View Results

diet otaku

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:52 pm
all i can make out in the chorus is "stay right here," so i vote we call it that for now. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:18 pm
diet otaku
all i can make out in the chorus is "stay right here," so i vote we call it that for now. XD

I think it's "Stay...right here....Would you stay, right here, if I told you, that someone out there loves you?"
Or something like that.

Upon further listening, I've decided that it's not as bad as I thought it was (Yes, I'm the ONLY one in this guild who voted "no". I'm a horrid, horrid fan, I know) and that I really really enjoy the beginning and the verse is nice, but the chorus still falls flat for me. It's just really frustrating because what I love about My Chem is the growth and versatility they've shown on their albums, but this song just sounds like a bridge between Revenge and TBP. I want PAST TBP. I want them to throw something CRAZY and daring at us, not what we're used to or would expect to hear.
But I mean, who knows? They could be still fixing it up, and maybe it won't even make a cut on an album. Maybe it doesn't sound as good live on someone's crappy camera.
I'll just have to wait and see.
[/end my annoying rant that's really just a re-hash of what I wrote on the first page of this thread]

Nickee Coco

Mehina
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:26 am
Nickee Coco
diet otaku

I think it's "Stay...right here....Would you stay, right here, if I told you, that someone out there loves you?"
Or something like that.

Upon further listening, I've decided that it's not as bad as I thought it was (Yes, I'm the ONLY one in this guild who voted "no". I'm a horrid, horrid fan, I know) and that I really really enjoy the beginning and the verse is nice, but the chorus still falls flat for me. It's just really frustrating because what I love about My Chem is the growth and versatility they've shown on their albums, but this song just sounds like a bridge between Revenge and TBP. I want PAST TBP. I want them to throw something CRAZY and daring at us, not what we're used to or would expect to hear.
But I mean, who knows? They could be still fixing it up, and maybe it won't even make a cut on an album. Maybe it doesn't sound as good live on someone's crappy camera.
[/end my annoying rant that's really just a re-hash of what I wrote on the first page of this thread]

Don't worry, hun, you're not obligated to love everything you hear from the boys.
xp
I mean, I dislike Romance and Interlude. There's just... nothing there.
neutral
On another note, yes, I would also LOVE to see the progression continue
and MCR make another big leap from one album to this next one.
And, think about it, in the LOTMS you can see Gerard and Ray working on what seems to be IDLY.
Now, from the time of the DVD to the release of TBP, IDLY changed SIGNIFICANTLY, no?
(Wow, that's a lot of acronyms. D: )
So, don't condemn the song just yet.
They're probably just testing the waters. >3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:50 pm
Nickee Coco
diet otaku

Or something like that.

i didn't vote at all because i haven't been able to make up my mind. i don't ADORE it, but i don't HATE it either. it's just kind of there. but i agree that whatever ends up on an album will certainly sound much better than what we can make out from someone's camera phone. 9__9

(for the record, i love romance - for the pretty guitar - and interlude - for gerard's audible breaths between each line <3 - but i'm not fond of many of the songs on "bullets" and a couple on "revenge," and i only ever listen to "disenchanted" if i'm listening to the CD instead of my mp3 player.)  

diet otaku

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100

Mehina
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:52 am
diet otaku
Nickee Coco
diet otaku

Or something like that.

i didn't vote at all because i haven't been able to make up my mind. i don't ADORE it, but i don't HATE it either. it's just kind of there. but i agree that whatever ends up on an album will certainly sound much better than what we can make out from someone's camera phone. 9__9

(for the record, i love romance - for the pretty guitar - and interlude - for gerard's audible breaths between each line <3 - but i'm not fond of many of the songs on "bullets" and a couple on "revenge," and i only ever listen to "disenchanted" if i'm listening to the CD instead of my mp3 player.)

Maybe someone will be smart enough to pack a better camera soon?
@___@

I don't like the audible breaths,
I feel it takes away from the music.
sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:58 pm
i think that's why i like it. instead of just being a normal song, whenever i hear a breath i can actually picture him in the studio, his mouth up against the mike... <3<3<3  

diet otaku

Mega Genius

14,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Mark Twain 100

Mehina
Captain

5,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:28 am
diet otaku
i think that's why i like it. instead of just being a normal song, whenever i hear a breath i can actually picture him in the studio, his mouth up against the mike... <3<3<3

-suddenly thinks of Stephen Lynch-
Lynch:
"-impersonates reporter- Lynch promotes drug use! Blows microphone! -puts microphone in his mouth-"
rofl

Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces