Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ THE CORRIDOR OF DREAMS } Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
and be blue rolled 1 12-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-12)

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:54 pm
[ POST APOCALYPTIC ]

You drink a drink that tastes a little sharp and acidic. You dream a dream where you live in a post-apocalyptic world where all your friends have died. Your only companion is a talking minipet named (the character of the person who posted above you. If there isn't one just pick a friend of your character). They mostly say insane things such as (whatever garbled dialogue the post above you has). You deal with a solitary life alone.

One dream blended into another: a monster that swung at him, and Ever was too dumb, too lost, too confused to stop the creature's weapon -- but he'd get a good long look at Pachua's face before he woke up again, gasping, staring at the bottles. He didn't want to drink anymore. He wanted out of here. These were alternating fun and terrifying and the up and down was as nerve-wracking as just horror.

What else could he do, though? Licking his lips, shaking horribly, he'd grab another vial: sharp, like vinegar, it went down.

The apocalypse, for Ever, had come in ice: ice that washed over everything, that left him bundled up tight in heavy furs and leather, only a sliver of his face exposed to winds that left his skin chapped. Beside him, as he looked over a field of great monsters that just might be dinner, sat Pachua: the winged minipet, looking pale and weak from the cold. This climate didn't suit him, and Ever knew that, but...sacrifices had to be made.

“Oh my god… are you human?!" The little monster whispered it, and Ever shot him a whithering, frustrated look. This again.

"I've been human for decades, now, you stupid thing. Be quiet, we're hunting." He had a makeshift spear, and as he spoke, he adjusted the grip, eyes flashing back toward dinner.

"AAAAAAAA How did this even happen?" Pachua fluttered, a couple inches off the snow, a foot to the left and then back, sounding panicked and apologetic.

"I don't even remember. Shut up or I'll make you shut up." He shook his head, disgusted, crouching lower as one of the beasts looked toward them. "Why do I even keep you around?"

His eyes flashed briefly back to Pachua, only to see the creature flutter up into sight, frantic, "I don’t want to do this but if I don’t the world will end!”

He was attracting the monsters, and Ever shouted, straightening himself, prepared to take on far too many of them, almost certainly about to die.

"It already did you dumb ******** creature!"

endejester

endejester rolled 1 12-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:10 pm
Rolling for Pachua!!

Post below because I fail at posts today  

endejester

Feral Cat

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:34 pm
and be blue

EVENT 3: You drink a drink that tastes a little bitter-sour. You dream a dream where you have become the ultimate evil, and by choice. You have obtained great power, at a price. You witness prisoners captured, especially (the character of the person who posted above you. If there isn't one just pick a friend of your character). You say something to them and they respond with (whatever garbled dialogue the post above you has). A choice is made.

'There has to be a way out of this madhouse." He muttered to himself before taking another drink, slightly frustrated and offended by the sliding dreams and their confusing dialog.

The new drink panged of bitter or sour, or both somehow and he shuddered as it slid down his throat.

So the blond human wasn’t dead, grumpy and offensive but not dead despite the blind swing he’d made…so the world must have ended…and he’d chosen to end it because he couldn’t kill that person.

“Oh man… so, I didn’t kill you and now I’m EVIL?! “ He flustered, how much did human perspective shape the future he wondered. It was a very chicken and the egg moment because who or what came first? Did monsters shape the fears of humans? Or did humans shape monsters from their fears?

“How did you end up a prisoner? Was this because I didn’t kill you to stop the world from ending? How much of this comes from the minds of humans do you know?”

"I've been human for decades, now, you stupid thing. Be quiet, we're hunting."

That took him aback, utterly confused he shook his head.

“Are you a hunter?!” he blinked. “Do you know Davie? Did he survive any of this? I met him in wonderland!” "I don't even remember. Shut up or I'll make you shut up. Why do I even keep you around?"

“You’re the prisoner in this nightmare! What are you talking about!”

"It already did you dumb ******** creature!"

“What already did? Stupid HUMAN can you not give a strait answer?!” He tossed his hands up in a fury, wings flaring to either side to make him appear larger, though he was likely the least intimidating evil despot in the history of the world.  
Zyphiris rolled 1 12-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:35 pm
EVENT 11: You drink a drink that tastes a little grapey. You dream a dream where your power is compromised, and you must sacrifice someone for the sake of everyone else. You pick (the character of the person who posted above you. If there isn't one just pick a friend of your character). You say something to them and they respond with (whatever garbled dialogue the post above you has).

It was a white room with a round table in the middle, 12 bottles of drink lining the edges like a clock face. The ghoul scooped up the note from the center.

Drink me, then enter the door.

Hah. A bit of Wonderland dejavu.

There was no indication of which one to drink. Fair enough, Wonderland never provided all the clues either.

The ghoul picked the bottle closest to her and from it she drank. She was glad it didn't taste too awful. There was little time to dwell on that thought, as she soon drifted off into a dream.

"RETREAT!" she shouted with a commanding voice. "ALL OF YOU, GET BEHIND ME."

The place was in chaos, students and hunters were crossing fire from both sides. She didn't know how many have been captured, but she could at least bring the ones around her back to safety.

With a stomp of her foot, an ice barrier erupted from the ground between her and the rest of the hunters. It was a temporary reprieve, just enough to buy them some time.

“Oh man… so, I didn’t kill you and now I’m EVIL?! “

The ghoul turned around to find a student captured by a group of hunters.

“How did you end up a prisoner? Was this because I didn’t kill you to stop the world from ending? How much of this comes from the minds of humans do you know?”

What? "I'm not- I'm one you YOU."

“Are you a hunter?!”

"No I-"

She could see the hunters rushing towards the barrier. There was no time left.

"I'm sorry." The frost demon turned to gather the rest of the students, pushing them forward.

I'm sorry.

endejester

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

and be blue rolled 1 12-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-12)

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:43 pm
ROLLING!

Already rolled this, so I picked:

You drink a drink that tastes a little sweet-sour. You immediately drift off and dream a dream where you are a hero rescuing a princess (the person who posts above you, if nobody posts above you, you can just choose a friend of your character's). The princess says whatever garbled dialogue the person who posted above you did. If they didn't say anything, the princess simply continues to shout "save me" dramatically. You must woo the princess out of a burning tower and then escape (or something like that).

Dreams of the end of the world -- several of them -- and Ever was left shaking his head, floundering a bit, trying to figure out what it meant. Perhaps they were prophetic. A sign of what was to come should the Hunters fail here today.

Impossible to tell. He reached again, sluggish now, to drink something sweet and sour like lemonade.

She was a girl made of ice, but the tower behind her was rickety wood, and even as he watched, it kindled slowly into flame: licking flame that crept up from the bottom toward the top, and Ever stared up at Edel as it spread upward.

RETREAT!" she shouted, demanding. "ALL OF YOU, GET BEHIND ME."

He blinked once, twice, lost, looking beyond the tower -- behind himself -- and then his expression settled, into focus again. Madness: that was why she'd been locked up there, of course, the madness that crept over her, and it was up to him to get her out before she went up in flame.

"Just stay there. Stay right there. Don't jump, I'm -- " He had no way of getting up there, but all at once, her stomping foot rained ice down on the tower, crawling down, spreading outward: a way up, though it looked treacherous and unstable.

It was also, of course, magic. Ever shuddered, looking up to notice the blue of her hair, the frost on her face. "...what are you? You're no princess..."

Worry crept across her face as she looked down. "I'm not- I'm one of YOU."

But Ever shook his head, slowly, unwilling to set foot on ice that seemed to be spreading, growing. "It's a trap."

"No I-" Fear, in her voice, but he was certain. Steady. He turned, and left her to the flames.

"I'm sorry," she said behind him, but it was too late.

Zyphiris

endejester rolled 12 12-sided dice: 2, 4, 12, 9, 2, 3, 4, 9, 1, 9, 6, 9 Total: 70 (12-144)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:51 pm
Zyphiris

Ugh ignore this fail roll …imma use the saner one below because it just makes more sense sorry! Use blue's post please!  

endejester

Feral Cat

Zyphiris rolled 1 12-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-12)

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:51 pm
Choosing another event
EVENT 9: You drink a drink that tastes a little fizzy. You dream a dream where you have become the ultimate minipet collector and battle master. Your rival however, is the son of the Professor Deadoak, named (the character of the person who posted above you. If there isn't one just pick a friend of your character). You challenge them to a minipet battle and they respond with (whatever garbled dialogue the post above you has). A choice is made.

The ghoul found herself back in the room, staring at an empty bottle on the table.

It was just a terrible dream. The frost demon looked down at her hands, covering them with ice crystal, as if she need proof that she was very much Halloween. A hunter? Her? It was impossible.

She made the right choice. She did, didn't she? Rather, there was nothing else she could have done....

Edel let out a frustrated sigh and rubbed her temple. She really wasn't in any mood or condition to deal with moral conflicts at this point.

But you might just face one right now.

The ghoul ignored those thoughts and grabbed the next bottle she saw, uncorking it and downing the contents as fast as she could. The fizziness stung her throat, but she didn't care. She just wanted this trial to end.

---

"Dingo, I CHOSE YOU!" she yelled, sending forth her Runic Inugami. Edel found herself crossing her arms and striking a confident pose before she even understood what was going on.

The ghoul stared across the floor, locking eyes with the boil she had seen in her dream before.

"Just stay there. Stay right there. Don't jump, I'm -- "

Why were they battling minipets?

"...what are you? You're no princess..."

"You're quite right about that, yes." So.... was this battle over?

"It's a trap." He laughed, calling forth his minipet to battle.

Edel pulled a face as she thought of how to react. "Uh- Dingo, do your thing?" The Runic Inugami started dashing towards the other minipet, chomping down hard on its hind.

The ghoul stared in horror as the minipets began to battle.

This was all just highly unethical.

and be blue

endejester rolled 1 12-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:53 pm
“I’m sorry… I’m sorry” the words were confusing but they chased him out of the end of one dream and back into reality. A strange whisper at the edge of the dream that didn’t match the face he’d dreamed of at all.

Zyphiris

The new drink was sour sweet, one of them had to be the right bottle didn't it? Maybe one would make more sense than the ones that had gone before.

He was so wrong.

He was… a prince. He rather liked that part, it meant he was noble and people sort of at least recognized him as such. What he was a little unclear on was how and why he was rescuing a princess that he really didn’t know, further more, how had she gotten trapped in a burning tower to start with?

He spread his wings and flew up to the tower top where she was and held out his hands to try and coax her to safety.

“Here! I’ve come to save you alright?” he said trying to be soothing.

"Dingo, I CHOSE YOU!"

“Um…” he blinked cautiously. “That’s that’s very nice, I’m glad you choose me, but my name isn’t Dingo all right? It’s Pachua, please we have to go!”

"You're quite right about that, yes."

“G-great, just take my hands ok?” He lifted her carefully free, angling his wings as she settled her weight into his arms, behind her a rafter crashed down, burned through to a smoldering charcoal wreck with embers dancing in the blackened grid that was the half consumed remains of the wood.

"Uh- Dingo, do your thing?" She said just before he flapped backwards driving them away from the rolling cloud of smoke though it made him cough all the same and small sparks burned at his skin and wings where they touched.

“That’s the idea Princess… Let’s get you to solid ground.”

and be blue

endejester

Feral Cat

and be blue rolled 1 12-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-12)

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:06 pm
[ MAWWIAGE ]

Already did 7 so I'm doing:
You drink a drink that tastes a little mellow. You dream a dream where you are getting married. As you walk up to the altar you realize the bride/groom isn't who you were expecting but instead, (the character of the person who posted above you. If there isn't one just pick a friend of your character). You say something to them and they respond with (whatever garbled dialogue the post above you has). A choice is made.

Minipets and castles and his head was aching, now, enough to make him dizzy. When he came to this time, Ever chugged as fast as he could.

There couldn't be THAT many more.

Ever didn't even own a suit coat, and yet here he was: done up completely in a white tux with a white bowtie, down to the white gloves. Flowers dripped from the surrounding trees and benches and hands of patrons whose faces he recognized -- and some he didn't -- and slowly, he approached the altar.

His 'bride' matched: white suit, white tie, turned away so that all he saw was the pale blue tumble of his hair until Pachua turned his head --

And Ever froze. "...you're not who I was expecting."

“Here! I’ve come to save you alright?” Was Pachua's response: cross, perhaps, that he was taking someone else's place.

"Save me?" A beat, and then Ever hummed, skeptical, settling in next to the man. "I guess it could be worse. You could be a woman..."

“Um…” Agreed Pachua, nodding and looking up to the priest: Taym, gaunt and angry, eyebrows knitted in complete disapproving as he started up the ceremony. Dearly beloved, we are gathered here...sickness and health....do you take this man, Dingo...

"I do," Replied Ever, perplexed, because it was the script.

“That’s that’s very nice, I’m glad you choose me, but my name isn’t Dingo all right? It’s Pachua, please we have to go!”

"Go?" Ever hesitated, looking at Pachua -- who was apparently not going to say I do, instead gesturing down the aisle and away, and Ever understood his meaning immediately. He nodded, relieved.

“G-great, just take my hands ok?” As Pachua offered, Ever took them -- was hauled up into the air, slowly, great beats of Pachua's wings lifting them up and away from the wedding and the patrons below, as Ever yelped incoherently.

"JESUS CHRIST! JUST TAKE ME HOME!"

“That’s the idea Princess… Let’s get you to solid ground.”

endejester
sorry I quoted you again

Zyphiris
just letting you know I posted!

Zyphiris rolled 1 12-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:06 pm
EVENT 7: You drink a drink that tastes a little sharp and acidic. You dream a dream where you live in a post-apocalyptic world where all your friends have died. Your only companion is a talking minipet named (the character of the person who posted above you. If there isn't one just pick a friend of your character). They mostly say insane things such as (whatever garbled dialogue the post above you has). You deal with a solitary life alone.

Edel awoke from the dream, and started to worry about what other kinds of insanity lay in the remaining bottles. The last one was less troubling, but pretty grim nonetheless.

The ghoul swept up another bottle from the table, taking small sips this time. She frowned as the sharp and acidic liquid washed over her tongue and throat, not liking the taste of it. Edel close her eyes and waited for the next dream to kick in.

---

Dust swept over the cobbled pavement as a stale wind blew by.

There was nothing left of Halloween Town.

"Did you find anything, Ever?" the ghoul called to her skeletal dog companion. He had returned with nothing.

"...you're not who I was expecting." he replied snarkily, turning around to head off in the other direction.

"I was about to start looking for you. In case you were in trouble."

"Save me?" he snorted, trotting along. "JESUS CHRIST! JUST TAKE ME HOME!"

The ghoul combed her messily cropped hair back, and began trekking back towards the ruins of Amityville. There was no laughter or shouting to be heard along its empty corridors. Not even the belligerent cussing from the gnomes.

Edel made her way back to the demon dorms commons, where she would sleep for the night. It was lonely, being the only one left.

"Would you like to hear something?" she said Ever, getting up from the couch that she had previously flopped onto.

"I do," he said, laying his head down on his front paws.

The ghoul lifted the piano cover and dusted off the keys. A finger pressed down on one and made a sound. It was still working. A sombre melody drifted through the empty hallways of the demon dorms.

and be blue

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Zyphiris rolled 1 12-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-12)

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:21 pm
Event 12: You drink a drink that tastes a little peachy.. You dream a dream where you are in a fantastic, colourful forest setting. A girl is seated on a mushroom but she has no face, just a blue dress and white apron with gold hair. She beckons you forward, and gives you a small hug. "You can do it", she whispers, and then you are back in this room, and in front of you is the open door. You exit.

She awoke from the dream, feeling rather depressed though oddly calm.

The apocalypse huh.

Her fingertips wandered over the neck of the next bottle, which she picked up and drank from. It tasted much more pleasant than the previous one, but she knew that was no indication of what was to come.

Perhaps I should pay more attention to the Hunter and Horsemen's conflict. she thought, drifting off into another dream.

---

She recognised this setting.

"ALICE." She greeted stiffly, staring at the faceless blonde girl before her. It took a bit of time to understand, back then, but the ghoul knew she owed ALICE a debt.

The frost demon hesitated for a moment before approaching the ghoul as called.

"You can do it"

---

Edel opened her eyes and found herself back in the room, the exit door now reveal. She'd been saved by ALICE again...

"Thank you," the ghoul whispered back, knowing she would be heard. "I'll remember you, too."

and be blue rolled 1 12-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:51 pm
[ SACRIFICE ]

You drink a drink that tastes a little grapey. You dream a dream where your power is compromised, and you must sacrifice someone for the sake of everyone else. You pick (the character of the person who posted above you. If there isn't one just pick a friend of your character). You say something to them and they respond with (whatever garbled dialogue the post above you has).

Also, this is my SEVENTH ROLL, so I will be exiting no matter what I roll my next post!

"I think I'm going to be sick," Ever offered thoughtfully, sprawled on the floor, when he woke up. Amory snickered in his head as he sat up, eyeing the six remaining bottles: half gone, and half to go. His chances were increasing, again. He reached for one slowly to drink.

He'd been on the altar, but now he held the blade: Amory, his stiletto, wickedly sharp and black between his hands, the tip settled against the girl's chest as she stared up at him.

"I'm sorry," He said, but he certainly didn't hesitate. He plunged downward.

"ALICE." The word bubbled out between the girl's lips, accompanied by a faint bubble of blood, even as the light died from her eyes.

And Ever shuddered, hard, shaking his head and stepping back, blood dripping from his blade.

"I'm sorry," He repeated, ears filled with a melancholy song.

Zyphiris
you're gone, but you got to die! :D

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
DarkHeartedSorrow rolled 1 12-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-12)

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:54 pm
[EXIT]

Nim bit her lip as she looked at the circle of bottles on the table. Any one of theme could be the key to getting out of here...

She went for the closest one to her, since it seemed to be the best way to start. She took a quick swig and made a surprised noise at the pleasant and peachy taste. The world faded away until there was nothing, and then around her sprouted grass, then bushes and trees. The sound of animals chirped around her and bright colors swirled along in front of her. It was the most lively forest she'd ever seen. It was gorgeous.

She turned and discovered she was not alone. On a huge mushroom sat a faceless girl, staring at her. Nim startled and took a step back. It didn't even look like there were places on that smooth surface for eyes or a mouth to go.

Before Nim could run, the girl stood up and embraced her. Nim's arms automatically came up to return the hug, but she was worried. Why this? Why a hug?

"You can do it."

.. Yeah.. Yeah she could. "I totally can," Nim said back confidently. When he pulled back from the hug, she was in the room again, facing an open door.

She must have chosen the right bottle?

and be blue rolled 1 12-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-12)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:57 pm
((EEEHHH CRAP IT WAS ONLY 5 minutes I really thought it had been an extremely long time. @.@ scrap this, I'll roll again in 10.))  

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
endejester rolled 1 12-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-12)

endejester

Feral Cat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:59 pm
EVENT 4: You drink a drink that tastes a little sweet-savory. You dream a dream where you are offered a chance at any wish, thanks to the djinn/genie called (the character of the person who posted above you. If there isn't one just pick a friend of your character). They grant your wish but they mention the consequence is (whatever garbled dialogue the post above you has). A choice is made. - had #1 already…randomized

Strange was the sensation of being sworn at, that someone just wanted taken home, how odd it was that the dreams seemed to run together like paint that hadn’t quite dried. He wasn’t sure at all what to make of it.

He shook his head clear of the odd thoughts and drank from the newest bottle… and dreamed.
He dreamed of a djinn, even he knew they were not to be trifled with lightly, that wishes were doubled edged and often more trouble than they were worth, but if he could phrase it just right he thought, and the temptation of dreams was what lured him in, because in dreams even the smallest temptation seems grand.

There would be consequences it warned, but…the consequence made no sense at all.

“Yeah, I totally can.” Was the warning, spoken with a confidence that made no sense.

The consequence was that… they could what?

“I…” He started to say, the wish forming unbidden even as he tried to buffer it against consequence. “I… even if it kills me, I wish that I could make this right…for everyone!”

A hundred ways that wish could go wrong chased immediately through his head after, ‘right’ wasn’t happy, ‘right’ might still mean people died. ‘right’ might be the end of all things, and oh how he wished he’d said nothing at all, but he’d at his heart wanted to protect them… how stupid was it that he wanted to guard people who thought he was less than a bug, that wanted to kill him, how much more foolish was that such a wish might do more damage than any event that might be about to shake the world to its roots.

But what was said, could not be unsaid.  
{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces