Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luthien_Shy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:48 pm
Sinner
Luthien_Shy
If she is a analytical person like I am, have her check out the book "The Case for Christ". It really helped me understand that Jesus was who he said he was and that he's there for us.

Of course, if she's halfway intelligent, you should probably avoid that pile of garbage.

Apparently you don't believe in strengthening your faith huh? Have you read the book?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:53 pm
Luthien_Shy
Apparently you don't believe in strengthening your faith huh?

Strengthening one's faith is a fine thing. Doing so through misinformation and idiocy is bad.

Luthien_Shy
Have you read the book?

To my own dismay, I have read a good deal of it. The rest of it I gleaned from various websites.

It is perhaps the literary pinnacle of the stereotypical moronic Christianity that is so hurtful to people with sense.  

Sinner

Luthien_Shy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:56 pm
Sinner
Luthien_Shy
Apparently you don't believe in strengthening your faith huh?

Strengthening one's faith is a fine thing. Doing so through misinformation and idiocy is bad.

I don't know if this is starting a debate in a debate, but I was wondering what you mean by misinformation.

Sinner

It is perhaps the literary pinnacle of the stereotypical moronic Christianity that is so hurtful to people with sense.

Please explain. I don't understand why you think that it propigates "stereotypical moronic Christianity".  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 7:55 pm
Luthien_Shy
I don't know if this is starting a debate in a debate, but I was wondering what you mean by misinformation.

Simply put: Not true.

Luthien_Shy
Please explain. I don't understand why you think that it propigates "stereotypical moronic Christianity".

Because it's Christian, moronic and stereotypical.

It takes the weakest, most pathetic, idiotic arguments against Christianity, and points out the glaring weaknesses in them. Then it claims that since these poor excuses for arguments were defeated, Christianity is somehow validated.  

Sinner

hot_wheels_turbo_racing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:08 pm
Ben-Kun
and i think she'll go to Heaven anyways because she's such a good person!

Sorry, but unless she's accepted that Jesus is her Saviour, and that she believes He died on the cross for our sin to save us from eternity in Hell, then she will not go to Heaven. Good works do not get us into Heaven.

Ben-Kun
anyways - - do any of you guys have any proof that i could give her that God is really there??? (I think she believes in Him, she just isn't 100% sure yet)

Well, why don't you start by asking her a leading question? Like how does everything exist? Ask her something that will lead into explaining how God is the answer, but, of couse, have your backup for your answer ready.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:17 pm
hot_wheels_turbo_racing
Ben-Kun
and i think she'll go to Heaven anyways because she's such a good person!

Sorry, but unless she's accepted that Jesus is her Saviour, and that she believes He died on the cross for our sin to save us from eternity in Hell, then she will not go to Heaven. Good works do not get us into Heaven.

Ben-Kun
anyways - - do any of you guys have any proof that i could give her that God is really there??? (I think she believes in Him, she just isn't 100% sure yet)

Well, why don't you start by asking her a leading question? Like how does everything exist? Ask her something that will lead into explaining how God is the answer, but, of couse, have your backup for your answer ready.

Good point, any backup would be totally misonceading since the fact that you have to know something you dont, but because you believe and you see, and have faith, but phisical proof of God......you'd have to SHOW her God. May the Lord have mercy on her soul heart  

Alchem_DeRogue

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:56 pm
Guakamori
I'm in such a perfect/peaceful mood right now - - I just finished talking to one of my friends...

I need proof about God for her...

she said she hasn't been to church since Easter cuz she doesn't really have proof that He's there...

she's my friend and I love her so i want to help her smile i mean - - it's not like she doesn't believe in God... and i think she'll go to Heaven anyways because she's such a good person!... but she thinks it's kinda sad that she hasn't been to Church in a long time...

i have plenty of proof of God in my life, but i can't really just hand that to her... we've never really met in real life - - we've just talked over the internet and stuff... but yeah - - she's still one of my best friends EVER...

it's not like i want to, "save," her like people on here are always saying... i think she's already been saved, and i also think God saves everybody - - not just people who believe in Him... some people never get the opportunity to hear about Him/believe in Him, but they're still really good people... so yeah...

but yeah - - any proof, people??? i want her to feel good about herself 3nodding smile
Ok,Pm me tomorrow because I want to try something to a friend that I hope that will work.
But i have the same peoblem.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:17 pm
First of all, the church is our ultimate "Power Plug." We feel God's presence in church. Your friend absolutely NEEDS to go to church to stay Spiritually STRONG for Christ!  

Atarashi No Sensei

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Sinner
Fierce_Deity12345
Sinner
God is taken on faith, not proof. There is no proof, so we must have faith. That's the whole point.

True. You cant see air, so you have no proof its there, but you know its there cause you believe it is cause you have faith that it is.

That's crap. There is proof that air exists. Although we cannot always see air, it has a clear and visible effect on things that we can observe. The existance of air is clearly proven.

God, on the other hand, is not.

Sinner's right. also if we didn't have air we'd be dead xD mainly cuz the air is filled with oxygen, the stuff we need to breathe :3 how do we know we need to breathe it? because without it (scientifically shown) we suffocate.

the proof that wind is there? you can FEEL IT.....it blows alot sometimes and you can feel it on your skin.

thats a physical observation. and actuall you CAN see air...if its a tornado. cuz the wind picks up all that debree from the ground, giving it a physical form to see smile i dont see how more basic you can get then that for proof that air exists.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:41 pm
you guys....Sinner IS right. There IS NO PROOF God exists. why? Because God won't allow it.

We go to him by faith ALONE right? if there was proof God existed faith would be a little pointless.

The Bible isn't proof. To MANKIND it just considered a book, a book with stories they cant back up, like the great flood from Moses' time or the plagues of the earth. You have to remember that the bible we ALSO believe in by "faith" because we don't have proof that hte stuff it says its real (at least physically). Us christians can only obtain the fact that God doesn not lie. Therefore everything in the bible that is said is true (to US christians).

They've tried to prove it, but can't. They merely go on mankind's speculations.

Demon possession is the same thing. You can't prove God OR the devil exists, and it takes a demon to posses a person right? Well you can't prove that demon's exist either.

You just gotta except that there's no proof of God's existence. Course theres always the argument that "a creation demands a creator" but to nonbelievers there are MANY types of creators such as "the big bang theory" or "evolution".

That's just how it is.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ginger Snapple

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:15 pm
Point out the fact that she is alive. Thats ultimate proof that God is real.
For faith there should be no need for proof. You read the Bible and then you decide whether or not you believe.
I dont think religion is something you can push on someone. Its a very personal choice, you can't just decide to go to church cause mommy wants you to or because everyone else is a christian. You go to church with the sincere desire to learn about and love God.
You should talk with her about why you believe and why you love God. Mabye you'll inspire her.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:08 pm
exorcisms are proof . u believe in evil u should believe in good {devil/demons-God/angels}its simple logic  

The Angel Of War

Shizuko-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:09 pm
i kinda agree with SaintChaos, in the fact that there is no PHISICAL proof of god exsisting. But thats where faith comes in, if you have faith and trust god, you see the proof of his exsistance in your life and in the lives of those around you.

and as for the origonal question. I have a friend much like yours, shes kind of confused, she semi beilives but doesnt really know. All you can do about things like that is if they ask questions then answer to the best of your abilitiy, theres not a hole lot you can do, someone ethier has faith or they don't, it just takes longer for some people to gain that faith in god. its not somthing that you can force apon them or rush...the best thing you could do for your friend right now is pray to god, pray that he'll reviel himself to her. Many people try to give examples of "proof" in thier own lives, but trying to proove his exsistance your self just wont work. Its kinda like its between god and that person, and all you can do is basically answer questions if they have them, and just be there for the person while thier learning and growing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:32 pm
Guakamori
I'm in such a perfect/peaceful mood right now - - I just finished talking to one of my friends...

I need proof about God for her...

she said she hasn't been to church since Easter cuz she doesn't really have proof that He's there...

she's my friend and I love her so i want to help her smile i mean - - it's not like she doesn't believe in God... and i think she'll go to Heaven anyways because she's such a good person!... but she thinks it's kinda sad that she hasn't been to Church in a long time...

i have plenty of proof of God in my life, but i can't really just hand that to her... we've never really met in real life - - we've just talked over the internet and stuff... but yeah - - she's still one of my best friends EVER...

it's not like i want to, "save," her like people on here are always saying... i think she's already been saved, and i also think God saves everybody - - not just people who believe in Him... some people never get the opportunity to hear about Him/believe in Him, but they're still really good people... so yeah...

but yeah - - any proof, people??? i want her to feel good about herself 3nodding smile

There are two approaches to this.
1) Try to help her experience the presence of God for herself. Suggest a trip, sightseeing, personal retreat, or something else of that sort. This is the easier and most effective method.
2) If it is empirical evidence you're after, PM me, I have lots; it is my great passion. It is a long and difficult path though. I hold it up as best I can in the ED, but there is no end to the secular thought in that place. Arguing and reasinging with this is mentally and physically exausting. I often take 2-3 day breaks to recover.
And as far as her salvation goes, she need only belive in Jesus as her Lord and Savior.  

Jocken

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces