Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:35 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia gave a simple nod, "Of course I'll go... I've always had good relations with the Drow. They'll recognize me either way..." she hesitated again then went on, "That boy I told you about? The one I danced with long ago? His name was Aerioulous..." she told him simply, "I remember his brother Carrow very well also," she added then looked at Hal.

"I need you to work your magic, old friend. I need something to wear that isn't black and for you and your herbs to allow me to move a bit better. Drow funerals are a bit more mobile than others I've encountered over the centuries. For them, the funeral is more of a celebration of the life rather than the mourning of the death. There will be crying and weeping, of course, but plenty of alcohol as well to help soothe the spirits. As somber as they usually are, the Drow certainly do two things with plenty of liveliness; funerals and parties..." she finished that in a wry tone, remembering one of the few hangovers she'd had was directly related to a Drow funeral.

She still didn't remember much about that night...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:44 pm
Lareth was surprised the drow she had mentioned from her past, were in fact the brothers he had tried to bring together.
"Such a small world....."

Hal nodded to Cynthia's request.
"I am sure I have something that will be able to accommodate you in your outfit and herbs. I shall have both ready by tomorrow morning. If there is anything else?"

Lareth looked to Hal and nodded.
"Just one more thing. Tamlin will be starting training with Gypsy soon while enlisting at the same time."

Hal nodded at the information before he left.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:15 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia gave a small sigh as Hal left, thinking back to the last time she'd seen Carrow. He'd been young, but such a somber boy, always trailing after Aeriolous. She'd known then that Aeriolous was destined to become their king, but he'd been so humble that few would have recognized him as such.

She shook herself out of her thoughts and looked up at Lareth, "So who is Tamlin and why is Gypsy training him?" she asked in simple curiosity. she knew it was rare that Gypsy took on an individual pupil and found it puzzling that she'd done so. She'd already heard from Hal that she'd basically moved into the training fort and taken over the advanced training of the soldiers there, thinking that it would be good for the hybrid to be somewhere she had something to do and would be respected for her skills.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:36 pm
"Tamlin is the son of the Succubus Merryl you saw earlier. He is being trained as he needs to know how to defend himself when he goes off into the world and begins his life as a true creature of sex. He will also be starting his training tomorrow while also fulfilling his conscription to the army of the realm.

Tamlin has talent but he is quite lazy. But he is young and once he gets the discipline he lacks he will be a fine Incubi. Hopefully enough to make his father proud..."

Lareth looked over the other letter.
"Seems we have a new resident and one of my elite soldiers will be coming back home. Intriguing."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:49 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia nodded over the boy, knowing that Gypsy would be the one to teach him if he was as lazy as Lareth's tone indicated. She also knew that Incubi were frequently used as bodyguards since few would think of one being in that position. They were as good at sex and desire as they were at fighting. Contracts were frequently fought over heatedly and required an intermediary to keep things from getting bloody.

But the last comment had her raising an eyebrow, "Oh? Who is the one coming home?" she asked him softly, not really expecting him to answer if it was something he had to keep quiet about. She knew there would be things he couldn't talk about with her. As his mistress, that kind of thing would make her a target against him. Which was why he'd made a habit of not talking about important matters with his mistresses, something she'd already known about as did the majority of his kingdom...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:56 pm
He simply smiled at the last question.
"Just someone of interest. Last time they went off, they proclaimed they would not return until they had seen everything. That's all."

Lareth noticed how late it had gotten and turned her chair back towards the castle.

"Dinner should be coming up soon. Shall we go get cleaned up?"

As he pushed her chair, he was glad they didn't go further into the garden as they were getting close to the royal resting grounds. He didn't need her to see the two new and small markers that marked where he had buried their children.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:51 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia smiled up at him, "Dinner sounds delightful, Lareth," she told him honestly, hoping that Hal had approved something for her that was better than the simple meals she'd been eating. Admittedly, they were good. But she was ready for more flavor.

She did like spending time with Lareth like this. She just wished she wasn't stuck in the chair and moving like an old granther when she was out of it. She hated to be laid up like this, hated that she healed so slowly. She wanted to be able to walk beside him, holding his hand like before.

She gave a small sigh as he pushed her through the garden, "I have to tell you that I don't do injured very well... Last time I was hurt anywhere near this badly, I was lucky it was Sebastet taking care of me... She handled fireballs like they were nothing out of the ordinary and simply put them out..." she said with a shrug of one shoulder and a slight wince.

Okay, so she'd understated it. Alot. She really was a bad patient. And she knew for a fact that Sebastet hadn't intended to change those curtains out after Cynthia had set them on fire despite the fact that the Hylarr had said she was intending to do so...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:59 pm
"Oh I heard all about the time she tried to take care of you. You were meaner with her than you have ever been with me. I made a mental note after hearing about that story in particular from Sebastet, to never get you that angry."

Lareth pushed her chair back into the castle and into the kitchen where Hal was waiting for them.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:52 am
Hal was sitting in the garden watching the nearby fountain bubble and give off that relaxing sound. He took a small breath and released it softly. He clenched his fists as he thought of his life and all he had done and not done.
"Was it enough? I wish I knew...."

A soft purring voice from behind him spoke.
"I think you know the answer."

Hal smiled and turned his head, unclenching his fists.
"I am surprised you came to see this old man..."

The succubus sat next to Hal and wrapped an arm around his waist pulling him close.
"I do not see an old man....you know this. I see a proud warrior about to finish his battles.... and see our son become a fine man."

Hal was comforted by her company and he took her hand and kissed the top of it.
"Ah Alavina...if I had only found you earlier in life. We would have more time and I could have truly shown you how much I care."

She smiled and stroked his weathered cheek.
"You showed me more than enough my love. You saved me from death, saw me as a woman, and gave me the two things many of my kind never get to have. Love and a child from that love."

He smiled sadly.
"I couldn't show you physically...yes we did everything in the dream scape...but I wish I could have been able to show you in reality....My sin of mans pride has me regretful."

She moved and kneeled in front of him, reaching up to cup his face.
"We met and danced in the dream scape yes, but it was very real."
She stood up and kissed his thin lips, that had once been full, before she sat next to him again and laced her fingers with his own.
"I heard from a little birdie that you have been stumbling...the headaches are increasing and you have forgotten more than usual....I can help slow that down, but you know the cost."

Hal shook his head and squeezed her hand.
"No....I won't make that deal. I can't."

She nodded and rested her forehead against his and gazed at him with her golden eyes.
"The usual fix then? The garden is empty and we are in hidden from view."

Hal squeezed her hand slightly shaking.
"...please....i just need more time....enough so I can make sure, things work out as they should..."

Alavina smiled sadly as she never told him how this made her feel.

"I will give as much as I can."

She kissed him once more before she had him lay down, his head in her lap. He looked up at her with eyes that were once a brilliant blue, making her heart clench. She played with his hair and had him close his eyes before she used a clawed finger to slit open her wrist before pressing the wrist against his lips, Hals hand holding her wrist as he drank.

She inhaled as this was very intimate and she had to suppress a jolt of desire that rolled through her.

This life transfer through blood, was a forgotten and forbidden practice that once had the Succubus and incubus line on the verge of extinction so long ago. If one merely drank their blood, extended life was granted for a short time with minimal side effects, but the full death of the incubus or succubus through the life blood transfer, granted youth and 5, 000 extra years guaranteed with various and often crippling side effects.

The Succubus looked down at the loyal demon and sadly smiled, as the one who made her feel truly alive was nearing his end, and he was willing to go without her.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:50 pm
Rowan and Wren stepped out of the portal Rowan had used to get them here as Hal and Alavina were finished with their ritual and were sitting there talking.

"Its...nice here....are you sure this is the demon realm Wren?"

Hal was surprised as there was a sudden flux in energy and suddenly a portal opened up and out stepped two people. One an elf and the other....well he wasn't sure the other man was but he was powerful to get past the realms defenses. He excused himself from the succubus who nodded and took her leave.

Hal walked over to the new comers.

"Welcome.....Who might you two be and what brings you to my masters castle?"

Rowan bowed his head to Hal in greeting.
"We are here to speak with King Lareth. My life companion here is Lady Wren and I am Rowan. It is imperative we speak as soon as possible to the king as it concerns the matter of the young woman who has come here and destroyed your villages and people."

He nodded and bowed.
"If you will both follow me, I shall lead you inside where you may have an audience with King Lareth."

Hal then lead them back to the castle and had taken them to the throne room to wait as he would find Lareth for them.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:25 pm
Rowan walked with Wren through the odd and yet beautiful gardens of Lareth the Demon Kings castle. Many plants he had never seen before were in bloom and had their own sense of dangerous beauty, compared to the softer looking plants in the Elven realm.
Whichever god had helped the demons create their own plant vegetation must have had a bit of imagination. In fact, he couldn’t recall who would have helped the demons when they first came into existence. He did not remember learning anything about it or hearing about it in his youth.
Something to ask when he got a hold of his sister.
Smiling he thought about how he would tell his sister that she was about to become an aunt. Would she be happy? Confused? Or accepting?

He held onto Wren’s hand as they walked past some black blooming roses.
“How much time do you have left?”
He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye.

She may have not told him, but Rowan knew Wren couldn't be away from the castle for too long. He had watched her from the beginning so he knew how she and the castle were connected…almost as if they drew from the same life source…almost one, but not. It was hard to describe but he knew she would have to go back soon.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:05 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Wren gave a soft sigh at his question but gave him a smile for his understanding of her situation, "A few more days, I think. I can feel the pull but it isn't urgent yet. I'll let you know when I have to go back," she told him truthfully, not bothering to hide it from him.

As they moved along one of the many pathways, this one decorated with a very beautiful flower that gave off a more subtle scent, she had to smile and shake her head slightly with a soft laugh, "I never thought of Lareth as a gardener. If you look carefully, you can see his touch on all the plants, as if he planted them all. I learned from Hal that there are two official gardeners here, but apparently Lareth does the first plantings himself. His energy touches everything here," she told him, finding it to be a very interesting hobby for the demon king.

The path lead to a small grotto surrounded by roses that only bloomed here, a separate breed that grew roses of just about every color on a single bush. In the center was a small clear pond fed by a small stream. But Wren drew to a stop when she noticed a familiar figure apparently hosting a picnic for them beside the pond, sitting at one corner of the blanket.

The Goddess, in her Maiden form, smiled up at the both of them and motioned for them to join her, "I'm glad you two found me. Come, I've got a light snack for you to enjoy while we talk," she said simply.

Wren smiled at Rowan and walked with him to join his sister on the blanket as she set out small light snacks for them to eat as well as a very light wine. Wren didn't say anything just yet but blushed under the Goddess' knowing smile.

"No need to worry, the wine won't harm the babes you carry. You will do just fine with them as long as you return to the castle periodically, then to have them there. Otherwise, you two are free to explore as you wish," she assured them both then turned a small frown to Rowan, "What I am worried about are the twins Esabel carries. They aren't as far along as your babes are, but if she is left in that sleep for too long, she will miscarry them. She is the key to controlling Ravor. You two will have to see them at some point. Keep the shielding spell on them but wake Ravor enough to talk to him, to give him a choice. He and Esabel can wake again but will have to remain in the realm she created, or they will have to continue to sleep and risk losing the children she carries. I think he will surprise you with his decision," she knew they had to speak of it and better it be done now than later, "You have a few more weeks before there is any danger to the children, so you have time to think on it," she assured them both.

Then she turned a smile on them, "I am so happy for you both. Rowan, you know I cannot have children of my own, that was left to you and your brother. While I do envy you that joy, I am not upset over it," she assured her brother on that score then her eyes took on another small sparkle, "What do you think of Lareth's garden?" she had to ask that one, knowing he'd probably find many of the plants a bit shocking.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:03 pm
Rowan was surprised his sister had magically been there, but then again, she was everywhere and could be anywhere she pleased. He helped Wren sit before he joined her on the small blanket with his sister.

As his sister had put out light snacks and wine he could see Wren blushing as his sister mentioned how the wine would not harm the children.

He looked at his sister. He and Wren knew of one child....but they were having two? He cast a look at Wren but kept his gaze on his sister as she spoke of the children Esabel was to have with Ravor. He ran a hand through his hair.

It was indeed a tricky situation and he was not sure he even wanted to risk Ravor waking up and if he made the decision to stay in Esabels realm....would his twin keep that promise?

"I am very glad to see you sister....though you took some of the fun out of telling you the good news."

Rowan did not speak on the Ravor issue as he needed to think on that.
As she spoke of the garden he looked around.

"It....is unique? Whomever came up with the species of these plants....had imagination."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:29 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Wren said nothing as she tried to absorb the shock of learning she was to have twins. She knew Rowan had looked at her when they were told, but she hadn't been able to think of a single thing to say.

The goddess let Wren have her moment of shock and carried on with the conversation with a soft chuckle, "Yes, the gods that hold sway here certainly do have imagination. And I will admit to giving a few pieces of advice for the place. They prefer to keep things unpredictable here, as wild as the demons they watch over. The Elven Realm was created by Elves, not gods as this place was. So the difference is a bit more marked in the life here," she explained to him before finally looking at Wren.

"Wren, you'll feel a bit better if you take a drink of the wine and eat something. I know it's a bit of a shock for you, but not that much difference for you," she told her softly then looked at them both with a small shake of her head, "I'm surprised neither of you considered twins were a possibility. Rowan and Ravor are twins, after all," she told them then shook her head slightly again.

Wren responded by taking a deep drink of the wine then a bite from the plate that had been set in front of her with more of the fried vegetables she'd been craving, "We should have considered that, yes, but it's still a bit of a shock..." she looked down at her hand holding the glass of wine, "I've never even held a baby before. Guarded them, yes, held them, no," she admitted softly, unable to hide her nervousness over the whole prospect.

The goddess simply gave her a reassuring smile, "You two will do just fine, Wren. Don't worry about it so much for now. Simply enjoy the time with Rowan for now," she said softly, knowing they'd do just fine as parents.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:37 pm
Rowan munched on some fruit and looked to his sister.
"To be honest, I also did not think about having twins. I may be a twin, but I never thought that I would have twins."

He took another bite of fruit.

"So....since you know we are having twins, care to help us? We both do not know how to be parents....and I want your help as you helped raise Ravor and I."  
Demon Realm

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff