Welcome to Gaia! ::

18 to enter, 21 to drink....

Back to Guilds

This Guild is for Gaians 18 or older to meet and socialize with people in their age group. 

Tags: Over 21, Over 18, 18 or older, Older, Adult 

Reply 18 to enter, 21 to drink....
Books & Manga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The last thing I read was:
  The newspaper
  A book
  Manga
  A posted sign at WalMart
  I dont read, I'm illiterate...
View Results

Raspberry(Soda)

Goat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:42 pm
<3

I just finished reading Gestalt vol.3...So far it seems ok, I really like Yun Kougas' work..but her stories tend to be a bit choppy..

As for novles, well I don't read many books... umm I like the Hobbit..
and I have read some by Simon R. Green.

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:56 pm
When I was a kid I got into this series called "The Boxcar Children." As an adult I've been into Harry Potter and today I just finished "New Moon" of the Twilight series.  

MicahBear78

jaded_and_tainted
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:44 am
MicahBear78
When I was a kid I got into this series called "The Boxcar Children." As an adult I've been into Harry Potter and today I just finished "New Moon" of the Twilight series.

Haha Boxcar children.. XD I used to read those, we were at my moms house and we were going through her basement and found loads of old books we used to have growing up and stuffs biggrin I even found my calvin and hobbes books ^^ still awesome.. We had a whole set of the Boxcar Children and my mom made me take them home, I was just gonna toss them when i got here cause I have like 3 book shelves and two are filled with books both mine and the kids, surprisingly though :/ my kids liked them.. I had to reorganize all me antiques and Boxed porcelain dolls to make room for them.. >.< Yeah and calvin and hobbes lasted about a month before I had to trash them the girls wouldnt stop reading and fighting over them.. I was UBER sad about that. sad atleast I got to read those through one more time before they tore em up though.. razz HAHA Boxcar children.. Good times!!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:23 pm
I remember the boxcar children! I loved those books!  

Kithandra

Agent0013

350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:08 am
Check out Ikigami "The Ulimate Limit" By Motoro Mase both the author and artist in which is a rare occassion to see..  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:50 pm
Been reading L change the world... a hard cover story about Death Note.... and so far its interesting.  

TheIndianJohnSmith
Vice Captain

Married Demigod

Hikage CaLima-Ahzei

Elfin Gunner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:51 pm
Last Manga i read was Ral Grad vol. 3. Also gonna get started on Empowered by Adam Warren vol. 4.

Books currently reading (translation, havent finished yet)

Spent by Geoffrey Miller

Final Fantasy and Philosophy

Otaku : Japan's Database animals by Hiroki Azuma (havent even started this one)

Negima Vol. 25 (also havent started)  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:27 pm
Read your heart belongs to me from Dean Koontz it was eh so so but I read The face of Fear by him next and I finished it the same night I started reading it. Really good I love books that enthrall you..  

jaded_and_tainted
Captain

beaulolais

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:52 pm
my authors are:

John Crowley
Robert Holdstock
Garth Nix
Susanna Clarke
Jane Austen

manga i have finished include:

Fruits Basket

Kare Kano

Shattered Princess

Lupin more or less

Trigun  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:01 pm
My favorite manga would be "One Piece", author and illustration by Eiichiro Oda. For books, just about anything from Piers Anthony or David Gemmell.

I used to read a 300 page book by each of those two every day. I should get back into it.  

Hailfaith

beaulolais

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:37 pm
Endphaze
My favorite manga would be "One Piece", author and illustration by Eiichiro Oda. For books, just about anything from Piers Anthony or David Gemmell.

I used to read a 300 page book by each of those two every day. I should get back into it.

really truly?

Piers Anthony at two per week?

his stuff is immense@@;;!

but immensely funny.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:50 pm
beaulolais
Endphaze

really truly?

Piers Anthony at two per week?

his stuff is immense@@;;!

but immensely funny.

No. I read an entire book every day, not two a week. I said two to refer to both of those authors. It was summer and we didn't have anything to do, so I walked to the library once a week to get another 5-7 books. I've read Piers Anthony, Terry Brooks, David Gemmell and Garth Nix. Xanth is my favorite Piers Anthony series while the Blood Stone series is my favorite from Gemmell. Can't pick from the other two.  

Hailfaith

beaulolais

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:49 pm
ah, i too am very fond of Garth Nix!!

too bad the Abhorsen themes are so scary; they'd make good movies but have to be rated R i would expect.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:29 am
MicahBear78

the predecessor to the Boxcar Children was a touching book by E. Nesbit called The Railway Children, set around WW I.

E Nesbit is a fine fantasy author, ignored because she wrote "for children", but just as good as any recent author such as Pullman.

Her latest re release is "p***y and Doggy Tales"!  

beaulolais

18 to enter, 21 to drink....

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces