Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Saved RPs
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((Full)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like my new picture for Gio?
Yes
85%
 85%  [ 6 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Better than the first one at least
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
I can find a better one! *Posts an image in the OOC*
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:16 pm
"Y-yeah...." Gio blushed deeper still, as the woman's demeanor changed, her voice becoming kinder, but obviously not very much invested in the conversation. "I don't kn-kn-know why I ran here, but we were just a-about to go into the nearby village. We r-really should be returning."

-------------------------------------------------------

Now was the perfect opportunity. The creature had noiselessly creeped to the woman's flank, still looking down on the group from above. From this vantage point, a stealth-kill would go off flawlessly. It's black eyes fixed on her in the darkness, it's green, razor blade pointed tip-first at her, ready to stab through her heart.

Giving away its position even a second early could ruin the attack, so it had to be perfect. The razor blade glinted fiercely in a stray beam of light as it kicked off of the wall it was latched onto, diving at the woman from the darkness above.

-------------------------------------------------------

Gio was about to turn away from the woman, already feeling that the situation was awkward enough without him just standing there. However, out of the corner of his eye he caught a glint of light from the shadows, and though he couldn't see it, he could feel that something huge was coming straight at them... straight at the woman. He didn't have time to refasten his sword to his belt, so he grabbed it by the scabbard and held it tightly in his left hand, then ran at the woman.

For the moments before he reached her, his mind was swirling. He didn't know why he was doing this, especially for someone they had just met, but he did know that this was something he did of his own choice. It may not be the smart choice, and he wouldn't call himself brave for doing it, only foolish, but he did this by his own choice, and no one else's. He just really hoped she didn't strike at him when he got close.

"L-Look out!" he shouted, slamming his shoulder into her to knock her aside. The impact caused his own body to turn in mid-run. The next moment, searing, unbelievable agony rent him as a long, green edge pierced through his left shoulder, spraying blood out.

"AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!" Gio threw his head back and screamed in an agony the likes of which he had never felt, a blinding, searing pain that made all other senses die away. He couldn't see, he couldn't hear, there was only pain. As soon as his scream died out, his head fell, hanging limp and almost lifeless. The pain had been to much for him, and he had passed out.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The attack had failed, the weak one had seen his attack coming and interfered. It could still kill them though, they couldn't match the strength it possessed, it was confident of that. They may have been close, but it was stronger. Its attention turned to the other two as it lifted the limp body of its victim into the air.

With the guise of the shadows gone, the creature's form was revealed to be that of an enormous mantis. It's dark green exoskeleton had allowed it to blend perfectly into the darkness. Jutting from its thorax were four long, multi-jointed legs that it had used to cling from the walls, and in front were two long, sickle-shaped blades. Embedded in one of these bladed claws was a tiny sliver of clear stone, and that very blade held the unconscious Dragoni impaled on it. He looked dead with how he hung limply there, the only sign of his life being the tight grip he had on his sword, still sheathed.

"Aaaarrgh," the creature hissed angrily, "Foolish child, he got in my way." The creature talking was not a normal occurrence. This was no ordinary monster.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:45 pm
Apparently, Rigo wasn't alone in feeling that something was wrong. The cloaked lady suggested moving out of the area, where they were less shadows... Unfortunately, that probably also meant more winds. The woman's answers were vague as well. However, Rigo did agree with Gio that returning to the village was the best idea. The shadows from the night would be creeping in soon, and the land would be covered in darkness. ...and to keep a watch out, Rigo would have to employ his abilities, which could exhaust him if he used them too much.

The next few seconds flashed in front of Rigo's face as Gio jolted Jolyre to the side and was immediately impaled by a blade from above. Gio's scream echoed in the whole canyon, and Rigo quickly unsheathed his sword and glared at the giant mantis which had just splattered blood from his younger brother. But to make matters even more shocking, the monster spoke. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Rigo frowned, but he somehow kept his composure. After all, while this was a shock, it was still tame compared to two years ago. However, he was strongly concerned for Gio's condition. The monster had to die. Darting forward and carefully ready to dodge for retaliations, Rigo aimed to cut at the mantis's arm, the arm that held the claw and the blade that had pierced Gio. "You are the one in the way. Unhand my brother, creature!" It wasn't the safest approach, but Rigo wanted to get Gio away as soon as he could.  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:13 pm
Gio had yelled and Jolyre had the ground with a hard thud before she even grasped the situation. She gazed up, dazedly, and saw a looming green monster. Worse yet, she saw the clear sliver he had embedded in him.
Not good..
Then Gio screamed in obvious pain and passed out. Still attached to the talking mantis monster
It dawned on her that that should have been her. He had pushed her out of the way. Now, angry at having been attacked by a monster in Tylem, saved by a weakling, and now being obliged to help the brothers, Jolyre leaped into the fray.
Lythe leaped under the monster, hoping it was preoccupied with Rigo. She gazed up at it's underbelly.
Exoskeletons...whose had that great idea she thought wryly.
She cried out and unleashed a series of angry slashes, twirling gracefully under the monster, slashing at everything she could reach, her speed and strength enhanced by the fate shard. It looked like a beautiful, lethal dance. Jolyre was all spinning blades and blond flying hair.
If it came to it, she would sear the damned thing with light, but not if she could help it. The Crystal of Light and the shard were things best kept secret.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:19 pm
Suddenly, the monster's movements changed. From primal, instinctive movements of an animal, they quickly became more calculated and swift. As the older boy tried to strike its arm, hoping to chop it off. In a flash the other scythe-shaped blade came whipping around, smacking at him in an attempt to knock him aside. There was a bright flash of dark purple light as the mantis's attack struck at the man's blade. "Darkness," the creature hissed.

And when the woman leaped beneath it and began striking at it's underside, it leaped away itself and planted itself atop a high rock that jutted from the ground. The white flash that had emanated from when the woman struck it was unmistakable to the monster. "Light," it clicked with delight, "I am quite pleased, mortals. I couldn't hope for better prey, it's four crystals for one hunt!"

It turned it's blade with Giovanni hanging from it, showing them specifically the shard in its blade, "Neither of you can hope to match me, O' Bearer of Light, O' Bearer of Darkness. There is no single and no two Crystal Bearers that can defeat me since I became fully merged with the shard of the Fate Crystal, the greatest Crystal of them all!"

The creature's black eyes narrowed darkly at the two of them, "Do you know what Fate is? It is what awaits this young boy, should you fail to save him! I have no use for him from now on!

Draconia Crystalis

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:14 pm
((Lythe, feel free to post whenever. So, you don’t ever have to wait for me if you are.))

Rigo moved his blade to parry the other scythe blade that came toward him. The mantis hissed “Darkness” upon contact with the blade. There was another white flash from somewhere under the mantis, and the mantis suddenly launched itself away. Light? The Nero Angeal’s eyes darted to Jolyre, showing a bit of surprise in his expression. Two full crystal holders at the same time. By pure irony, it was a pair of opposites.

Four crystals? Rigo could only count three. Himself, Joylre, and the mantis with a shard of Fate that must be the reason why the mantis could talk. He had never met any monster similar to the likes of this one. What was the fourth crystal? And why was the monster calling them mortals? Surely, it was mortal too. However, Rigo was furiously trying to think straight while being tortured with the view of Gio impaled and hanging limp upon the mantis’s scythe while dripping globs of blood.

“It can be said that Fate awaits everyone,” the Nero Angeal stated. He eyed Jolyre, wondering if there was a plan to execute that could be communicated without the mantis noticing. Rigo couldn’t help but wonder if the mantis had encountered actual crystal bearers to make a statement like that. He was not content with the situation, but he knew he had to stay calm and be careful since Giovanni's body could potentially slide even further down the blade and be more wounded. “You are very confident for one who only has a mere piece of one crystal.”  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:26 pm
Jolyre made an annoyed sound in her throat when the thing jumped up onto the ledge.
That's cheating...
"Wait a second.." she hissed, her gaze skipping to Rigo for a moment only. Bearer of the Dark Crystal? Fantastic.
At least she didn't have to hide it anymore. She was sure Rigo felt the same relief that was lost in the intensity of the moment.
She had to save the rag doll boy for his idiotic exploit of taking the impalement for her.
She stood below the creature, feeling slightly helpless, but with anger flowing through her angeal veins.
"We'll save the boy and it'll be the last thing your aphid eyes see!" she cried, her voice dripping with acid and rage.
Out of the corners of angry, narrowed eyes, Jolyre caught Rigo's gaze. She knew his thoughts instantly from the instincts of a warrior. What could they both do secretly that would be powerful and stealthy enough to either kill this creature or get it drop Gio and run. Her mind raced for a solution while her gauntlets gleamed golden.
Unsure of what to do, desperately wanting to save the boy and escape, Jolyre waved her hand and for a moment, the air in front of Jolyre, Rigo, and Gio shimmered in panels. They were protected to an extent behind her barrier, but it since it was spread throughout the three of them, it wouldn't absorb all the damage of blows and slashes that were sure to come.
In her hands, two guns materialized, shining with some rare, pale metal. Maybe...if he did something with his aura...they could combo an attack powerful enough to destroy the beast.  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:08 pm
"Hah!" the creature chuckled, "It is you who are mistaken. You do not understand the true depths of Crystal magic! You do not know how to draw their true might! And as such...."

The creature accentuated its statement by leaping through the air faster than they eye could see, only to land right behind the two of them. It then struck at both the young man and the woman almost at the exact same time, but only using one of its blades. Its intent was to intimidate them with the strike, and to force them backwards. The incredible speed was brought out by the power of the Fate Crystal, which strobes as he draws on its power. It did not strike with the blade that held the young one so as not to lose his hostage. "....You cannot hope to match me!" it screamed. "Memory. Memory is a part of the crystals, and with that memory, I see that you children are as nothing before the previous generation of the Warriors of Light."

---------------------------------------------------------------

Gio coughed up blood as the violent shaking of the insect's movements jarred him from his unconscious state, though only barely. His mind was clouded by pain and endorphins, which rushed through his body like mad. He could feel the living blade that had plunged through his shoulder, only inches from his still-beating heart. How long it remained as such, he could not guess. He couldn't move his left arm anymore, with almost all of his nerves cut off from his brain, but still managed to cling to his sword without really intending to.

His vision was hazy from the pain, but he could make out the outlines of both Rigo, and the woman they had met, and strangely, it looked like the woman's hands were glowing, or rather, the gauntlets on her hands were. He couldn't see anything else because of the murk in his vision. He was losing too much blood. He could taste the coppery liquid in his mouth, and could feel it drenching the torn fabric around his wound. How much longer would it take for him to die? The pain... he wanted the pain to stop.

He wanted it to be over. He wanted to be alive and well with his brother, not wanting his brother to have reason to feel guilty. He also wanted all of them, even the woman that he didn't know, to live, more than anything. He wanted them to be protected, by anyone. He didn't care who it was. He didn't need strength.

That was his wish.

...He wished for them all to live on.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The mantis looked at the young boy on its scythe-like blade and the way its eyes looked almost made it seem like it were smiling. "This boy's life is nearing its end," it sneered maliciously, pulling its free blade to Gio's throat. "What say I put him out of his misery? Maybe if I cut it right, I could catch his head and eat it!" There was an urgency stirring deep in the beast. The boy needed to die quickly, because if it was the right boy, and not just someone that had stumbled upon it....  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:05 am
Jolyre’s light barriers lessened the force of the blow that the mantis swung at with its other blade. Yes, it seemed they both agreed on the idea of combining powers. However, Rigo took a small step backward, as the mantis wanted. “Arrogant creature. Does having access to memory make you a master of crystals? I think not.” Unfortunately, it did seem that the mantis knew more than he did, and it wouldn't be an easy opponent.

At that moment, Gio began coughing up blood again. Rigo’s face had a stony expression on it. If only the mantis would step into the shadows, it would make it easier. He couldn’t wait any longer. Nodding to Jolyre, a wave of dark purple suddenly beamed into existence from the shadows around the area where the mantis was and rushed toward the mantis. If it succeeded, it would mess with the mantis’s vision and hinder it as well as surround Gio’s body. Rigo was going to try to passively transport Gio and only Gio through shadows, away from the mantis. That darkness would also double the light’s function to help shield them. Now, it was a matter of attacking and distracting the mantis. Jolyre had materialized guns, but Rigo did not follow her example. He preferred the sword, although it would make shooting hard for Jolyre if he closed in with the darkness.

((Wow, I was suppressing the urge to make Rigo just flat out laugh at the mantis, but then it would be so out of character it wouldn't make sense at all.))  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:20 pm
Jolyre recoiled from the mantis's blow....just like it had wanted. They couldn't do much because what would happen to Gio? Gio the rag doll boy whose bravery would surface only at the thought of prevented harm to another.
"...I see that you children are as nothing before the previous generation of the Warriors of Light."
Jolyre bristled at the thought that this monster had access to her minds, but calling her nothing was an extreme breaking point.
Jolyre Aegis was one of the strongest, merciless warriors the Glorion Crystalis had to offer.
And that was counted as nothing?
Then it spoke again. Of killing Gio. If that had been Jolyre's last straw, then Rigo had lost it ages ago and was simply very good at hiding. She caught the nod from Rigo and understood everything completely as all warriors should understand each other.
Whipping out her guns, Jolyre bombarded it with blasts of light aura, and worked her way in closer. Once close enough, the guns disappeared and Jolyre cried out, sending an angry spire of searing light energy up at the creature.
All this crystal work was tiring, but her shields around the three stayed intact. She knew that once Rigo enveloped it all in darkness, she wouldn't be able to do as much.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:16 pm
The mantis hissed with delight as both of them launched on an offensive, using light and dark in a converged assault. Beams of dark raced at him from the shadows, while light fired at him from the woman's guns, and then from just in front of him in a huge spire. In an instant it deduced where all of them would unite, and took advantage of it. Light and dark were strong in there own right, even if the wielder was inexperienced, but the two in unison created a violent reaction that was nigh upon impossible to control. That form of raw power would be perfect.

Taking a quick step backwards, the mantis held out its scythe in the path of all of the attacks, the one which held the young boy. With that power, the boy would be obliterated, and his first prize would be revealed. With it, he could dispatch the two remaining ones without any effort.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Gio's eyes strained to open as he was violently jerked forward, sliding down on the scythe blade further. Unknown to him, he was directly over the Shard of Fate.

Through his dimmed vision, he could see a bright mass of light and a deep darkness converging on him. It must not have been intentional, but his brother and the woman were attacking him. There was no way he could survive an attack of Crystal magic. This was it for him. But he didn't want it to end.

Please, please, please! He clenched his eyes shut, wishing it wouldn't happen. I don't want to die! I don't want to leave my brother! I don't want to leave this world!

His mind filled with thoughts of his parents, with no memories of his human ones, he only thought of his adoptive parents, the two kindhearted Nero Angeal that had decided to adopt him, even though he was an entirely different race from them, a weaker human. He remembered how gentle and caring his mother had been to both him and Rigo, and at times stern and nagging. And their father, he remembered how strong and noble he was, always certain of what he believed and never hesitating to do as he wished to. Gio had always admired that about their father.

He desperately pleaded in his mind, wishing they were still here, he screamed in his mind, Father, please! Help us!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The light and darkness impacted together, with the boy at its center. In an instant, the entire crevice was filled with a brilliant flash of twilight, half light, half dark, more powerful than either. The creature screamed in pain at the minor sacrifice it was making to obliterate this child.

After a few moments, the flash faded, and all that was left was the scythe blade. The only difference was, now the entire exoskeleton was blown away, revealing what lied beneath. Instead of living tissue, nothing but pure, translucent crystal remained, in the exact same shape as the exoskeleton shell. The monster had become a being of crystal itself.

The creature turned its head curiously, looking around for something, then yelled angrily at the sky. "Where is it? Where is the Shard of Fate? There's no way they could have destroyed it!"

Draconia Crystalis

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:12 pm
Failure. Gio's body was gone. Rigo's brother no longer seemed to exist, and it was Rigo's fault. His ploy had not worked, and neither had the combined strength of him and the unnamed woman. "Gio..." Rigo muttered softly with gritted teeth.

The scythe blade looked odd and crystal like, not so much metal like as before, and the exoskeleton had been blown away in that area, but Rigo's thoughts were on Gio and how he had failed to protect him before Gio ever returned to himself or the other.

However, when the green creature yelled loudly at the sky, Rigo's attention turned back to the mantis. His eyes narrowed. "Who cares about the Shard of Fate? You, creature, will die." Rigo's aura was flaring with a killing intent toward the creature. If it was any compensation, Rigo would kill off the b*****d that had caused Gio's death. He launched another wave of darkness at the mantis, and the darkness from the mantis's own shadow began to grab at the mantis.

((Edited.))  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:40 pm
((Alright. Edited.))  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:45 pm
Jolyre's eyes widened in horror as the energies converged. It was terrifyingly beautiful, the light show of pure power that rocked the ravines. It stunned her as it rebounded. When the flash faded, the boy had disappeared. Vaporized in the storm of power they dually created.
"No.."she whispered.
Now the creature before was not mantis but a monstrosity of crystalline. What has he done?
A young boy was dead. And Jolyre had a hand in it. The guilt punched in her the ribs, breaking all of them and dropping organs in the dirt of the ravine, her heart falling last.
"....Wait....where is the Shard of Fate...?" she realized slowly.
The boy's brother didn't care for such things. He was all fire and revenge. Fire is catching and soon Jolyre's blue eyes were blazing too. She couldn't save this man's brother, but she would help slay this creature, if not satiate his own need for revenge on his brother, then to slake the shame she felt for letting such a frangible being die so brutally.
The wind in the ravine was still brutal, but less so than the plain, and Jolyre only needed a jump. Knowing she'd regret it for the rest of her stay with this mysterious young man, Jolyre unleashed her wings, half-feather, half-light and kicked off the ground. She fought the winds only long enough to fly back down, landing roughly on the mantis. Not worried about the wave of darkness that would indefinitely envelop her, she started slashing. With every blow, rays would burst making angry crashing sound. "Follow through with it!" Jolyre cried to Rigo. She was sure he would, but in case he had any misgivings, he needed to rid himself of them now. Her light shield would keep the majority of it out. she hoped.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:08 pm
((Thar she blows! It's a big one! xp ))

The mantis being hissed and shrieked as darkness gripped at it from below. It couldn't move its legs like this. And the moment its attention was turned, it could feel something land on its back. "Cursed Angeal, damn you and the Nero to the Void!" it shouted at them, pain making it shout louder as it was pummeled and slashed on its back.

They were growing stronger, tapping into power that took more than just training to reach. It took something much greater than simply practice and many battles to learn the power of a crystal. The young boy's death had helped them reach a small part of that, though it still wouldn't be enough.

In an instant, the monster saw the darkness converging from all sides, and without a moment's hesitation, it leaped into the air again. With the Angeal woman still on its back, it reached over its shoulder and grabbed at her with both claws, flinging her violently down at the ground in a hammer-blow swing. It didn't care if she recovered before hitting the ground, it just needed to find the shard.

It decided that the best way to keep them from attacking him was to talk, and search for it without giving that fact away. It looked straight at them after landing about twenty feet away, and held up its crystal scythe, showing the small protrusion on it where its Shard of Fate still was. "You imbeciles! I have my shard! I speak of the boy's shard! Five crystals all together, the two of yours, and the fate shards held by me, the boy, and the Angeal woman!" Crystals could be shattered, but they couldn't be utterly destroyed, so the shard had to be somewhere around here. But where was it?

"So, you're looking for this?" an angry voice spoke from the shadows behind the Angeal and Nero Angeal warriors.

If the mantis had eye-lids, it would have snapped its eyes wide in shock at the voice. Instantly the creature became silent as a figure slowly stepped out of the darkness. It may not have said a word, but its anger became tangible in the air, an intense red aura forming around it as the power from the Fate Crystal flared to its maximum. It was ready to go crazy at any moment and just kill them all. No more games, no more taking it easy. Next time, they die.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Father? Gio thought as he felt everything slip away. He felt something enclose around him, filling his very soul up.

I am not the one you called for, but I shall help you nonetheless, he felt the words in his mind.

As the voice spoke, he immediately felt a sense of security as he fell even deeper, down into the darkness of his own soul.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stepping out of the dark shadows, the figure was revealed to all of them. Standing before them was Gio in body, but just from the way he walked and the feel of his posture, anyone could tell that it was not the weak, helpless little boy that had been impaled. He still carried the gaping hole in his left shoulder from the mantis, and his left arm hung limply at his side except for its tight grip on the sheath of his katana.

However, there was more that was different about him than just the way he walked. His physical features had gone through an astonishing change as well. His once brown hair was now a lavish white, hanging down over his eyes, which had shifted from slate gray to a glowing, ice blue. His once timid and nervous look had become one of steeled determination, of unwavering resolution and courage. He wasn't just like an entirely different person, he was an entirely different person.

A bright glow emanated from his chest, where his heart was. "What you sought was just a few inches away, just within your grasp. Now, you have no chance of getting it for yourself," he said to the massive creature, even his tone sounding completely different. It was deeper, more angry
and mature, but still undoubtedly his own voice.

He looked with an unflinching gaze to the two Warriors of Light, the Light Crystal to his left, the Darkness Crystal to his right. "I can't beat him alone," he told them, "I'll need your help, but together we are far stronger than him. Remember that feeling you just had. Remember how you felt when you drew upon your Crystals. The strength of your resolve, resolve to protect one's self, and resolve to protect others. Anything you strive for with all of your heart. That is your power."

Draconia Crystalis

Saved RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces