Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Westboro Baptist Church Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yukiroseful

Timid Poster

13,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:53 pm
Belethiel
yukiroseful
Belethiel
yukiroseful
Sunshine Peach-Heart

indeed

Belethiel

I now, they didn't even care, they just acted like she was dead to them! D:
as for hate songs thats just..sad..

I wouldn't give a damn about what my child did and said, unless if it was criminal and depraved.

I wouldn't care if my kid said, "Hey mom, I wanna be a Hindu now." I'll be like, "Okay, kiddo." Same if they said they weren't straight or if they wanted to be a member of the opposite sex, or an athiest or any change of religion (I don't actually have a religion in the first place). I don't care.Those typical stupid things people disown their children for aren't worth it.

But this... goodness, you could at least talk to the kids! Don't you love them?

Doesn't sociopathy have genetic links or something? D: It's like they have no emotions, only hate.

I don't think it's sociopathy, the kids were taught to act a certain way and so were their parents and so on. They were taught that no other way was acceptable so basically they had to do what their parents told them. People do anything to gain their parents approval. So some sociopath started it and the rest all follow. It's sad it really is D:

I'd act the same way honestly, it's not my sexuality or religion so do whatever floats your boat.

Oh, yeah. It's a taught thing that kind of trickled down from a crazy person, then. That makes more sense.

Yeah, you're supposed to love them regardless of what they do. As long as they aren't hurting anybody or acting like the WGC's members or joining hate groups, it's all good.

^^" honestly though I have no idea where it came from, this is what I'm assuming. Of course they all could just be nuts..

Mhm I agree about loving your kid, it should be unconditional c:  
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:03 pm
Belethiel
The Bodacious Soul Reaper
This made my heart sink seeing this. I can't really comment on this as I didn't even look at the site for more than a second. It's horrible how people say and do such things. All I can say is people like that make me sick.

The site made me gag, literally...

I know.. It's so sad that there are people willing to hate people so much. I'm not a rainbows and sunshine, "love all, peace" peace signs, anything like that, but I despise how people are so ignorant nowadays.

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:54 am
Belethiel
This made my heart sink seeing this. I can't really comment on this as I didn't even look at the site for more than a second. It's horrible how people say and do such things. All I can say is people like that make me sick.

The site made me gag, literally...

I know.. It's so sad that there are people willing to hate people so much. I'm not a rainbows and sunshine, "love all, peace" peace signs, anything like that, but I despise how people are so ignorant nowadays.

Yeah, it's sick and sad. They need to take their fingers out of their ears and hear what others and themselves are saying.

They look fantastically stupid in one of those videos I posted. emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:46 am
They came here to where I live to protest a soldier's funeral, but we scared them away. We got some hardcore country boys to come down to the funeral hall and... let's just say they never wanna come here again.  

Invincible Youth

Fashionable Senshi

14,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 12:31 pm
Invincible Youth
They came here to where I live to protest a soldier's funeral, but we scared them away. We got some hardcore country boys to come down to the funeral hall and... let's just say they never wanna come here again.

Awesome. :3  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:03 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
I swear they are like real life trolls, always causing trouble and pissing people off. They are all filled with so much hate and only seem to spread it around, they need a hobby or something.

Unforutately most of the family are lawyers and with freedom of speech, I am not sure if we can do anything. Though I think you can if it involves threats to others.

I am not going to get into religion itself and where people go when we die. Just that I think that church/group is doing more harm than good. neutral

As much as I agree with your statements about that wretched place and the sick people who protest in its name, as a troll I must disagree with your assertion that they are trolling.
I am a troll. I try to get a rise out of people because I love being annoying. What they do is out of hatred, not amusement. What they are is evil. Compare them to Nazis, for, short of power and any sense of style, they are much the same, but not trolls.  

Prussian Imperial Guard

Fashionable Lunatic

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200

Enderlad

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 pm
I've watched the documentary about them, "the most hated family in America", where a man spent 30 days living with them, interviewing them, and trying to understand them. It was pretty fascinating, especially the interviews with the younger members of the church.

It shows how it really is a cult. more than two thirds of the church are just Fred Phelps' children and grandchildren. They all live in one enormous house, the only friends they have are their own family members, and the kids are completely outcast from everyone else in school, which only further cements them into sticking with their bigoted family and church. Everyone in the family is or is training to become a lawyer so that they can afford their regular trips across the country to protest.

To them, every time someone tries to convince them that they are wrong is only proof that everyone outside of the church is immoral and doomed and they are the last bastion of souls going to heaven.
Even when "The most hated family in america" was released, they announced they loved it, and considered it one of the greatest ways of advertising their church and their message on a grand scale.
They aren't trying to win over anyone, and the only way to get rid of them efficiently is to ignore them, as they thrive on attention.

I would definitely encourage anyone to watch it, and it's available online. It helps to better understand just who they are.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:45 pm
I was at Subway the other day and happened to see news about the protesters....and trust me, I was no longer hungry. ;_____;
I have no issues with people and religions, other than how it can twist people into close-minded, brainwashed cultists. :c

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

C h o c o s h r o o m s

6,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:55 pm
Bluevirtue
I've watched the documentary about them, "the most hated family in America", where a man spent 30 days living with them, interviewing them, and trying to understand them. It was pretty fascinating, especially the interviews with the younger members of the church.

It shows how it really is a cult. more than two thirds of the church are just Fred Phelps' children and grandchildren. They all live in one enormous house, the only friends they have are their own family members, and the kids are completely outcast from everyone else in school, which only further cements them into sticking with their bigoted family and church. Everyone in the family is or is training to become a lawyer so that they can afford their regular trips across the country to protest.

To them, every time someone tries to convince them that they are wrong is only proof that everyone outside of the church is immoral and doomed and they are the last bastion of souls going to heaven.
Even when "The most hated family in america" was released, they announced they loved it, and considered it one of the greatest ways of advertising their church and their message on a grand scale.
They aren't trying to win over anyone, and the only way to get rid of them efficiently is to ignore them, as they thrive on attention.

I would definitely encourage anyone to watch it, and it's available online. It helps to better understand just who they are.

Yeah, I saw it too. I feel kind of bad for the younger kids and how they are trained to hate and push others away so that they don't really have any friends outside of the family, but the overall film was interesting to watch.

Yes, basically they love attention and they think that they are the only ones that are right and everyone is immoral. They are convinced about that and are unwilling to change their ways or views. They love it when people yell or curse at them.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:59 pm
Has anyone heard about Fred Phelps Jr? He was one of Fred Phelps' kids who managed to run away from home and escape their brainwashing. Since then he's been spreading the word of just how abusive his upbringing was. In the documentary the kids mention him once offhand, only saying that "he's gone now." and they don't talk about him.  

Enderlad

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:01 pm
Bluevirtue

I saw a part of it, and it seems interesting. I'll get around to watching it when I have nothing to do.

Yeah, I can see that they love attention even if it's negative. In that way, they behave like internet trolls or some poorly behaved child. I think we're safe here, though. It only matters if they hear about the attention they're getting. emotion_awesome I'll still counter-protest them if I see them just because it'll be fun. And I really, really want to play this song at them.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:58 pm
Belethiel
Bluevirtue

I saw a part of it, and it seems interesting. I'll get around to watching it when I have nothing to do.

Yeah, I can see that they love attention even if it's negative. In that way, they behave like internet trolls or some poorly behaved child. I think we're safe here, though. It only matters if they hear about the attention they're getting. emotion_awesome I'll still counter-protest them if I see them just because it'll be fun. And I really, really want to play this song at them.

I said the same thing, they are like the equivalent of internet trolls in real life. Some trolls just want to have fun and aren't trying to be mean, but many do bash others just to stir up trouble and get a reaction out of people, which is what this group is doing.

LOL do it if you ever see them. It will probably just get them to fight back more but could be amusing to see their reactions.  

ForeverDreamWithinADream

Belethiel

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 9:08 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
Belethiel
Bluevirtue

I said the same thing, they are like the equivalent of internet trolls in real life. Some trolls just want to have fun and aren't trying to be mean, but many do bash others just to stir up trouble and get a reaction out of people, which is what this group is doing.

LOL do it if you ever see them. It will probably just get them to fight back more but could be amusing to see their reactions.

Ah, you're the one I brain-picked from! xD I forgot.

Yeah, I love that song. It could be used to make fun of hate itself. I think that's what they're doing, but it's Psychostick. The main reason why they make music is to make people laugh, not to say anything deep. (But, I do think they're capable of it, they have their intelligent moments of social commentary.)  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:11 pm
I'm really curious about this what would happen if we had the Hunger Games would the westboro church support it? (sorry its been nagging me for awhile.)  

OtherworldlyAlchemy

Married Lover

Enderlad

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:29 pm
hanyou_alchemist
I'm really curious about this what would happen if we had the Hunger Games would the westboro church support it? (sorry its been nagging me for awhile.)

The Westboro Baptist church celebrates all death, regardless of who died and from what. They literally made a website listing off every country in the world and giving reasons why each of them are damned to hell for their own reason.
They see any death or misfortune as an act of god, and deserves to be celebrated.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff