Welcome to Gaia! ::

Greek Mythology Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for lovers of Greek Mythology in all its rich variety. 

Tags: Greek, Greece, Classical, Mythology, Myth 

Reply The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES
Our Mythology inspired Art Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hermes the Herald
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:45 pm
Ares or Mars
I didn't know you drew, Hermes. neutral

Please, I'm a Jack of all trades! I can do a lot of things you'd never have thought I could do! smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:51 pm
Hermes the Herald
Ares or Mars

Please, I'm a Jack of all trades! I can do a lot of things you'd never have thought I could do! smile

Like the time you invented masturbation and taught it to your son Pan? Or when you invented the Lyre and then stole the cattle of Apollo ONE day after your birth? Yeesh.  

Akherontis
Captain

Hermes the Herald
Crew

2,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:43 pm
Akherontis
Hermes the Herald
Ares or Mars

Like the time you invented masturbation and taught it to your son Pan? Or when you invented the Lyre and then stole the cattle of Apollo ONE day after your birth? Yeesh.

Yes, of course! PRAISE MY BRILLIANCE! biggrin

I have photos from that eventful day! Best. Invention. EVER! Well, there are a couple of things that were cooler, but STILL.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:49 am
User Image

athena chibi... if any of you know of saint seiya youll know why she has purple hair
AND did you know goddess' could change their hair colour at any time? found that out on this website deicated to the anicent hairstyles in greece... xd  

Philo_Clio

4,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Akherontis
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:52 am
history goddess
User Image

athena chibi... if any of you know of saint seiya youll know why she has purple hair
AND did you know goddess' could change their hair colour at any time? found that out on this website deicated to the anicent hairstyles in greece... xd

Well, deities are shapeshifters. Zeus regularly took the form of a wandering old man when he was testing the hospitality of certain kingdoms. But deities have true forms, naturally, and true haircolours. I've always thought of Athena as having black hair due to all the pottery portraying her thusly. But I have seen versions of her as a blonde or a brunette.

EDIT: I almost forgot to say! That's a lovely illustration!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:29 am
*chimes in*

And, it has been made very clear that Athena has grey eyes! I don't recall anyone else's eye color being so adamantly repeated as hers.

GreenInkling

Salty Sweetheart

Philo_Clio

4,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:18 pm
hmm... you all make really good points... another thing i find tricky about Athena is that she as homer puts it has 'flashing eyes' dose that mean her eyes change colour too? eyes, human eyes can (seem to or do) change colour, mine for example change change from greyblue to green... prehaps thats what homer meant... another thing is that with the greek vases most if not all have black or dark hair due to the materials that they where useing. usually i make athena blonde because there are/where painted statues with her hair as such.
meh, shape shifters are tricky... and so long as she has her symbols (aka helmet, spear, ageis etc) we'll know its her...

oh and heres another i drew last night when i couldnt sleep. a little pic of the childern (younger generation i call them) of Zeus. Persphone hangs in the back and you can pretty much guess whos who from there... sweatdrop

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:14 pm
Wow! Dionysus looks really ecstatic, there!

Why is Hermes resting on Athena's lap, though?  

coffeebeancloud

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Philo_Clio

4,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:09 pm
to me hermes has always seemed like the brother that just loves to annoy and joke around with his half siblings.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:31 pm
Well, I don't have any more Greek artwork at the moment, so I'll just post some stuff I've done from other Mythologies (mostly Celtic). Not entirely on-topic, but drawing Greek Gods takes FOREVER.

User Image

I just finished this one a while ago, forgive the five minute colouring job. It's not a satyr, but a Urisk. Urisks are Scottish goblins who live near waterfalls and ponds. They're lonely critters, desperate for company but scaring off any potential friends with their ugly looks.

User Image

A Brownie named Rug Randolph. Brownies are British domestic spirits who live in human households and do the housework when nobody's looking. There are still families in England today that claim to have their own ancestral Brownie.

User Image

The Wulver is native to the Shetland Isles. It looks like a vicious werewolf, but it's actually a friendly hobgoblin who spends his time fishing, and sometimes leaves his catch on the windowsills of poor families.

User Image

Trows are a breed of Troll that live on the Orkney Isles, noted for being unusually small compared to their giant Scandinavian cousins.

User Image

Sun Wukong, my interpretation of the Monkey King from Chinese folklore.

User Image

A modern variation on Friar Rush, a devilish spirit who tempts monks and friars to lead debaucherous lives.

User Image

Cernunnos, the Horned God. Originally a Gaulish deity, traces of his worship have been found throughout the Celtic world.

User Image

A Leananshee named Suanach, my version of one of ~ContessaLeandra~'s characters. Leananshees are like a cross between a succubus and a muse. They prey on young artists, inspiring them but draining their life and beauty at the same time. Purportedly this is the reason why so many passionate creative people die young.

User Image

A young Irish Wyrm named Rhys, with a body structure that I wanted to seem canine.

User Image

Mictecacihuatl, the Aztec Queen of the Netherworld. Aztec deities are...scary.

User Image

Puck, or Robin Goodfellow, the shrewd and knavish sprite from Shakespeare's comedy. Stupid me, I saved the image at that size and then lost the original. Ah well.

User Image
A troop of Goblins which I based loosely on myself (right) and two of my friends. I was going to do a comedic comic about the trio as bumbling minions to an undead magician during the Jacobean era, but haven't found the time. The background isn't mine, by the way, but mashed up from a bunch of pics I found on Google.

Here's a conceptual for one of them. Mooch is actually a Gnome, pretending to be a goblin in order to fit in:
User Image

User Image

Kishlee, my Pooka character. Heck, there's too much I could write about this one, so I'll just leave it at that. Here he is playing for a gathered assembly of Pixies, Gnomes and Salamanders.

User Image

Here's a more detailed sketch of Kish.  

Akherontis
Captain

Philo_Clio

4,900 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:20 pm
do you realise just how incredably talented you are? i think if i tried to tell ecatly how talented you are id be very close to commiting an act of hubris... so just know thats how talented you are... lol xd sweatdrop xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:58 am
Haha, aw, thanks, shucks.

Here's a brand new one. Huehuecoyotl, the Aztec god of music, song and dance. A trickster deity who seems strangely similar to the Native American trickster deity Coyote.

User Image  

Akherontis
Captain

A Crooked Love

Sparkly Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:30 pm
I love your art Akherontis, kinda reminds me of Brian Froud who I love. My goal this summer is to paint a scene of Medusa in her stone Garden seeking the human company she so desperately craves but can never have. First though I have to finish my Lilith painting. <.<;  
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:48 am
Akherontis
Well, I don't have any more Greek artwork at the moment, so I'll just post some stuff I've done from other Mythologies (mostly Celtic). Not entirely on-topic, but drawing Greek Gods takes FOREVER.

User Image

I just finished this one a while ago, forgive the five minute colouring job. It's not a satyr, but a Urisk. Urisks are Scottish goblins who live near waterfalls and ponds. They're lonely critters, desperate for company but scaring off any potential friends with their ugly looks.

User Image

A Brownie named Rug Randolph. Brownies are British domestic spirits who live in human households and do the housework when nobody's looking. There are still families in England today that claim to have their own ancestral Brownie.

User Image

The Wulver is native to the Shetland Isles. It looks like a vicious werewolf, but it's actually a friendly hobgoblin who spends his time fishing, and sometimes leaves his catch on the windowsills of poor families.

User Image

Trows are a breed of Troll that live on the Orkney Isles, noted for being unusually small compared to their giant Scandinavian cousins.

User Image

Sun Wukong, my interpretation of the Monkey King from Chinese folklore.

User Image

A modern variation on Friar Rush, a devilish spirit who tempts monks and friars to lead debaucherous lives.

User Image

Cernunnos, the Horned God. Originally a Gaulish deity, traces of his worship have been found throughout the Celtic world.

User Image

A Leananshee named Suanach, my version of one of ~ContessaLeandra~'s characters. Leananshees are like a cross between a succubus and a muse. They prey on young artists, inspiring them but draining their life and beauty at the same time. Purportedly this is the reason why so many passionate creative people die young.

User Image

A young Irish Wyrm named Rhys, with a body structure that I wanted to seem canine.

User Image

Mictecacihuatl, the Aztec Queen of the Netherworld. Aztec deities are...scary.

User Image

Puck, or Robin Goodfellow, the shrewd and knavish sprite from Shakespeare's comedy. Stupid me, I saved the image at that size and then lost the original. Ah well.

User Image
A troop of Goblins which I based loosely on myself (right) and two of my friends. I was going to do a comedic comic about the trio as bumbling minions to an undead magician during the Jacobean era, but haven't found the time. The background isn't mine, by the way, but mashed up from a bunch of pics I found on Google.

Here's a conceptual for one of them. Mooch is actually a Gnome, pretending to be a goblin in order to fit in:
User Image

User Image

Kishlee, my Pooka character. Heck, there's too much I could write about this one, so I'll just leave it at that. Here he is playing for a gathered assembly of Pixies, Gnomes and Salamanders.

User Image

Here's a more detailed sketch of Kish.

hey, do you mind if i borrow a couple of these for an Ancient Civilizations class at School? I need some graphic references to different deities.  

anima noctis

Dapper Elder

5,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Melios the Hoplite

10,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 11:55 am
Dang... Akherontis you should make your own roleplaying game trying to feature all of these creatures and more if only you could find the time.
Quick question, what mythology is Samiel, hellhound and seed of destruction from? Got it from HellBoy.  
The Mouseia: ART AND STORIES

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff