Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blank pages, loosely bound (BPLB)

Back to Guilds

A learn to roleplay guild, with classes and guides. An RP school for Gaians of any level. 

Tags: teach, role, play, guide, class 

Reply Main Forum
I just got refused entry to an rp guild Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you think it's fair?
  yes
  no!
View Results

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:10 am
I got an ear piercing shriek in text form for making a commoner with no elemental powers in an Elementalist RP where the major characters were royalty. It's even made funnier by the fact that I ended up promoted to crew a week later.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:21 am
Feral Knight
Kind of. Once participated in a beast race rebellion RP, and was given a warning because my character was too civilized.

Were you in a post- Island of Dr. Monroe type of thing? You could have been more domesticated if such a thing existed.

Which reminds me I need help starting an RP on Bloody Roar. I sort of have it started with groups, settings, and the like but I don't feel like I have the meat of the bone flashed out to make it interesting.  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Feral Knight

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:31 am
No. Just some run-of-the-mill overthrow the empire crap, and I was bored out of my skull at the time. It's just that the creator wanted all members of these beast 'races' to be growling, biting, and clawing at everything in sight. Just because you're a nekori or werewolf, to throw out the two most common that were used, shouldn't necessarily mean that everything else in the world has to be used as a scratching post or chew toy. "You're not being animalistic enough. (growl, snarl, bite, bite)" Was tempted to ask her if she wanted me to establish my dominance over the group as the alpha male, then mount her as my mate, since she was obviously trying to be the alpha female.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:54 pm
I'm tempted to say that you should have. She wanted you to act more like an animal then make her submit. See how much she cares for things being barbaric.

Well did you try to submit a different animal?  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Feral Knight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:50 am
Nope. Just ignored her PM, then tossed her character into a lake, one handed, when she confronted me in the RP itself and tried to accuse me of being a supporter of the evil human invaders. Trying to be violent with a guy that worked security before the invasion, and whose racial traits are greater than human durability, strength, and mass isn't exactly a bright idea. Not with a full frontal assault, anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:45 pm
Sorry, I should have made myself more clear. Did you submit a character that wasn't the nekori or werewolf type?  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Feral Knight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:51 pm
Character was a member of a legendary humanoid race called 'dragonewts.'  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:42 pm
I'm going to make a guess that she was nekori. And I'm going to further make the guess that her character looked more human than beast.  

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200

Feral Knight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:52 pm
Wolf-girl. And yes. Just ears and a tail.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:35 am
I am constantly disappointed at the superiority on Gaia. I completely understand guild crew or above not wanting people within a guild who type like they text. But setting the bar too high is as rude as it is stupid. This is the internet after all ... players could be anyone. And being pedantic about grammar takes most of the fun out of it.

Furthermore, I know that novelists even do not always have flawless grammar. If they did; an entire career branch would not exist (editing).  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Feral Knight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:53 am
I would say that I was constantly disappointed by the inferiority on Gaia, but I'd be lieing. I've come to expect it. I doubt that there are many people on Gaia who demand perfection. It's unreasonable, especially since the few people I've met that do demand it are so far from it themselves that the situation isn't even laughable. But to insist that someone be able to write a series of sentences that don't need a cryptographer or translator to be readable? That's neither rude nor stupid. Quite the contrary. The poster insisting that it's perfectly fine being able to post such nonsense is the one being rude. And don't even think about making the excuse about English not being the person's first language. I'm fluent in two languages, I don't think in English, and I speak bits and pieces of four others. I know people who learned English as a second language, or even as a third or fourth, who speak it like they were born to it.

I also run a guild here on Gaia, and I've been roleplaying in some form or fashion for nearly a decade and a half. I can say with full honesty that I don't expect or desire perfection in my fellow roleplayers. I want responses that I can understand. Something that doesn't make me want to attack every living thing in sight with a fragging cheese grater.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:56 am
You are aware that the thread poster can do all you've said? Thus making your entire post a contradiction.  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Feral Knight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:04 am
Just because a thread creator can be utterly illiterate and still demand posters have good grammar, spelling, and sentence structure doesn't make my post a contradiction. It makes the afore mentioned thread creator illiterate, idiotic, and probably delusional about the existence of their own faults. Feel free to judge the group by the actions of the inferior minority. I'll happily walk all over your judgements.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:12 am
Feral Knight
... But to insist that someone be able to write a series of sentences that don't need a cryptographer or translator to be readable? That's neither rude nor stupid ...
Apply the context of the grammar of the original poster. Then tell me honestly if you think their spelling and grammar is readable without a translator?  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Feral Knight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:20 am
The original poster of this thread? Yes, it is readable without a translator. Do I think it would be acceptable to post like that in a roleplay? No. I've already said as much. Would I expect her to fix those errors before I allowed her to participate in one of my roleplays? Yes. Would I demand utterly perfect literary English? Not a chance.

Here's the thing: If you wouldn't write like that for a school essay or on a written report for work, then don't inflict it on us here. Yes, roleplaying is supposed to be fun. But if a poster cannot show us the common courtesy of posting something that they took the time to write properly, then why should we show anything but contempt?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff