Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Are you afraid of death? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you afraid to die?
  Yes.
  No.
  Tough guy option.
  I don't feel like answering.
View Results

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:37 am
I used to fear death tremendously, but evenually I found that it was useless to fear something that happens to everything. No one can avoid death, and I realized that my fear of disappearing from the face of the earth was as ridiculous as a belief of a god.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:39 am
I'm not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.  

adolfchrist

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:04 am
User Image
Don't worry! I'm close to discovered immortality. *Gets closer.*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:56 am
There are ways of dying that frighten me. The first is to die slowly in horrible agony. The second is to die in my sleep. There's just something about not seeing it coming that seriously disturbs me.

I'm not really bothered by anything that comes after since I love the idea of worms, bacteria, fungus, etc. making a meal of me.

However, every now and again I'll have a really irrational attack of reincarnation fears (regardless of how, in what period or why) - I'm pretty sure there's no part of me harboring a desire to come back and do all this crap over again. No thanks. I think its a holdover from my wiccan days.  

ReDValKyRiE13

Herobane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:05 pm
I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid of being dead.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:07 am
I don't want to die, but I'm just glad I lived. That simple.  

0UjgJBt3ONkG

Krolas

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:07 pm
No, I'm not afraid to die.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:19 pm
I'm not really afraid of it, but I dont want it to happen. I assume that when you die it will be like before you were alive, nothing. I won't care, but I prefer being alive.  

PoIar

Free the immortal

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:45 pm
I don't fear death nor do I fear how its gonna happen, I've looked at it like when I die I die its gonna happen eventually so why should it matter  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:47 pm
I don't give a damn. Well, maybe a little. All I'm concerned about is what is gonna happen after we die. I'm hoping it's nothing, but to tell you the truth, there is no way to tell.  

Doredia

Beloved Gekko

Dread Chimera

Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:07 pm
Daffodil the Destroyer
User Image

Why would anyone be afraid of not existing? If you don't exist at all, then you can't very well mind that you don't exist, now can you?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Exactly.

I'm actually comforted every day by the thought of nonexistence. If I knew that I'd never be able to put an end to the ridiculousness of this life that I live, I'd have offed myself a long time ago. I don't want to die, mind you, but it's the thought of living forever that scares me.

I am admittedly scared of dying a bullshit death. Old age? Choking? ******** that. I'm going out big, because it'll be the last thing I ever do. I don't care if it hurts, I don't even care if anyone knows about it. I jsut want it to be interesting.

Lastly, Daffodil the Destroyer, you have the coolest UN on Gaia.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:40 pm
I don,t feel death, I fear the pain and suffering that'll come before it. rolleyes  

almisami

Fashionable Fatcat

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Nardone

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:11 am
I don't fear death..
i certainly don't want to die though.. especially a crappy death like falling down stairs or something.. haha if it were up to me id want to die in a fiery blaze of glory!! but wouldnt we all? but if its inevitable then let it be..
and i do think that most religions get followers because of the afterlife they preach.. but no one should fear death.. we all go through it.. and if it must be painful.. then it will be over be for you know it  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:15 pm
Please don't make fun of me for being "emo" or whatever, but I don't fear death. I'm just afraid of being forgotten >_>  

Ayumila

The Random Rapist

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:28 pm
Yes.
I imagine death as being unconsciousness,
simply ceasing to exist.
A little bit like sleep, you lay there, then BLACK NOTHING (unless you dream),
and then you wake up.
Except in death, when you're an atheist, there is no waking up.

And the dreaming part reminds me of another death theory I once heard.
Based on the fact that dreams on average last about 3 seconds,
but seem to last the whole night.
And when we die its proven that our brain shows seven minutes of activity.
So what if in those seven minutes, we could dream up a whole life or afterlife?

I like this idea of death.
But it might as well be as bad as a religion.
neutral

The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces