Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 01 SDRP Academy
SDRP Academy General Discussion Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RapscalliantJackalope

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 9:59 pm
Tunes14

So... How is everyone? ^^

Still alive. Schoolwork dying down. Hoping the RP here doesn't die before summer.  
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:14 pm
RapscalliantJackalope
Tunes14

Still alive. Schoolwork dying down. Hoping the RP here doesn't die before summer.

We should play poke the teacher smile  

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Tunes14

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 8:54 pm
Kitsuneko Suzuki
RapscalliantJackalope
Tunes14

I'm doing ok. A nice mix between running around trying to get things done and not having enough time (during the day) and sitting around pulling my hair from boredom (at night when I have insomnia and can't sleep). It's... interesting. lol

We should TOTALLY play poke the teacher! ^^ That sounds like a fun game to pass the time with!  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:42 am
Tunes14
Kitsuneko Suzuki
RapscalliantJackalope
Tunes14

I'm doing ok. A nice mix between running around trying to get things done and not having enough time (during the day) and sitting around pulling my hair from boredom (at night when I have insomnia and can't sleep). It's... interesting. lol

We should TOTALLY play poke the teacher! ^^ That sounds like a fun game to pass the time with!

I'm board most of my day. *hugs* In fact woke I woke up about 3 something this morning I feel tired but I cant sleep any more.

Yeah a game of poke the teacher. do we just want to play it here?
only rule in this game is to have fun.  

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:45 am
Ivaylo_Sai
stare

poke  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 4:05 am
Ivaylo_Sai
stare

poke  

Tunes14

Hiacinth
Crew

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:20 pm
Oh man, I completely forget to check up in here from time to time cat_redface
How's everyone doing?

RapscalliantJackalope

I'm a bit late (read: a lot late, my bad!) but I was wondering why you think Shane is so different in the actual RP than what I put in my profile? I'm afraid my characters always wind up different when I actually use them from when I make their profiles and I could use some help with that!

Also:
Ivaylo_Sai
stare

poke  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:56 pm
Hiacinth

I was wondering why you think Shane is so different in the actual RP than what I put in my profile? I'm afraid my characters always wind up different when I actually use them from when I make their profiles and I could use some help with that!

Brace yourself for an unnecessary essay.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing when a character turns out entirely different from the original profile, so long as they stay consistent after that. I've had characters turn into the polar opposite of what I planned.

In my limited experience, it seems to occur when I choose characteristics that either clash with my own personality, so it's harder to know how to represent them, or when I get very detailed with my initial description. I don't know how my character responds to situations until I try them out, so I tend to have the most trouble following through with adjectives like "shy," or "defensive," to use examples from yours. Nobody's defined by an interactive trait like that in all situations.

What I picked up on was "not easily flustered" and "makes a habit of listening and gathering information before speaking," which I took to mean a reserved and logical character. But when I got to hear his thoughts in your first post, he seemed quite flustered, barely keeping his external cool, and overanalyzing rather than habitually calculating (which maybe was what you intended in your intro, and I misread.) To be honest, I like the characterization you "showed" better than what you "told." Your original definition seems to be a standard he's personally trying to hold himself to, but failing.

The only problem I see is defining that he seems unapproachable. That depends more on the character doing the approaching than the character being approached. But I'm probably being too picky about that and break that suggestion all the time. sweatdrop

Hope that helped?

Ivaylo_Sai

stare

poke  

RapscalliantJackalope

Dapper Noob

Tunes14

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:09 am
Yeah, it's not a bad thing. I have that problem a lot. Usually for me, though, my characters don't really start with too many specific traits. They just have a general mindset and perspective on life (which mostly stems from their past), and I just play them frequently to flesh them out. They grow on their own. So then, when I have to do things like fill out profiles, I'm often at a loss for how to describe them, because I don't think of them that concretely, if that makes sense...?

But I'm something like a hippie for character making - as long as the character is consistent and not a Mary Sue/Gary Stue, it's good to just run with it and let the character develop a life of it's own. When I have to fill out profiles, I play the character for a while first and try o see what traits they display or I send them through some online personality quiz and see what comes up - take the parts of their descriptions that I see in the characters and use that. It helps put my character in an interesting light, sometimes. Describes them in ways that strike me as ture, but I never would have thought about myself.

And
Ivaylo_Sai

poke...  
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 10:32 am
Love you guys nice conversation and also including the poke.. blaugh ninja 4laugh

Ivaylo_Sai
gonk

poke  

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Hiacinth
Crew

Feral Fatcat

18,875 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:04 pm
Thanks, guys! That really helps. Yeah, what I meant about "not easily flustered" would be that he tries to look that way on the outside to others, even if inside he isn't feeling like that at all. And the listening before speaking thing is really something that would only come out when talking with other people, which isn't really something we've done. Or at least that's how I picture it!  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 1:15 pm
Ivaylo_Sai
burning_eyes

poke  

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Roy T Inane

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:22 pm
JEEZ, I think there's some dust starting to settle around here. Where did everyone run off to?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:10 pm
Role playing is fun... When it actually happens... ninja

poke
Ivaylo_Sai
xp

Tunes14

Kitsuneko Suzuki

Loyal Friend

15,175 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:54 am
Roy T Inane
JEEZ, I think there's some dust starting to settle around here. Where did everyone run off to?

to find a role play in my spare time.  
01 SDRP Academy

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces