Reply ~Archives Part Duex~
What can be done to get this place rollin again - ooc Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Senstren

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:59 am
I apologize that I have not been active in a very, very long time. It's my freshman year at college, so things have been a bit hectic, and all the effort I could put into Gaia was involved in getting another guild back on it's feet. I only just realized today how much RDS had changed since I stopped checking in. Whatever the final decision is I will do whatever you need me to do to help bring this place back.

One thing that I find helps keep people active is to create factions. They don't have to be warring factions, they just have to be factions that bridge the overall happenings of the guild with the individual members. For example: have an academy of magic where the higher up teachers or whatever are involved in the overall story-line, yet have it open for anyone to just stop by for a bit of tutoring. Those individuals can hear about and be somewhat involved in the overall storyline without being overwhelmed by the full weight of it. Also, one of the primary issues here is that a lot of RPers tend to RP in threads where nobody else is active, or they get RPing with one other person and only that one person. Reaching out to those individuals and bringing them into the community of RDS would help keep them active by not basing their activity on only one or two other members.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:34 pm
So, we are starting up again?

You guys are focussing to much on the problems. Yeah, you've identified the problems.

People find it hard to intwine into the story, school, inactiveness, large plots, and lower leveled writting.

These things are problems everywhere on Gaia. We just need to be more open to people who come to RP here. I know, I might be one to talk, but I've had some pesonal problems with my family and school. So I tend to come in and out.

We could have a special event? How about that. Sort of like a scavenger hunt? We set it up with parts of the story within the RDS. You need to figure out what forum to go to, by reading the prior hints. (This is all IC) You move from forum to forum, peoples rooms, places outside like the springs. You can challenge people to gain the next clue. Or help out in that small story line. Its a way to get a peice of everyone to know someone else. New people can introduce themselves, while the oldies can still mingle and create havoc.

I can do artwork for it. We can have medals for every time someone can complete a task. Depending on what it is. We can have a real item as a prize for someone who can collect all the medals? Give away a current EI item that is valuable. I wouldnt mind giving something I have away. I think this would be fun.

Set it up in parts. Each member is apart of the hunt. Depending on the individual, they can cause someone to either duel them, accompy them on a raid, start a fight with others, adventure to new places in RDS, or just simple tasks. If the individual thinks its right, they can be awarded the medal and the next hint where to go. I can make the medals so they fit in peoples signatures. It creates any possibility, and anyone can join at any time. Its not like the tournament though. We aren't deuling to see who is the best. That was a good idea, but we can easily advertse this in the forums. Telling people to join now, for the scavenger hunt event. If after its over, people will stay if they like the guild. If not.. they will just leave.

I don't know if I made any sense. But I hope I did.  

Curelara

Curelara

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:43 pm
I also think we have to many subcatagories, we need to consoladate some things.... Just going to throw that one out there. It makes it confusing.... really.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:50 pm
I know this comes in late, but, when this guild was created, my sister (Angel) and I were on the outs. I didn't come into gaia until much later! I was able to weave myself into the story by researching myself. Others can do the same. As for saving the guild, advertisement, recruiting, events, etc etc is the way to go.  

SunshineDaisyGirl
Crew

Blessed Guildswoman

7,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

Lord Of The Forest

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:56 pm
Some direction.

I don't have a good idea where to post or what to do once my character gets there, like I'm wandering aimlessly in a desert full of sinkholes. So for some new players it might be good to either create a new place to start off or find some way to summarize because I don't have enough time to read through the massive amount of pages to get the whole idea of how the RP's run.

sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 pm
That is pretty much what the bar is for. It is where everyone congregates. It should probably have in the title newbies to start there, but if you really wana get off the ground, go there!

I'm glad you stopped by! 3nodding  

Curelara

Lord Yawgmoth

Shadowy Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:43 pm
Curelara
We could have a special event? How about that. Sort of like a scavenger hunt? We set it up with parts of the story within the RDS. You need to figure out what forum to go to, by reading the prior hints. (This is all IC) You move from forum to forum, peoples rooms, places outside like the springs. You can challenge people to gain the next clue. Or help out in that small story line. Its a way to get a peice of everyone to know someone else. New people can introduce themselves, while the oldies can still mingle and create havoc.

After reading this I got to thinking. If enough people supported the idea or something like this it wouldn't be a terrible stretch of the imagination for Yawgmoth to pull some sick and twisted game like that on everyone just for his amusement. It wouldn't break his character at all. Anyone else running it would feel kind of weird I'd imagine since no one likes to play head games and ******** with people as much as Yawgmoth does. Except maybe Ali. Ali could do it too, definitely.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:40 pm
Lord Yawgmoth
Curelara

After reading this I got to thinking. If enough people supported the idea or something like this it wouldn't be a terrible stretch of the imagination for Yawgmoth to pull some sick and twisted game like that on everyone just for his amusement. It wouldn't break his character at all. Anyone else running it would feel kind of weird I'd imagine since no one likes to play head games and ******** with people as much as Yawgmoth does. Except maybe Ali. Ali could do it too, definitely.

Doesn't matter if "enough people" support it or not apparently, people are already leading events.

GG communication.  

A Name of Power

Bashful Bookworm

Lord Kamahl

7,175 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:04 am
I'm just wondering so don't shoot me please.

I hear all this talk about how this place is going to change, But nothing is happening. Yes we did a roll call but even that is not going anywhere. I come on everyday and look to see if anyone is there but what I see is posted from two to three days ago.

Now I hear I got to make a new Bio which I would love to remake mine. But even that is not doing anything. Even the V day event that was held here went no where. I was not here because I took my girl to the beach and got a room for the weekend for me and her. (That is why I wasn't here sorry)

So let start talking less and doing more. Let move some room to the archives and let make new rooms. Or even better let do this time skip and make a new sub form and put all the old room in there and call it the ruin city. Then we can start building new spot around the RDS. With the old room in a new area ready to be RP if someone want to or they can RP in the new RDS we can make it a small city now with shop, cafe, XXX (for Ali and Yawgmoth), and clothing stores. Even a School if we get more people.

These are just my ideas on what I see in this guild not something we all need to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:43 pm
A Name of Power
Lord Yawgmoth
Curelara

Doesn't matter if "enough people" support it or not apparently, people are already leading events.

GG communication.

Hahaha GG indeed....

I've noticed a few people have started doing their own thing....

well... we'll see  

kiwiKassa

4,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Star VanHelsing
Vice Captain

7,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:46 am
I admit I haven't been around. Car troubles, so I had to get rid of net. I plan on getting it back when the car is fixed. I couldn't afford both, but I think one thing that may help especially me is knowing that when I come on in the day time, that someone will be around to rp. Lots of times, I come in and no one is here, so I simply leave knowing that I simply have no one to rp with.  
~Archives Part Duex~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff