Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:28 pm
Cynthia was panting in pain by the time she made it to her room from Lareth's, but she did it on her own. She got herself over to the bed and managed to get under the covers before she let herself rest, breathing slowly through the pain. Lareth had said that when she could get here on her own, she could have her room back. So she'd done just that.

She had no idea what his reaction would be and didn't really care at this point. She knew he needed his freedom to meet his needs since she was unable to help with that. But that didn't mean that she had to constantly be in his room while she healed. She wasn't going to demand anything from him. She'd said she'd stay here, she just hadn't agreed to stay in his bed.

She loved him too much for that, loved him too much to be laying there day after day seeing what she didn't think she could have, knowing that he had to have his needs met at some point and that she was out of commission for at least two months while she healed up...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:44 pm
It didn't take long for her to know his reaction to her leaving his bedroom as the whole castle shook along with the surrounding areas. Then he was kicking open her door and stomping in.

"What the hell are you doing?! Do you like making me angry?!"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:56 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

((Nice!))

Cynthia ignored his yelling at first, thankful that he'd managed to wait long enough to come after her that she wasn't panting from the pain or pale as a ghost anymore. So she simply waited with a raised eyebrow as she watched him stomp inside the room.

When she did speak, she was calm, which should have frightened him, "You said that when I could get here on my own, I could do so. So I did. I have no idea why you're angry over it. I'm your mistress, Lareth, not your wife. At least in here I don't have to deal with you glowering at me whenever you look at me. The room has it's own safeguards now so no one can get in here but you and Hal, so why are you yelling at me?" she explained to him, keeping herself very calm over the whole thing.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:13 pm
"I am yelling because I didn't think you would be stupid enough to pop your stitches to run away from me! I know you did as I see blood!"

Lareth stormed over to the bed and glared down at her.
" You nearly die and as soon as your able to move, you try and escape! What kind of mistress does that?!"

Lareth sounded like an angry cawing crow mad someone got close to his nest. He was so busy cawing his vexation, he did not notice the calmness she was emitting. He was blind to her warning.

"If you were my wife I would....I would....I would damn well spank you for disobeying me! I am king and what I say goes! I demand that you return to my room at once and lay in my bed!"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:29 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia glared at him this time but remained calm, placing her hands carefully in her lap. She knew she hadn't popped a stitch but had simply strained her wounds a bit, hence the blood.

"But I'm not your wife, Lareth. And until I reach that state, which we both know isn't going to happen, you have no right to demand things like this from me. I didn't run from you. I just moved to a different room. A mistress understands her lovers needs. Needs you can't have met until I'm healed. Since that won't be happening for at least another two months, I'd suggest you go check on your new sparring partner and calm yourself before you do something you'll regret," she warned him, carefully explaining everything to him so he'd understand.

"And if you don't stop yelling at me, you will regret it," she told him in that very calm tone. She may be injured, but she was still called a sorceress for a good reason.

Of course, her words did tell him one thing that was important. She didn't think his 'proposal' from before was a proposal. She also had no idea of the plans that Hal was making for the ball where Lareth was planning on making a formal proposal.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:14 pm
Lareth was taken aback by her words. Not only did it say that she didn't find his informal proposal serious, she didn't think he was ever going to be serious about marriage. Secondly she thought he was being a rutting beast who was having sex with his sparring partners. He gritted his teeth.

".....fine. do as you will. Youre right. I will take my needy self elsewhere. Hal will continue to attend you. I shall occupy my time elsewhere."

He left her room. If thats the game she wantwd to play fine. She could play by herself.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:26 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia closed her eyes tightly as he left the room, hating the fact that he was angry with her but not exactly sure where she'd gone wrong. He'd only said that he'd wanted her to stay, not that he wanted to marry her. In all the time she'd known him, he'd only mentioned marriage as a trap, something he'd said he never intended to fall into.

So how was she to know any differently? She let out a soft sigh and slid down in the bed, telling herself not to cry over and over. But her body wouldn't listen to her and silent tears rolled down her face anyway.

She just knew that the next thing that would happen would be Hal coming in to yell at her too. She'd just thought she was doing the right thing...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:42 am
Hal didn't come in to yell at her. in fact Hal had come in a short while later to apologize to her. He apologized for Lareth being childish and rude to her. It was then he explained to her how much Lareth did care for her as he recounted how Lareth was her main care taker, not letting anyone else touch her. Only he could change bandages, only he could bathe her, only he could watch over her at night. He would have run himself into the ground, had Hal not doped Lareths food and drink and got the king to sleep before he took over care of her.

Lareth was angry when he awoke, but he allowed Hal to take charge of her care as his duties had piled up.

Hal explained all of this as he held her hand.

"I already scolded him just a bit ago for his behavior....I do hope you will forgive him. I know he cares for you my lady. More than he will let you know."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:56 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia listened to everything Hal told her and even had to admit that he was right. But then she explained her part of the last conversation with Lareth and told him how confused she was over his behavior.

"I just don't understand it, Hal. I know he cares about me and wants me to stay here with him. But he doesn't say anything to me. Just stands there and glowers at me when I eat, picks me up and holds me when the maids change the sheets, and glares at me when he changes the bandages. Nothing else. Hell, he wouldn't even lay next to me in the bed. I can't shake the feeling that he's mad at me for getting hurt or thinks that I'm a burden right now. It's confusing with knowing that he cares about me..." she explained to him softly.

She had been more than grateful that Hal had changed her bandages, confirmed that she hadn't popped any stitches on her walk here, and helped her change into another gown. She was even more grateful for the fruit he'd brought her as well. Now she was tucked back under the covers, glad that she could talk to him about this.

Of course, she was also confirming that she was, in fact, not pregnant.

"I thought that moving into here would make things easier for him. I know he hasn't been having sex with anyone else and I'm sorry for implying it, but you know how I can get when I get hurt. I hate being hurt. I'm supposed to be immortal, for crying out loud. But I'm still as able to get hurt as any other human. It's annoying and frustrating. Especially when all I want is to lay next to him, to be able to show him that I'm actually not this weak. I'm probably the most powerful sorceress in existence right now but I can't heal myself..." she voiced her frustrations freely.

"I love him more than I can find words to express. But I don't know how to get him to open up to me, Hal, to simply talk to me. I don't know what to do..." she finished, hoping that he'd have some kind of solution since she had absolutely no idea of how to fix things with Lareth...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:52 am
Hal would have to apologize to Lareth later for accusing the man for impregnating Cythina again so early. He needed to issue a big apology.

"Lareth knows you are strong Cynthia....it's just that with how he found you, it shook him up. Shook him up to the point he is afraid that if he does anything, you may break. He doesn't want you to break my lady. No, I think he wants to protect you to the best of his abilities and never see you in that sort of pain again.

The glowering probably is because he feels that you are trying too hard to heal. It's as if you want to heal enough to leave and if you leave, he cannot protect you."

Hal rubbed his chin

"Perhaps.....perhaps you can get him to open up by simply asking him how he is? Or you can ask him to sit and share a meal with you as you speak of common interests? You know...small talk?"  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:14 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia gave him a small nod as she wiped at her face, wondering why she was still crying, "I'll try, Hal. But we both know that I've never been very good at small talk," she said in a wry tone, knowing full well that she was right on that one.

After another moment, she gave a soft sigh and looked at the door Lareth had kicked in, "Do you think I should go back to his room? Would that make it easier for him? I really did think that this would be better on us both..." she asked him softly and thought about their last conversation in this room, after she'd been taken by Esabel, "Our last conversation in this room... Now when he came in here just a bit ago, the conversation before that... He told me that he hated me... But in his room, when I woke up after he brought me back... He said he wanted to 'treasure' me, wanted me to stay with him forever... He hasn't said anything other than that about how he feels about me... I just don't know what to think anymore Hal..." she told him in a soft whisper, not knowing that Hal knew how Lareth had bungled his proposal...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:11 pm
"I know....but you know no matter how small the small talk is, it is a step in the right direction. Besides you know Lareth.....once you get a topic going and he knows something about it, he will talk for hours. He cannot help but being a chatterbox when it is about topics he finds interest in."

Hal took her hand.

"But remember why he said those hurtful things....you two were fighting. The whole castle heard it that day. But....even though he was so angry then, he is not angry now and you are the only one who has been able to mean so much to him, that he abandoned his kingdom to go and find you.

In all of the time he has ruled here.....he has not once gone off to save any woman. You are the first."

Hal licked his dry lips.

"Lareth......Lareth treasures very few things and when he said it, it was his way of saying you are one of the few people he holds to his heart. Clumsy with his words, but it was a confession of love.

I hope that clears up how much he cares."  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:35 pm
Hot Champion_of_justice

Cynthia gave him a small nod as her hand tightened briefly in his, "Thank you Hal... It does help... I'd go back to his room right now but I find that I don't have the strength to do so... I'll rest for now and hope that he'll come here for some reason so that I can try to talk to him..." she told him softly, her voice barely a whisper.

She was exhausted, both from her wounds and the walk to this room. But she was also emotionally drained, her feelings for Lareth so strong that she almost couldn't handle them. Her grip on Hal's hand loosened and showed him just how tired she was.

But she managed to summon up a ghost of a smile as her eyes slowly closed, "And you can tell him that I do like to piss him off... But if he can't figure out why... He doesn't need to know..." she added right before she fell asleep, her body demanding the rest it needed right now.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:08 pm
"Eh, make Lareth sweat my dear. Don't go running back to his room just yet. Make him chase you.....and I can assure you, that he most certainly will come running after you."

Hal helped her get comfortable, tucked her in, and then placed a kiss to her forehead.

"Rest well mistress."

Hal left her room quietly.  

Hot Champion_of_justice
Crew

Shadowy Guildsman

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:25 pm
Hot Champion_of_Justice

Cynthia slept for hours at a time, only waking briefly enough to realize she was still in the same room before drifting off again. When she woke up next, she frowned at the room as she sat up slowly against the pillows, deciding that perhaps the room change hadn't given her the change she'd thought she needed. It was quiet in here, almost too quiet. In Lareth's room, she always heard him moving around while she slept and had gotten used to it.

She gave a soft sigh and cleared her face, doing her best to relax as she tried to figure out if she'd healed much at all. Apparently not from the amount of pain she was in. But she simply breathed slowly through it until it was at least bearable and turned her attention to what she should talk to Lareth about if he ever came into the room again.

She knew she'd upset him by coming in here but had thought she'd done the right thing. But she hadn't. She realized that she'd gotten used to having him close, simply hearing his footsteps nearby. She missed those sounds. She missed him.

Then she realized that she'd dropped herself into the trap of him being everything to her while she still wasn't sure entirely what she meant to him. She knew that eventually he'd want her to leave, he did with every lover he'd ever had. She dreaded that day coming, knowing that she'd leave without her heart...  
Demon Realm

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff