Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[Tribe RP/Event] The Mothers Club Adoption Day! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:05 am
His head tilted from Empty Nest to the child and back. He was so shocked that this was where the fourth foal had ended it up that it took a moment to register what the kiokote doe was saying.

"Better off with someone like me?" He looked back to the kid and let out a yelp of surprise and excitement.

"You mean he's-- Wait. That means I'm a--" he grinned so hard it hurt his face but Empty Nest was already dashing off. "Wait! Empty Nest I..." but she was gone. He leaned down and snorted gently into the kid's fur. His chest was filled with love and joy.

"We'll find her later," he said to himself as much as his new charge. "She clearly loves you too and you know what they say: It takes a tribe to raise a child."

====

Lionhearted dashed off for food and he smiled after her. Normally he'd take things like patrol so seriously that he'd never have suggested she leave her post, but today was not a normal day. Today he had become a mother.

He moved to the side a tad and revealed the little totoma that had been following him carefully. The little totoma that was now his son.

"Are you hungry little one?"

((and with that ... bed time. Moving day is tomorrow. Not sure how long I'll be without internet, but I'll check in and try to reply to stuff with my phone.))  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:25 pm
Ruriska

I'll make a wonderful parent!
Pref: Acha, Kio, Zikwa

Half Truth knew she’d be a good mother. Having a child around would make her life interesting, and it wasn’t like she wasn’t a great provider. She certainly didn’t know any better hunters or fishers; trackers, maybe, but she was big and tough and would pretty much be the best parent anybody had ever met. If other kin could successfully raise kids, so could she. “This is where you come if you can’t have kids, right?” she said, nervously looking at her hooves. She could do this- she had the swagger, she had the charisma, she had… left her pet caiman at home, along with her pet wasp. Which was probably a good thing; the steamed caiman was making her a little queasy, and she didn't want her beloved Weird Dog to see it. She looked every inch the good parent, right? It wasn’t like she really knew what good parents looked like after all. But if this Mothers Club was good parents, well, she’d certainly impress them as best as she could. And she knew just how impressive she was. As she strode into the clearing, she rolled her haunches and flicked her tail in what looked like a languorous stretch. She wanted everybody to see how strong she was- that’s what you wanted in a parent, somebody who could protect a kid and bring home dinner, no matter what.

“Excuse me, ma’am,” she said, deferential to the one in charge- the hornless acha whose authority was telegraphed in her face and demeanor. “I’ve heard that this is where those looking for a family can find one. My name is Half Truth, and I’d like to put myself forward. You see, I…” She hemmed a bit, thinking of the best way to say it. She wasn’t going to make excuses; there was nothing wrong with who she was or who she preferred. “The fact of the matter is, my tastes run towards does. But I think even without a father in the picture, I can be all the parent a child could need. I’ve never really had a family of my own, and, uh, if you don’t mind me saying so, I think I could be good family for somebody else who’s alone. Somebody who might need somebody to look out for them.” She gazed out at the happy foals gamboling about. They seemed so carefree, so innocent. That was what had really drawn her here. She didn’t feel a need to nurture so much as she felt the drive to protect innocence. “It looks like you got a pretty good turnout for these little guys, huh?” she said, returning her attention to the acha. “I haven’t got much more to say other than to ask humbly that you think about giving me a chance. I could provide a safe, happy life for a little one. Teach ‘em how to hunt, how to joke- maybe have them remind me about playing a little. I think we’d be a good team, me and a kid. We could make it work."

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:34 pm
LOLLI qAq

Dream Song happily trotted across the open area to find the source of the delicious aroma which had tantalized her from the start. Roast Caiman? She'd never had it before. Her mouth practically watered but she was hardly one to allow anyone to see her frenzied at the sight of food. Finding herself nearing the table she stopped beside a very large male Totoma and his, well she assumed it was his young ward.

Dream Song had never seen a Totoma before, not in person, and they were quite as impressive as she'd heard in legend. "Umm, ex-excuse me.. are you having some of that Caiman as well? If you want I can help you get some since you seem to have your hooves full already." She would normally have just waited quietly for there to be a break in the crowd and for everyone else to have moved along but the sun was shining beautifully, the air surrounding the event was exceptionally pleasant and the smell of that roasting meat was too divine for her to remain her normal shy self for very long.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:09 am
Ruriska

Pref: Acha, Zikwa, Kio

Don't Make a Sound, or Hush as she has been known to be called, makes her way into the clearing -- wide eyed, her tail curled about her back leg as she stands there and takes in the commotion. Who knew there could be so many kin in one place. Her heart is beating hard, and part of her simply wants to run back to her den, but....

Her eyes catch on the three kids playing together and something in her relaxes enough to allow her to walk further in. No one had actually told her about this.. per se, but she had overheard a few kin talking about it as they passed her den. They'd had no idea she was there -- few ever really do -- but she had heard and oh.. she just couldn't pass up this opportunity.

Finally, she catches sight of an acha doe who looks to be in charge of the place, Peep if she recalls correctly, and makes her way over. Every step is wide-eyed with wonder as she takes in those around her, but her gaze strays ever again and again to the three young ones playing. It makes her heart pound in a different sort of manner.

"..Oh... hello," she'd arrived quicker than she'd anticipated. "You must be Peep. I'm Don't Make a Sound... but my family calls me Hush most of the time." She smiles a delicate smile that seems somewhat shy and gentle at once. Her gaze may be a little unnerving but there's not an ounce of malice about her despite her coloring. The fluffy tail helps.

"I.. well, I heard about this gathering -- about the foals, that is, and so I made my way here. Generally I'm not fond of large crowds and strangers," she steps to the side as a group passes by, before she glances back at Peep, her ears perking forward once more, "But the foals... I couldn't resist, you see. I've always wanted... but finding a mate can be difficult when your name is Hush," she laughs a little, and then clears her throat.

"I do hope you'll consider me. I may not be loud or very strong but I'm smart and quick and careful. I would do anything for my child, you see, and such a bundle of joy... I know it would make us both very, very happy to be in one another's lives, to have that place with someone who you know genuinely loves you." She tilts her head a little, "I'm sorry, that probably sounds a little foolish, doesn't it? I only meant that... they would be safe and well taken care of. They would have a family. Maybe... if you have the time we could talk again later today? I would really like that very much." She smiles again and then makes her exit, heading toward the foals to watch them.

A child of her own.... yes, she can see how that could make her very happy someday. Maybe she will get that chance today?

------
Omgosh guys someone Rp with meeeee. Hush is even cuter than I thought meowmeow this is the first time I've played her ;u; She's shy though c:  

Owlsomniac

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:44 am
Owlsomniac

The doe waited patiently for the Totoma to reply before she began to think she'd spoken too softly. That did happen to her quite often . Blushing brightly Dream Song continued to wait, her glance straying to the three youths who were the center of attention today. Poor little darlings. They deserved some happiness. No one should have to be alone. This tribe was wonderful for dedicating themselves to better futures for the young of Matope and the petite doe admired that in a way.

Still daydreaming, her gaze found Hush and she noticed the Zikwa was standing alone. Many had come here either as a couple or were outgoing enough to have joined groups easily. She sensed this female was a bit on the timid side, much like herself. This realization drew her in and while she'd still help the Totoma she'd just strike up a conversation with this fellow shy spirit in the meantime. "Hello there." Dream Song almost whispered, her posture not so much afraid as unsure of how her greeting would be received. "Are you admiring the little ones too? Aren't they sweet?" The Kimeti offered her a kind smile. She'd never met a Zikwa before though she had heard many grand legends of their existence. Today was shaping up to be quite an interesting day indeed, she was so glad she had gathered up the courage to come.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:04 pm
I K i n u I

"Oh..." Hush turns to the kimeti doe who approaches her and smiles a little hesitantly. She feels a little self-conscious suddenly and tries to straighten her posture a bit. After all, little ones, and others, are certainly watching her.

"Oh, yes," her smile then is much warmer and genuine as she looks at the little ones playing together. A few of the adults seem to have been dragged into their games as well, and part of her yearns to join them, but she's just not sure....

But this Kimeti doe seems nice, and she doesn't catch any odd scents from her. In fact, she seems like she might be a little bit like herself in that quiet way she has. It makes her more comfortable, at any rate. "Um.. My name is Don't Make a Sound, but most just call me Hush. As you can imagine, I don't generally get out that often but... well, I couldn't resist you know? I want so badly to make a good impression but.." she trails off, uncertain. Maybe she's too quiet to make a good mother? She doesn't think that, but surely one of the other kin who are more outgoing are likely to make better impressions than her. She just doesn't know. It's probably better not to think about it and just enjoy the day.

"Well, it doesn't matter. I suppose we just have to do our best, right? What's your name?"

Owlsomniac

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:15 pm
Owlsomniac

The more Dream Song listened to Hush speak the more comfortable she felt. They were indeed very similar in that they were so shy and unsure of themselves in this large gathering of Does and Bucks, but they had both come here for a very good reason. Smiling again at the Zikwa she inclined her head ever-so-gently in greeting. "Well met, my name is Dream Song. It's a pleasure." She followed the females gaze to the young and listened as she spoke, understanding her feelings all too well. "I know what you mean." She sighed softly. "And we certainly do. I would love to have a family of my own but I am afraid they will see how shy and quiet I am and find me unsuitable. Though being careful is never a bad thing and while I am docile in temperament I would never allow harm to come to any child, not just my own blood." She pawed at the ground thoughtfully as she said this.

"I'm certain Peep is wise enough to see the good in every applicant despite their shortcomings. A good heart is easy to spot and being a mother I bet she has seen through her fair share of stormy clouds to the sunlight behind them." The frown that had furrowed her brow relaxed and her good humors quickly returned. "You seem to have a good heart too. Shall we go see the young together? Can't hurt to get to know them a little better, no matter who ends up calling them their own." Dream Song was pleased she felt bold enough to be so social, it wasn't an every day thing but it was nice to speak with someone who understood how it felt to be uncomfortable in social settings. She didn't feel quite so alone anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:56 pm
I K i n u I

The black zikwa finds herself nodding in agreement to everything Dream Song says. They really are of a like mind, after all. "Yes, exactly.... and I think you must be right. We just have to be ourselves." It makes her feel so much better to talk to someone else here who shares her own thoughts and, like the kimeti, she suddenly doesn't feel so alone. Even if she walks away from here without a child of her own she will not have left empty hoofed. Something tells her that she and Dream Song could become friends after this.... and isn't that a lovely thought?

"Oh... yes, please, lets? I'd like that so very much." It's not the kids that make her nervous so much as the other adults. Though the thought she could, maybe, be leaving here today with her own son or daughter does at times fill her belly with a certain anxious sort of fluttery feeling.

But, this is nice, too. She tries not to think about everyone else, and simply watches the young ones who seems caught in some sort of game of tag with the one another. Her heart lifts just to see them so carefree, and fills her with some kind of energy -- as if their enthusiasm is contagious. "Being around them kind of makes me recall my own days as a foal," she smiles a little toward Dream Song. "I... have the most exhilarating urge to join them."

Owlsomniac

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:45 am
Owlsomniac

Dream Song brightened even more as Hush agreed to join her in making their way over to the young Kin. "Of course." She enjoyed this females company very much. She felt as if she could relax around her and not have to worry about making a fool of herself or forcing conversation. It was a nice, refreshing feeling and there was nothing about this female that made her particularly nervous. She could hardly believe it. Fate had a funny way of bringing Kin together and she too felt as though no matter how things turned out today she could see them becoming good friends. It was always nice to have someone and Dream Song didn't often make friends as she felt too awkward or uncomfortable to try most of the time. Who knew, perhaps if today wasn't their day they could help one another and keep trying. One didn't simply give up on a dream and she could sense that, like herself, motherhood meant a lot to this Kin as well.

As they began to head over she listened to the Zikwa speak and nodded in agreement. "Oh, I have that same feeling. It reminds me of being young and when my legs still felt too long for my body, that feeling of leaping and playing all day. The world so bright.. though it still is. I miss that incredibly strong sense of optimism though, the kind that only being very young gives you. The world is yours." She laughed very softly, smiling as they stood before the young who were very wrapped up in their game and while she couldn't feel her companions wellspring of enthusiasm she did feel her own sense of excitement mounting at the prospect of joining in on the fun under this beautifully sunny sky. "Well.. shall we give it a go?" She gave Hush a look that was both warm and nervous at once, her cheeks a little flush at the prospect of playing in front of all of these other adults but the young were just too charming to deny.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:38 pm
I K i n u I

The fluttery feeling in her is strange, but exciting. Like a trapped bird that just wants to get out and fly free. She's still aware of the adults around her, though, and hesitates for a few moments before she looks at Dream Song and returns her smile. If her own fur weren't so dark she's sure she'd have a flush to show for it, too, but as she is she merely nods.

"Let's go -- together." She never thought being with someone else might make things easier -- especially when it came to joining even MORE kin, but... somehow it does. Besides, the little ones are waiting.

No sooner does she step into their midst does one of them, a sweet little acha boy, run up to her and tag her with his nose with a breathless little laugh. "You're it!" he exclaims proudly, and takes off around the other kin. She stands there, bewildered for a moment, and glances at Dream Song before letting out a little laugh of her own. "..I guess I am." It reminds her of the games she'd play with her own siblings, which seems so long ago. But before she allows the nostalgia to sweep her away, she shakes her head, and starts after the little ones who immediately squeel in delight and dash into every direction.

She's quick and lean, which makes her more agile, perhaps, than most kimeti adults, but she doesn't usually do so much running around and is quickly out of breath. She huffs, and shakes her head and tail with a laugh as they tease her from beneath legs longer than their own. "..I think.. I need.. a break," she nudges Dream Song with her nose, "You're it."

[[ OOC: I hope it's ok to play the babs like that? ;u;
Anyone else is welcome to join in, btw! It's fun RPing like this! c: ]]

Owlsomniac

Fethery

Tiny Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 5:26 pm
Autumn Eye jerked his head back at first, but then tilted his muzzle down at the creature in curiosity.

It was subtly colored, and oddly reminded him of the frost from winter.

"Frost... fur?" No, it didn't have any fur on it. Just skin. He couldn't help but grin at his silly idea. "Well, if you're coming home with me... Frostskin is a fitting name for you." Nudging it with his muzzle, he let the cave worm follow him back to where the other kin were.

He wasn't sure if they were up for talking, but he hadn't had the chance to really meet anyone, yet.

Ruriska
thank you so much again ;; <3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:08 am
Owlsomniac

Kanthulhu

{-Same here, hoping it's ok to play with the kiddos. xD -}

Dream Song spotted the tiny Acha tag Hush and she observed with a smile on her face as the Zikwa played with the young ones. It made her feel wonderful that her new found friend was so happy out there, brighter, and Dream Song just knew that the Zikwa would make an amazing mother. This kind of happiness, the kind that young Kin brought, was such a gift in this world. She knew it could be a place of darkness, of fear, and especially of uncertaintly, but she also knew that caring and loving a precious life was one thing she was certain of and that it brought out a new kind of beauty into the world. Motherhood was calling. She swished her tail back and forth contentedly while watching the game comence. Laughter rolling from her softly at the antics some of the young ones were displaying as they played. They were terribly adorable.

The Kimetis eyes widened suddenly at the soft press of a nose against her pelt and she looked over to spy Hush tagging her. Oh! Why hadn't she been running? She laughed happily and gave the Zikwa a wink. "All right. I've got you covered." The little ones looked up at her in anticipation, such big eager smiles from such tiny little babies. Dream Song lowered her head slightly and gave them a cheeky look. "Get ready.. here I come!" And with that she trotted playfully towards the young ones who kicked their legs in joy, excited squeals peeling from them as they scattered over the grass and ran. Dream Song kept her pace slower but came close to tagging them a couple of times which only heightened their excitement.

Whoo, what a workout. She hadn't run this much in ages. But it felt good. Stretching her legs, feeling the warm sun on her back, the happy laughter of the young ones and the animated chatter around them of potential parents. It really was such a wonderful day. She spotted a Buck standing close by with a cave worm trailing him and decided he looked energetic enough to join in the fun. Trotting up to Autumn Eye she gently gave his shoulder a poke with her nose and smiled up at him. "Tag, you're it!" Gesturing to the little ones who had gathered together in the middle of the field, their ears high and their eyes bright as they waited for the newest member of the game to join and chase them. Dream Song trotted back to Hush, laughing as she went. "Well! That was some sport, wasn't it?"

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:51 am
Her case before the tribe's leader, Half Truth eyed the rest of the festivities. She didn’t plan to partake in the food; conversation and general conviviality were far more appealing. Her eye was caught by a group of children and adults playing- was that tag? Gracious, she hadn’t played a game of tag in ages… not one to stand idly by and watch, she waited for an opening. The children were cuter than things so small and fragile had any right to be. She darted into the playing field, jogging slowly and making herself a viable target for tagging. It was a light, breezy feeling- how long had it been since she’d simply played? Far too long.

[OOC: Hope y'all don't mind me joining in, it was just too cute to resist!]
I K i n u I

Kanthulhu

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:17 am
Ruriska

Pref: Acha, Zikwa, Kio

Love's Lies Linger had caught word of this Mother's Club some time ago and she'd scoffed at it. Her initial impression was that of a group of mothers sitting around gossiping while their foals entertained themselves. It was disgusting to her, the thought of a parent being so unattentive to their child. Children deserved every second of their parents' attention. That was her belief and it had absolutely nothing to do with her woefully neglected childhood. Why would you even think that?

But then she'd heard about the foals. Poor, helpless little things without anyone to care for or love them. It made her angry. And what made her angrier still was the thought of these gossiping hens being in charge of the darlings. She simply couldn't let that happen. And with such a welcoming invite sent out for the Club's event, Love's Lies Linger had the perfect excuse to march right in and let those mothers know exactly how unfit they were to raise children. And when she did march into the tribe's event...things weren't exactly what she had been expecting.

For starters, there were significantly more Kin around than she had been expecting. That alone knocked down her bravado several notches. And while there were a few adults chatting amongst themselves, almost everyone's attention was focused on the small foals running around. Some of them even seemed to be playing with the little ones. Love's Lies Linger was losing all that angry steam quickly and in its place was embarrassment and a bit of panic. Suddenly she wasn't so sure of her purpose here. The doe had always wanted to raise children of her own. Raise them right. But these foals seemed to be in a good place. Did she really deserve to take any of the foals in?

Still, she'd come this far and it'd be a waste to just turn right back around. If she'd heard correctly, the leader of this tribe was a white Acha without horns. She searched the crowd, spotting the doe next to a rather intimidating looking Totoma. If she'd had any confidence left, the larger, stockier Kin scattered it to the four winds. Taking a deep breath and doing her best to at least feign some self-assuredness, Love's Lies Linger approached Peep.

"I'm Love's Lies Linger. I..." She could see the Totoma out of the corner of her eye and it was making her quite uneasy, "I heard about the little ones. I'm glad to see they're doing well." This was going to turn into senseless rambling if she didn't hurry up and get to the point, "I'dliketobeconsideredfortheadoptionprocess. That'sall. Thankyou. Goodbye."

Turning away swiftly, Love's LIes Linger marched stiffly back into the crowd and hunted for a quiet spot to try and calm her nerves.  

Celestial Requiem

Wilderness Witch

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:32 pm
Scaramouche Fandango
[OOC: Hope y'all don't mind me joining in, it was just too cute to resist!]

{-Of course not! JOIN US! 8D -}  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff