoons -- take the ribbons and ride on the backs of soquili companions, weaving between each other rapidly. About half way down the pole they slow to a stop. At which point, the Raccoon Riders hold the ribbons tight with the help of the soquili they are riding on, and other raccoons climb the ribbons about mid way, looping the ribbon under their tail before they're lowered to the poles. The dance continues then from up high, the Acrobats leaping over and under each other in the air until they touch the ground ,the ribbons secured with bows. Flowers are then piled up at the base of the pole.

As a safety precaution during the acrobat scene, aerial members large and quick enough to catch them stay close by: this tends to be a team of eagles that 'dance' with the acrobats, able to stay close enough to catch them without blocking the view. Originally it was just a standard maypole dance, and some faires will do that to end it instead, but the adrenaline driven stunt show eventually became a tradition after the Acrobats and Stunt Team got the proposal approved.

AND I thought you guys would be entertained to how it likely became a tradition as I wrote it in a chat with Latonia

Quote:
~Latonia de la Courtel~ 11:34 pm
Love the sound of the Opening Ceremony. The stunt show sounds like part "silks" act, and I love those

MINDSEND 11:34 pm
*nod* Originally it was just the main dance and then they wind up the maypole.
normal dancy dancy
"yay we do the maypole skip skip skip"

~Latonia de la Courtel~ 11:34 pm
XDD

MINDSEND 11:35 pm
Then the stunt and acrobat team went "We have an idea and have been practicing it..."

MINDSEND 11:36 pm
Had the band that was working with them play the song for the act and went through it and when it was done the person explaining the parts then stated "And as they secure the ribbons that when the usual bringing of the silk flowers bit starts to give resolution.."

MINDSEND 11:45 pm
And the council goes "Wow. We will have to ask you to perform that for a general poll since this is changing part of the tradition but..."
"We think this would make a great addition to the opening ceremony, especially the bigger ones. We may want to keep the old one for smaller venues...."
"We'll need to write a story to go with it.. *starry eyed* Something simple, maybe even wordless... but its just ripe with possible symbology representing different aspects of it.. "

"The soquili members could be in full traditional war armor -scuffed and used and splattered with blood-paint, the raccoon Riders dressed like spirits -- perhaps frightfully so: The Ghosts of Wars past... Then the ones that climb the ribbons could be dressed like the spirits of spring -- of healing and life...."
*counsel chatters with each other excitedly. Soquili stunsoq Holds a hoof up and Raccoon stunt-rider and Acrobats both fistbump it, knowing they got it bagged.*

Mindsend
LydaLynn
Yumitoko II
~Latonia de la Courtel~
FitzRoyal
Sabin Duvert

mindsend
Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

mindsend
Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:57 pm
Some discussions/RP about different things

Future changes and some details of the "Duman the Undefeated" Show (/W Kitsune Mistress Nyoko)
Quote:
MINDSEND 1:15 am
She could have had a crush on Yilmaz growing up but too shy to really be around him maybe?

NYOKO1:16 am
That certainly works! I could definitely see her crushing on him pretty hard, and once she settled in as a fortune teller, flinging with him.

MINDSEND 1:17 am
XD Latonia has a quest that grew up near where he lives and they 'dated' when they were foals (Innocent kiddy dating trying to mimic adults) but work better as friends....

There's going to be a Betting pool about how often people ask if they're (and a few other groups) Are related

NYOKO1:17 am
Probably just an on-again-off-again or even a Friends With Benefits situation?

MINDSEND 1:17 am
*nod*

NYOKO1:17 am
Pregnancy wasn't really Hinata's intention, but she'll be positively giddy to have kids of her own and will probably break the news to Yilmaz at THE WORST TIME.
Like during a break of hers, she meets him backstage before one of his performances and she just
"Oh! By the way. I'm pregnant. And they're yours."

MINDSEND 1:19 am
XD Shows up and just goes "YILMAZ I'M PREGNANT!" To him while he's practcing a stuntshow. ""WHUT? *runs right off the edge of the stage and tumbles*

NYOKO1:19 am
SHE FEELS SO BAD ABOUT IT AFTER
Like, she didn't MEAN to cause an accident

MINDSEND 1:20 am
Or "Wha-*punch aimed at him he's supposed to duck actually connects and knocks him out*"
XDDD

NYOKO1:20 am
Shall I go ahead and post the agreement and toss you the link? ouo

MINDSEND 1:20 am
Just so excited she runs in shouting it before realizing what they're doing XD
Sure!

NYOKO1:21 am
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=168&t=23696151#375008759
She is like
NINE BILLION EXCITES

NYOKO1:21 am
She makes up for it with cuddles later, I'm sure

MINDSEND 1:23 am
XD OH OH I KNOW: -- a stage kick connects while he's rearing because he starts going down prematurely, not enough to break anything but enough to send him tumbling behind the stage, knocking the set down on top of him. After a few seconds as the dust settles, you hear an "IM OKAY -- A LITTLE HELP?" from the bottom of the pile

NYOKO1:23 am
PERFECT

NYOKO1:23 am
Hinata feels so bad
She got Yilmaz all bruised and they probably have to cancel that show for the day since the set got knocked down

MINDSEND 1:24 am
XD It was likely a pre-opening costume rehearsal considering
THOUGH it would be even more hillarious if it was live
So live it is.

NYOKO1:25 am
YES GOOD
SHE WAS JUST
SO EXCITED.

MINDSEND 1:25 am
Audience gets a once in a lifetime show.

No repeat performances, folks!

Omg though the audience compliments them after and, set destruction aside, they really enjoyed it
SO SURPRISE PREGNANCY ANNOUNCEMENT BECOMES ANOTHER PERFORMANCE

MINDSEND 1:32 am
repeat stuntshows on that set get canceled for a bout a week as they rebuild the set.

NYOKO1:33 am
AGAIN, HINATA FEELS SO BAD ABOUT THAT.
Neither her nor Yilmaz will ever live it down but hey, they got a new act out of it!

MINDSEND 1:33 am
But! Like you said, After the year is up its proposed as a show thing and they build another set that is made to have a CONTROLED Collapse

NYOKO1:33 am
YES GOOD

MINDSEND 1:34 am
Its not Yilmaz or Hinata for it, but they find a way to fit it into a story.

NYOKO1:34 am
*nod*

MINDSEND 1:35 am
or maybe it is Yilmaz's show but its one of the 'challengers' that actually give him a challenge and its not the entire set just PART of the set.

NYOKO1:36 am
*nod*

MINDSEND 1:36 am
So that way the show can continue from that point
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=168&t=23696151#375008805 btw approved

NYOKO1:36 am
Part of the set would probably be easier to "rebuild" between shows
THANK. I will work on their breeding form!

MINDSEND 1:38 am
*nod* likely part of it thats the part they fall into is behind another part of the set, and the foley team of the show makes sounds of stuff breaking as the taller set piece wobbles and sways and then they control the fall so its in the far back of it all. And it creates a wooden platform people could stand on as part of the show.

NYOKO1:39 am
*nod* Part of the gag could even be two familiars being "exposed" as having created all the noise!

MINDSEND 1:39 am
XD yes.

MINDSEND 1:40 am
The thing in front of them falls over flat gainst the ground and they're standing there looking sort of wild eyed and startled.
before slinking away, first a few steps before skittering away rapidly

NYOKO1:41 am
YES, EXACTLY.

MINDSEND 1:43 am
Of course, one of the show gags is that Squirrel challenges him And actually gives him a hell of a hard time. They start out poses on top of the new platform to make their challenge (from the now lit up backstage curtains at first before the step out, so they look massive at first against the entrance
And at first Duman simply laughs and tries to convince them they should be picking on someone their own size...

Then a Puss in Boots vs shrek moment.
with Duman eventually winning but just holding the Squirrel out with one wingclaw by the harness on their costume as they continue to chitter angrily

NYOKO1:45 am
YES

MINDSEND 1:45 am
They are then put under a basket and have a rock put on top of it (there's an escape hole for them) ANd occasionally you just hear angry chittering whenever there's a joke about nuts and everyone on stage looks at the basket (he uses acoustic megaphone to amplify it further over everything else)
(nuts, squirrels, etc)

NYOKO1:46 am
Yessssss, omg

MINDSEND 1:47 am
To another 'challenger': "You're positively Squirrely!"
"*angry chittering and psudo-swears, everyone looks at basket before continuing*"

Things Customers say/Do Betting pool /w Latonia

Quote:
LATONIA 12:09 am
I'm still working on my quest girl, I kinda worry if I do wings with claws (mutant as you suggested) she's gonna look like she's a sister to Duman XD

MINDSEND12:11 am
XD Pfft. Well if thats the case than Duman looks like a relative of the pureblooded Swamp'suti herdhelper I did o3o

LATONIA12:11 am
I mean, she's night black too

MINDSEND12:11 am
You can have similar themes and colors and even edits. And it'd be a funny plot point
people thinking they're related
"what. .No, nonono"

LATONIA12:12 am
fairly solid though, inspired by the night sky? So hopefully stars strewn in her mane and tail, and then otherwise dark body, possibly jewelry XD
"we dated in our younger years that would just be weird"
rofl
Inspiration for her: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/68609594298000986/

MINDSEND12:13 am
"Is that your sister?"
"... what? No."
"Cousin then?"
"noooo no no ew no -- we "dated" each other when we were kids,that'd be incredibly awkward if we were related..."

LATONIA12:13 am
XDD

MINDSEND12:13 am
"oh, I just thought"
"*Squints eyes at* Are you saying All Lapsangs look the same to you?"

LATONIA12:14 am
"Oh now you've done it... You've set him off"
it's this whole elaborate ruse between them
Sova is in on it... Shows up to comfortably pat him "yes yes I know,it's just awful...
(image & poem/song inspiration because I'm so helpful and not able to do a decent color ref for her XD)

MINDSEND12:17 am
Duman: (Not so secretly enjoys making people nervous sometimes cause he can look REALLY intimidating when this comes up) Just because we're similar colors and the same subspecies you think we''ve gotta be related *cracks one wing fist in the palm of another* Are you honestly so blind that-

Soquili: It was an honest mistake you seemed to know each othe-

Duman: *leans in with a heavy lear, eyes sparking and nostrals flaring* rrrr........ *lets them sputter a little before he Grins brightly and throws his head back, laughing heartily before biting his glowing tongue a little as he tries to hold himself back, immediately shifting from angry bitchface to giggly school boy* Your face.......
Soquili: ... *confused nervous looks then chuckles* So.. ah... Does that.. What does...
Duman: No, we're not related -- this just happens a lot so we make a little fun out of it *taps them under the chin with his wing claw*

LATONIA12:19 am
Elentari: *shaking her head* Don't mind him, he mostly harmless. His bark is worse and all that. *pushes his shoulder with one of her wing claws and shakes her head* Brute.

MINDSEND12:25 am
Duman: *lets himself stagger a few steps melodramaticly* hey there -- You of all people know I AM a professionally trained warrior and martial artist. Generations down. *puffs chest out proudly* I was originally hired as a guard when the Reenactment society decided to send a traveling faire out into the new territory that had opened up to keep you guys safe from the 'hunters'.

MINDSEND12:28 am
*Mostly known as Yilmaz but tends to go by "Duman", his family name, when being a 'meanie/badass' cause their family are known warriors in their homeland, originally the elite knights of the king before the princes split.. And the family temporarily split up during that time along with it so both sides had their own "Duman" heading forces as generals or champions)

LATONIA12:29 am
Elentari: *gives a bell-like laugh* If I did you any damage at all, mighty warrior, I'll give you a feather to make up for it. *smiles* Yes, and one of the finest we could have asked for, which is why you're such a star.

MINDSEND12:29 am
(So he often goes by Duman when the shows are going on)

LATONIA12:29 am
Sova: Is the war over, can I go back to my kiln now? I have buttons to make for Forest. You two play nice.

MINDSEND12:36 am
Forest: *giggles and grins* At least they gave us a good show, Sova. *to the soquili who started the whole thing* You should be a little more careful -- some of the reenactors in the actual 'war' part of the herd can be a bit more honestly sensitive about such questions -- They wouldnt hurt you but they might try and force you to leave for disturbing the peace, or might just yell at you a lot rather than just puff up like a bladder full of hot air like Yilmaz here-- so it's often best to ask how individuals know each other.

Yilmaz: *blows a raspberry, rolling his eyes.. Which is difficult to tell since its almost entirely uniform in color like a brilliant gemstone, his pupils and irises slightly lighter than the blue of his sclera*
.... *snuggles my smokey pinecone boy* I loves you.
XD He also likely gets the same question with Londyn too.
Lapsang with birdy wings and paint markings

LATONIA12:38 am
Sova: They did indeed. ~Actors~. *she sighs loudly, winking at Yilmaz before wandering off to tend her wares and pull out a selection for Forest* Silly strangers and their talking before thinking.... We should keep a scoreboard for "oh, you aren't related?" incidents.

MINDSEND12:39 am
Yilmaz: I've suggested making it a drinking game to Londyn, but we dont need a drunken airshow....

LATONIA12:39 am
Elentari: *giggles* Oh dear, now we've disturbed the potter which will impact one of our seamstresses... Which means I shall be in trouble by the end of the day, for someone knows someone that trades with me so I can make my candles and lanterns. *blinks at the thought* It could be fun for home... But I'm not sure we want the spectators to know that side of us...
Terhi: *laughs from where he is perched on a branch* If Londyn does try, I want front row seats.

MINDSEND12:43 am
Yilmaz: *grins broadly, flashing his fangs in an open mouthed smile* It'd be pretty easy to set up a tally board with those who it happens to the most behind the scenes. Just little boards we can switch out the number hangers on stating how many times with each individual and a spot for 'other'. There could be a betting pool.
(I Might make this a Behind the scenes thing in the "Day in the life of" Catagory)

LATONIA12:44 am
((Most excellent >D))

LATONIA12:45 am
Elentari: *shakes her head* You had better get some of the raccoons in on it, as spotters and to keep you boys honest. We can make Sova keep the winnings in one of her lidded pots, since she'll want no other part in the madness.

MINDSEND12:45 am
(in the staff areas there are betting pools about how many times certain things happen in an area.. Special ones put aside for "Are you guys siblings?"

LATONIA12:46 am
Terhi: I'd be glad to act as a spotter as well.
((*cackles loudly* Sova would just chuck a bit in any time she heard people speculating about it in the Faire. Just "another one. plink" like a penny in the well. ))

MINDSEND12:48 am
Forest: Cant see the trees could build chest for the keepings and the signs when he has some time.... We could set them up in the chow hall... Or he can keep them at his work station.
(Mind if I post this OOC Chat in the mockup guild as reminder when we're done?)

LATONIA12:49 am
((Feel free! I'm working on posting her form in the quest thread so there is a frame of reference for that))
Terhi: *flutters down to a lower branch with a greeting nod to Forest* If he wouldn't mind, your mate would do the treasure honor. And by the end of it, we would have quite a handsome trove.

LATONIA12:50 am
Sova: *returns having slid some of her trays of wares about and put more in for baking* Oh, yes of Can't See The Trees would help, I wouldn't mind watching the pool or aiding with signs. It would ensure neither of us got too bogged down?

MINDSEND12:56 am
Yilmaz: The counsel would likely need to guard the pool once betting closes. Maybe we can have too pools -- One for the fair as a whole and a weekly bet. We can also do it for other things *picks up one of the cups with his right winghand, hiding the price tag marker in his palm* Like the ever present missing price marker joke of "I guess that means its Free", or perhaps the sleezy *waves the cup over his head like its Mistletoe, smirking with a tilt of his head* "Maybe I Can I pay you with a kiss"
Forest: or the "how much does it cost to take you home?"

LATONIA12:57 am
Sova: If you are hosting the "I guess it is free" event, it should be daily. *winces at Forest's comment, but playfully* I don't think any of us have the heart to hear how many times Yilmaz and London get asked such things. Oh, can we bet on how many ladies will faint?
Elentari: At least half a dozen in Londyn's first show. I swear by my wings. The will swoon as soon as he has landed, and hope he will rush to their aid.

MINDSEND1:01 am
Yilmaz: Boy's really popular after the big show. *grins* We could always make a bet on how many kids I can set into giggle fits with the Nightmare in the after show character meet by pretending to nosh on their parents or Londyn's head
Yilmaz: Always have to be silly with it after being so scary afterwards to keep them from getting traumatized by it after all
(Being so scary before hand*)

LATONIA1:03 am
Elentari: Giggle fits, or giggle fits until the fall -over-? *smiles at him* I think you still have one or two ladies willing to swoon into your charming wings, scary costume or no. Sova and I will keep tabs, and tell you.

LATONIA1:03 am
Sova: He is, I'm sure he thrives on it. *stretches her wings idly* If you will nosh on Londyn's head, do it after some of them have had drinks, will you? Just... because?
Elentari: The spit-takes would be award winning... *nods*

MINDSEND1:04 am
Yilmaz: Naaaah -- I'll save the drinks for biting his butt. *winks*

LATONIA1:05 am
Sova: *can't help but burst into giggles at this, shaking her head* Oh, please do. And let me get one of the apprentices to watch my booth so I can be there. I can't bear to miss it.

LATONIA1:21 am
Elentari: It would be quite a spectacle, that I cannot argue. We should make sure that Forest has her fabrics well out of reach, just in case.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:20 pm
I think it's likely Thiel tends to be somewhere near Yilmaz or Hinata whenever shows are going on after that to make sure there isn't an unintentional repeat after the pregnancy announcement. And she makes sure a couple familiars pay attention when Hinata is getting close to delivering so she makes sure Yilmaz isnt startled by the news at an inopportune time again.  

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:43 pm
XD  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:34 pm
AstoriaFallen
MIND: I wanna be part of the Mailing list!

Mindsend

Request To Join

Pet Name: Aveline
Pet Image:
User Image

Background Info:
______Born at the Faire?: No
______Born elsewhere?: Yes
____________If so, from where?: Currently not sure. Hadn't really thought about that one yet.
____________Were /Are they in another Herd?: Nope
____________Why did they decide to join the Troupe?: She stumbled across them in her travels and decided she'd do what she could to help them out if they'd accept her. ^^
______Lifemated or living relatives?: No / Yes
____________If so, would they be interested in joining currently or in the future?: I'd have to ask them.
______Other Info?: Not that I can think of.

Faire Info:
______What role would they be interested in?: Most likely something with the stagecraft.
______Skills they have?: She really doesn't know. She hasn't tired to do much, but she likes to help!
______Skills that you would like them to see them develop? I'd like to see her become better at crafting! Sure she has hooves and not claws or paws but she can still do stuff with her mouth. (paint, sew -most likely poorly- and stuff like that).

Brief Personality Description: Aveline is a little aloof and not all there at times. Despite all this she means well. Most others find her odd or strange but she's quite friendly and loving once you get to know her. She will occasionally get lost in her thoughts and drift away from reality so you have to pull her back in sometimes but she is helpful whenever she's 'grounded' so to speak.

Timeline:
______Currently, do you intend them to stay with the herd for their full lifespan?: Most likely. The only way it would change is if she meets someone in their travels and they don't want to stay with the herd with her so she leaves with them.
____________If not, what plans do you have in store for them?: Nothing right now. Just the Herd.

Mindsend

The main thread is here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=24871255 biggrin  

mindsend
Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
Herd Concepts

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash