Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:50 pm
Green Ever After

User Image"You okay," Paean asked as a dark female settled on the sidelines. "Here, take this gourd, the water in it should still be cold from the stream."

He nudged the gourd closer to her and settled on the ground. He'd keep filling gourds soon. Soonish... Ah, he deserved some rest, right? Ester would have to poke him if she needed more water.

"I didn't join the dance this year," he said, making small talk to ease the mind of the lioness, "I've been gifted with three left paws I think. Dancing is fun, but I'm not very good at it. Soo... I guess I'm your water-guy tonight."

((You are allowed to roll, if you want to. Just do the 25-75 roll in that case. If she'd rather sit this round out that's ok too of course.))  
Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 25 and 75 ... 34!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:01 pm
User Image

She was in the zone, trying to catch what little breath had made its way into her body after a good couple deep inhales and some water. Upon running out of a little water she did grab a voice popped into her ears and she nearly leaped out of her pelt. Her head spun about and she stared, nearly nose to nose with a lion whom had approached with a kind look on his face and some more water. It took her a moment, but she did find her voice to reply.

"I'm alright." She shared a smile with him and did not hesitate to take the offer of water. The dust had nearly gotten the best of her, but she held herself together. When alone she was fine, but now in the company of what she assumed was a pride member, she ought to get herself together. "Thank you." She said, finishing with the water he had offered, it truly was cool and had a crystal complexion of that from a running stream. She felt absolutely refreshed.

"Dancing is certainly fun, but I think I'm with you, three left paws. Perhaps the best way to describe it! And hey, the water-guy is just as valuable, if not more so." She praised him happily. If it weren't for his water she wouldn't be as relieved as she was now. "I may give this one more go, will you be here all night?" She asked this, his company was plenty welcome and she wouldn't be dancing far. How could she pass up the possibility of finding a friend among many strange faces?

annchen
lol, thanks <3

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:38 pm
User Image"Thank's he said and bowed to her as she went to try the dance floor again, "My name's Paean and I'll be with you all night."

He collected the empty gourd, but decided to watch the dance a little longer before dashing to the stream to refill it. Where else on earth would you find lions, cheetahs and dogs dancing happily with each other? Hmm... Speaking about dogs... He grabbed a gourd and padded around the dance area to the singing wild dog and her sleeping pups.

"Some water if you need it," he whispered and set it down next to her.

---

User Image"Thanks, love," he said and took a swig from his gourd.

Ah... It was good to get some water, and it was even better to find that Ester had marked a gourd just for him. Refreshed, he turned back to the dance. He couldn't resist dancing a bit as he circeled the other dancers. The music was hard to resist! However, he couldn't forget his real purpose here tonight. He would have to decide on a winner when the night was over, so he needed to keep track of how everyone was doing. Another important part of his job was to make sure they all had fun!

"Great dancing everyone," he called encouragingly, "And the water is really good!"

He wanted to help Ester avoid problems with dehydration and heat-stroke. He couldn't make the dancers drink, but he could remind them that it was a good idea to do so!

SilverLutz generated a random number between 25 and 75 ... 37!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:47 pm
Hila grinned as the pretty cheetah shared a few moves with him, but he understood the hesitation in her joining in completely. If she had a bad time last dance then it would make sense for her to sit back and enjoy the show. Maybe he'd stick around for a while after the dance was over to get to know her a bit better.

He gave her a wink before dancing back just a bit so the lioness could talk to her that he had cut off by mistake. He bobbed his head towards the two females before twirling away, setting his mind back to the dance. Perhaps he should grab some water...the dust hadn't affected him, but he had been going for quite some time. He made his way slowly to Ester and the gourds of water, smiling at the female as he approached. His paws slowed to a little shuffle as he bobbed his head, motioning to the water.

"Evening, my dear. I assume these are for the taking?"  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Siire rolled 1 100-sided dice: 71 Total: 71 (1-100)

Siire

Wealthy Wolf

5,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:35 pm
Who would have thought that the lions were the ones most tired in this case. He wasn't tired at all and was going to keep it up, carrying his dancing pride as a wild dog. He wasn't breaking a sweat at all, and was slightly starting to huff. he was use to hunting all night every night and fighting off others just to get the next place to sleep or to secure his next meal. Pushing himself more to dance, he knew eventually he would bring the others around to dance once more. Aver doing a stretching move, he pulled himself up only to howl as he jumped forward, prancing on his front paws for a moment then dancing on all fours once more. Adrenaline was rushing through him and had no problems which let to that howl.

Graceangel generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 74!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:23 pm
Auri had seen others coming and going. Some succumbing to the clouds of dust. However, as someone who was used to extensive dancing, he continued on though he saw many going to refresh themselves at the sidelines. With lesser lions out on the dance floor, he decided to start adding more style to his moves.  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Lt Gnatty-Bug rolled 1 100-sided dice: 83 Total: 83 (1-100)

Lt Gnatty-Bug

Witty Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 am
He was never very good at heeding warnings, from his siblings or anyone else. Being blind, he really was not the best candidate to have a stubborn streak, but he really hated being told he shouldn’t or couldn’t do something because he was different. It had bled over into the rest of his life, so when the call for water was offered, Kifu obviously said no. It may turn out to be his downfall, but if it is up to him, he was going to blast through this dance party until he collapsed.
And then he heard something new, another layer added to the dance. It sounded like a wild dog, singing and howling along with music. It was lovely and heartfelt, and Kifu wanted to know where it was coming from. Still refusing to give up the dance, he shimmied closer to the source of the sound, his smile growing stronger. Instead of distracting him from the task at hand, it just elevated the dancing. He could not be certain exactly where it was coming from, but he was happy to draw nearer to it. “That’s beautiful,” he called out in the direction for the melody.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 pm
Annchen

Lt Gnatty-Bug

Dauer turned at the approach and voice, her head tipping upward as she a recognized the height and shape of a male lion. She trailed her note off so she could speak to the kind soul. "Oh thank you," she replied heartfeltly. "It is getting so dusty, and that's rough on a throat." She bent to take a few slurps, then tipped her head up to smile up at him again. "But please, what should I do when it is empty?" She flicked her eyes around at the milling, dancing crowd. "I wouldn't be able to find where I heard the female calling out about water unless she called again and again." She glanced down at the puppies. They were another reason that taking the gourd back might be problematic. She didn't want to leave them. "Perhaps I'll just leave it with me until the dance is done?" she asserted. She wanted to keep singing for now, so she gave the male lion another smile, then turned back to listen again to the music.

She soon added her voice to the beat and melody, her throat vibrating almost mournfully for a moment before soaring joyfully once more. She lost herself in the music, finding a release in it that she'd never known before. All her sadness could come out, but her bursting joys as well. The world balanced out into one rolling plain of unending music. She floated upon it as a wind dances across the grassy savannah... but a voice near her snapped her eyes open, just now realizing she'd closed them in her ecstasy. Was... was she being addressed? She blinked, her voice faltering as she glanced about the shifting shapes and colors. Noone stepped forward to claim ownership of the called compliment, so she uncertainly kept singing instead of replying. How mortifying if she'd answered something addressed to someone else!

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:25 pm
SilverLutz

Ester smiled at the cowled cheetah as he approached. "Y-yes, most c-certainly!" she answered him emphatically. "P-please do t-take some!" She scooped up one deftly and handed it to him. "There's more if y-you n-need it," she added firmly. "Stay hydrated, p-please." She refrained from expounding on the benefits of taking frequent water breaks and the physiological reasons why it was better to drink often, even just a few sips, than to dance on without a break, as others were choosing to. After all, he was here for a drink, not a lecture! Few revelers cared to hear a medic's ramblings about how to care for themselves. Some even were insulted by her assertion that she knew better than they how to tend their bodies. This lanky feline hardly appeared to be one of those obnoxious sorts, but she had learned that her knowledge was often considered a dampener on the party, rather than a welcome conversation.

So instead, she merely smiled before turning to look for her brother. Now where had Paear gone off to? They would need to start refilling some of these gourds soon! She certainly couldn't leave her station to do it, and he'd promised to help her tonight. She hoped he wasn't off flirting with some girl! She caught sight of him across the way, though, and immediately forgave him his absence. How thoughtful of him for offering the singers and musicians water! Oh yes, that was very much worthy of his time and effort, and soon enough he'd be back to help refill the emptied containers. Mollified, she returned her attention to the dancers, watching attentively for signs that her help was needed.

xKOVAKtheWOLFx generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 28!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:53 pm
User Image

His keen legs continued forth, starting a little jig or two. Whatever it was, it was not really the normal Yagoda that he had always known. Never had he felt like much of a fool, but these were all strangers around him. No one would know him, right?

Chuckling a bit, the pinks of his pelt slowly warped into dusty brown, but he did not care. That was, until his vision decreased, and stumbled onto the ground, barely aware of what was going on. All he knew was that he needed to get out of the crowd, and take some time off his paws until things got better, maybe he should also clean up his pelt on the way too..

xKOVAKtheWOLFx

Trash

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:31 am
User Image

Nazli's maw spread into a wonderful grin directed at Paean before her hips gave into the beat once more. "My name is Nazli, it'll be a pleasure speaking to you again at some point." She said and let herself be dragged back in to the steady rhythm of the music and sound of paws hitting the ground to the beat.

"What a wonderful night.." She muttered to herself, pleased as ever on the outcome of surviving days in the rogue lands. This was certainly the treat she needed to help thrive and so she kept moving, taking all advantage of the joys of good company.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:51 pm
Uh oh... Yagoda is looking a bit wobbly. He better take it easy for a while.

The shortest night of the year was flying by as the dancers danced and the performers made music for them. Some of the Kaskazi members were moving among the dancers, taking everyone's name. The time for announcing a winner was drawing closer and Heimdall would need to know the name of the winner eventually. The stars moved overhead, and the night was still dark. In fact... Was it getting darker? If one cared to look up half the sky was pitch black, while the other half was filled with stars.

And then a faint whispering sound could be heard, at least by those with keen hearing. It added a strange dimension to the sound of the music. Soon the source of the noise revealed itself as the first fat drops of rain hit the dancers and the audience. Rain! Finally some rain! The lands were dry after a long period of drought.

exclaim Dancing in the rain You need to roll more than 45 to pass this round. You can choose your roll this time too, but if you failed the last one you'll need to pick the second option.

Call for Medic Esteryti if you run into trouble! She can help you stay in shape for the next round. Untended injuries will give you a bigger disadvantage in the next round! However, if you're lucky Ester might be able to patch you up leaving you without a disadvantage for next roll.

arrow All in! Roll 1-100
arrow Taking it slow. Roll 25-75

1-45: Owwie! Dance related injury of your choice.
46-65: You're certainly feeling tired at this point, but the rain is refreshing.
66-90: I'm siiiiiinging in the rain. Err... dancing.
91-100: Awesome moves! Those have to give bonus points from the Dance Master...

Sikukuu Pride

Ctrl F Greenie generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 69!

Ctrl F Greenie

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:07 pm
User Image

Rain? Oh what a glorious change of pace. The fat drops landed square on her face as she looked up in a happy gaze. It was certainly a nice little thing to have the cooling embrace, something of a liquid hug while she moved and grooved to the beat.

She inhaled as she moved and exhaled, repeating this exercise to help maintain a steady breath. She peered around, gazing about for Paean hoping that her only acquaintance among crowd of individuals was having as much fun as the rest. Finally spotting him she tried to meet his gaze, but was unsure if she did and just kept on going not trying to appear stalkerish. He had done his part for her, she wasn't that thirty anymore.

Soon she settled into a nice rhythm and just kept boogieing.

SilverLutz generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 91!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:00 pm
Hila bobbed his head in thanks before drinking from one of the gourds, glad for the little break. Cheetahs didn't have the best stamina in the world, after all, so even just a tiny little water break was really a rest for his whole body. He took his time, lapping up two gourds full before licking his nose and chin free of water droplets.

"Much appreciated, my dear," he said with a little wink before weaving his way back among the dancing animals. He found the rhythm of the music once again and started to move with the rest of the creatures. It seemed that water break had been exactly what he needed. Renewed with energy, Hila closed his eyes and let the music take him. He wasn't gifted in the area of song and dance, but he did know how to do what made him feel good. And right now, dancing did just that.

His movements were more fluid than before, and his blue-purple color in the odd lighting gave him the illusion of rippling water passing around the other felines and canines. His paws never faltered and his confidence was high as he glided across the wet ground, welcoming the rain like it was his brother. He tilted his head back and laughed as he was splashed in the face.

"Doing a rain dance, it seems," he said with a wide grin as he continued to move.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Siire rolled 1 100-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-100)

Siire

Wealthy Wolf

5,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:04 pm
The scent of rain, the sound of some thunder, oh the joys of a nighttime shower. He continued to dance, keeping himself on top as he moved, letting out another howl to the rain clouds. Luckily the water washed away the dust on his fur, making the green on him shiny yet wet. It felt good to feel some rain again, since its been a while for him. Stretching as he danced, he did feel a bit sore after dancing for so long, but that is because of the rocks under him that poked out more. With a small yelp as he stopped and began to limp, he limped to the medic and sat down. "I have seemed to have injured my paw during dancing. Do you think you could help me, please?" He asked softly, a bit embarrassed though it did hurt.

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff