Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Deck Database
[DECK/---] Unnamed Deck Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

armycat jockamoe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:09 pm
body changing ino
armycat jockamoe
Nathan The Gray
What am I trying to accomplish?
Nothing. Why should I try to accomplish something in this game?

What concept is it based around?
There is no concept. I duel with the cards that I like and nothing more.

What is my victory?
I don't look for victory. I don't need to prove myself in yugioh because I already have. I play to kill time. The fact that I win is just a byproduct of the way that I play.

I'm going to give you my honest opinion here.

1. You should try to accomplish victory, because that is the reason you play games to win.

2. That's fine, but no concept has a name it's called highlander, this is just a pile of cards that you like.

3. Victory is not a byproduct, it is a goal. If you do not aim for it you do not deserve it. Games are as I said before played to win. You may play for fun, but the very essence of games like this is a quest for victory.

No as for your deck, as I said it's a pile. That's ok, I'm not here to say the pile concept doesn't work, I'm just trying to say yours won't. If you want to play a deck full of favorites, cut to forty and go for a highlander style. Of course I mean no offense and am merely stating my opinion.

sorry for intrupting but i dont agree with #1/#3

yes people should try to win.. but some times this game is not all about wining -^^- I play yu-gi-oh for the fun of the game not to win, and becouse of that i personaly injoy the game much more that, making a out ragest deck and winning evey time.. just becouse winning all the time is boring and not fun for the user or the oppodent(s)..

and number three , Victory is not just somthing a person deserve`s in eney manner, Victory comes from hard work and making or using a deck or cards that fitthe users stile of game play. .. and yes we(him and i) play for fun.. but like a road there are diffrent way to walk it.. we walk a diffrent way that you (playing for fun).. and becose of that we have found out thing you havent .. and lunrd things you havent .. what i have see by your post , you play to win and make deaks to win.. and Victory is a deserve thing.. .. but trust me if you lossen up on that idea and walk the road in a diffrent way.. your see thing you dident see before.. -^^-

exsample would be ( + test )
1. change or make a deck out of cards that you dont even use. like equip shot , Bone Temple Block , Brain Golem !, even use Turboo Booster , Sunny picky , and if you think about chains and combos you will find out good deack ideas...

Quote:
look at the cards i put down read then carfully and use them in a combo the best you know how. sinario below (play it out) win the dule on this turn.. -^^-

you have no monsters on field (lp 1400)
Bone temple Block face down on field.
Brain Golem and Tuboo booster and Equip shot in hand.
Sunny picky in grave.
its your Main phase 1.

playing agenced light sworn otk fieald(no jugment dradon) one monster zone open (2100 lp)
1 sell or trap.
no cards in hand
Lyla in grave yard.

The purpose of a game is to win. You should aim to win and have fun. Even if you build a fun deck you don't build it weak so you can lose, you build it strong so it can win. Victory is the goal in every game, every competition. I'm not saying you can't have fun, just that you should try to win.

Exactly, and by trying to build a deck you enjoy, by working hard, by making your own style you are aiming for victory. As you seem comfy with it I'll use your road analogy. I walk both roads. I play decks to win and decks for fun, yet even my fun decks are built for and capable of victory. Even with my fun decks I struggle for victory, to earn it; and yes that does make it a deserving thing.

As for your puzzle.

Bone temple block discarding Equip Shot.
I get Lyla, they Get Pixie.
Activate Lyla's effect destroying their back row.
Tribute Lyla For Brain Golem.
Golem kills Sunny Pixie.
Golem effect activates and he attacks for game.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Nathan The Gray
This is more of what I was looking for. I use a fifty card deck (no more, no less EVER) because it's a fair number. I've been stuck in a combo of Ordeal of a Traveler, Spirit Barrier, Astral Barrier, and Spirit Reaper. I had nothing left at that time to get rid of his cards so I ended up having a draw out one turn before he did. I keep the fifty BECAUSE most other people keep less than that. But the main reason I keep this deck constant is that it has no serious way to knock it down and keep it down. There's no common theme among the monsters. No common type or attribute. If you know the effects on my effect monsters, you'll notice they either destroy, weaken, protect, or bring back cards. Same for spells. Traps are my main line of defense when they need to be but I don't use them unless I'm against something I can't bring down with a monster. Most of my strongest monsters are only level 4. This allows me to get more offensive monsters out faster without cost.

Then you should play highlander.  

armycat jockamoe

Nathan The Gray

Dangerous Genius

3,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:32 pm
armycat jockamoe
Nathan The Gray
This is more of what I was looking for. I use a fifty card deck (no more, no less EVER) because it's a fair number. I've been stuck in a combo of Ordeal of a Traveler, Spirit Barrier, Astral Barrier, and Spirit Reaper. I had nothing left at that time to get rid of his cards so I ended up having a draw out one turn before he did. I keep the fifty BECAUSE most other people keep less than that. But the main reason I keep this deck constant is that it has no serious way to knock it down and keep it down. There's no common theme among the monsters. No common type or attribute. If you know the effects on my effect monsters, you'll notice they either destroy, weaken, protect, or bring back cards. Same for spells. Traps are my main line of defense when they need to be but I don't use them unless I'm against something I can't bring down with a monster. Most of my strongest monsters are only level 4. This allows me to get more offensive monsters out faster without cost.

Why is everything should with you? I used to play to win because there was a time when I was the weakest member of a group that I was in. But as time when I by and we all got better, I started having a better streak. I don't play to win anymore because it lost the taste when 1) No one was as effective as they had been and 2) the other members of my group stopped playing.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:58 pm
armycat jockamoe:.. sadly what im trying to say is not geting to you... lut me say it plain and simple.

you don`t have to want to win to win.. you dont nead to deserve eneything.

the game is played diffrent ways by people, and sadly like most card games the people with the more money win becouse of the cards thay get that other people may not be able to get... or use decks like blackwing, lightsworn, glads, Vocanic Burn, Battery men , Twilight Guarden, and now new Otk Ojama`s, and even some E-hero decks to win dules.. there is nothing deserving about that tyipe of win.

most people win by Money , The Deck thay use , or Unfair Play

lol that was kinda a easy card test razz lol  

Poison To The Heart

RandallTheGreenGeek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:11 pm
the OBJECT of the game is to win, but the PURPOSE of every game in existence is to have fun. run the deck the way you're most comfortable. i do =P  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:18 pm
body changing ino
armycat jockamoe:.. sadly what im trying to say is not geting to you... lut me say it plain and simple.

you don`t have to want to win to win.. you dont nead to deserve eneything.

the game is played diffrent ways by people, and sadly like most card games the people with the more money win becouse of the cards thay get that other people may not be able to get... or use decks like blackwing, lightsworn, glads, Vocanic Burn, Battery men , Twilight Guarden, and now new Otk Ojama`s, and even some E-hero decks to win dules.. there is nothing deserving about that tyipe of win.

most people win by Money , The Deck thay use , or Unfair Play

lol that was kinda a easy card test razz lol

I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying is that the essence of a game played between two people is to crown a winner. Someone wins no matter what. That's why you need to try to win; have as much fun as you want but accept that the goal is to win.

As for your money argument that's a fallacy. You can play this game at a tier two level with $30 the same price as three starters. Teir one can be reached for maybe 30-50 more.

You're naming cheap decks. Blackwing is one of the cheapest decks out there now. Volcanic, Batterymen, Ojama. Two of these are cobbled together from rares.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who works for a win, whether it be a deck built over years, or someone who just puts money into the game deserves it. Sure maybe the loser doesn't deserve the loss, but the winner, so long as they are not cheating and have out in, deserves the win.

I have no idea where you are getting that from. I mean you're pretty much saying the only way to win is invest lots of money and cheat.

Yes it was, and also inherently flawed. No LS would have a field like that.  

armycat jockamoe

armycat jockamoe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:21 pm
Nathan The Gray
armycat jockamoe
Nathan The Gray

Why is everything should with you? I used to play to win because there was a time when I was the weakest member of a group that I was in. But as time when I by and we all got better, I started having a better streak. I don't play to win anymore because it lost the taste when 1) No one was as effective as they had been and 2) the other members of my group stopped playing.

Then you've given up. Just because their is no challenge left doesn't mean you should stop improving, it doesn't mean you should stop striving for the top.

As for the reason everything is should with me, it's because I know this game, I play this game, and I understand why you should change your deck if you want to compete. Which as far as I've seen you are content playing your build, that's fine, and you should ask for a thread lock.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:17 pm
Nathan The Gray
armycat jockamoe
Nathan The Gray

Lol, i can tell how you feel, suddenly no one plays yugioh anymore, but anyway, years later i have come to embrace yugioh again.

Sure it is fun to play with close friends, i know, but now i enjoy playing aiming to win and as well just having fun with regular people, some can be very good, some can be very bad, it is always fun to see what an opponents deck has, and see if you can beat it. Certainly victory is my main goal, altough playing and have a good time in the process is a goal too, they are compatible.  

Baulfret3

Deck Database

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces