Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Guild Wide Out Of Character Chat (break the shyness here) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should the Guild Chat Remain?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:04 pm
StaroftheBazaar
I've been troubled by joining lots of RPs and having them sort of fall apart. I want to make stronger, more compelling characters. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my energy in this guild, and I'd really like help to push me toward lots of characters to build and stories to run. Probably nothing too much longer than what I'm writing now, just relatively short, I suppose: but what really matters for me is working on my impatience, as well as having people who can be there. I'd like to have it be more interactions than one every day or every few days.

tl;dr, I'd like to figure out where to fit in and start up.

1x1 rp's with someone who is on when you are on can be very rapid. You can always post after them and you are only waiting on one person. It's also easier to coordinate your times you get on.

For group rp's, it's possible to get a group of fairly active folk, but you are usually looking at a post or 2 from you a day on the faster end before you have to wait on someone. Depending on the type of writing you prefer, group rp's can be better for bringing in more styles and creative visions than only 2 can muster in the same amount of time.

If you are an author of your own rp (I suggest starting one), then you can dictate how fast the rp is when you recruit members. This will generally get you a more active thread. Having many rp'ers in the rp can also increase posting opportunities.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:36 pm
Novama
StaroftheBazaar
I've been troubled by joining lots of RPs and having them sort of fall apart. I want to make stronger, more compelling characters. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my energy in this guild, and I'd really like help to push me toward lots of characters to build and stories to run. Probably nothing too much longer than what I'm writing now, just relatively short, I suppose: but what really matters for me is working on my impatience, as well as having people who can be there. I'd like to have it be more interactions than one every day or every few days.

1x1 rp's with someone who is on when you are on can be very rapid. You can always post after them and you are only waiting on one person. It's also easier to coordinate your times you get on.

For group rp's, it's possible to get a group of fairly active folk, but you are usually looking at a post or 2 from you a day on the faster end before you have to wait on someone. Depending on the type of writing you prefer, group rp's can be better for bringing in more styles and creative visions than only 2 can muster in the same amount of time.

If you are an author of your own rp (I suggest starting one), then you can dictate how fast the rp is when you recruit members. This will generally get you a more active thread. Having many rp'ers in the rp can also increase posting opportunities.

Alright, that seems pretty fair. I suppose that I will look into what's open, and try to see if I can set some up! Need to get my brain running to come up with some ideas, though. sweatdrop  

StaroftheBazaar

Sexy Sharpshooter

24,725 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Runway Supermodel 1000

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:50 pm
StaroftheBazaar
Novama
StaroftheBazaar

Alright, that seems pretty fair. I suppose that I will look into what's open, and try to see if I can set some up! Need to get my brain running to come up with some ideas, though. sweatdrop

The planning forum has a few different thoughts getting tossed around. 1x1 forum almost always has someone looking for recruiting. If you have an idea or the startings of one that you know you want, I suggest making the thread and just adding to it as the idea comes to you until you are ready to open it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:00 pm
Novama
StaroftheBazaar
Novama
StaroftheBazaar

The planning forum has a few different thoughts getting tossed around. 1x1 forum almost always has someone looking for recruiting. If you have an idea or the startings of one that you know you want, I suggest making the thread and just adding to it as the idea comes to you until you are ready to open it.

Mmm, alrighty. That seems like a pretty good plan to me! It's good to know that it's that easy to set something up here. Makes me feel a bit more comfy with this guild! 3nodding and thanks for all your help so far, by the way! ^_^  

StaroftheBazaar

Sexy Sharpshooter

24,725 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Runway Supermodel 1000

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:31 pm
StaroftheBazaar
Novama
StaroftheBazaar
Novama
StaroftheBazaar

Mmm, alrighty. That seems like a pretty good plan to me! It's good to know that it's that easy to set something up here. Makes me feel a bit more comfy with this guild! 3nodding and thanks for all your help so far, by the way! ^_^

Your welcome. We look forward to your participation in the guild 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:41 pm
Novama
StaroftheBazaar
Novama
StaroftheBazaar
Novama
StaroftheBazaar

Your welcome. We look forward to your participation in the guild 3nodding

And I look forward to totally overloading myself with RPs. <_>  

StaroftheBazaar

Sexy Sharpshooter

24,725 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Runway Supermodel 1000

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:02 pm
Hopefully no one explodes.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:21 pm
But but explosion.. and boomage and so much ENTRTAINMENT O>O  

GalaxyCommander

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:21 am
GalaxyCommander
But but explosion.. and boomage and so much ENTRTAINMENT O>O

Genicides would mean I have to found even more members to keep us company. -watches one of the members carrying a ton of tnt in a wagon past....goes back to looking for more members-  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:15 pm
Novama

Genicides would mean I have to found even more members to keep us company. -watches one of the members carrying a ton of tnt in a wagon past....goes back to looking for more members-

lol that reminds me of a story I have from Afghanistan although being a war story it's probably not polite to share it here. Some people get offended.  

GalaxyCommander

Falconblade7591

O.G. Lunatic

9,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:07 pm
I'm offended that you think I'm offended.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:40 pm
Well, since it's an open discussion, I've been thinking about doing my steampunk roleplay again, at some point. Of course, Dalcaria is huge, as is the rest of Gardia (the planet), so I don't know how dedicated players can be to a roleplay of my scale (with this, I go about as big as you can go).

Also looking at a new last name for a character, want to go with something Roman perhaps. Artorius, Valerius, Caesius (or another Cae last name), Laetorius, and Vorenus (or Vorenius). I want something that sounds royal, so to speak, but also has a bit of "Anglo flair" so to speak. If anyone has any preferences of these, do be a dear and quote me to let me know! 3nodding  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Sonakatharsis

Divine Shapeshifter

15,975 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:47 pm
Novama
This will be the place all members may freely chat for now. We will see how it goes, if it's used, if everyone can get along nicely. Feel free to discuss whatever you like, but please follow gaia terms of service.

As a good starter, what might be an rp idea you had or character concept you would like to try?

Maid animal pet girls for sale.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:53 pm
Lady Jaiana Katja Shadow
Novama
This will be the place all members may freely chat for now. We will see how it goes, if it's used, if everyone can get along nicely. Feel free to discuss whatever you like, but please follow gaia terms of service.

As a good starter, what might be an rp idea you had or character concept you would like to try?

try this  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Sonakatharsis

Divine Shapeshifter

15,975 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:00 pm
Novama
Lady Jaiana Katja Shadow
Novama

try this

I don't really like that one sorry.  
RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out