Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World of Aincrad [Closed]

Back to Guilds

In the year 2022 the new VRMMORPG of the year becomes everybody’s worse nightmare. 

Tags: Role Play, Survival, Fighting, Romance, Sword Art Online 

Reply The World of Aincrad
Questions & Comments Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Icyferno

Newbie Student

14,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:16 am
ThrieTheTiger
Ah, it has already been discussed. Alrighty.

Yes, the dilemma has crossed my mind when I pondered about it and I would agree with not allowing players to change the date. So a simple "Sunday, November 6, 2022. Day 0" should be more then suffice and players can RP the course of their day to their content.

What about who gets to decide when the next day rolls around? Was that also discussed?

I might as well lay down my cards. Preferably; the Date should be a separate thread on its own with the current date being the name of the thread. Within the thread would be a poll with only 1 vote option, "Sleep". When players are done with RPing their character for the day, they can send their character to the inn/home/where ever and go to sleep. As such, they'll go to the date thread and vote "Sleep". When a certain numbers of vote has been recorded, it would mean it is favorable to move onto the next day. Thread name changes, poll resets... player "wake up" to the next day. Additionally, if any player objects, they can post in the Date thread stating their reason and the Crew will determine if it's important enough.

May sound like more work but I took into consideration that when the guild grows, the crew won't be able to read every single post and know the whereabouts of every single character.

Etc etc etc... ~shrugs~

Well, it's true it'll become harder to monitor everything when the guild grows larger. It's an interesting concept you have there, but this concept would only work when the majority of the RPers are active, assuming that is what your 'certain number of votes' means. If, say, there are 20 RPers, but 14 are inactive, the guild would be unable to move forward since there's not enough people 'sleeping'.

In short, the main RP may become stagnant due to not reaching the required number of votes.

Do note, also, that some members are students while some are working adults. Students have exam periods and adults may have projects which will keep them busy.

That aside, I quite like the suggestion. Think of it this way: Those who are absent and left the RP midway, can be affected by a timeskip once the thread has the required votes. Affected RPers have to write about what they did the previous day on their first post the next day. Either that, or the Crew can control their character for them and end their activities quickly. However, the former will most likely be used unless the RPer is taking a long absence, since a character is mostly personal.

Thoughts? Comments? Bring this up with Emperor so it's up before 2013?

Oh, and a Merry Christmas to you all! cat_blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:17 pm
Icyferno

gah, i missed this before 2013 xD;

yes, it is a good idea.  

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

Filegethiel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:29 pm
ThrieTheTiger
Ah, it has already been discussed. Alrighty.

Yes, the dilemma has crossed my mind when I pondered about it and I would agree with not allowing players to change the date. So a simple "Sunday, November 6, 2022. Day 0" should be more then suffice and players can RP the course of their day to their content.

What about who gets to decide when the next day rolls around? Was that also discussed?

I might as well lay down my cards. Preferably; the Date should be a separate thread on its own with the current date being the name of the thread. Within the thread would be a poll with only 1 vote option, "Sleep". When players are done with RPing their character for the day, they can send their character to the inn/home/where ever and go to sleep. As such, they'll go to the date thread and vote "Sleep". When a certain numbers of vote has been recorded, it would mean it is favorable to move onto the next day. Thread name changes, poll resets... player "wake up" to the next day. Additionally, if any player objects, they can post in the Date thread stating their reason and the Crew will determine if it's important enough.

May sound like more work but I took into consideration that when the guild grows, the crew won't be able to read every single post and know the whereabouts of every single character.

Etc etc etc... ~shrugs~

I was just going to come here and ask when November 6, 2022 is over seeing as I'm not one to roleplay the same day for what seems like a length of multiple days - and I saw this. It would really be great to have a day switch soon seeing as everyone seems to be decently active and it would be a shame for it to be that evening forever sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:55 pm
Filegethiel
I was just going to come here and ask when November 6, 2022 is over seeing as I'm not one to roleplay the same day for what seems like a length of multiple days - and I saw this. It would really be great to have a day switch soon seeing as everyone seems to be decently active and it would be a shame for it to be that evening forever sweatdrop

understandable, we'll try to move forward asap.  

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

Filegethiel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:59 am
Thank you. I'm also curious, is all NPC interaction supposed to be assumed as friendly? I just wanted to know before I go about posting whether or not the person working at the inn / inn keep would allow her to use their kitchen or not. Don't want to assume. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:24 am
Filegethiel
Thank you. I'm also curious, is all NPC interaction supposed to be assumed as friendly? I just wanted to know before I go about posting whether or not the person working at the inn / inn keep would allow her to use their kitchen or not. Don't want to assume. xd

Most NPCs will be friendly. Though since they are meant to seem human like, sometimes NPCs might be rude or such, though it really depends what their profession is and where they're located most likely.  

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

iLollipop-chan

Hygienic Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:56 pm
Question. You say your supposed to do a dice roll and all that for combat, which is easily understood, but how come I see some people's post like. "The wolf attacked, but I dodged and slashed it. Then it jumped back and jumped onto me" n stuff? Like, all in one post? What's up with that?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:45 pm
I GetBackers I
Question. You say your supposed to do a dice roll and all that for combat, which is easily understood, but how come I see some people's post like. "The wolf attacked, but I dodged and slashed it. Then it jumped back and jumped onto me" n stuff? Like, all in one post? What's up with that?

depends how far back you're talking about in the rp... i don't know much about the first 5 pages or earlier, i think it is, for each of the zones. Those might have been before dice rolls for all I know, also, some people i think also like to add more details to make the battle seem a bit more fast paced (cause really, it can feel a bit slow)  

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

ThrieTheTiger

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:47 pm
I GetBackers I

We have a separate thread for all dice rolls. That way, you can get all your numbers squared away before making a post.

Edit: ~looks up~ Bah ~smacks with fan~  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:33 pm
I GetBackers I
(Link) <------ See?
Different guilds do things differently.  

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

iLollipop-chan

Hygienic Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:34 pm
What the..... Wow I dunno where my head is lol. Disregard xD. Been at work all day today..  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:12 pm
I GetBackers I
What the..... Wow I dunno where my head is lol. Disregard xD. Been at work all day today..

All good man xD  

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

Emperor Ecchimau
Captain

Rare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:33 pm
K4M1-kun
I GetBackers I
(Link) <------ See?

Spying on different guilds? Good work K4!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:41 pm
Evil Emperor Ecchimaru
K4M1-kun
I GetBackers I
(Link) <------ See?

Spying on different guilds? Good work K4!

Nope. I don't got time for that. Some of the posts there kinda scare me with their length.  

K4M1-kun

Dangerous Genius

The World of Aincrad

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas