Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Outdoor RP Areas
[ORP] The Beach Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 246 247 248 249 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pyroth Ignatius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:11 am

Pyroth realised only moments later of his distraction from the conversation, and returned to his place in the group, noting as he did so, that Moreau seemed to be putting suntan lotion on his assistant, albeit not very efficiently. He had to supress a smirk at the scene and at Aubrey's evident contentment. Affection was a weakness and it was both to his dissapointment and additional respect that he noted Moreau's somewhat detached behaviour.

Ambrose was stil being hounded for his opinions and feelings on the island it seemed, and Pyroth felt a twinge of guilt. His daydreaming had left the man open to Moreau's polite but meticulous questioning.

And for the time being, he remained content to listen. He was better at that than anything else though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:11 am
Aubrey bit her lip to keep from swooning. "I'm glad you think so, Doctor. I've been doing my best!" Yeah, she had 'smitten" written alllll over her face.  

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:14 am
"The meat...?" Ambrose thought back to the lasagna and the meat loaf. "Yes, it's been fine... Has there been a problem with importing it here? ... Or has it been something other than beef?" Ambrose thought to the fact that they were on an island and that the ground "beef" might in fact be something more... native.

And did these questions ever seem pointed. Another flush rose to Ambrose's face as he remembered his... "expierence" the other night. How embarrassing.... but, if he brought it up - perhaps the doctor could confirm it was merely an effect of the tests. "I... well.... I don't recall my dreams very well.... but... the other night I had an incident of... sleepwalking" The last word was said in a hushed tone, as if he had done something wrong. "Is that normal, Doctor?" He asked, searching his face for familiarity.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:26 am
Moreau moved down to rub the lotion on Aubrey's legs still firmly and mostly speaking to Ambrose. "Not that I'm aware of, I suppose it's possible, you'll probably find yourself with more energy. You should put it to good use."

Moreau nodded to Pyroth "Welcome back Pyroth, I was just speaking to Mr. Maurlias about a few things" he smiled.  

Doctor Moreau
Captain

Pyroth Ignatius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:30 am
"Ah." Pyroth stated bluntly, wanting to ask the doctor if Ambrose had received the same vaccination as him or something worse, but knowing that it would be both rude and a waste of time. He doubted the doctor would tell him anything more than he needed to know, what with his lurking hostility and all.

In fact, Pyroth wanted to ask many many things, but his stern self-control, for the moment was having none of it. Patience, it reminded him, was the watchword.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:30 am
Ambrose averted his gaze from Moreau's hands on Aubrey's legs right in front of him. He had never been one for PDA, and the head Doctor and his "assistant"...

"Wait, so you mean that's not a standard side effect?!" Ambrose disparaged. And of course, he realized as he turned around to see Pyroth had returned, he had been overheard on top of that. Ambrose clammed up, hoping that his face wasn't burning too brightly of a red.  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:37 am
Aubrey tried to discretely put her hand over her face to hide the blush now burning brightly on her face by pertending to sheild the sun from her face. Moreau was not a very... touchy-feeling kind of guy, and she never expected him to rub her legs. Now that she was ... complaining, per se.. but she would have preferred they be alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:41 am
Moreau finished applying the suntan lotion, or atleast he assumed he had as he stood back up. He noticed Pyroth's reapproach.

"Well, we will of course talk of this later. For now though, your young you should enjoy this wonderful beach. I believe my lab work will be calling me back soon." Moreau knew Aubrey would be sad at this.

"But I'll stay... a bit longer." he said.  

Doctor Moreau
Captain

Pyroth Ignatius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:44 am
Pyroth made no sign that he had overheard Ambrose, respecting the other's privacy and not wanting to be accused of eavesdropping. Still, he made a vague note that apparently the other man was having similarly vivid dreams to himself.

As far as the Doctor and Aubrey, Pyroth could care less. His tribe hadn't really bothered much for modesty, spending much of their lives in close proximity to one another, and as a result, little phased him.

"So Doctor, heard any word back from the mainland on my fate?" Pyroth finally asked, not really expecting an informative reply but making an attempt nevertheless.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:50 am
Aubrey took the lotion back from Moreau, feeling a bit dizy-high. "Thank you, Doctor," she said, her face still pink. Perhaps now was a good time for a swim. "I'm going to go test the waters," she said, and trotted off towards the waves.  

Aubrey Lockheart
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:53 am
Ambrose looked back to Pyroth, his embarrassment momentarily forgotten as he heard the man's question. Had he assumed incorrectly? Fate? Why was he here?

Despite Moreau's encouragement to go enjoy himself, Ambrose wasn't exactly sure what that entailed. He had dressed to swim, but once again, he felt awkward and on the spot with the Doctor standing on the beach in a sweater, even if his assistant was out enjoying the waters. Perhaps he'd test the water later.

He took a few paces around the sand, feeling the sand between his toes that the sandals allowed and smiled a bit, telling himself he wasn't eavesdropping on Pyroth and the Doctor.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:55 am
"Yes, but I'd perfer to discuss it in private. It is not good news unfortunetly." Moreau smiled turning away from the subject to watch Aubrey, or atleast to feign doing so.

After a moment he scooped up his pad and began writing notes, sitting in the sand.

"Ambrose, perhaps you should join Aubrey in the water, not to force you young man." as Moreau continued to write furiously.  

Doctor Moreau
Captain

Pyroth Ignatius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:02 am
Pyroth hadn't expected the news to be good, and wasn't too dissapointed when the Doctor informed him of such. "Fair enough." he stated with a shrug, getting the message that tha particular line of discussion was a no-go at the moment.

He too watched Aubrey make her way down to the water, and mentally shuddered, no way in hell would anyone get him near those chilly depths again, not after that horrific night spent in the storm while all about him the ocean raged, sky became sea and he thought he was going to die. No way. Besides, he wasn't a strong swimmer to begin with, the land was his friend.

Walking a little way away from the doctor, enough so as to be within earshot but well outside the man's personal space, Pyroth sat himself down on the soft sands and watched what went on round about him, all the while pondering what the bad news could be, an uncomfortable sinking feeling in his stomach.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:10 am
Ambrose shrugged indifferently. "Perhaps some other time." He said, his eyes fixated on the waters. They did look nice... especially considering how hot and humid it was. His resolve wavered.

He shuffled his foot in the sand, thoroughly covering his foot in sand, wedging it between his foot and his flip flop as he watched Aubrey cavort in the low waves. The boy inside Ambrose, who had been repressed in Ambrose since he was quite young, stomped his foot in protest. Who of these people would he ever see again after these two weeks anyway.... Besides, the water was certainly better than the Doctor's questions.

"Well..." Ambrose finally begrudged. "Maybe I'll go see how the water temperature is..." As he headed towards the shore with a secretive smile.  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Doctor Moreau
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:12 am
Moreau smiled as Ambrose headed out to sea a bit. He looked back down at his papers and suddenly seemed to think about something very important. Moreau promptly stood up and without a word headed back to his lab facilities, leaving Aubrey, Pyroth, and Ambrose to their beach fun. He walked away like a man on a mission, his sunglasses on top of his head as he read over whatever notes he had made.  
Outdoor RP Areas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 246 247 248 249 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff