Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[CAMP-ORP] Welcome to Camp Larkspur [FIN] [Itinerary on 11] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:59 am
Lily frowned at all the many many children and the much pushing and shoving. They weren't listening, not like they were on the bus and she was quickly become rather irritated with the situation. "Guys, calm down. Stop pushing," she called trying to carol the campers from her bus. "Hey, hey! Give that back, that isn't your," she continued heading over to a pair that were fighting over a granola bar. She pulled a cracker pack out of a little pouch around her wrist and gave it to the other kid before her attention was drawn to a mischievous little one who stuck his hand in her pocket.

"Ah," she jumped, "personal space, personal space. No pocket fishing, beside I didn't carry anything on the bus aside from a few snacks."

The kid just grinned and moved away leaving Lily with melted chocolate in her back pocket and a huge frown on her face. She huffed at the sticky substance sticky brown substance smeared into her back pocket. And walked away to count to ten, watching her feet and trying not to freak. Unfortunately, not watching where she was going she walked right into Paris.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:14 am
Wow, everyone was already here? Chris had been off in the cabins getting a plastic bucket he'd filled with candies that morning, anticipating the onslaught of children running around, unable to be reigned in. Bribing children with candy? He wasn't above it. Whatever worked, worked. He would have used his whistle he had for when he did lifeguarding in previous years, but he didn't have it with him at that moment. The megaphone would be nice, but he would just have to do with what he had.

He stood by the sidewalk leading away from the parking lot, just on the other side of the fence, looking around to see if he could spot the people he knew he'd recognize, before going back to trying to get people in order. Almost biting his top teeth to his bottom lip, Chris whistled a loud, long whistle, hoping to at least get the people around him to pay attention. He held up the bright green pail to hopefully get even more attention.

"Okay guys! Welcome to camp. My name is Chris," he introduced, knowing he'd never respond to a nickname, anyway, so he didn't pick one. "We'll have lunch soon, but first you need to be split up and taken to your cabins to put your things away. Whoever has their bag already, come over here and you can get a candy or two," he said, shaking the bucket again to prove that there was candy in it. Just little wrapped candies. Starbursts, Smarties, Jollyranchers, Dumdums... things like that. Children needed sugar at a camp, anyway. They'll be getting their healthier food for lunch.

"After you get your candy, line up on the other side of the fence with your bags — boys over here and girls over there," he indicated with the green bucket, before continuing, "And your counselors with the red on their shirts will call your name and take you to where you need to go."

If they didn't listen, then they just wouldn't get candy. No big deal.  

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:19 am
"So it is decided Queen Summer and Lord Boring of the kingdom of Camp Larkspur!" With that Sorrin watched as Finn made his way up the light post tilting his head. Of course the reason why was explained when he shouted at all the kids again.

"Whaaaat I just have my staff one hidden under it. I'll be loosing them both though for a mid day swim. That is okay right? Last I checked the world still let men roam topless in the open sun."

Of course the topic of titles returned, "Midsummer Knight? Really?"
He frowned, he did want that title himself to be honest, but he did call it first. Rules Of Dibs came into play. Then he continued, "Midsummers Eve? Where do you get that from?" He of course had no idea her name was Eve Summers, just that she was amusing and cute. Both points in his book.

"If that's the case I'll take Summer Jester, and I shall dance, sing, and jest my way through the camp with pranks and tricks galore. None shall see the Jester coming till it's far too late."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:19 am
Paris thought his heart might dislodge from his chest and fall somewhere in the vicinity of his feet when the familiar form of a teenaged girl ran into him. He gaped at Lily for a few moments, before quickly glancing around to make sure no one important – i.e. Chris – was close enough to hear.

“Lily!” he greeted her, laughing nervously as he forced a smile. It wasn’t that he was disappointed to see her again; camp was just a very bad, bad time. He hadn’t expected to see anyone he knew here, and now that he had he felt just a little panicky. Lily wasn’t going to be fooled again, considering his secret had already been revealed to her before. “H-Hi. I… had no idea you were going to be here!”

He hadn't really paid much attention to the other counselors when he'd first checked out the camp, and none of them had said anything to him at that point, so he'd thought it would be safe.

What to do? What to do? This could end badly. Then again, it could also be beneficial. He just… had to play it right.

“Listen,” he said quickly, lowering his voice so the kids around them couldn’t hear, but still speaking loud enough so she’d hear him over the noise. “I need you to do me a huge favor! For the duration of camp, I’m a girl, okay? Don’t tell anyone I’m not. Anyone. Not your friends, not any of the kids, and not the other counselors. Please?” he begged, lifting his hands up to press his palms together in a sort of prayer position, with his clipboard still held between them. “Please, please. I just need you to do this one thing for me. The fate of my social life depends on it.”

He'd have to figure out what to do about the sleeping arrangements later. Or he'd just... hope Chris didn't notice he was hanging around the boys' cabins...

Sunshine Alouette

Eternal Senshi

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:33 am
The kids weren't listening. She sighed in frustration, picking up the pile of stuff. She searched around among the kids, looking for one of the senior counselors. Maybe they knew where a lost and found was and she could put all of this stuff down. She still had to get her bag to her cabin!

She spied a guy holding a big green bucket and shouting and decided he looked like someone who knew what he was doing. She dodged children running about, and finally made her way over to where Chris stood.

"Hey where's the lost and found at?" She asked. "I have a bunch of stuff the kids left on the bus."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:34 am
As the last of her charges poured off the bus, 'Emily' took a rapid look around the group. They were rather subdued compared to the rest of the children, but since the large group had about enough energy combined to fuel an elephant charge, it wasn't that noticeable. She wondered vaguely if it had been the buss ride down that did it, since she had taken the opportunity to read out some excellent lines to the group. And she had come prepared, with enough material to last the entire trip. No singing for her bus, thank you very much! A few of the children still had glazed looks across their eyes, and one or two were blinking in the sunlight as though coming out of a deep slumber.

Judging that they weren't about to start causing widespread mayhem and havoc the moment she turned her back, 'Emily' climbed back onto the bus and began checking under seats for left luggage, shoes, and similar objects. As she came back up the aisle, holding one bag, a hat, and the hand of one child who hadn't woken up when they arrived, she was halted by the hand of bus driver. He stared up at her with eyes mimicking the glassy look of a few of the campers.

"Lady, I just have to say, you have an impressive pair of lungs on you. I was ho - expecting them to give up halfway, but you just kept going the entire trip. I don't think I'll ever forget this ride, it was really something."

Well wasn't that something. 'Emily' shepherded the yawning child down the steps and beamed happily. To think that her reading could have made such a deep impression one others, no mater how little, was such a warming thought. Perhaps she should prepare a second for the way back, just to show her gratitude. She was certain the children would be pleased, by the way they had quickly quieted down and sunk into almost a trance-like reverie by the second hour.  

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

Silverah

Handsome Shoujo

11,200 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:34 am
"Most excellent," said Finn in his best surfer dude voice, and gave Sorrin a high five. "Midsummer Knight. Summer Jester. Lord Boring... and Eve can be whoever she wants to be, really. It's a free country."

Basically, he was senior staff. He had nothing to do here, so he was just going to shout and goof off.

"Why would you cover up your staff shirt?" he added, pointing to his own purple logo. He already had plans to tie-die this shirt and turn it into some horrifying mess of colors - later in the session, maybe he'd get the kids in on it, too. Then he could chalk Rit Dye up as an operating expense. "Aren't they stylish?"

Finn waggled his eyebrows at the group in a most un-persuasive way.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:49 am
Lily mumbled an apology as she looked up to spot Paris, "Oh," she said quickly and smiled. "Hey Paris, long time no see." She laughed lightly shaking her head, "To be honest I had no idea I would be here either, my parents signed me up without my permission but I don't mind."

Paris had her full attention when he dropped her voice so that she could barely hear him, causing Lily to move in and listen carefully. At the end of the huge favor Lily was looking at Paris with an eyebrow raised. She was not so sure that it was a good idea for Paris go about pretending to be a girl, but she also didn't want the boy to be shunned or looked at crazy for walking around in girl clothing.

"Ah, Paris. I don't see how that could work, um didn't you notice the camp roster. You are in the boys cabin and watching over the boys cabin," she whispered, not yet agreeing but not disagreeing. "I'm not sure that will work with you holed up in the boys cabin all of camp, someone is bound to notice."

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Lithiasaur

Snuggly Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:58 am
Welcome to Camp Lakespur, newbies and camping veterans!

The sudden, booming voice belonged to a surprisingly small woman holding a clip board in one hand and deftly wielding a megaphone in the other. She had it to her lips, here eyes bright and friendly, a smile painting her face even though half of it was curved by the megaphone itself. Gently’s slightly accented voice rang out again with only a moment’s pause to bring the eyes of the campers to her as she stood on a platform near all the chaos. She was hard to miss, which was new and exciting for her.

The chaos had not yet been stemmed, despite the random shouting of the other counselors, which meant the children weren't likely to settle down until they were completely drowned out. Chris' effort had been valiant, but all the children heard was the word 'candy' and the chatter around him, as well as the number of greedy, clasping hands reaching for his face, increased. She let the megaphone give off that charming blare they are so well known for, waiting for all eyes, or at least as many of them as could be attained when accounting for young age, sugar highs and short attention spans, were on her.

I hope you’re ready to have some fun in the coming days! I know I am, and if you’re not, the buses aren’t coming back so you’ll just have to tough it out.” She gave another warm smile, “now, I know you’re all excited to look around and get to all the cool activities we have set up for you, but first we need to make sure you’re all here and accounted for by the Junior Counselors, and that you are properly introduced to our lovely camp, and the staff who will be keeping you safe and entertained. So let's settle down for a moment, and take care of the boring stuff so the fun can begin! First off, you can call me Kookaburra, the Head Counselor for this stay at Camp Lakespur.

She looked around at the other Counselors, motioning for them to come closer to the platform.

I’ll hand things over to these guys now, and they’ll each introduce themselves in turn. After that, we’ll take a tour, and you guys can all get settled!” She stepped back and handed the megaphone to the next person in line. She spoke in a normal tone to the Junior Counselors, “make sure you guys hand in your clipboards after you check in all the kids to the Office.” She looked down at her own clipboard for the list of names, “to either Eve or Adira.”

She then moved out of the way, letting the rest of the Counselors get things rolling. Her eyes moved to the crowd, to make sure they were all listening. As well as tiny ball of pure energy were able to listen, at any rate.

((All camp counselors, please take turns introducing yourselves to the campers. Get up on that platform and say hello! What are you doing here at camp? Are you teaching anything? This is a good time to pimp any activity you might run! –If you do not come up on stage and introduce yourself (perhaps you are away) we can just safely assume you are off doing something important. There’s ample time to introduce yourself! No more shouts will be posted until tomorrow morning, unless all counselors have spoken.

Campers, keep doing what you are doing. Listen to the counselors or ignore them! Be kids!

Just as a note, most 'big' instructions will be coming from Zipped (filtered through her lovely puppets (us)) in the form of these shout posts. Once camp introductions are out of the way, there will be much more room to play all you want!))

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:07 pm
As soon as Ridley had stepped off the bus, she made a beeline as best she could past the gathering of other campers. So, she went past the greetings and collections of friends - even the people she knew - and past Billy once again teasing Istas, the capture of a phone, new names beind decided and calls for luggage and lost belongings. There had been a few bumps along the way, but nothing to really jostle her or the backpack she was cradling in her arms. There was precious cargo in her bag, and she wasn't referring to her discreetly hidden iphone - which was only discreetly hidden because of how it fell into her bag. She just needed to make sure she was a little ways away from people, but this plan didn't mean she was inconspicuous and still trying to blend in.

She looked kind of like a loner hanging out a little ways away from everyone one. But, the less people saw - well, if no one saw - the better.

One earbud still hung from an ear, pumping music into her left ear - another reason she didn't hear much of the announcements, as she tugged at the zipper pull to the largest compartment of her bright colored bag. "*********, I think we're here... but you might need to stay in there a little longer." She apologized to her stowaway. The best place to release her would probably be at the cabins, less people...

[edit, hope you don't mind. Of course I post after Lith xD]
Of course, there wasn't missing that announcement. The sudden boom of the microphone and voice made Ridley jump where she stood, almost dropping her backpack - and possibly ruining this whole awesome mission she had.

Settling her nerves, the orange haired girl turned to the direction of the loud woman and scooted a little closer to the group.  

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Sunshine Alouette

Eternal Senshi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:13 pm
Paris continued to look around in a panicky fashion when Lily didn't immediately agree, pausing to shoo a few kids away to prevent them from overhearing.

He obviously had not thought much of this through when he'd signed up for it, but then he'd been the dumb idiot who'd checked "male" instead of "female." He'd thought it'd be worse to be caught lying on the volunteer form than claiming it as a "simple mistake," which was his current plan if Chris should question it. He was hoping Chris would be more or less oblivious, too busy with his work as senior staff to notice or pay it much attention, but he had to have some sort of excuse ready if he did end up questioning him about it.

"I... haven't really gotten to that part yet," he admitted. He still didn't know what the hell he was going to do about the cabin situation, but he supposed he'd figure it out eventually. Maybe he could threaten his cabin mates to keep silent??? "Just, please, don't say anything. I have it under control."

Only not. They'd just gotten here and he was already floundering.

"Yeah, this was a dumb idea, but I need to make it work out somehow. There's really just one person I don't want finding out, but if more people than necessary know about it then there's a greater chance that someone's going to tell him. I'd... sorta like to be able to do that myself, on my own time," he tried to explain without going into too many details. He couldn't really talk about it any other way without seeming like a complete and total b***h to someone who'd seemed to like him before.

He paused again to listen to the announcement from the head counselor, swallowing heavily as a feeling of dread settled in. He was stuck here in this stupid, stressful situation he'd made for himself. What the hell did he think he was doing??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:20 pm
There was a cat squished in a bag. It was not all that comfortable, but it could have been worse. Like, the bag could have lacked in a sturdy lining and the manx could have been squished as the luggage shifted about during the ride. For the brief moment that the girl opened up the bag, the manx inhaled deeply.

Fresh air tasted better than stale air.

"You owe me snacks later!" ********* could feel her tiny tummy rumbling as she folded her paws over that spot in an effort to comfort that empty feeling inside.

LizzyMoo

Rainbow Senshi

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:24 pm
Well, as a senior counselor, he was trying to get everyone to listen up and get organized. It would help if the other counselors were in the game, too, and focused more on the campers than on chatting amongst themselves.

He offered a smile to Castille when she approached him with the things in her arm. "What bus were you on?" he asked, remembering her from when they were at the camp earlier to check it out, but not catching her name. "What's your name and what cabin are you supervising? We're going to try and get the kids to their cabins before doing anything else. If you stand over there," he said, nodding to where he'd indicated the girls to go, earlier, "You can get your campers. Uh, as for the stuff..." he paused, lifting the bright green bucket over his head for a moment to keep the kids from trying to grab at the candy. "If you want to put them down right here, I'll take them to the main cabin later and we can get things back to the kids. Down, guys. You're not animals." Seriously.

Thankfully, Kookaburra had arrived on the scene with her megaphone, and taking a few steps back he offered room for Castille to go with him to the stage. He waited for a few moments to make sure no one else was going to rush the stage and beat him to introducing himself, before moving up to give a small wave to the children, tucking the green bucket of candy under his arm.

"Hey everyone. My name's Chris," he repeated, wondering if they'd heard him that time. "It's my third year as a counselor, but first as a senior counselor. I go to DCU and play baseball. Hope you all have a great time here! Feel free to ask me if you have any questions or concerns!" And with that he stepped down, offering the stage for whoever else wanted to go up.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:29 pm
Lily held her hands up and sighed shaking her head, "Calm down, calm down. I'm not going to tell. Okay? I mean I did not think it was very nice of the boy at auditions and I'm most certainly not going to do that, so don't worry. No need to get overly worked up."

Lily wore a silly smile giving an expression that clearly read 'oh Paris'. She looked to Gently when she made her announcement before turning back to Paris with a grin while they waited for their turn to introduce themselves.

"You will tell me who this person is right? Please?" She wanted to know who it was the big secret had to be kept from and she also wanted to know why, but she did not wish to push her luck. She liked Paris, yes, but they barely knew each other, so she didn't want to turn the possible friendship upside down.

She looked thoughtful for a moment before speaking, "If you want I can help with the cabin thing. It won't do any good to have someone find out and I bet you don't want to be getting up before everyone else does and going to sleep after everyone else does."

Kaori_luv

Enduring Exhibitionist

14,400 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SpaceSalt

Backwoods Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:30 pm
Cass froze when he realized Leah was near him. Was she talking to him? He figured no, but then, it was kind of hard to get around the fact there weren't any other purple headed kids near them.

A small amount of panic set in, and he realized he was holding his breath for some reason. His thoughts turned into a sad little cheer section as he mentally repeated things like 'breeeeathe' and 'you can do this, you can do this!'.

"Y-yeah," He answered, cringing at the stutter and taking another hesitant second to try and string together a more deliberate set of words that didn't come out like he was a nervous five year old.

"I mean, I get h-hair cuts and--" He had to stop himself and smack his own forehead. Now he just sounded stupid.

Quick! Fix it! Girls like compliments, right? "Your hair is nice and purple!" He spazzed out, way too quickly for it to sound natural. And there were announcements and shouts flying around them that he'd totally missed. Maybe he would just stand there and be as still as a tree until he heard a counselor call his name specifically.

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff