Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ HADES KITCHEN ROUND 2 } RESULTS PAGE 14 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
amicableAggressor rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:23 pm
Indu hurridly threw on her new red apron, trying not to look too excited. Team games! Now that was her style! She would lead her crew to - she deflated listening to further instructions. This wasn't a team exercise. Where was the bonding? Where were the trust falls? They were still pretty much working on their own. Feeling vaguely let down, but in a better mood after the judges had said jack s**t about her tearjerkers being as mangled as her soul or whatever, she rolled up her sleeves and charged into the dining room with the rest of the ghouls.

Leaping on the first unattended guest, she greeted them with a perky smile and even perkier "Hi!". Whipping out a pad of paper to take the diner's orders, her face slowly locked into a forced smile as she scribbled. What the hell was this? Were they a plant, set by the tv producers to make her life, specifically, a living hell? Grueton free??? Nodding robotically, she finished scrawling the order, keeping her voice light and airy despite the sudden surge of hatred towards the halloweener sitting in front of her. "Not a problem at all! I'll be right back with your order!"

Quote:
RED TEAM
DINING ROOM
2: "I'd like everything but I'm allergic to aromatic mushrooms, can I also have a tea deer skellington but substitute it with a shiki instead and can I have two of the dessert, but grueton free please."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:27 pm
I AM A VIP GUEST

Petro had missed his chance at joining Hades' Kitchen and was regretting it. He wouldn't have minded trying his hand at the trials, even if it meant being forced to make a dessert or two. But when the opportunity to at least sample the contestant's dishes came up, the monster horse did not plan on letting this one pass him by.

That was probably why a barely dressed boil was going to receive any form of service in a dining facility. Either that or most pseudo-restaurants were lax about the no shoes, no shirt, no service rule. Still, he wasn't barred or politely asked to leave, and so he studied the menu slowly and with a critical eye. Square-root brows furrowed in concentration, trying to make a decision based on the ingredients and pictures, which apparently was harder than he thought.

He didn't have much time to choose, or long to wait when one of the contestants came up to him to ask what his order was. He tensed instinctively, the muscles of his bare arms bunching in tension but gradually the monster horse calmed down. He didn't look any less serious about the competition, however.

"'M allowed to pick three dishes, yeah?" Petro asked the contestant. With a no-nonsense look, he continued "RIPsotto 'n the deer. Up to y' if y' gimme two RIPsottos 'n one deer or two deers 'n one RIPsotto. No dessert. 'N'v any'v 'em are sweet, make 'em unsweet. Or better yet, make 'em spicy. " Clearly the monster horse had the opposite of a sweet tooth.

OOC

CHARACTER NAME: Petro
CHARACTER FACTION: Student
MY ORDER: Either 2 Panty Crab RIPsotto and 1 Tea Deer Skellington OR 2 Tea Deer Skellington and 1 Panty Crab RIPsotto. Make 'em spicy!

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
amicableAggressor rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:36 pm
Indu stood at her station, and took a long deep breath. Why was everything so disorganized?? Where was her knife?? She had put everything exactly where she needed - who had gone through all her stuff????? Taking another breath, she forced down the rising red mist that was beginning to creep into her vision.
Four dishes. What kind of a pig would order that much food??? You only needed one appetizer, one main course, and one desert. ONE of EACH. Throwing silent curses at her diner, she began to assemble the ingredients required. Quickly going through the first steps for the Skellington, she threw the shiki meat in the freezer to chill before starting on the rest of the order.

Her first mistake came when, acting on automatic, she threw the mushrooms into the pan with the rest of the ingredients. Damn! Hurriedly, she pulled them out, sucking on scorched fingers and swearing a blue streak that, if everyone else hadn't been immersed in their own work, would have probably caused a few uncomfortable blushes. Indu rarely swore out loud, but when she did she was damn good at it. Staring at the crabs, she considered her next move. They probably weren't allergic allergic, right? Like, you wouldn't order a food that had the risk of contacting something else if it was super deadly and likely to kill you. They were probably just picky. And she /had/ pulled the mushrooms out as soon as she realized what she was doing, it wasn't like they had been given much time to mingle and contaminate the rest of the dish. Hopefully, no one else noticed what she did. Or at least if they did, the'd keep their fat yaps shut. Giving a little shrug, she continued to douse the dish in booberry brandy.

Glancing at the time, she went on to prepare the two deserts. Two! Who ate two deserts? What kind of a oinkflusty had they been raised in?? Beating the two deserts into submission, she took a few seconds after to wait for the feeling to come back to her hands. And then she remembered, with a jolt, that she had meat in the fridge. Hurrying back, she pulled the heavy doors open and glanced around the inside. "Who took my meat?! Someone took my shiki meat!!" Yapping, she began to run from station to station, throwing pans and dishes aside in a frantic search. After two whole passes around the room, she went back to the fridge in despair. And spotted where it had been moved, to the back of a higher shelf. Glaring around defensively, she hurried back to her station. "People shouldn't touch other people's food! It's rude!" Rattled, she did her best to finish, but the end result was lacking. A combination of sitting in the fridge for too long, and her clumsy handling after had left the dish a little misshapen, if you were being polite. Glumly, she reflected that the judges probably wouldn't be. With all dishes done, she wheeled back out into the dining room to serve her diner and find a new one.

Quote:
RED TEAM
KITCHEN
2: "I'd like everything but I'm allergic to aromatic mushrooms, can I also have a tea deer skellington but substitute it with a shiki instead and can I have two of the dessert, but grueton free please."
1 mistake on the ripsotto, 1 mistake on the skellington

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:38 pm
[DINING ROOM]

It looked like Ruth gravitated towards indecisive guests, but this was a VIP, which meant the eerie smile had to go. Instead, she fixed a small, pleasant, non-threatening smile on her lips as she silently nodded to the boil. She tried her best to radiate comeliness and compliance and a distinct lack of "I-am-juding-you" aura as she wrote down his order. After all, VIPs were allowed whatever the jack they wanted.

She twirled a strand of her blonde hair around a finger while her other hand pointed to the pudding item on the menu and raised three fingers to confirm his order. After making a quick bow, she wordlessly excused herself to the kitchen to prepare his dish.

amicableAggressor
Yes, hi, Blondie will be ruining your stomach when she returns with your order.

OOC
RED TEAM
[ Step 3 ] VIP Guest
Character: Ruth/"Blondie"
Order: 3 Strawberry Tart Treat Blood Pudding

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
Huni Pi rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:41 pm
[KITCHEN - VIP DISH 1]

From an entree to a dessert, Ruth wasn't sure how much better she would fare this time around. At least it was just the same dish made three times, so familiarity should help her shouldn't it? The first task she needed to do was find the instructions. And nestled amongst the frozen tart treats was the aforementioned procedure! Unfortunately for the reaper, the treat was too frozen so when she tried to pry the strawberries, the uh paws came along for the ride. Looks like there might be a few teeny tiny chunks of meat in the first pudding. Hey, it was blood pudding! Where do you think blood comes from?

Or at least that was what Ruth was going to reason with. A little thrown by the presence of the paws, Ruth accidentally grabbed the wrong kind of cream as she mixed, not noticing at all. Not even when she tasted it. (Look dairy was dairy as far as the ghoul was concerned.) Adding the sugar and beating the bowl into submission was a lot easier, blunt-force trauma was familiar territory for someone who wielded a steel pipe (and a baseball bat once upon a time.) Adding more sugar, she upped the ante in her beating and managed to keep a firm grip on the bowl. The ribbon from the mixer mint julep plucked, and the minipet was stirred into the mixture as instructed.

And viola! The first blood pudding was completed! Hopefully the VIP wasn't lactose intolerant...

OOC
RED TEAM
[ Step 3 ] VIP Guest
Mistake: 2 Star (frozen treat paws came with the strawberries, used full cream instead of half oz)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:44 pm
[KITCHEN - VIP DISH 2]

The ghoul set about making the second pudding, this time managing to slice off the paws by their fingers, allowing her to collect the strawberries without any meat. It was only through dumb luck that Ruth found her full cream canister was empty and was forced to get a new one. This time she double-checked and saw she needed half oz cream and managed to retrieve and add the correct variant. With the same amount of gusto, she beat the Fear sugar into the mixture and kept the bowl from fleeing. More sugar was added, and she retained control over the dish up until the mixer mint julep (sans ribbon) was stirred in for the final product.

OOC
RED TEAM
[ Step 3 ] VIP Guest
Mistake: 2 Star (frozen treat paws came with the strawberries, used full cream instead of half oz)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:46 pm
[KITCHEN - VIP DISH 3]

Ruth operated on automatic by her third dish, the strawberries were gathered and any unnecessary remnants of the treats were tossed away. The half oz cream was added to the bowl and mixed thoroughly. Then came her favorite part of beating the ever-loving-fear out of the Fear sugar mixture. And again when the additional sugar was added. The legs were tripped and the teeth avoided until the bowl whimpered in surrender and allowed the reaper to what she wanted. Which she did. The finishing touches of the ribbon-less mixer mint julep was stirred in and the final dish was plated, ready for serving!

OOC
RED TEAM
[ Step 3 ] VIP Guest

ramenli rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:06 pm
15 minutes. He had this. Of course the fact that part of his score depended on the diner it meant that he might actually be screwed, but these were all halloween citizens. He was literally better than them and he could handle it.

"You. What do you want." The person he ended up going to started rattling, and he could basically feel his eyes glazing over. "You'll get food," he decided, cutting in before there could be any more instructions. With that he disappeared back into the kitchen to actually prep the food.

OOC
Blue Team
[ STEP 1 ]
Character: Soren
Customer 2: "I'd like everything but I'm allergic to aromatic mushrooms, can I also have a tea deer skellington but substitute it with a shiki instead and can I have two of the dessert, but grueton free please."

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

ramenli rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:22 pm
Grumbling mentally Soren set to work, all but throwing the crabs into the pots of boiling water and then fishing them out with his fingers carefully. He crushed them with his bare fists, picking out the bits of meat and then moving on to the next stage. Thank Seabiscuit there was a recipe to follow.

Seeing the next stage was about mushrooms he just skipped it...meaning he also forgot to add in the rice completely. Whoops.

The recipe had something about adding in more brandy, so Soren poured in a healthy amount before grabbing a knife and hand shaving some gingerbreak pieces into the dish. The mini didn't really need that other arm anyways. Turning up the heat he finished cooking off most of the brandy before digging out a plate. He plated the bit of panty meat that he had, decorating the top with two sets of claws dueling on top of the dish.

OOC
Blue Team
[ STEP 2 ]
Character: Soren
Mistakes: 1 (it will be in this post)

yylaayl rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:29 pm
Quillan walked out to the dining room and walked quickly towards the first table he saw with someone waiting for their order to be taken. "What can I get you?" he asked as politely as he could. The customer left the ink demon to decide what he would be served, so Quillan thought for a moment before letting the customer know that he would bringing the best Tea Deer Skellington and a Strawberry Tart Treat Blood Pudding for him. He didn't think if he would be able to handle the RIPsotto for a variety of reasons ...The boil quickly walked back to the kitchen, hoping that he could actually make the dishes.

OOC
Blue Team
[ STEP 1 ]
Character: Quillan
Customer 3:"I'd like whatever you'd like to make me. Impress me." (free for all) - Tea Deer Skellington and Strawberry Tart Treat Blood Pudding

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
yylaayl rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:38 pm
Quillan hurried around the kitchen, recipe in hand, searching for tea deer leaves. Once he found them, he started plucking them. How many did he need? 3? He looked down at the paper only to find his fist holding absolutely nothing. He scrambled across the kitchen floor on his one empty hand (the other held the leaves) and knees, looking for the paper in what was one of the most unsanitary ways possible. Finally, he found it, and he went back to pick 2 more leaves since the recipe called for 5. The boil glanced at the ones he had and the ones available and could not for the life of him figure out which ones he'd already picked because they all looked the exact same. Not wanting to be caught lingering in front of the tea deer, which would only invite one of the judges to walk over and ask him what the hell he was doing, he randomly grabbed two more leaves and hoped one flavor wasn't going to dominate too strongly over the others if he had picked duplicates.

After setting down the leaves, he went and shaved some pieces of tea deer flesh, wrapped it in pastry. Quillan then took it out of the fridge and put it on a pan over the oven. He then made the mashers by peeling, de-eyeing, and mashing them before sprinkling some salt and pepper and cooking that as well. Once everything seemed okay, Quillan put the tea deer and the mashers onto a plate as carefully as he could.

OOC
Blue Team
[ STEP 2 ]
Customer 3:"I'd like whatever you'd like to make me. Impress me." (free for all) - Tea Deer Skellington and Strawberry Tart Treat Blood Pudding
Mistakes: 1 - picked 5 leaves but not all were different

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:41 pm
Having finished the main course and sent that out, Quillan started working on the dessert. He tried to take the strawberries from the strawberry treat tarts, but the last one seemed to have a death grip on its strawberry, so he had to give it a yank, almost ripping the poor tart treat's arms off. Next, he put the strawberries and the some cream into a bowl and started beating the mixture as it violently sloshed around. After much struggle, the bowl calmed down and he added in the ribbon. There! He was done. He brought this out to the customer.

OOC
Blue Team
[ STEP 2 ]
Location: KITCHEN - cooking the Strawberry Tart Treat Blood Pudding
Mistakes: 0

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:43 pm
Huni Pi
Indu will be your waitress for today! She promises she won't serve anything inedible.

Dropping off her first dishes in front of the appropriate diner, Indu scoured the room for a guest who's table was marked with the VIP sign. Spotting one, she honed in, not-too-gently shoving anyone who was in her way, out of it. "Hii!" She began to write down his order, scratching out stuff as he flipped and flopped between what he wanted. "Um. Right. Then ... you want ... uh. I'll be back with your meal!" Frowning a little bemusedly at her pad, she headed back to the kitchen. What did he order again?

Quote:
RED TEAM
DINING ROOM - second round

amicableAggressor rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:45 pm
Pausing at her station, she stared blankly at her station for a few seconds. He had said he wanted, two ... ripsotto? And then uh, a what? Did he just want ripsotto? Putting her hands on her hips and closing her eyes, she took a moment to center herself. She could do this right? After all, she had just finished off an order for what had to be the -most- picky customer in the entire restaurant. Re-rolling her sleeves and patting the front of her apron clean, she set to work on the final order. Feeling more confident with the ripsotto than the skellington, she prepared two of them and one skellington.

Thanks possibly to her unwillingness to really try with the dish, her second skellington came out just as lopsided as the first. Maybe she just wasn't wrapping them properly? She hadn't really worked with pastry before. Glancing around at the ingredients, and after a little thought, she added a good helping of ground potpourri spice to each of the dishes. He was either going to like this or run crying to the washroom and stick his face under the sink.

Quote:
RED TEAM
KITCHEN - second round
Either 2 Panty Crab RIPsotto and 1 Tea Deer Skellington OR 2 Tea Deer Skellington and 1 Panty Crab RIPsotto. Make 'em spicy!
1 mistake on the skellington

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:47 pm
[DINING ROOM - VIP]

Coming out of the kitchen all the way to the VIP guest's table was a balancing act for the reaper. Two plates were laid on one arm while she held the third dish with her other hand. Silently but with the same small, pleasant, non-threatening smile on her face she lowered all three puddings before the boil. Purposely, she laid the ah pudding with bits of treat and full cream as last for him to sample. Hoping that he might be too full to eat the third dish by then, or his tongue would be too accustomed to the taste to notice the variations to the recipe.

She beamed sweetly at him, bowed, and wordlessly excused herself so he could enjoy his meal in peace. She did, however, hover within his line of sight in case he needed her for anything else.

OOC
RED TEAM
[ Step 3 ] VIP Guest
VIP: Kwasi (amicableAggressor)
Mistake: 2 Star (the first pudding has bits of frozen treat paws, and Ruth accidentally used full cream instead of half oz so it might taste richer than required)

amicableAggressor
Feel free to complain to Ruth~

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas