Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.
Is this guild mostly inactive now? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

me know it all

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:46 pm
Xcon299
me know it all
EucalyptusCoral
Skreemer

me know it all

I'm still here guys. I can't do much at the moment without talking to the captain and I'm guessing she is busy with real life stuff. ^^ Hopefully I hear from her soon and we can start working something out.

the novama has some ideas, new members will help up activity some....
old members are hard to get back sometimes....when they no log on anymore....

though we can still plan guild wide events, so they run smoothly when the time comes.

Old members are difficult to get back, me being one myself. I just happen to come across this guild seeing this thread pop up in the guild. Honestly if I could say something. A lot of the old members have moved on it seems. Life gets put before everything and role playing becomes more of a chore then a fun thing to do. Don't mean to sound disheartening about it but that is what I think happened.

To get things back we do need new members, ones more active and fresh. Getting a couple of active role plays started might spark things up a bit. One thing I liked about this guild is that you could post any kind of RP you desired or find one of interest. Now these days I barely see any group role plays come out of this guild. Mainly it is 1x1's. I would actually be willing to start a role play to jump start things with the current active members. Something that can easily be joined and offer input from new members as well. This would be more fantasy based of course but I figured I would mention it to everyone here.

we like to join fantasy RP! thanks for making that. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:11 pm
I've been role-playing since I was in 6th grade, I found this guild tHat year. I'm 20 going in 21 I've been active since I can say I do miss the 200 to 500 page roleplays. I watched this guild slowly become inactive. It's sad, because this was the only guild I ever really roleplayed on  

Wazi Kong

Liberal Conversationalist

6,950 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:24 am
Reo Kage
I've been role-playing since I was in 6th grade, I found this guild tHat year. I'm 20 going in 21 I've been active since I can say I do miss the 200 to 500 page roleplays. I watched this guild slowly become inactive. It's sad, because this was the only guild I ever really roleplayed on

Sad enough to do something about it?

Or just sad enough to lament and move on?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:55 am
In what seems like centuries ago, I was an active member of this Guild. I partook in practically 70 RPs and found myself constantly engrossed in the going ons around the Guild.
It's decline, too, I feel rests in the minimizing of categories and scattered groups. It became too broad; too scorning.  

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Dangerous Conversationalist

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:03 pm
I just kinda fell off this guild because there were too many rules about how to set up my rps. It's not a bad thing but I kinda like a bit more freedom plus...well we should all know the rules by now, why is a list of the really needed? I've been a member of Gaia since 2005 so...yeah. Either way guilds are dying out. I own several of my own now and I can see it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:27 pm
Kalima Nightmore
I just kinda fell off this guild because there were too many rules about how to set up my rps. It's not a bad thing but I kinda like a bit more freedom plus...well we should all know the rules by now, why is a list of the really needed? I've been a member of Gaia since 2005 so...yeah. Either way guilds are dying out. I own several of my own now and I can see it.

What are you hoping for?  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:38 pm
Novama
Kalima Nightmore

What are you hoping for?

I run my own guilds these days and I rp there really. I'm just hoping for more active people that aren't these insolent newbs and children I see these days. I mean Gaia used to be pretty clean. If you've been on towns in recent years some people on there are nasty. Rude. Take your own pick of words. What I want is for Gaia to do something about it, about how badly this site is failing and falling. If they don't do something they're gonna lose old dedicated members. Half the people I know have left.
Not like the site can go back to the old days, there's no chance of that. Losing Zomg lost the site some people too. Plus the economy on here is in the toilet, pardon my phrasing but it is true. They need to correct it, start actually monitoring the site and not trying to churn out so many new items and limited chance items.
My rp style has improved since my last times posting here, I'm way better than I used to be and one of my best rps that used to sit in this guild no longer exists and I have no way to recover a copy of it now sadly. Anyway what I want is more active rpers as I said. My own guilds are quiet as well and I do doubt my rps would do any better here or in the forums. More active rpers would benefit the guilds. Plus if they even cared to actually do some sort of update to the guilds that might help as well. If something isn't done the guilds will be abandoned most likely. Another bit of Gaia will be gone and I will leave this site if it happens.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:55 pm
Kalima Nightmore
Novama
Kalima Nightmore

What are you hoping for?

I run my own guilds these days and I rp there really. I'm just hoping for more active people that aren't these insolent newbs and children I see these days. I mean Gaia used to be pretty clean. If you've been on towns in recent years some people on there are nasty. Rude. Take your own pick of words. What I want is for Gaia to do something about it, about how badly this site is failing and falling. If they don't do something they're gonna lose old dedicated members. Half the people I know have left.
Not like the site can go back to the old days, there's no chance of that. Losing Zomg lost the site some people too. Plus the economy on here is in the toilet, pardon my phrasing but it is true. They need to correct it, start actually monitoring the site and not trying to churn out so many new items and limited chance items.
My rp style has improved since my last times posting here, I'm way better than I used to be and one of my best rps that used to sit in this guild no longer exists and I have no way to recover a copy of it now sadly. Anyway what I want is more active rpers as I said. My own guilds are quiet as well and I do doubt my rps would do any better here or in the forums. More active rpers would benefit the guilds. Plus if they even cared to actually do some sort of update to the guilds that might help as well. If something isn't done the guilds will be abandoned most likely. Another bit of Gaia will be gone and I will leave this site if it happens.

You sound passionate, but are you passionate to do something about it?  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:32 pm
Novama
Kalima Nightmore
Novama
Kalima Nightmore

What are you hoping for?

One lone voice is not enough to bring the problems to light. A single voice can be ignored by those who think themselves high above others. A single voice can do nothing but scream in the dark. It would take more than my voice alone to bring changes and I know it and thus I am unable to do more than point out problems to others, hoping they rally around me and will speak up with me. Humans are cowardly things though, horrible unfeeling creatures that do not listen to the plights of others nor truly care to raise their voices to cry out the wrongness of things. There are some that will but many don't.
My point is alone I can do nothing but with the voices of others something can be done. Of course I did hear something I'm not sure is true about people protesting gaian cash or something getting banned from the site. I heard it a while back. No idea of the truth of it, I don't buy into rumors. Never have.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:40 pm
Kalima Nightmore
Novama
Kalima Nightmore
Novama
Kalima Nightmore

What are you hoping for?

One lone voice is not enough to bring the problems to light. A single voice can be ignored by those who think themselves high above others. A single voice can do nothing but scream in the dark. It would take more than my voice alone to bring changes and I know it and thus I am unable to do more than point out problems to others, hoping they rally around me and will speak up with me. Humans are cowardly things though, horrible unfeeling creatures that do not listen to the plights of others nor truly care to raise their voices to cry out the wrongness of things. There are some that will but many don't.
My point is alone I can do nothing but with the voices of others something can be done. Of course I did hear something I'm not sure is true about people protesting gaian cash or something getting banned from the site. I heard it a while back. No idea of the truth of it, I don't buy into rumors. Never have.

Because you are a roleplayer, I'll forgive the flowery language xd
I saw reasons why folks might not even try to change things.
I saw examples of not investigating opportunities to try and do something.
I get this feeling that for all the complaints and lamenting, that most are just content to watch as everything they care about on the site lessens or disappears.

You suppose that's because they need someone to lead them and tell them what to do to fix their problems?

Maybe they just don't really care as much as they let on and are really just overly dramatic personalities?  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:56 pm
Novama
Kalima Nightmore
Novama
Kalima Nightmore
Novama
Kalima Nightmore

What are you hoping for?

Because you are a roleplayer, I'll forgive the flowery language xd
I saw reasons why folks might not even try to change things.
I saw examples of not investigating opportunities to try and do something.
I get this feeling that for all the complaints and lamenting, that most are just content to watch as everything they care about on the site lessens or disappears.

You suppose that's because they need someone to lead them and tell them what to do to fix their problems?

Maybe they just don't really care as much as they let on and are really just overly dramatic personalities?

I'm a writer too. I'm not just a rper. If they need a leader I'm not it. I'm no leader to be honest. Who knows how their minds work. Someone else will have to be said leader. I'm just a creator.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:06 pm
Kalima Nightmore

I'm a writer too. I'm not just a rper. If they need a leader I'm not it. I'm no leader to be honest. Who knows how their minds work. Someone else will have to be said leader. I'm just a creator.

That's my point: as opposed to coming up with a plan and doing something about the problems or getting in touch with someone to get a group effort behind it, you have chosen to sit on the sidelines and hope for the best xd

Does the man who busied himself with idle pursuits rather than legitimate work have a right to complain when there is no more food to eat?  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Kalima Nightmore

Desirable Spirit

10,200 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:18 pm
Novama
Kalima Nightmore

That's my point: as opposed to coming up with a plan and doing something about the problems or getting in touch with someone to get a group effort behind it, you have chosen to sit on the sidelines and hope for the best xd

Does the man who busied himself with idle pursuits rather than legitimate work have a right to complain when there is no more food to eat?

Uhuh. I'm just no leader but why would I sit on the sidelines? I post in the hopes of finding someone who has the ability to be a leader. I lack that ability, I know I do but when I see a post such as this I take the chance of posting in the hopes of finding a leader, someone much better at words and inspiring people than me. I search for someone to take charge and is that not doing something if not directly?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:48 pm
The crew of this guild appear complacent. The most I hear any of them talk about are guild wide events....as if that will save a guild, improve roleplay, or much of anything. Maybe it will, but I personally think a guild wide event actually needs people. When you are booking concerts, you don't put it in a small no name town, you pick the biggest cities and arenas to ensure the most people will show. I feel guild events are for guilds that have people to enjoy it. I don't think of them as great drawing tools....example: unless they are in the guild, how will they know of it or even participate?

I have no complaints though. I only post to encourage solution oriented thinking. I don't have the time to invest in saving a guild that isn't willing to save itself.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Victoria san

Fashionable Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:17 pm
Novama
The crew of this guild appear complacent. The most I hear any of them talk about are guild wide events....as if that will save a guild, improve roleplay, or much of anything. Maybe it will, but I personally think a guild wide event actually needs people. When you are booking concerts, you don't put it in a small no name town, you pick the biggest cities and arenas to ensure the most people will show. I feel guild events are for guilds that have people to enjoy it. I don't think of them as great drawing tools....example: unless they are in the guild, how will they know of it or even participate?

I have no complaints though. I only post to encourage solution oriented thinking. I don't have the time to invest in saving a guild that isn't willing to save itself.

Some people say its gaia cash, others say its the messed up prices in the marketplace, some say that it was the lost of Zomg, others say items no longer have real value, and a few say that its gaia not caring enough to fix the issues. It could be all of these or none. I personally think that its the age group that gaia is offering its services now. Just like the concert thing, it also depends on the type of concert. Lets say the older generations who used to be more active either in guilds or in other areas of gaia got busy with real life or just didn't have enough time to go on as often or just gaia no longer gave them an incentive to be on, or even that they didn't see the point in spending real life money to have pixel money; Whatever the case may be gaia knew that it would lose some of these people in favor of a younger age group that could more influence in spending money. Gaia needed money or a better money source and geared stuff for them. Coupons, sales, constant items, recolors, and so forth. So people who felt unfair treatment or nor longer had a reason to stay left. The newer generation have different tastes and that leaves us with the gap of inactivity or different ideology in what to do on gaia. I understand what gaia did and had to do, but its still sad to see it in its current state.

Personal opinion: I think if this guild wants to thrive, then it either must change to fit the current in's or cut off the slack that's holds it back. "how much do you cut from the body to save the life of the body." Another possibility could be is do an wide advertise camping throughout gaia to catch new people and to make this place look active. Once activate rises slowly, then do events and whatnot. That way people will spread the word. I can not say that either of these ideas will save the guild or the guild will be as active when it was at its peak.

Everything depends on people willingness to get on really.  
Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games