Submit

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:03 pm
It was peaceful here in the longhouse, the drops of rain echoing from the rooftop as the pure air from the storm drifted in from the doors. Within this state of bliss she continued to nibble at his brow, images of home and her little herd flashing through her mind's eye. Often she found herself missing the place where everything was familliar, where the comforts of her friends kept her feeling safe. This land was new, and oft turning out to be frightening...yet now that she was with Cuauhcoatl the worries seemed to be nothing but fleeting memories.

Nodding softly, she'd feel better knowing that she'd be able to be of assistance to him if it backfired. "When it stops raining...you can try." She figured he'd realize due to her lack of courage towards storms that sunny days where she could go get food, or water for him would be more ideal for the little mare. Yet something seemed to stir when his nose met her side...a slight turning of her stomach. The feeling was foreign for her as she glanced to Cuauh, yet she said not a word...he may have been the Angeni of Learning...yet some things wern't for sharing.

Stopping her grooming as she hoped the itch was gone, she jumped down from the platform and shook out her mane stiffly. She wanted to run about, yet the rain outside and the unfamilliar high ground wouldn't be wise. "I would like that. So far they've been interesting and informative...then again it could be my jealousy of your travels." A bright smile was shot up toward Cuauh, as tiny hoofbeats turns to poke her head out of the door to the longhouse; gazing around outside as she waited for him to find his scrolls. It was still so foggy from the low laying clouds, scrunching her nose whenever a drop or two fell onto her face.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:56 pm
Gathering up one of his scrolls, he nudged it into his specially designed reader beside his 'bed'-- he had designed it himself using several technologies he had encountered through his travels, and one simply stuck the scroll with the listed side up, and with a small crank he had scavenged from a European settlers rubish heap, it would open the scroll and slowly wind it open, rolling it up on the other side. Winding the other direction would cause it to 'rewind'. He had a similar mechanism created for flipping the pages of books while in horse form. It was quite difficult to do so without damaging the material without fingers after all.

Curling up on the cushions, he nudged the other scrolls out of the way and looked over at Ikinya, "I've got the reader set up.."

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:16 am
Inhaling deeply to enjoy the smell of the rain to its fullest extent, chocolate irises wondered just how the lands below their little mountianous plataeu looked. On the way here she'd passed along some of the lower mountians and it was simply amazing how the low sea fog had swept along the shores. She could imagine the lowlands just like she sandy beach had been that day.

Perking up as she turned with a smile, the little mare trotted over to the contraption and hopped into his 'bed'...a usual spot where she enjoyed listening to him read while occasionally sneaking a peek since she was high enough. Pulling the largest cushion back to the side to make herself a little mountian, the usdia jumped onto it and nestled herself down. She enjoyed it greatly, since with all the cushions and him laying she was nearly eye level with the stallion and could look down at the scroll as he read...even though she couldn't understand the writing.

"So what is this scroll about...?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:02 am
"T-this?" Cuauhcoatl chuckled slightly and gripped at the metal crank, which had leather wrapped around it to keep him from chipping teeth as it loosely moved around the handle as he opened the scroll. He Paused at the first bit of strange scribbles and illustration, "This is actually one of my theories, due to observations I've made through the many years and forms I've taken, even before I started taking forms -- curiosity was always a trait of mine.. Its become an important concept to me. I've named it 'Descendantile Change.'."

He glanced over at her with his brows lifting up to hide under his headdress, giving the illusion that his eyebrows were scaled, "the concept is that over time, traits of those who breed are passed on to their offspring -- such as markings, colors, additional limbs, intelligence, and so on -- and if it is viable to survival of the offspring, that will be passed on, and eventually create a new breed or even a species. Such as how the horse, or 'Soquili' and The Usdia had separated at some point from a common ancestor to become two similar, but different species, as well as the Zebra, the mule, and so on, through the hands of mankind and the spirits... It's become something of a religion to me, almost, to follow the change, and I hope to someday take part in the process, which was why I took a Corporeal form. However.. I believe in love.."

He paused at the thought, chuckling dreamily as he looked through the scroll, his thoughts off in the distance, "rather then blind instinct to mate, I'd rather wait until I found a women I cared for emotionally, and trusted... And I suppose preferably either human or a horse of some type, since I've managed to get myself limited to the two forms, and I'd rather not do as the Greek Gods did and take on swans or something of the like."

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:42 am
Tilting her head to glance thoroughly at the scroll she could see the images of the forms he spoke of, of Soquili and Usdia's...Zebra which she recognized and smaller mules (which she thinked looked much like Usdia's!). Listening intently as he spoke, she allowed the information to sink in while she dwelled...surely those with say wings and defensive traits like horns and sharp teeth would have a better survival rate.

"Back in my tribe...we were always taught that we were all one, all connected. I suppose it is like you're saying...connected all through ancestory links." Usually such deep talks were few and far between amongst her Usdia brethren, the days were long and laborous and other than play days they lived a simple life...which nearly all of them enjoyed in peace. It was a few odd ones out like Ikinya who had dreamed of more, and had the courage to grasp opportunity.

However her attention was immediately captured by the surfacing subject...Love. It made the little mare feel another bout of butterflies in her tummy, it definately was not a subject which came up often for her. "Do you? So...you would chose to wait till that someone came along rather than the urge to take a mate to continue your lineage? What if that someone never comes?" Swans? A confused look came over her face as well...would anyone who'd never seen or heard of such a foreign concept. Shaking her head she figured she wouldn't even go there, it was far too confusing for her mind at the moment. "Is that why you still wish to keep human form...incase the one for you could be human? I'll be honest...its quite strange to hear, but im not as well...traveled as you. Its almost romantic in a way..." A soft giggle rose from her throat, maybe there was someone here for her....or the possibility that she'd left her someone behind. She'd been told love was a fickle mistress at times...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:01 pm
Chuckling, the large stallions eyes softened slightly as he nuzzled his nose against her kindly, before looking back at the scroll, "Unfortunately, I don't remember much about the earlier breeds of horse nor the base of the species-- I wasn't quite as conscious then, if still curious, before I gained a body. And It predated writing, so I lost so much information back in my youth..."

He laughed, embarrassed, "S-s-sorry, It appears I've been rambling somewhat. I hope I'm not boring you.."

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:06 am
Again the strange tingling sensation in the depths of her tummy at his mere touch caused her to snuggle further into her pillows, somehow wishing she could vanish amongst them. It wasn't like this was the first time he'd touched her, heck, she'd rose on his back the entire way here and slept at his side each night. What was changing? Cuauh was her friend...she'd never met a more friendly giant in all her life!

"Of course not!" Ikinya quickly countered, folding her ears back before looking to her legs. "You're so fascinating Cuauh...I could listen to you for hours...honest. So please...just be yourself, because its who I like best!" Smiling brightly, she tossed her head back to remove a few unruly braids from her face.

"Now...answer my questions!" Wether or not he was avoiding it never crossed her mind, the curiosity simply taking controll. "Will you wait for love, or give in to your desires to continue your lineage if it takes too long?" Tilting her head she also added, "Incase that someone is human...is that why you wish to keep your human form?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:01 am
"It is, partially, why I want to keep my human form, yes, but not fully. The other part is I like making things, like my reader, to allow me to do things in my soquili form, and need to be able to do repair damage done to the long house."

Cuauhcoatl pointed out, looking around the cabin in embarrassment as he began answering the other part of the question "A-as for if I'll wait.. I will. But, if the one I fall for... Isn't of a breed I am able to become, after so many years of being trapped with the choice of two, having been physical rather then a full spirit for so long.. Well. I Sup-suppa-suppose I might, with her - or h-his, despite I c-currently have no interest in men, b-b-but I suppose I shouldn't l-leave it out s-since the intellectual and emotional is more important. What I'm trying to say is, if something like that happens, I w-would suggest, once we settle in a little, to look f-for Surrogates t-together."

He swallowed, dipping his head in embarrassment as he paused to stop the stuttering, "-As a family. And not accept any mare the other does not agree to, in order to start a family, and have heirs to raise, to teach. Adoption, as well -- Children tend be fresh slate, open to teachings that could allow them to become good people, and orphans need parents to raise them... I like children." Laughing softly, Cuauhcoatl shrugged, eyes closing a little, "Perhaps it's because I relate to them -- curious and inquisitive, so eager to learn about the world around them, even if many find school boring as time winds on."

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:41 am
Looking around the longhouse as he pointed it out, she blinked in a mild confusion. The place looked fine to her, yet as she'd never been in a longhouse before meeting Cuauh she had no idea perhaps the upgrades and renovations that needed to be done. "I see...makes sense!" Ikinya commented, before being slightly surprised by his sudden studdering when he answered her question from before.

It really was admirable, since she'd seen so many mate just for the convenience, desire for kids at any cost, or by accident. To meet someone who'd wait, genuinely wanted and loved kids was rare for the usdia mare, and it made her smile warmly. "Thats really admirable, Cuauh. Any mare would be truely blessed to gain your affections!" She giggled, a coy little smile drawing over her lips. "And with how you look I don't think you'll have problems at least attracting possible candidates!"

Nodding her head, the mare stretched out a bit on her pillow, not even noticing the rain starting to taper off. "I assume then you don't have children of your own, be them adopted, or...surrogate?" Truthfully Ikinya hadn't fully grasped or understood the concept yet, since it was pretty much a foreign concept to her previous herd and life where most mated for necessity.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:39 pm
Cuauh chuckled good naturedly at the confusion, "I've raised children before in a sort of adoption. Or helped others raise them when they couldn't do it alone. As for Surrogates.. Well, That requires me.. Ah. D-donating my own traits by mating, so would sort of defeat the purpose of waiting for my heart to settle on someone. Looks, I believe, are secondary."

He smirked slightly, nudging her lightly in a playful manor, "If a mare wanted me only for looks, I'd be rather uninterested in them, more then likely." He paused, ears swiveling as he listened to the stopped rain, and felt a strange drop in his chest and stomach, a sudden wave of sadness sweeping over him.

The Sunset colored stallion cleared his throat and cranked the scroll down farther, pretending he didn't hear the weather as it began to clear, rewinding it and picking it out of the reader before putting another one into it, "Ah. This is part one about 'civilizations' and how they developed over time -- its much like my thoughts on teaching and Descendantile Change. Even humans, or 'two leggers' have it. When they learn from each other and advance on each others abilities, as a sort of 'mutation' to the ancestral line of learning and knowledge, their cities advance with them. This ones mostly about villages and cities like the ones you'd find up here, nothing like down in the South Americas or in the Old world.. Or at least the non-tribal old worlds. In places where moving around a lot promotes survival, such as many areas in the heart of Africa, things tend to stay simple and temporary, easily transported or easier to abandon.. As farming and such becomes more viable -- perhaps I can show you my garden -- staying in place and domesticating things becomes a better survival trait and structures become larger and more permanent."

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:52 pm
Oh.....OH. A ruby flush came over the usdia's face as it was clear she fully understood surrogacy, blinking twice before nodding her head. "Thats...very nice of you!" For some reason it came to a bit of a relief even though she figured he hadn't found that someone....he would have been with her then if he had! Turning at his touch, despite the feelings that still swirled in her soul the mare smiled with a laugh, shooing him away with the flick of her hoof.

"Hey now! Even if its undesireable, looks still attract...I mean even though our meeting was a bit accidental, I still feel that I could have approached you otherwise since you look nice. It doesn't say much...but the feeling is there....and who knows, asides from that primal first step...what if it was that someone you were looking for!" Ikinya had a feeling he wouldn't disreguard someone if their initial approach had been for looks, but he was stern on his feelings of love and they'd have to prove themselves fairly quick.

Of course, with her attention quickly drawn back to the scroll at hand, looking over the various buildings and layouts of some permanent residences. "Wow..." It was surely amazing what the two legged could do with their hands. "I understand....we moved around a lot when resources became to far, or the land dried beyond repair from the dry seasons..." Garden? He had a garden? "Do you really have one? With flowers or food?" Ikinya perked up, adoring all the flowers she'd seen in these lush climates. "Well then! I really hope it stops raining so we can go see...." Perking her own ears, Ikinya could hear birds singing...which she could not while the rain was poruing. Glancing to the doorway she could even see the spots of sun which filtered through the cracks below.

With a smile that could have lit up the longhouse, she jumped from the pillows and stuck her head out into the sunny world outside with a gasp. "Cuauh! The storms over!" She exclaimed, moving out into the wet grass and breathed in the crisp air...for the first time being able to look around and see the land below through the breaks in the nearby hills. "Would you look at that....we really are high up!"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:20 pm
"oh! oh, of course, I m-misunderstood. I thought you meant attract people by looks alone..." While he was by no stretch of the imagination vain, When he first took the form of a bird -- his first corporal form -- he had modeled himself after a rather striking sunset he had seen through the black silhouette of bare tree branches, the sky a bright cyan with clouds mottled in pinks and purples and oranges, fading to a deep blue green and into night as the sun settled beyond the horizon.

It had been beautiful, and he had hoped to capture its beauty in a chance to understand it, to find out why such things captivated. As well as in a hope that such imagery would settle those around him, to trust and go about their business around him once the wonder wore off. He knew his colors were beautiful, though looks were not important, and thus he didn't think of himself as anything but 'there'.

However, his ears drooped as Ikinya left the cushions for the outdoors, slowly standing up and walking softly to the opening, dipping his head past the cloth before stepping out, "we're on the southern slope of a mountain valley, and there's a bit of a drop off if you head further south -- There's a lovely view, but I wouldn't suggest it with the ground soft and wet."

Cuauhcoatl smiled softly, heading back towards the stone and clay part of his cabin, "If you'd like, the garden is this way -- There should be some vegetables ready to eat. I tend to grow food and medicinal plants.. I trade them with a friend of mine -- a fellow named Mecho, you may run into him someday, pale blue, wears a scarf. He has a couple 'venders', including a human, and often helps other soquili gain accessories and familiars..."

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:50 pm
Ikinya followed diligently behind the large stallion as he rounded the longhouse towards where the garden was said to be. Rather excited, even moreso about the prospect of fresh fruit, Ikinya couldn't help but watch his form move ahead of her. He really was large as looking to her side his shadow completely dwarfed her and the mare could appreciate the height of her friend. At the same time, she felt rather disspointed that she wasn't taller, perhaps she wouldn't look so funny standing at his side.

"Mecho you say....funny name." Although one could suppose she had a weird name too seeing she wasn't local. "Vendor as in...like fellow traders?" The word was foreign to her, but she assumed it meant something close to trading. She was accustomed to working side by side with the two legged, so the concept didn't seem so strange to her. "I'll have to try and remember."

Once the garden came into sight, the little mare ducked her head a smidgen and trotted right under his lumbering frame with her ear tips brushing against his stomach. Making her way right up to the mass of vegetables and mountianous berries her eyes lit up as she tossed her head back to glance to Cuauh. "Wow! You grew all of these? You're amazing!" Once more her eyes flew back to the view before her, and her little tail flicked to and fro. "Would anything be ready for us to eat?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:37 pm
"It's mostly not me, though -- Nature did the growing, I just planted them and made sure they were well tended for." Cuauh chuckled, carefully plucking a cucumber and offering it to her with a full mouth, "Just beh careful about hurting tha' plants, ahkay?"

The sunset colored stallion set it down for her to eat, smiling warmly, "Anyway, yes, vendors are other traders. Sources of items. A rather unstable fellow who thinks he's a cat tends to trade gems,animals, and herbs for random knicknacks, and he then often either trades them directly with other soquili for favors, or to either the human hermit women in the south west who comes from the seminole tribe of Florida - a long way away from home - or to me, in order to help tame the familiars or get materials made into items we can wear, in exchange for other things she can trade for elsewhere. Its an interesting cycle, really."

Stretching his wings, he nudged her on the side playfully, teasing softly., "Perhaps I can get the materials to make you a nice African style necklace? mmn?"

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:45 am
"Of course not..." Ikinya smiled up to her companion, watching as he picked a cucumber just for her. "Its almost sin to waste food where im from, so i'll be extra careful, thank you." Lowering her head the mare took a few bites of the cucumber, pleasantly surprised by its crisp but flavorful taste. She listened closely as he commented on the other traders around these parts he dealt with....a stallion who thinks he's a cat? Indeed strange...but she supposed it made sense that sooner or later one would need to deal with the two legged, or Cuauhcoatl.

However, as she finished the last of her cucumber the mare nearly shoked as the soft feathers trailed on her sides....it could have been nothing, but her mind began to race. When she had ventured into the more heavily populated and diverse city to get to port, she'd stayed a while waiting for the ship to return. Where human males gave females jewelry to symbolize and commitment and affection. Normally it wouldn't have phased her, but is wasn't like it was passing down or giving away jewelry....he was going to make her one. Plus the small fact he could become human and had lived for lords knew how long....he must have been aware of what he was offering....right? Perhaps she was overlooking the statement, but that sheer nagging fact that he was so cultured and partially human simply left no alternative in her mind.

Who would have known how wrong she was?

"I....I Cuauh.....I mean....we just...." Surely her face was as ripe as the raspberries nearby, as she quickly turned her head to avoid his face. "R-really you don't need to get me anything! Let alone s-spend all that time...I mean....it would be lovely im sure but....ah...." Frazzled with her heart racing, she shuffled her feet as her head dipped to conceal her eyes with her unruly half braided locks.

"I really don't want to be a b-bother, having to trade for the materials and such. I should get....get going though..." Ikinya didn't like not being in controll, her words stammering and train of thought constantly derailing. She couldn't think, her mind as a state of chaos...all from Cuauh, who probably had no clue what was going on for the little usdia. She needed time...to sort these confusing emotions out before she really lost her mind.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff