Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Transgender, and how it relates to Christianity Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xahmen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:32 pm
diabolical_ferret658
Zahwomen
I'm a woman, but I have male genitalia.
My brain chemistry (backing proof that transgender male-to-female have different brain chemistry) is that of a woman's, but my body is male.

As a result I am sexually attracted to men.
Does this make me gay?
Is this a sin?

And what gives you the right to call gays heathens? Admitting to this then calling gays heathens is not right. Maybe you need to remember who it is that your are representing, because the example you are setting as a Christian is not at all pleasing to God.

But gay people are heathens.
They have sex in the a**s.
Not referring to gay women because they aren't really gay, they're just pretending as to make men jealous.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:43 pm
Zahwomen
diabolical_ferret658
Zahwomen
My brain chemistry (backing proof that transgender male-to-female have different brain chemistry) is that of a woman's, but my body is male.

Does this make me gay?
Is this a sin?

And what gives you the right to call gays heathens? Admitting to this then calling gays heathens is not right. Maybe you need to remember who it is that your are representing, because the example you are setting as a Christian is not at all pleasing to God.

But gay people are heathens.
They have sex in the a**s.
Not referring to gay women because they aren't really gay, they're just pretending as to make men jealous.

Apparently you haven't heard of the recent scientific discovery.
When in the womb, if a fetus gets too much of a certain hormone from it's mother, that hormone influences the sexuality of the child. If fetus is female and she gets too much testosterone, she will more than likely end up with male brain chemistry and end up attratced to other females. the same goes for male fetuses as well.

You should really think before you reply. Being judgemental and hostile to homosexuals while questioning your own sexuality because of your deformity does not work very well when coupled with the ignorance you have been showing.  

ferret658

ferret658

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:25 am
Zahwomen
Just Tony
Zahwomen
confused
That doesn't answer anything.
Homosexuality is a sin.

You may be attracted, but do you engage with them sexually? That is what makes one necessarily gay. If you are struggling with your sin, and striving to be devoid of it, then I would not proclaim you necessarily gay. However, not being a Christian yourself, and perhaps willing to partake in such a thing... Then I would assume yes, then that would make one gay.

Do I judge you? No. I do not agree with the idea of homsexuality, but I will not judge those that are gay lest they present themselves to be of poor moral fiber and perhaps violent against me or loved ones.

Ian McKellen is a beloved actor I'm fond of, and he is said to be gay. I still enjoy his works. Anyway, that is a personal matter.

To answer the idea of homosexuality, again, it is a sin. Do you wish to be sexually involved with men? Then yes, that makes you homosexual, or "gay."

I'm a woman.
Why can people never wrap their heads around that?
I. Am. A. Woman.
I'm not a gay man, I'm a straight woman.

Yeah, I'm attracted to men.
Yes, I would love to have sex with a man.
Sadly enough I don't have the equipment to enjoy sex the way I would prefer (not in my butt, no thank you), so until I get my handy-dandy replacement surgery, there will be no sex for me.

I'm sorry for what I said earlier. If you could pm me, we could talk this out.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:31 pm
Zahwomen

Does this make me gay?
Is this a sin?

both hell and sin are made op concepts aimed at controlling a population with fear

you can't help the way you feel
nor are you responsible for the way you were created

don't worry about bible babble and just focus on living your life  

lordstar

Hot lin78

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:16 pm
I haven't answered earlier because I just didn't know what to say to you. My heart breaks that you're in the situation you're in, and I know you feel a bit confused about your position in Christ because of it.

I know the Bible says that homosexuality is a sin (at least that's how I read it). However, I don't quite know how God views your life. Don't you think that He would be more interested in healing you than in letting you know if your attractions were sin?

That probably sounds glib. It isn't meant that way at all. I honestly believe that God can change all that isn't right with you; then, you wouldn't be worried if your seemly natural attractions were sin or not. I'll be praying that God intervenes in your life and changes things all around.

Hot lin78  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:41 am
No, love, get some hormone injections and love youself.
I applaud you. It's not a sin, it's who you are.  

Blood Saga

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:29 am
This thread is old, but I'm going to post my two cents in here anyway.

This type of question, there is no real easy way to answer this. However, you are exactly what God has made you to be. If you were born a man, regardless of how you feel in your head, then you are a man.

If you have sex with other men, then its wrong. Period. It doesn't matter how you try to justify it by the ways of "mankind". For the understand of man is not the understanding of God. Your ways, are not God's ways.

Trying to justifying it with such and such scientific "evidence", it still makes it wrong. God made you what you are. You either accept it or you don't and deal with the consequences.

However, one thing you should always keep in mind, no matter what any RADICAL christian says to you, you will NOT go to hell for being gay. The very fact that you are concerned about your issue and that you are trying to deal with it, shows to me that at least you're not purposely trying to slap God in the face. You are showing him that you care. He loves you regardless of what you are. He sent his son to die on the cross for everyone's sins, including non believers, whatever those sins may be.

Yes homosexuality is a sin, but so is stealing, and murder, and not loving that neighbor and etc etc etc. Some sins are worse than others, but a sin is a sin. That doesn't set you apart an differently than any other sinner. The bible states we ALL deserve hell, but in deed he has saved the believers. You are going to heaven, just like I am. all you can really do is pray to god for help on dealing with this and I wish you the best of luck.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:54 pm
Golly goodness!
Such an old thread of mine!

So basically, you feel that Science has no place in the views of God?
But Science is the language of God, and since Science has shown me why I am the way I am, God must have made me this way!
Why would God make me this way unless he accepted it and loved me for it?
Because a bunch of whack-jobbed yackos back in the dark ages decided that alongside eating pork and wearing clothing of two threads, the love of a man and a man must be a sin too?  

Xahmen

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:27 pm
Zahmen II
Golly goodness!

But Science is the language of God, and since Science has shown me why I am the way I am, God must have made me this way!
Because a bunch of whack-jobbed yackos back in the dark ages decided that alongside eating pork and wearing clothing of two threads, the love of a man and a man must be a sin too?

as old as these threads are, they're the most recent in the entire guild on the main forum. either that or the guild is jut dieing and I decided to come back at a bad time. if the threads were at the bottom of the page or on some other back page i wouldnt have bothered. so what do people expect me to do? lol

science is not the language of god. science is the language of mankind. and because it is based on the understanding of MAN I am all the more skeptical of what mankind views as right versus what God has plainly put down in his own words what he views as right. As an example: God views abortion as wrong and yet mankind uses science to try to explain that the fetus inside the woman isn't a life form until it hits a specific stage of development to try to justify killing it off as right.

And as I said before, you're going to heaven regardless of if you're gay or not. God loves you regardless, but because he loves us we can't use that as an excuse to do things that are sinful. we either follow the ways of god, or we move off the path and live a life of misery.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:54 pm
Boy, I wanted to post in here for the longest time, but I never gotten around to it. Also, I do not know where to start. As the matter of fact, I do. I'll start with the Word of God. Now, please bear with me. It is midnight, and I tend to ramble on and on when it is this late at night.

First, I want to look at Transgender. The word means, "A person appearing or attempting to be a member of the opposite sex, as a transsexual or habitual cross-dresser." I believe this is not scriptural. The Bible states that there needs to be a distinction between Man and Woman. I have been reading a lot of these posts, and I am actually shocked. A lot of people claims that the Bible does say about this or that, but if you dig through the Word of God, I believe the Bible says a lot about every aspect you can think of.

Anyways, Mark 10:6 says "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." I believe that it says that they are either male or female. Nothing in between whatsoever. Sure, we have sex changes, but according to this passage, it is against the Word of God. Everyone was made in the image of God. He created us how He wanted. He knew our names before He made the heavens. Why in the great creation do we want to change of what God has given us?

Well... I believe that the main issue is found in 2 John 2:1 & 16 about the Lust of the Flesh, the Lust of the Eyes, and the Pride of Life. We want to be something else than what God has given us. And I would actually classify that as selfishness. It's like when someone gives you a present. But you look at it and handed it back, saying you want something else. That is something I do not understand of why people are doing it.

I will talk about 1 other thing before I go to bed. I read a lot of times that people often say, "God made me gay" or "Gay is a lifestyle. It doesn't matter with God." I want to warn you of the sin of being deceived. Being gay is strictly against the Word of God. It is a feeling, or a lust after the flesh that amazingly, the Bible often warns about it.

1 Cor. 6:9 says "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind."  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:24 pm
Thistle_Whistle
Boy, I wanted to post in here for the longest time, but I never gotten around to it. Also, I do not know where to start. As the matter of fact, I do. I'll start with the Word of God. Now, please bear with me. It is midnight, and I tend to ramble on and on when it is this late at night.

First, I want to look at Transgender. The word means, "A person appearing or attempting to be a member of the opposite sex, as a transsexual or habitual cross-dresser." I believe this is not scriptural. The Bible states that there needs to be a distinction between Man and Woman. I have been reading a lot of these posts, and I am actually shocked. A lot of people claims that the Bible does say about this or that, but if you dig through the Word of God, I believe the Bible says a lot about every aspect you can think of.

Anyways, Mark 10:6 says "But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female." I believe that it says that they are either male or female. Nothing in between whatsoever. Sure, we have sex changes, but according to this passage, it is against the Word of God. Everyone was made in the image of God. He created us how He wanted. He knew our names before He made the heavens. Why in the great creation do we want to change of what God has given us?

Well... I believe that the main issue is found in 2 John 2:1 & 16 about the Lust of the Flesh, the Lust of the Eyes, and the Pride of Life. We want to be something else than what God has given us. And I would actually classify that as selfishness. It's like when someone gives you a present. But you look at it and handed it back, saying you want something else. That is something I do not understand of why people are doing it.

I will talk about 1 other thing before I go to bed. I read a lot of times that people often say, "God made me gay" or "Gay is a lifestyle. It doesn't matter with God." I want to warn you of the sin of being deceived. Being gay is strictly against the Word of God. It is a feeling, or a lust after the flesh that amazingly, the Bible often warns about it.

1 Cor. 6:9 says "Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind."

EXACTLY!

I'm going to elaborate a bit more on this now. Its a thought I came to about a year ago at understanding the nature of sin and how it affects us. Man gay Christians will claim that they are born gay, but in biblical christian logic, that is not true. as was stated by me and Thistle, God made us exactly the way he wanted each and every one of us. He's not going to create us to purposely go against his own teachings. Neither did he create us with sin. Sin was passed down to us through the bloodlines of Adam and Eve. Satan uses sin to tempt us corruptly and avert us from leading a life of a Christian in ways that God sees fit.

Sin is the biggest sickness we will ever be afflicted with because it is with us from the day we are born to the day we "physically" die on earth. There is no escape. Now to get to the point of my elaboration here:

I'm going to ask you a question, but I don't want you to answer it. Its rhetorical. I want you to answer it in your own head. Okay, really simple here. Trust me there's a point to this.

What is your favorite candy? (You answer this in your head) Okay now ask yourself WHY is it your favorite candy? Now you'll probably sit there and try to rationalize why it is, but is there really an answer? Yes. You like it because that's who you are. You are an individual with different tastes and different opinions. You like it because it APPEALS you to the most out of any other candy.

Sin works the same way. Now I'm going to ask a similar question. Out of all the sins you do, what affects you the most? For example, lets take this trans gender issue into affect. You like the same sex. Why? Not because you were born that way, but because THAT particular sin appeals to YOU the most. Appeal to the same sex doesn't work with me because I'm more tempted by other things. My whole point here is that each and every once of us are affected by sin differently. Some sins will appeal to you very little, while other sins appeal to you greatly.

And it is that same reason why you find the same sex attractive. Its because, as mentioned above, that particular sin tempts you the most. Its your "flesh's" way of telling you what you desire the most out of sinful desires. Everyone experiences this. And this is why I usually stray away from mankind's way of explaining it scientifically because its just mankind's way of covering up or making up excuses for what is just simply sin and nothing more.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:32 am
I agree. But, you know.... I had a little thought, or more like a question. I see many posts asking if it is a sin. Like if being Gay was a sin, or anything like that. And yes, I do agree that we should look what is a sin, but we should look more towards the will of God. When I look at posts to see if they are asking what is a sin and what isn't, immediately my mind thinks, "Are they going by works?" Because I have seen this many times. A lot of people are trying to be perfect. But being perfect without faith is worthless to God. It said that "Ye are saved through faith, not by works, lest any man should boast."

A Christian's Life is not based that we're worried about sinning, but about having the perfect relationship with God. It is where man and God are walking together. Just like when God did back at Adam and Eve's time. They walked with God. If we establish our relationship with God, then who should be against us?

And I do want to point this out, right here. I believe that a Christian sins. But it should be the exception, not the rule. I do not believe in sinning and confessing, over and over on the same subject. I believe it is not the old man being revived when the Christian sins, but the new man that falls.

Anyways, that's my thoughts about sin. I might go in depth of it later.  

The_Lord_is_My_Shepard

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:02 pm
SaintChaos
Zahmen II
Golly goodness!

as old as these threads are, they're the most recent in the entire guild on the main forum. either that or the guild is jut dieing and I decided to come back at a bad time. if the threads were at the bottom of the page or on some other back page i wouldnt have bothered. so what do people expect me to do? lol

science is not the language of god. science is the language of mankind. and because it is based on the understanding of MAN I am all the more skeptical of what mankind views as right versus what God has plainly put down in his own words what he views as right. As an example: God views abortion as wrong and yet mankind uses science to try to explain that the fetus inside the woman isn't a life form until it hits a specific stage of development to try to justify killing it off as right.

And as I said before, you're going to heaven regardless of if you're gay or not. God loves you regardless, but because he loves us we can't use that as an excuse to do things that are sinful. we either follow the ways of god, or we move off the path and live a life of misery.
Actually Science is both the language of man and God.

I would take a gander at this list, and count the number of Christian Scientists: http://www.adherents.com/people/100_scientists.html
These men and women believed in God and have made significant contributions to our society, life, world, and understanding of the how questions.

:3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:06 pm
Thistle_Whistle

Actually the word effeminate doesn't refer to homosexuals. In Paul's context it refers to those who are not disciplined. According to the dictionary the word effeminate is latin, and refers to men who act feminine. However, fyi, there are straight men who act like girls. It's not just gay guys.  

Tirissana

5,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:35 pm
xLady Tsukiyox
SaintChaos
Zahmen II
Golly goodness!

Actually Science is both the language of man and God.

I would take a gander at this list, and count the number of Christian Scientists: http://www.adherents.com/people/100_scientists.html
These men and women believed in God and have made significant contributions to our society, life, world, and understanding of the how questions.

:3

thanks for the notion, but its not necessary to provide lists of christian scientists or athiests that became christan etc etc. i already know for a fact without even looking that there are many types of christian men and women. there is over a thousand denominations of christian branches. which is rather ridiculous, but it is what it is.

i dont deny the existence or logic of science. i very much enjoy sciences of all kinds and hearing about new discoveries of understanding of the body or whatever you can imagine. the point i was trying to get at is that mankind uses science, not all the time, but in some cases as an excuse to blot out what god teaches. hence my example of abortion. God views it as wrong, completely, but mankind likes making that old "its not in that stage of development" excuse. they also like to use science as an excuse that people are born gay, but that is simply not true.

if its based on christian terms, thats one thing. but however i will freely admit that if there is some particular thing, whatever it may be, that has been so called "scientifically proven" or heavily theorized and tested, I will not believe in it if it contradicts my beliefs. i dont do that with everything, but there are some cases where i draw a line.

if mankind states they found scientific proof of people being born gay, i could give a care less. i will simply ignore it because as scriptures states and i totally agree, "for the ways of man is not the ways of god. for the understanding of man is not the understanding of god." mankind can make up as many excuses as they want to try to righteously justify their sins, but i refuse to be a part of their delusions.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff