Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Niall Hughes - Mind Healer ~London Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:39 pm
User Image
User Image

Single☰Pureblood☰Younger Brother☰

Hold on, hold on so strong, time just carries on
All that you thought was wrong is pure again
You can't hide forever from the thunder
Look into the storm and feel the rain

Niall knew theoretically that he could've done this work in his office, granted using a lumos or other balls of light as a visual aide but he felt that would've been sort of rude. So he stayed late putting the finishing touches on a rather difficult case from St. Mungos while stifling his yawns and trying not to have his eyes stray to his clock too often. He knew that vampires woke up at night but, goodness it was getting rather late even by their standards wasn't it? Despite his best efforts he let loose a yawn and wondered if he had an extra pepper up stashed somewhere besides the ones that had been depleted this past week. Whoops, speaking of that, he should probably commission one of the potion masters or someone to make up another batch. He'd do it himself but he was average at potions at best and pepper up had never really been his strong suit. How he got a NEWT in the subject will always inspire a sense of disbelief within him. That and extreme gratitude for Ada to help with the studying. He was actually writing that note to himself on a little sticky pad (in the shape of comic book onomatopoeia's, how cool was that?!) when he was startled by Virgil's words. And by startled he means he might've yelped and thrown his sticky pad and pen towards the source, i.e. Virgil. Thankfully his aim is terrible on a good day so the pad made it by his plant by the window rather than the doorway and he was positive his pen was behind him somewhere. When he calmed down and realized that not only was Virgil awake and talking but that he also wasn't draining him for sustenance he briefly wondered if it would be highly unprofessional to hug him. He rationalized that it was after hours and shouldn't count but still refrained. Instead, Niall stood with a sheepish expression and blush grimacing at the soreness of his legs and backside. "It's no problem. To uh, both subjects. I didn't want to seem like I was intruding plus you did ask rather politely in your note." he told him with a nervous chuckle. He then realized he was about to actually step on a report that needed to be sent back to the hospital in the morning and began gathering his stuff but trying to keep an eye on Virgil at the same time. The young man looked dead on his feet. Unintentional truth aside. "As flattering as it is thinking that I'm the first you've told of your new status, why are you here Virgil? What has happened..besides the obvious of course." It had been easier pulling teeth from a basilisk than to get the man to come to his weekly visits beforehand and even if he had come he would either not talk or Dante would come out and do all the talking which was not very enlightening. Although some of his curses were rather original, he had to give that credit. Admittedly he had been doing better (to the joy of himself and his poor plants) but then he had disappeared which worried him since he could've been on the brink of a relapse with no one around to help and now he was bleached white and had a completely liquid diet. It was well within his rights to know why.

Diamond Wales

{Where~ My office
With~ Apparently Virgil
Why~ I'm wondering the same thing
Thoughts~ There are literally no words}

You wanna run away, run away
And you say that it can't be so
You wanna look away, look away
But you stay 'cause it's all so close
When you stand up and hold out your hand
In the face what I don't understand
My reason to be brave

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:42 pm
User Image
                                                I sat alone, in bed 'til the morning
                                                I'm crying, "They're coming for me"
                                                And I tried to hold these secrets inside me
                                                My mind's like a deadly disease

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Aᴜɢᴜʀᴇʏ Cʟᴀɴ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ

════════════════════════

Virgil watched with a slight hint of amusement as Niall threw what looked like some kind of brick of paper and a pen, the brick landing in the general vicinity of his plant, while Virgil could easily spot the glint of the pen somewhere behind the chair behind Niall. He'd blocked better shots than that at school, which caused the vampire to shake his head and step more into the room. He still kept a bit of distance from Niall, if nothing else he was a Hufflepuff in school, and they did have the nasty tendency to just hug people. However, his note seemed to have garnered him at least a bit of a peaceful day's sleep, so at least he wasn't looking at an angry therapist. He nodded though, thinking that this was probably the most awkward conversation he was ever going to have with the (slightly) older man, if for no other reason than he had to explain something to the man. Which, of course meant he was able to predict Niall's next questions.

When he heard it, Virgil grimaced. No, he did not like discussing his precarious mental health. However, he had gotten at least somewhat comfortable with discussing his issues with Niall before his kidnapping and subsequent death. Now he was debating about how much he was going to tell the other man. He knew about Megan from Rick, Shaw's escape from Azkaban had been published in the Prophet, and he was certain that it wouldn't have taken a genius to figure out that Virgil's disappearance had coincided with his father's subsequent death. He knew that much from finding out that the body had been dumped somewhere. He would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that discussion when they discovered the bites and wondered at his cause of death. However, he was content to stay far from that conversation as he could easily be implicated due to his new nature. Ugh, yet another reason why he hated the idea of drinking from his father. He however didn't have a say, since Dante had decided enough was enough.
                                                "You're not. Jaslyn, she was the first one to know. She... hasn't spoken to me in a while afterward."

Images of Jaslyn's face as she told him about her impending motherhood flashed before his eyes, only to be replaced with her screams as she begged him to help. He knew she had, Dante had said as much. It however was nothing compared to the horror on her face when Dante had drained their father dry, a horror that Virgil had reciprocated. No matter how nasty or cruel Shaw Ross had been, it had been his father. All Dante had done was end his life. "The past came back to haunt me," he said quietly. "My father, he tracked me down. He..." Shaking his head, Virgil banished the instant images of hatred that had been etched on Shaw's face and instead decided to focus on the real issue. "It doesn't matter. What's done is done. It just revealed that Dante, for all of his flaws, is a veritable saint compared to what apparently lurks in the recesses of my mind. That's why."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Good, he actually read that damned note.
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I paced around for hours, on empty
                                                I jumped at the slightest of sounds
                                                And I couldn't stand the person inside me
                                                I turned all the mirrors around

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:19 pm
User Image
User Image

Hold on, hold on so strong, time just carries on
All that you thought was wrong is pure again
You can't hide forever from the thunder
Look into the storm and feel the rain

Niall grimaced as he could see the amusement on Virgil's face even from his position before sitting in his usual seat. He did however blink in surprise when he was corrected by the man saying that his sister had been the first to know. And from the way he said it he had to either assume that she had been there when he was turned or was there for the aftermath. Either way it didn't sound like a very positive thing. Instead of questioning it further he decided to wait for Virgil to get into the right frame of mind to answer his questions. Hopefully that frame wasn't Dante but if he had the answers he needed, he'd make due. He had perfected his shield spells because of him after all. His eyes widened when he eventually started his tale mentioning that his father had come back and tracked him down. Niall remembered Virgil being in an especially foul mood one week which coincided with the breakout of Azkaban and had to assume that his father had been one of the convicts. And that whatever he had done had lead to his eventual undead...ness. He paused in his questioning about more on his father when he caught the comment about Dante and was a bit startling. What could be worse than that more than slightly deranged lunatic?! Oh. Oh dear. "There's another alter isn't there? Do I need to put up a shield? Does he immediately go for unforgiveables or just plays around first? Ohmygod, is it a girl? Females are actually more vicious than men when it comes to torture, its a fact!" Niall said just a little hysterically. He had a right! Dante tried to throw his couch at him the first few times they met!

Diamond Wales

{Where~ My office
With~ Apparently Virgil
Why~ I'm wondering the same thing
Thoughts~ There are literally no words}

You wanna run away, run away
And you say that it can't be so
You wanna look away, look away
But you stay 'cause it's all so close
When you stand up and hold out your hand
In the face what I don't understand
My reason to be brave

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:22 am
User Image
                                                I sat alone, in bed 'til the morning
                                                I'm crying, "They're coming for me"
                                                And I tried to hold these secrets inside me
                                                My mind's like a deadly disease

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Aᴜɢᴜʀᴇʏ Cʟᴀɴ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ Vᴀᴍᴘɪʀᴇ

════════════════════════

Virgil blinked as suddenly Niall asked about there being another alter. He winced, rubbing his forehead as he thought about how best to say this. It wasn't every day that someone ran into a split personality, but he knew better than most just what constituted as dangerous. Dante was dangerous only to those that he perceived as a threat. Virgie was a danger to not only anyone he met, but Virgil himself. He knew that Dante had nearly gotten him murdered by his father, but that was after Virgie had decided to go along with Shaw to begin with. Add to that the fact that Virgie had basically murdered his sister's unborn child, and Virgil did not want that floating around in his head. He'd happily be obliviated if that was the only way to get rid of Virgie for good, but that would leave him basically unable to function, and more importantly, more dangerous than either Dante or Virgie could ever be, since at that point he'd be a vampire without anything even remotely resembling control. "Yes, there is. No, you can't meet him, and no, he is definitely male. However, he has the mind of an eight-year-old child at best, and is already guilty of murder."

He shook his head, shifting a bit and then deciding to take a seat himself, trying to sort out exactly what he was going to say. Taking a deep breath, he decided to start from the beginning, at least from what he could recall. "It helped facilitate my kidnapping by my father, and later when Fa-Shaw was torturing me, it decided to come out to beg him to stop. It.... It cheered my father on as he made Jaslyn miscarry, and had told Shaw that Jaslyn had been pregnant in the first place. Dante may be many things, but even he draws the line at murdering unborn children." He rubbed at his temples, trying to organize enough of his thoughts to stop the images of Jaslyn lying in a pool of her own blood, and ignore the fact that he had wanted to feast on her as soon as he was turned. "I want him gone. Circe do I want him gone! I don't want this, and Dante, he's too busy trying to make sure that it can't escape. It'd go straight for Megan, and has tried before to contact her. I'm just lucky that my owl knows me well enough to refuse to send anything from anyone else."

════════════════════════

Thinking: Good, he actually read that damned note.
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I paced around for hours, on empty
                                                I jumped at the slightest of sounds
                                                And I couldn't stand the person inside me
                                                I turned all the mirrors around

Yukina101

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:03 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx« Rυвιη Aкѕηєѕ Ɛι∂є »
Writer/Journalist Potioneer Owner of J Pippin's Potions Durmstrang Graduate Half-Blood Metamorphagus xxxxxx

User Image

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

I ρℓє∂gє αℓℓєgιαηcє тσ тнє υη∂єяωσяℓ∂
                                                    Oηє ηαтιση υη∂єя∂σg, тнєяє σƒ ωнιcн I ѕтαη∂ αℓσηє
                                                    A ƒαcє ιη тнє cяσω∂, υηѕυηg αgαιηѕт тнє мσℓ∂
                                                    Ɯιтнσυт α ∂συвт, ѕιηgℓє∂ συт, тнє σηℓу ωαу I кησω

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂ ▂

It was his lunch-break when Rubin made his first stop in St. Mungo's to take a visit of his Dragon Keeper of a brother, it has been five days or four when something shitty happened again with that guy but at least he was recovering now. He would want to, like, roll his eyes so hard he could actually see the future, but bad news was that he was no seer nor did he took Divination. His brother Austmar really had to step it up for real, even Matteo did better in not always landing on a hospital bed than him despite being an auror. And really, if that little (but not really, he was way taller than Rubin) s**t ended up losing an arm, Rubin might or might not slap him across the face.

Anyway, what's done was now done, his next stop was the office a few blocks away from this hospital. And at least Ada was right, this was really the place, and it did match the address she'd given to him. Inside his sleek black shoulder bag was a small-ish pack of Calming Draughts (because he realized that he forgot to put that type of potion on sale in his shop) and well, a pair of sealed cups of warm cocoa. It was pretty much intended as a form of some semi-apology gift or something like that, not that he was entirely sorry about it. After pushing away with black-and-teal hair away from his eyes for a few seconds, Rubin knocked the door politely as he was planning to clear up the air to that little s**t that he was not flirting with him. While at same time, maybe apologize for being a semi-bullying tease to him maybe? Eh, well again, it wasn't like he didn't feel that sorry. At one point, if this guy was a Mind Healer and dealt with some clients maybe he shouldn't be flipping his s**t out to someone he was being red-faced on. He found himself pretty, sure, but not someone to flip about.

▂ ▂▂ ▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

Oηє ℓιgнт, σηє мιη∂, ƒℓαѕнιηg ιη тнє ∂αяк
                                                    Ɓℓιη∂є∂ ву тнє ѕιℓєηcє σƒ α тнσυѕαη∂ вяσкєη нєαятѕ
                                                    "Ƒσя cяуιηg συт ℓσυ∂," ѕнє ѕcяєαмє∂ υηтσ мє
                                                    A ƒяєє ƒσя αℓℓ, ƒ*cк 'єм αℓℓ: Ƴσυ'яє ση уσυя σωη ѕι∂є

ᙎITᕼ [himself (so far)] ᗩT [Niall Hughes' Office]

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >

out of character

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:58 pm
User Image
User Image

Coming out of my cage
And I've been doing just fine
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall was jotting down his notes and assessments from his last client noting the progression they had made as well as the notable regression. He didn't make it a habit of judging his clients but this one just caused him major headaches after every session. He was debating asking St. Mungo's to have him change to a more experienced healer if only so he didn't have to take a headache reliever and contemplate the bottle of complementary firewhiskey he received his first day of business hidden in his office. Either drinking it or bashing it against his own skull, whichever got the job done. Maybe bashing it against the other guy's skull would make it better. He scowled as he saw that he had accidentally wrote out "possibility of head injury" and groaned knowing he'd have to write it out all over again to make it look professional. Dammit, he wished the wizards would discover Microsoft soon, he was tired of doing everything by hand. He barely put his pen to paper when he heard a knock on his door and frowned before taking a quick glance at his pocket watch. His next appointment wasn't due for another hour at the latest and his friends didn't exactly stop by like they did with each other's jobs, not like he'd blame them. Actually he might since his clients were supposed to be confidential. That wasn't the point nor was it the answer to who was randomly knocking on his door. It wouldn't be Virgil, he had a habit of just barging in and waiting for his session, Rick was away probably teaching this very moment, and though Dominique usually knocked he also very cautiously sent an owl ahead of his arrival. It had been a pleasant surprise one day to find Virgil's boyfriend coming to visit him about the other man's progress. Though he couldn't tell him much, or really anything, it was still touching how worrisome the Frenchman was over the other man. Funny as well since it annoyed the vampire to no end which usually would result in a barrage of insults and possible hexes their next session but still completely worth it. Niall realized with a start that the knocking had happened over a minute ago and he still hadn't moved before quickly jumping up and going to his office door. Opening it he was startled to see the man from the potions shop there and silently and internally blamed Ada and her busybody ways. "Erm, hullo. What can I do for you?" the Irishman asked very confused. After lamenting for about a day and a half about how he found a member of his sex attractive and having to then come to terms with his unknowingly skewed sexuality he hadn't really expected to see the other man, well, ever.

{Where~ Office
With~ Rubin
Why~ Working, him? No idea
Thoughts~ I'm so sending a howler to Ada}

Jealousy, turning saints into the sea
Swimming through sick lullabies
Choking on your alibis
But it's just the price I pay
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:54 am
Writer/Journalist Potioneer Owner of J Pippin's Potions Durmstrang Graduate Half-Blood Metamorphagus xxxxxx

User Image

Rubin was hoping that he would hear something like "I'm coming" or whatever, which made him blink once then twice when Niall opened the door. The metamorphagus was a bit startled as well, and he hoped that didn't mean it was going to mess up his hair color when he wasn't being careful about reacting to things. Not that he was an emotional type of sort but hey, it's magic, it just popped it when you didn't even need that to happen. Keeping his level head on the game, he removed his shades from his eyes before he spoke up, sounding unprepared, "Hey, Niall, I hope you're not busy?" Then at the corner of his hazel eye he tried to see if there was any sign of being busy, but well he couldn't say if it's an office or something; one thing for sure was that it was too bland and too white. Well, he didn't have any right to judge, he just did not like pale colors. "Anyway, about last time, there's this lady-- apparently her dad turned out to be my boss, Jon Blythe-- she said that she's your friend and well, I found out that you think I was flirting with with you and as a result you're planning to avoid my pace like some plague so..." He fished out something from his bag to get a pack of seven Calming Draughts when he decided to add it to his store list this morning (because he just realized that of all the many medicinal potions in his shop, he had to forget to add that one semi-demanding potion in his stock list). "So I just stocked these draughts this morning because I realized that I didn't add them in the shop and so I'm giving like maybe some of these for your job as a form of some apology or something, but maybe not really because I wasn't flirting with you and I think you really need to step it up,"

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >

out of character

[quote="Yukina101]

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 10:47 pm
User Image
User Image

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall couldn't control the slight twitch in his right eye at the almost flippant tone of the shopkeeper as he asked if he was busy. No, he just stayed in his office all day reading comic books and asking clients "how does that make you feel?" of course he was busy! But his damned propriety of and well upbringing wouldn't allow him to snark like he wanted to at that moment. Ok, maybe not his upbringing and more his personal moral code. "A bit yeah but, again, what can I do for you?" He briefly wondered if he should move out of the way to allow the man passage into his office but he sort of wanted to know the reason for his visit before being so chummy. Thankfully the other man jumped right to it explaining that some woman had randomly shown up to him telling him of his inner most thoughts and exaggerating them to a certain degree while he seethed inwardly. Ada was getting dead cactus for Yule this year, that much for certain. And no he wouldn't include a small gift afterwards by feeling guilty, that's how annoyed he was. For Merlin's sake, just because he had one whinging session about his budding sexuality did not mean she should go seek out the man who caused it and actually tell him of his fears?! Not everyone was lucky to marry the man who caught them falling out of trees! Niall quickly bit his tongue while he very much wanted to yell that he had no reason to avoid his shop since he rarely went potion shopping in the first place and that the time before had been an emergency because he figured it wouldn't really make much of a difference to the man. Or to Ada for that matter. He did watch in traitorous curiosity as he began pulling out potions from his satchel recognizing them as a calming draught (only because he was familiar with handing them out to some of his more emotional clients) and wondered why he had brought them out. His question was quickly answered and he felt some of his indignation with the whole thing decrease a bit when he mentioned giving him the potions as a form of apology. Then it skyrocketed to epic proportions he didn't know existed when he needlessly added that it wasn't really an apology since he hadn't been flirting in the first place and that he should "step it up." Step what?! "First of all it's none of your business or my friends on what my feelings are towards you, if there are any after this 'wonderful' interaction." the Mind Healer practically hissed his words so filled with anger and a bit hurt that it was his friend that put him in this predicament. "Second, in the future, if your going to apologize, don't also add that you don't think you should be apologizing while secondhand insulting the person you're supposed to be apologizing to. And third, I have a supplier of all the potions I need and I'm quite full of the calming draught thank you very much. Please get off my step, or don't because I hope this actually catches." Niall told him before promptly slamming the door in the other's face. He'd probably feel really bad about all of that later on tonight but at the moment it felt sooooooooo good.

{Where~ Office
With~ Rubin

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:50 pm

User Image

Rubin raised up his free hand when Niall pointed out that it was none of his business about his budding possible feelings. "Okay, yes, fine. You're right, it was none of my business. I was hoping to clear the air that nope, I wasn't flirting with you but I already said that five seconds ago." His initial plan was to make both sides neutral with no uncomfortable shiftiness in the first place, but the Norwegian thought that it would not probably work if according to Ada, the Healer was being a noodle. Besides, he wasn't the flirting type, that was all Austmar's thing with the girls and it was much to Matteo's dismay, really. Besides, just because Rubin was pansexual did not mean that he was the type to crush over anyone firsthand. He could not] believe that there were shallow people who had thought of that! Like, it's 2033, they really need to suck it up or leave it. Period.

What made Rubin caught off-guard was when Niall snapped at him, pointing out about how terrible his apology was for making a second-hand insult. Yes, he was quite aware of his brutal honesty, and at one point he wanted to say that he was being brutally honest and didn't really spare others' feelings for it. However, it sank in quickly at the potioneer that Rubin maybe cross the line too far making him regret about what he just said. s**t, he had to fix this fast or Rubin might make a whole mess like he thought he did to his last loved one. When the guy asked him to leave, or well don't as he pretty much hope the door hit his face, before he swung the door. Rubin hastily said, "Wait! Okay, I'm sor-- SH*T!" He attempted to stop the door from closing by quickly slipping his right hand between the door's edge and the doorframe (apparently, his skills and reflexes as a chaser in Durmstrang was still retained), and he kind of succeeded in stopping the close for closing. The bad news was, it hurts. It ******** hurt his hand by the impulse of the door. It made him drop his small package of vials and cursed in the mix of Icelandic and Norwegian as he tried to pull out his hand but there was no avail. ******** this day, really. Maybe this time he could not blame the gods at all.

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >

out of character

[quote="Yukina101]

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:30 am
User Image
User Image

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall's feeling of elation lasted for all about three seconds before he heard the loud curse and saw some wiggling digits in his door frame. Nauseous, he quickly opened the door to free the hand before looking Rubin with a mix of bewilderment and anger. "What the-! Why-?! How did-?! Are you ******** mental?! Wait, please don't answer that or I may have an obligation to help you. Just...argghhhh, ********! Hold on a second..." Unlike some of his friends he hand't taken Healing in school mainly so he could avoid more of his family's ire but on some days when he fell or garnered carpal tunnel he truly regretted it. Then there were days like today where he began rifling through his desk for his healing spells cheatsheet that he garnered after one too many slips on the biking trails. With it in hand, Niall came back to Rubin with his wand already pointed out with a diagnostic spell on the tip of his tongue. Thankfully it came back negative for anything broken though he'd definitely be feeling it for the next few days unless he healed it himself or went to St. Mungos. "Nothing's broken which is a good thing for you since I still haven't completely mastered the mending bone spell." he grumbled not even looking the multicolored man in the face instead giving his attention to his steadily swelling hand. "I suggest ice, rest, some healing paste, and for you to never do that type of s**t again! Merlin you practically gave me an ulcer! What was so important that you risked the use of you hand?!" Niall continued griping not noticing he had cursed more in the past few minutes than he had in the past three years.

{Where~ Office
With~ Rubin

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:26 am

User Image

Rubin was really considering in kicking the door so hard when Niall finally opened it, he immediately pulled out his hand out of the door. He was trying so hard to convince himself that he should have high pain tolerance because of his Quidditch Experience and his rough school life but it didn't really mean it was all skewed to hell. Austmar had it worse, anyway. Rubin was going to do the Diagnosis Spell and had his wand on his left hand when Niall went in first. He took off his glove and looked at his bruising hand, he tried opening his palm and closing it again. Sheesh, just doing it already hurt, then he made a gentle tap on it with his Elm Wand, "Wundus Healiom," And there, it was done now, at least he didn't have to go to St. Mungo and get laughed at by his brother Austmar. "Don't worry, I know Healing abit too much because I think I need it. Also, I don't want to go back to Mungo's only to see my brother there laughing at me and making hand-jokes," He sighed, "Okay, look. I'm sorry, okay? I really am. It's just that I tend to be brutally honest and I'm aware of that," He shrugged, and to begin with his siblings already pointed him out for dropping truth bombs, it kinda drilled that he was already aware of it so what else was new? "I just... I just come here to clear the air and not freak you out, okay? It's not like I'm here to torment you, that's my younger bror's job." He rolled his eyes in dismay every time he mentioned Austmar, that kid was a mess for a Dragon Keeper.

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >

out of character

[quote="Yukina101]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:57 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx« Rυвιη Aкѕηєѕ Ɛι∂є » xx
Journalist Potioneer Owner of J Pippin's Potions Durmstrang Alumni Half-Blood Metamorphagus xxxxxx

User Image

Tнιѕ ιѕ ɢoѕpel ғor тнe ғαlleɴ oɴeѕ, locĸed αwαy ιɴ perмαɴeɴт ѕlυмвer,
                                                    Aѕѕeмвlιɴɢ тнeιr pнιloѕopнιeѕ ғroм pιeceѕ oғ вroĸeɴ мeмorιeѕ...
                                                    Oн, тнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт, тнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт
                                                    Tнeιr ɢɴαѕнιɴɢ тeeтн αɴd crιмιɴαl тoɴɢυeѕ coɴѕpιre αɢαιɴѕт тнe oddѕ--

Rubin was trying to tell himself that the incident that happened at home wouldn't affect his job, especially as a journalist. But apparently, it was starting to wear him out as he still could not stop pondering about his recent issue. One time, he had to force himself to get that article finished before the deadline and well, sure, he was thankfully able to submit his writing on time; But he was only lucky about that one because that article was only a few sentences left before he could call it done.

After that, he was starting to get the feeling that he wasn't able to do his hobbies properly in ease; such as painting and writing. Gods, he hated getting a writer's block, or an artist's block; Either way he hated it. And recently, for some reason, there were times his hair just turned to brown and was stuck to that for a long duration of time as he had a hard time handling his ability (Hell, even now it was still brown), and the last time Rubin ever had his hair revert to his natural brunette was about three years ago with his brother's incident but that didn't really last long. He decided to just suck it up with the hair color and wait until he could get a grip on it somehow.

As for asking anyone to lend an ear if he could actually talk about his personal situation regarding Drew, he could have asked his brothers for some words but he didn't think Matteo would do any help about it, neither was Austmar. Instead, of all, people, he sent his snow owl Valki to send a letter to a certain acquaintance of him the other day before coming here, that way he would hope that the guy would get a heads-up and not freak out. Well, he and Niall had been doing fine over the past year after the truce. Though, as much as the potioneer didn't like to say out loud, he still felt that the guy was still kind of mad at him? Maybe he just thought of that because he was just being temporarily pessimistic. Sighing, he took a deep breath and decided to knock the door, his voice sounding cautious which was a bit of a contrary compared to his usual tone, "Um... Hello? This is Rubin, I hope that you got my letter that I'm visiting?"

--Bυт тнey нαveɴ’т ѕeeɴ тнe вeѕт oғ υѕ yeт, ιғ yoυ love мe leт мe ɢo!
                                                    ‘Cαυѕe тнeѕe wordѕ αre ĸɴιveѕ αɴd oғтeɴ leαve ѕcαrѕ
                                                    Tнe ғeαr oғ ғαllιɴɢ αpαrт, αɴd тrυтн вe тold, I ɴever wαѕ yoυrѕ
                                                    Tнe ғeαr, тнe ғeαr oғ ғαllιɴɢ αpαrт... Tнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт

ᙎITᕼ [himself] ᗩT [just outside the office]

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >

out of character

Yukina101

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:00 pm
User Image
User Image

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall had finished up with most of his clients for the day and was attempting to get a leg up on paperwork when he heard the knock on his door as well as the nervous greeting. He sighed remembering that he had in fact received the man's missive about wanting to discuss things and had, very briefly mind, contemplated asking if they could meet another day besides today. Not to be petty, St. Mungos was going through one of their yearly "detoxes" and asked for certain healers and patients to get checked out by him. Dear Merlin, the amount of people they sent over was ridiculous, though not as much as the amount of paperwork he was supposed to be doing. Which he was slowly getting buried and behind in. Ugh, he supposed since he would be doing an all-nighter to complete the day's work he might as well go ahead and help an immediate person in need rather than just an overworked Healer and hypochondriac patient. Niall straightened his tie and uselessly ruffled his hair before opening the door and offering Rubin a wan grin. "Sorry I took awhile, I'm up to my neck in paperwork. Come in, and please take a seat in here." He directed the older man towards his green painted room while he went and took a seat in his usual squishy armchair. "So I got your letter but I'm afraid it was pretty generalized. Could you explain exactly what it is you need help with?" he asked with a pensive expression.

{Where~ Office
With~ Rubin
Why~ Hopefully to help
Thoughts~}

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:13 am
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx« Rυвιη Aкѕηєѕ Ɛι∂є » xx
Journalist Potioneer Owner of J Pippin's Potions Durmstrang Alumni Half-Blood Metamorphagus xxxxxx

User Image

Tнιѕ ιѕ ɢoѕpel ғor тнe ғαlleɴ oɴeѕ, locĸed αwαy ιɴ perмαɴeɴт ѕlυмвer,
                                                    Aѕѕeмвlιɴɢ тнeιr pнιloѕopнιeѕ ғroм pιeceѕ oғ вroĸeɴ мeмorιeѕ...
                                                    Oн, тнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт, тнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт
                                                    Tнeιr ɢɴαѕнιɴɢ тeeтн αɴd crιмιɴαl тoɴɢυeѕ coɴѕpιre αɢαιɴѕт тнe oddѕ--

Rubin took a step back when he heard a click on the door knob, then blinked when the healer apologized for taking some time before actually opening the door, which he really didn't mind at all. He was pretty much patient, to be honest, but then again potioneers like Rubin were expected to be like that because otherwise, their work would be a volcanic disaster. "It's alright." He said, trying to give the man a small forced smile, "I'm a potioneer; we're bound to be patient, I guess." Though, he felt pretty bad when Niall went on to say that he had been busy with his work, did Rubin arrived at the wrong time or something? He might, he might not. But he was here now, communication was irreversible, after all.

The metamorphagus followed the healer to a green-painted room, which made Rubin blink in surprise. The room was kind of... well, vibrant but surprisingly it wasn't that bad for such a color pick considering that at least there were some brown colors to neutralize it. "I'm pretty sure anyone said this to you before but, this room's kind of nice." He commented sincerely, then he had a thought, 'Wait a second... That was awkward' He thought it was considering how Rubin had been abit harsh on Niall during that one time he didn't think both of them wanted to recall. Well, it wasn't like he would stop being blunt to the people to deserved it but still.

He facepalmed at himself when he was being told that the letter he sent was written in a broad form, somehow he might have forget to be more specific. But Rubin was a writer, he wasn't sure why would anyone to take time understanding his writings. Sitting down to his seat and sighed as he began to contemplate about what he was going to say, well where should he even begin? "Okay um... Before I get to the big details, I think I should give you an abstract first. My problem is well, recently, I have some big personal problems at home with my family and I wasn't able to do my job properly. By job, I didn't mean as a potioneer, I mean as a writer and a journalist. I mean, it shouldn't be that way since I usually get s**t done but lately I just feel, I don't know what word should match but I think 'blank' or 'foggy' should do. And well, another thing is, I know this is obvious but I'm a metamorphagus-- And the problem is that lately I just can't use my ability properly and this has been happening for days." He pointed at his brown hair which was a contrast to his usual experimenting of hair colors, then added, "I think that's kind of an abstract and well, there were some more details. Should I go further more?" Rubin sounded uncertain and wasn't even sure if he was overwhelming the guy with his talking, which he thought it didn't make sense because he was here to talk about his problem. What was something that made him being straightforward difficult?

--Bυт тнey нαveɴ’т ѕeeɴ тнe вeѕт oғ υѕ yeт, ιғ yoυ love мe leт мe ɢo!
                                                    ‘Cαυѕe тнeѕe wordѕ αre ĸɴιveѕ αɴd oғтeɴ leαve ѕcαrѕ
                                                    Tнe ғeαr oғ ғαllιɴɢ αpαrт, αɴd тrυтн вe тold, I ɴever wαѕ yoυrѕ
                                                    Tнe ғeαr, тнe ғeαr oғ ғαllιɴɢ αpαrт... Tнιѕ ιѕ тнe вeαт oғ мy нeαrт

ᙎITᕼ [Niall] ᗩT [some green room]

Sıиgłe Aттıяe Tħeмe Søиg

< Oυт.Of.Cøитeχт >

out of character

Yukina101

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:14 pm
User Image
User Image

Coming out of my cage
Gotta gotta be down
Because I want it all

Niall gave Rubin a small sort of relieved smile at his positive reaction to his green room, too used to his friends and a few clients telling him what they disliked about it. "Thank you. I chose the color scheme to help relax clients but, honestly I find that some relax more complaining about it than anything." he said with a sheepish chuckle. He placed his fingers in steeples as he listened to the veritable word vomit that erupted from the other man's mouth as to why he had written to him in the first place. At his mentions of feeling blank and foggy he merely nodded already coming up with ideas as to why it might be but for the most part he only stated the after-effects and not what had caused them. He wasn't truly surprised, most of his clients were just that because they had found wrong ways to cope to handle the effects of whatever trauma had befallen them. When he had finished he gave the man a brief once over seeing that he did seem a tad duller since he last saw him (granted the last time he had seen him was practically a year ago) and that his hair wasn't its usual vibrant hue but he was guessing his natural coloring. "From what you've told me, you're internalizing a conflict so much to a point that its affecting your work and even your magic. See, when we have or go through conflict, especially if its one with a close friend or family, we fret and worry over this conflict and unless we tell that person how we feel or apologize we internalize it. And when we internalize it, it finds different ways to come out or express itself. Rather like your writer's block and how your stagnant metamorphagus ability. So, in the most specific of terms, what's really bothering you? What's happened recently that's made you upset?" Niall asked him leaning forward just slightly while crossing one leg over the other.

{Where~ Office
With~ Rubin
Why~ Hopefully to help
Thoughts~}

Choking on your alibis
Destiny is calling me
Open up my eager eyes
Cause I'm Mr Brightside

Jade Galaksylph

Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games