Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:31 pm
Lozt_1
I have a small list I think...

30 arrers (Will convert ten into regular orcs with choppas)
30 Orcs with one choppa
30 orcs with one choppa
20 Nite Gobz with bows musician, 3 fanatics, 5 netters.
2 chariots orc
Skarsnik and gobbla (May use as regular NG shaman)
1 Warboss on foot. (no clue for gear as of yet)
1 optional boar riding ork.(as above)

Want to add 60-90 savage orcs
20 more nite gobs to fill out this unit.
another chariot
possibley a squig herd but I want to try to keep it as many orcs as I can and only want the one unit of NG... So any thoughts welcomed...

Advice: Make one 30 Orc Unit a Big' Un unit, give them additional Hand Weapons, and The banner that gives every fighting model +1 attack once per game. Trust me, when they get into combat, they can have, if put 6 wide by 5 back, 19 WS4 S4 attacks. That hurts.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:40 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1
I have a small list I think...

30 arrers (Will convert ten into regular orcs with choppas)
30 Orcs with one choppa
30 orcs with one choppa
20 Nite Gobz with bows musician, 3 fanatics, 5 netters.
2 chariots orc
Skarsnik and gobbla (May use as regular NG shaman)
1 Warboss on foot. (no clue for gear as of yet)
1 optional boar riding ork.(as above)

Want to add 60-90 savage orcs
20 more nite gobs to fill out this unit.
another chariot
possibley a squig herd but I want to try to keep it as many orcs as I can and only want the one unit of NG... So any thoughts welcomed...

Advice: Make one 30 Orc Unit a Big' Un unit, give them additional Hand Weapons, and The banner that gives every fighting model +1 attack once per game. Trust me, when they get into combat, they can have, if put 6 wide by 5 back, 19 WS4 S4 attacks. That hurts.
Sounds cool... I will try to remember not to cut the choppas off some of these starter orcs for just that purpose...  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:51 pm
Lozt_1
Sounds cool... I will try to remember not to cut the choppas off some of these starter orcs for just that purpose...

The one main advantage of Orc Big' Uns with Choppas, They are S5 the round they charge if thats all they have. It kicks. You can really hurt enemies like that.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 5:57 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1

The one main advantage of Orc Big' Uns with Choppas, They are S5 the round they charge if thats all they have. It kicks. You can really hurt enemies like that.
A very good reason to take them. Do they have to be modeled different from regular orcs?  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:01 pm
Lozt_1
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1

A very good reason to take them. Do they have to be modeled different from regular orcs?

Nope.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:06 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1

Nope.
Thats Even better... So I have to have one of unit of Regular Orcs for every unit of Big 'uns? Or is there a limit? I still have not gotten my army book my mate keeps saying it is in the post but I have a feeling it is on the passenger seat waiting to hit the mail...  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:11 pm
Lozt_1
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1

Nope.
Thats Even better... So I have to have one of unit of Regular Orcs for every unit of Big 'uns? Or is there a limit? I still have not gotten my army book my mate keeps saying it is in the post but I have a feeling it is on the passenger seat waiting to hit the mail...

Only one unit in normal Orc Army, must have a normal orc unit also at least as big as the Big' Un unit.  
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 6:12 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Lozt_1

Nope.

Only one unit in normal Orc Army, must have a normal orc unit also at least as big as the Big' Un unit.
Not to bad then... Thanks for that... I will post more pics as I get them all painted... Off to paint some eldar now...  

Lozt_1

KroqGar

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:21 pm
whenever I play with my orcs I loose  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:30 pm
KroqGar
I dont care if I win or lose as long as I had fun... Now if I dont have fun and I lose. Then I will be a bit peeved but I will get over it...  

Lozt_1

Drachyench

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 2:36 pm
KroqGar

What troops do you use?  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:39 pm
I play 2000 points and i use two units of orc boyz, one unit of night goblins with fanatics, two units of goblin wolf riders, grimgor iornhide with his black orcs, lots of squigs mrgreen , orc bore chariot, goblin rock lobber, orc shamen, orc big boss on a bore, orc arrer boyz, two bases of snotling swarms, and a snotling pump wagon.  

KroqGar

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 11:59 am
Something tells me you suffer from animosity alot!  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 2:29 pm
I have a pretty good list right now. I use Borgut Facebeater, an Effigy of Gork, about 21 Black Orcs, Full Command With great weapons, 19 Orc Big Uns with Full Command, Spears and Shields, 25 Orc Big Uns, Full Command and additional hand weapons, 5 River Trolls, an Orc Chariot, a Lvl. 2 Orc Shaman, A Black Orc Warboss, and a Black Orc Big Boss. I REALLY want to drop my trolls for troops, but I don't have them yet....  

Drachyench

Lozt_1

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:40 pm
I am currently building my Orc war. I picked up a few used units from a mate who was throwing them out. 14 arrers, 14 Choppa orcs, 14 Night Gobz with short bows, a chariot, an orc on foot I converted to a warboss, Skarsnik and Gobbla special charachter, and a boar with no rider. I also got the ork half of a starter box 16 arrers, 18 choppas, 1 boar boss, and a chariot. Now this is about 1200 point I hear.

My plan.
30 arrers: 10 of which will be stripped of there bows and equipped with choppas. This will leave me a unit of 20 arrers. Backed up by the night gobz should be a pretty good fire support base.

42 choppa orks: (After the converted arrers are added) This will give me a unit of 20 and a unit of 21 orcs. The unit of 20 will be left with two weapons and count as my Big Uns. The unit of 21 will all be made into single choppa orks so I can exploit the choppa rule.

3 chariots: I will use the boar boss and extra boar and the left over Orc to build a third chariot from scratch. This will make a great orky addition of my own and help to hit the enemy lines hard and fast while my other units are advancing.

My Warboss will accompany the Big Uns. Skarsnik and Gobbla will be permission only so I don't know if I will be able to use gobbla and if not Skarsnik will become a Night Gob shaman.

It sounds good to me. I put a lot of thought into makeing it work and hope that my friend finally gets my half the box in the post so I can get started. I have not played Fantasy in twelve years other then one game this past weekend with a borrowed Lizardmen army. i lost but it was fun. Any Ideas for improving my design or list let me know thanks. I currently only plan on filling out the Night Gobz regiment up to a total of 40 with 3 fanatics and as many netters as i am allowed. Any and all suggestions appreciated. I will only be adding regular and savage orks over time and eventually cut out the night gobz.

Same plan different day...  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces