A Hippo.
  A Rose.
  A Mushy Melon.
View Results

Ricette

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:24 pm
Dark Angel Rai
Austin Shipp
nobody cares what u say on the subject anymore, you are just makeing ur self sound like a spoiled brat
and how am I sounding like a spoiled brat?
I'd let the matter drop Rai, since he is too much of a child to hold composure for long.

Austin, you need to chill out. yes relationship troubles are awful and to take them out on all is wrong as you said and honor can be found in private apologies because its a higher chance of sincerity. And withdrawing the apology from Rai, that shows you are unfamiliar with the full concept of honor and sincerity and in being a Christian. You have issue sin real life, fine, but please lashing out int his severe a manner is hardly the thing to do. Chill ok? Also, to say no one cares on what someone is saying on a topic and then saying to continue makes them sound spoiled, look at your posts Austin, you sound like the spoiled one. Things don't follow your way you act out. You have issues with your girlfriend talk to someone in private you can trust and work em out. I mean I am sure i got hissy and such when I've been in issues, but I don't remember even going as far as you have in this guild. And I'm known to be inflammatory.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:27 pm
AIiekat
o.o um well to get back to the topic, I think it doesn't matter what the book is about, just because you have to read it in school doesn't mean you have to agree with it. I think it's a good idea to do the assignment so you can pass your class. Like for example, in science class you get taught the theory of evolution, you should still complete the assignment but it doesn't mean you have to agree with the theory.

It doesn't mean you are going against your faith, you're just completing your course. However, if the school tried to force you to agree, then you can raise an issue and choose not to, you have the right to your own opinion. However, when it comes to a school assignment, just complete the work necessary and move on. Part of the whole learning thing is to take in information from all angles, you don't have to agree but it adds perspective to know more about something you didn't know about before. You don't have to agree with it or believe in it, but it doesn't hurt to have a clue about it.
I agree with you. It may suck to read it if it offends or if it is crappy literature but its best to get it out of the way and take tests or what needs to be done to move past it. Read it, pass that part of the class, never look at it again. Its not always fun but its done and out of the way and you never have to deal with it again.  

Ricette

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:53 pm
ricette you have NO right to say whats christian and whats not christian when you are not even a christian yourself, and i apologized to you people and YOUR the ones acting unrightious for not forgiving and understanding my situation and actions  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:46 pm
Austin Shipp
ricette you have NO right to say whats christian and whats not christian when you are not even a christian yourself, and i apologized to you people and YOUR the ones acting unrightious for not forgiving and understanding my situation and actions
You are right in me not being a Christian. At one point I was though. Before you bring in that "you are not Christian so do not say I am not a real one" please remember to then never condemn a non-believer to Hell because they don't believe. So spare the argument. I was Christian long enough to recognize a person who really was one, and those who lip service the whole deal. No one likes a holier-than-thou diet Christian.  

Ricette

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:50 pm
your still trying to talk christian virtues when your a Satanist  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:00 pm
Austin Shipp
Satanist? Oh thats cute. Druid. Thats what I am and no its not the same thing. And don't you try to preach anything Christian until you learn more tolerance.  

Ricette

Austin Shipp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:28 pm
im not the one preaching, im saying shut your mouth about christianity when you are not a christian, and you wanna talk about tolerance, when i apologize, you totally bad mouth me, now thats very UN-tolerant. and plus you werent even the the conversation, you just budded in to start trouble. and i know non-christians are welcome in the guild, but not when they try to start trouble. i took resposibility for my actions repented to the people in the topic and repented to my lord and savior Jesus Christ about my actions and thats all I have to say about the matter, and im done with this topic, and may god have mercy on your non-beleving soul

Shipp-Out!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:32 pm
I'm sorry, Austin, but that kind of attitude only turns others off and makes people angry towards Christians and their faith.

I'm not trying to hound you or anything, I just wanted to let you know ^^
I've made this mistake before and the results were not good :s

At OP: I think you should do what you feel is right in your heart. I have read books and watched films that I do not personally agree with, but everyone's different. If you feel that uncomfortable with certain material in your class, let your teachers know :]

~ Peace.  

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Kazydi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:06 pm
Ricette
Austin Shipp
Satanist? Oh thats cute. Druid. Thats what I am and no its not the same thing. And don't you try to preach anything Christian until you learn more tolerance.

Don't try to preach anything Christian?? You're in a Christian guild!!! eek

*Sigh* neutral This happens all the time. Someone starts thread, thread goes fine, Ricette comes in to save the day!! For someone who is non-christian, you sure do love to spend a lot of your time coming to this christian forum. At least from what being a member of this guild has shown me. It'd be one thing for you to discuss and ask questions to learn about us more, but it seems that all you do is go from thread to thread arguing, instigating, belittling, and offending. Now, if we were to come to you or your "area" and start preaching down your throat about whatever sort of "nonsense" we wanted you to believe, I'm sure that you wouldn't appreciate that, and in that case you'd have every right to attack.

However, you have come to our "area," our guild, and you attack us, and put us down, and mock us, and fight us every which way. I find that to be uncalled for, and frankly, it annoys me to a great extent. I, myself, can name many instances of which I have been personally attacked by you when no sort of confrontational input was made on my behalf.

Yes, everyone is welcome here, but the kind of behavior you've been exhibiting here in the forums has been less than satisfactory, from my own opinion of course, but who am I to tell you anything you don't want to hear, right? It brings me to ask this question: What is your purpose here?

Quote:
"I get into a lot of fights with religious weirdos who get offended by me. My religious beliefs are my own. I am not Christian. Far from it. Its too much hoopla too worship some invisible anthropomorphic entity. Too cliche in the religion department."

Is that it? Those are your words after all. sad

It might be taken out of context, but if you want nothing more than to debate, and battle, and one-up someone, I do believe you're in the wrong guild. ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:22 pm
Kazydi. Thankyou very much. I'm new to the guild and have been very much disheartened to find people who act like Ricette here.

Its good to see I'm not the only one who notices one or two of these constant, appearantly God-hating, trouble makers. It almost drove me away from the guild.  

Scazarith

i2nd Death

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:22 am
A reply to Azarahael Morganti..

This year we've had to read certain books (not going to name them at the moment) that really
started ticking me off..
The things written in those books, I was so angry because it was all so wrong..
Those books were written somewhere in 1800 or so, but still..

Whenever we had (have) to read a book that I feel I don't like, I just won't read it.
I close it, and I google the book, just to know what it talks about in case the teacher should ask.

If I don't feel like reading something, why should I?

Though, with one book... Im trying to remember.. it was "Thérèse Raquin" by Émile Zola..
I started reading it, and I since it was the first book this year I wanted to.. read it (since in
summer, the only books I read were the Bible and the books I got from the 'manna reserve'..).
I started reading and upon getting somewhere to the middle, I felt disgusted.. literally..
I was sort of forcing myself to read it, but after finding out how most (since they're lazy xDD)
don't feel like reading the books we're assigned, they all print out a quick review of the book.
So I'm doing it as well.
(Besides, I don't like such books that much.. I'm easily manipulated by those ><)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:13 am
My teacher in my Senior Year of high school forced us to read "Thus Spake Zarathustra" by Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche.

In it he discusses how man has murdered God with his dogma.
I was horribly offended, God wants that dogma, why else would he allow the Catholic Church to continue it in his name?  

Xahmen

Indoloro

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:51 pm
What an outrageous question. Why wouldn't someone be able to read something because of what the characters are doing? The whole point of these stories is teach a lesson through the use of characters. It's not like you're doing something bad by reading what somebody else thought up to have someone do that doesn't exist.

I think that last sentence will be a little hard for people to read...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:58 pm
i2nd Death
A reply to Azarahael Morganti..

This year we've had to read certain books (not going to name them at the moment) that really
started ticking me off..
The things written in those books, I was so angry because it was all so wrong..
Those books were written somewhere in 1800 or so, but still..

Whenever we had (have) to read a book that I feel I don't like, I just won't read it.
I close it, and I google the book, just to know what it talks about in case the teacher should ask.

If I don't feel like reading something, why should I?

Though, with one book... Im trying to remember.. it was "Thérèse Raquin" by Émile Zola..
I started reading it, and I since it was the first book this year I wanted to.. read it (since in
summer, the only books I read were the Bible and the books I got from the 'manna reserve'..).
I started reading and upon getting somewhere to the middle, I felt disgusted.. literally..
I was sort of forcing myself to read it, but after finding out how most (since they're lazy xDD)
don't feel like reading the books we're assigned, they all print out a quick review of the book.
So I'm doing it as well.
(Besides, I don't like such books that much.. I'm easily manipulated by those ><)

Yeah. I was reading this play by some loser. I think his name had something to do with shaking spears. Anyway, they were in Venice and kept calling this black person a Moor. So I yelled at the teacher that he was ignorant and should have said African American and stomped out of the room.

There was also a character who was really evil and made people kill each other. I got really peeved at it because the things he did weren't nice and I'm easily manipulated by those kinds of books and found myself accidentally making people kill each other under false pretenses. I don't read Shakespeare anymore.  

Indoloro

Kazydi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:25 am
Indoloro
What an outrageous question. Why wouldn't someone be able to read something because of what the characters are doing? The whole point of these stories is teach a lesson through the use of characters. It's not like you're doing something bad by reading what somebody else thought up to have someone do that doesn't exist.

I think that last sentence will be a little hard for people to read...

I agree.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces