<P> A Time For Adventure (Ankou/Isidore) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:55 pm
"That is a perfectly good plan you have there." Ankou smiled. Isidore had stashed away cookies for the journey, it looked like. That also amused him greatly.

A sound would make him look up, and his smile would widen. "Isi. Look up."

The dragons had decided to show up, it seemed. The two browns would streak though the sky above them, noticing neither gods as they continued on their ways.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:10 pm
Isi took a bite of the cookie and held the rest out to his dad. He was quite aware his father didn't eat but it was rude not to share.
At the draw of attention Isidore looked up, his hand still outstretched and stared at the dragons.
"Wooow." He grinned. They weren't like Xun at all.

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:20 pm
Ankou would accept his half of the cookie and eat it - if it was rude not to share, then it would doubtless be rude to refuse, no ?

"I think that was a female and her child. The males are usually more bulky than that."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:32 pm
Isidore watched the dragons become specks in the distance then looked back to his father. he liked this world very much. It was interesting.
"Oh, like you're bigger than mama. Will I be big and tall one day too? Bigger than Cae and Kyrie?"  

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:53 am
"That is quite possible. Males tend to be bigger than females, in most species." Not all of them, of course. It depended on many factors - who were the active protectors, who fended off enemies, and who were the primary caretaker.

Genetics were no simple thing, especially not when gods were involved. "But that always depends. Your cousin resembles his mother more than he does his father." Isidore did take more from him... so who knew ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:53 am
"Oh," Well that was a good sign, he would quite like to be tall like his father. And he didn't look like his mother much at all, maybe similar hair but that was about it. As long as he was taller than his sisters he didn't much care. "This is fun." He added with a grin.  

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:49 pm
"Glad to know you think so." Ankou grinned, amused. "Are you ready to keep going ? We still have a lot of walking to do."

He would take it easy, of course, and stop - not something he usually did. Still, he would give Isidore as close as he could of a true look on what he did while he was away.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:26 pm
Isi finished off his cookie and nodded enthusiastically.
"Yup, ready." He grinned, bouncing up. "Where are we going now?"

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:48 pm
"Continuing along the way." There was no solid plan. There was no need for one, at least not with this. Ankou was rarely one for plans at all, to begin with. His back and forths were chaotic, but he always made sense of them.

"What other kind of funerals did you see, Isidore ?" Surely the boy had found his way to a few of them. He would likely feel drawn to his domain. He was not an escape artist on the same level as Caelia, but he was certain the boy must have slid off once or twice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:40 am
Isidore followed along happily. He didn't care that there was not really a plan. He was happy to be spending time with his father all to himself.
"Um, I saw a happy one, they were dancing and singing and they burned the body to ash." Many children might find that disturbing but not him, it was his domain after all. "Phirren took me. Then after I saw a sad funeral too. The people were not happy they were crying."

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:36 pm
"I held a funeral once." He would tell his son. As he spoke, the souls continued to be drawn toward them, following the sound of his voice. "For your aunt, actually. She lost two people dear to her heart, and asked me to lay them to rest." He had not exactly known what he had been doing, had been lost in such a role, but he had done the best he would. "It was more like the sad one you have seen, I think." A lot of crying, burial in the ground.

"Do you know of more kinds ?" Read about them, perhaps.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:35 am
"Oh." That was interesting, his dad had done what the priest did at the other funerals. Maybe he would do that too someday. "Um no, I didn't read about any others. Do you know of any other kinds?" he asked, looking up at his father with genuine interest.  

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:56 pm
"Well, I do know that some creature go to great lengths to go and die in specific places... Be it the place of their birth, the place where their parents died, or otherwise." The dragons of this world tended to do such a thing, at least those who were not bonded to other beings. Finding one of those graveyards might be possible, though... possibly hazardous. It was not bound to make the living dragons too happy at all.

"Some culture buries their dead in elaborate tombs, surrounded by the most precious objects that they had in life. This is more common with kings and other powerful, influential individuals of their society. Sometimes the tombs reach deep into the earth. Sometimes they spiral high to the skies."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:24 pm
"Oh." That was interesting, really interesting. "I want to see all of them. The big tooms and the small ones and the deep ones and the high ones too." He wanted to learn everything and anything he could about burial and funerals. he was definitely his mother's son.  

midnight_medea

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:17 pm
"One thing at a time, hm ? Or else you'll run out of things to look at." Well, at least it gave him ideas for other trips, and what to look like to interest the boy. There was definitively a lot of his mother's curiosity here - which was a very good thing, as there was a lot for him - and for his siblings - to discover.

Still, that could easily be arranged...

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces