Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Urimian

4,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:09 am
'Nother question about fear! Does my character has to know about his fear before the school year? Or can he not know it at the start of the year, and then slowly learn it?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:17 am
@Eternal:: Most are, yes. They are not aware of their past lives though, save for that one obsession all ghosts carry with them. So say you had a character that was a soldier in life. Well, he'd not remember ANYTHING about being a soldier, but in death he might be obsessed with precision/perfection since soldiers in the army are required to be meticulously clean.  

x___Doctor Ruri

cibarium

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:04 pm
Oooh! If I have an idea for a student club, can I start asking about it in the plottings forum, or should I wait a bit until things are settled?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:08 pm
:3 go ahead and start plotting ~ we don;t have the specifics up for em yet, so they won;t go into play until after the "student orientation" period, where we open RP and get a couple classes going as well. BUT ~ it would actually be kinda helpful for us if you start plotting for them, since the clubs are mainly student run, the staff will have less influence over them than they have with classes ~ so you guys can help us add stuff and work out the bugs in the system, so to speak.  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Quirm

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:00 pm
For creating and questing for characters; if a sub-species is not on the list in the Directory, do we just wing it, assume that it's automatically a Monster or contact staff for assistance?

Edited because I forgot a word, yo.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:01 pm
:3 First see if it fits in with any of the species ~ for instance, the demon category includes most of what we would consider Fae (the not nice versions that is) and Reapers include many of the magic users ~ but yes, Monster is a catch-all category for the "everything else"

~ but feel free to ask here ~ ! And if we feel your quest thread lists the student in the wrong species, we'll definitely help you correct it  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

S a l l y S h e e p

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:08 pm
What's the campus policy on coming and going (open or closed campus)? Like for clubs, can they be hosted/meet in the black surrounding the academy on the map or go to the forest?

[Edit] -Super big thumbs up- Got it. 8D  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:19 pm
It's open campus AS LONG AS THEY ARENT SKIPPING CLASS. D<

Because some of the students can fly, and keeping it closed campus would be an exercise in futility. But keep in mind that the campus is effing HUEGE with a variety of moats, swamps, forests, and a nice graveyard to hang out in kk ~ !  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:01 pm
I have to ask, since Ghost aren't actually physical (I assume they could go through walls and use their powers to move things), it would be hard for a monster with a physical Fear to harm them, correct? Say that Monster A causes Fear by making them feel creeped out by their slimy tentacles. If they were in a fight with a ghost, they would be at a great disadvantage. Monster A would therefor have to somehow jump out and use his physical appearance of being scary in a battle instead of his other tactic relying on sensation.

*Asking because she has a quest that involves a Kelpie who forces people to stick to him.*

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:13 pm
Where battling is concerned ghosts take on a physical form as not to have an extreme advantage. So everyone is even across the board.

Strait Jacket Girl

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:16 pm
:3 Everything in Halloween is made of fear, ghosts aren't immune to this. Especially in battles ~ where an attack is basically one student using extremely focused fear to hit/dodge another student. For a ghost to be immune to physical attack, that has to be their fear ability.

Also for Snots? This ability can only be used once in battle, because they aren't able to keep that focus for an extended amount of time.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:22 pm
Is there any specific or required information when plotting up a club? Is at least one leader required? Stuff like that.  

S a l l y S h e e p

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:32 pm
Blue's gonna be writing up some club rules and guidelines shortly.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:46 pm
I have a question about questing versus enrollment. Questing is just planning out your character, yes? So when a quest is accepted the concept and personality is accepted?

Does enrolling a character mean the character personality is approved and the physical art is agreed to be made or already existing? So once I get a custom slot for my personality approved character I can post that I want to enroll her?

When enrolling a character do we post directly in the enroll thread? I just wanted to make sure because I see some threads that say "enroll - approved" and some "quest - approved" and in the " { HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO ENROLL MY CHARACTER}" thread it says we may post in that thread.  

S a l l y S h e e p

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:58 pm
Basically, if you have quest that's approved. And like a few weeks later actually get that character? Just post in that thread so someone can do a quick go-over of the quest before admitting the student.

Right now it's probably a bit strange, right?

That's because there was an off-gaia promotion for student characters a few weeks ago, because we want the shop RP to start out active. So the current peeps with enrollment threads, are one's who already have art or art-in-process, but they still have to get those characters approved. Since having a bunch of enrollment quests approved, and then having them post in the enrollment thread and wait to get approved again in the same day would be a waste of everyone's time at this point, we're letting them skip that. This will likely go for pre-made student in the upcoming event (next week, btw) as well.

This is how NORMAL quest ---> enrollment should go

1.Make Quest
2.Get Approved
3.Get actual character at somepoint
4.Post proof that your quest was approved
5.GTFO out of quests and make your damn journal already  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers