Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Powers and You Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NeophantomX

Devoted Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:53 pm
What all can electromagnetism do? What about heat manipulation?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:56 pm
Neo....where have you been?  

Mahareshi

Miss Christopher

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:46 pm
Probably sleeping in the bathroom.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:00 pm
Probably.......I guess now I can answer his question.

Electromagnetism - Seriously, it doesn't entail what I make it entail in the rp. Electromagnetism is just another form of magnetism induced by electricity. In an rp, being able to use the actual element of electricty is an entirely different power. I just mix the two all the time to give my character a fighting edge you know?

Heat Manipulation - ....just lower and raise the temperature in a given area just about. It can make things explode if you rapidly heat things. I want to say you can do it with a touch as well...anyone have any ideas?  

Mahareshi

NeophantomX

Devoted Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:33 pm
Ahh makes sense. When you mix those 2 they do become hard to fight and harder to beat.

Then is there any power that can fight against telikinesis or energy manipulation? Both seem to have no real weaknesses.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:34 pm
= = Jeez Neo, how long did you sleep in that bathroom? stare  

Arcos Magna

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:32 am
Unfortunately, there is no real weakness to telekinesis or energy manip. The only way to stop a pure telekinetic is to just find a way to attack their brain or body from the inside quickly. Energy Manip is easier to stop depending on the kind of energy they controlling. Do you have an energy in particular that you want to talk about?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:54 pm
Hmm good question. Well in most rps im in when people use energy manipulation they use it for beams of energy, barriors, flight, etc. I suppose that kind would be good. Oh i also read somewhere that kenetic energy controlers can cause explosions and blasts of fire or something does that work?  

NeophantomX

Devoted Noob

NeophantomX

Devoted Noob

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:56 pm
lol dam it maha you may have started a rumour about me now. Yes i spend allot of time in the bathroom but still dam it. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:08 am
Mahareshi Rorsch
Unfortunately, there is no real weakness to telekinesis or energy manip. The only way to stop a pure telekinetic is to just find a way to attack their brain or body from the inside quickly. Energy Manip is easier to stop depending on the kind of energy they controlling. Do you have an energy in particular that you want to talk about?

Actually, the biggest weakness to telekinesis isn't an external weakness, it's an internal weakness. All telekinetic characters have to share the same trait, or it's a bit of godmoding; all of them must be susceptible to paranoia, and to inner psycosis. The over-stimulation of the brain causes errors or gaps in judgement that can sometimes be fatal.

Also, telekinetic characters can never start 'fully in control' of their ability- they have to, at some point, lose control if they do. They will have trouble blocking out the thoughts of everyone- they will struggle to keep their own identity seperate from the thousands of lives that flood their mind on a daily basis, and other such things.  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:15 am
Lythe Aeon
What are characteristics of "gravity manipulation"? The only time I've ever seen "gravity" used was in Final Fantasy and claiming that "a great dark ball engulfed the enemy"....well...that lacks obviously needed description (: like....what happens inside that ball...I've always wondered. haha.

Gravity isn't a "great dark ball engulfing the enemy"- that's just a visual representation of the magic that is warping the gravity in a specific location.

And that, there, is where the magic of Gravity comes into play.

Gravity is a 'universal constant', or a planetary force. We are all subject to gravity, at all times, as long as we are on the planet earth. (Or whatever planet your RP is taking place on- but the creator is PROBABLY going to have its gravity laws play by the same rules as earth's- it is just easier that way.)

The MAGIC, if you will, of being able to manipulate gravity, is tricky. You have to first decided whether your character can limit the effect of the spell, or whether you're going to simply erase the law of gravity from the world- thereby effecting the whole planet. You may not mean to, but if your character is the first one to attempt the spell in known history of your world, then you may make a mistake. A very, very costly mistake.

A planet with no gravity will fall apart and/or explode. A planet with too much gravity for its mass will implode.

Now, if you can limit the force of the spell, that's different- you could allow people to float and/or fly, because they are no longer subject to the same rules of gravity- or you could immobilize them by doing the exact opposite. If you can truly limit the spell, imagine localizing a field of dense gravity around an enemy's hand, who was charging at you with a sword- suddenly, the enemy will topple hand-first to the earth, and while the rest of his body is his to command, unless he has inhuman strength, he may not be able to lift his hand again. It may even be crushed by the sheer impact of the earth against his extra-gravity-hand.

Does that all make sense, Lythe?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:32 pm
Alright! Finally some good people to talk to about powers and it's separate forum as well.
So onto my point. I have a character (He hasn't been accepted yet) That uses 'sonic' spells. A.K.A He can manipulate sound to it's extremes. He also through his music can sway people emotions. <.< I know how to use the emotional part however his weakness is he has to play his instrument or sing in order to get his magic to actually work, so the question is, is how would I put this person into a fight and still live. It's obvious that if he did start to sing and he was alone in a combat situation he would simply be stabbed before he could get his song started or even halfway through. Should I make him sing only verses from the song or should I have someone always back him up in the fight?  

Kami GearX

Dedicated Defender

8,750 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Battle: Defender 100

Solaris Beauty

Fashionable Prophet

7,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:53 pm
@Zylo - I love the fact that you're talking about the weakness of telekinesis, though I think you have telekinesis and telepathy confused.

Telepathy- the ability to transmit and receive messages/thoughts through mental communication. Stemming off into several branches of psychic powers, such as shielding thoughts, projecting one's astral self, memory wiping, projecting the mind into the body of another, chron-scanning (mind reading across the time line, rare ability but people can do it), premonition, precognition (seeing events some where else in the world not the future), ect.

The weakness you described tends to go for telepaths. Note not EVERY telepath is a telekinetic, just like not ever telekinetic is telepath though there are cases where there are people like that.

Telekinesis on the other hand is the ability to manipulate the physical world with though, basically moving objects with the mind. Dependning on the strength of the telepath, some can even manipulate the molecular structure of things. But the rule of thumb with a telekinetic, MOST can't lift more than what they can physically lift or in some cases up to 2 times their body weight any more then it's unlikely for them to move it. Like I said there are rare occasions w here there is a telekinetic who can move large objects.

@Kami I'm thinking about making a character with Sound manipulation for an rp that's being made as well. She's a singer as well. Manipulating sound/tone through voice is the easiest feat to do...but I believe that sound is such a versatile power, like if something drops, your character can amplify the sound to supersonic levels...causing damage that way, muting sounds, such as body movement or breathing, ect.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:34 pm
@Solaris

Sorry, yes, you're absolutely right. I WAS talking about telepaths, not telekinetic people. Sorry about that.  

Zylo Allouette

6,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Mahareshi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:26 pm
Wouldn't the weakness to all Psychokinetic powers, like both I and Zylo said, still be something attacking the brain directly? That still is where psychokinetic abilities originate.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff