Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
I don't listen to evolution in science class. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Y i J u

Beloved Smoker

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:44 pm
Sometimes I wonder if some of you can actually be that insulting to other people and say you are Christians.

Aren't Christians supposed to let the love of God shine through them?

I mean, I'm not bashing anybody but in almost every thread I go in on here someone is always insulting someone else.
Really, that's not very..mature..at all...Even if you say it smart.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:26 pm
Y i J u
Sometimes I wonder if some of you can actually be that insulting to other people and say you are Christians.

I mean, I'm not bashing anybody but in almost every thread I go in on here someone is always insulting someone else.

i agree. it seems to me you guys are more interested and focused on calling each other names then actually loving one another...even if something is said wrong it must be shown that it is wrong through love and if they don't believe/agree in the end then leave them be. let them stay in the ignorance/arrogance until God sees fit to give them a swift kick in the but.

like for instance my main problem with a lot of what was said (aside from the name calling) is the profanity used on here. i personal think it makes a person look like an unintelligent person and it isn't glorifying to God in the least bit...besides Paul wrote about it, that who we as Christians should not be using profanity/foul language int he first place (Col 3:8 ), so even that can make me personally question a person true salvation/conversion/recreation. but believe me there are things about myself that even make me question my own as well so...yeah.

oh and one more thing...Science does work along side God...at least as a whole...i do think there are some things that go against God...mostly when they take God out of the picture all together. but let's take the basic functions of the world shall we..gravity, atoms, forces, electricity, toothbrushes....baths. these all came along b/c of our understanding through observation and study of what we observed, science. we discovered hygiene which in turn lead us to brush our teeth and take baths, we learned about and observed the affects of gravity and other forces that are natural in our everyday world...these are all sciences. i personally love theoretical Physics...mostly the ideas behind it more then the math, since i'm not super great at math (although it's one of my favorite subjects). i believe there might be possibilities of multiple dimensions and things like string theory. a lot of it makes since and could possibly be very real...no the Bible doesn't talk about them...but that doesn't mean they can't be real...if that's how things worked then we wouldn't be talking on this forum right now b/c computers wouldn't exist  

trinity343

IcarusDream

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:40 pm
It's people like this that make me want to commit suicide. Y'know, I respect faith, but doubt is what gives you an education.

(Thank you Wilson Mizner...)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:35 am
Leave it alone. She's trying to get a rise out of people. Don't feed the troll, as they say.  

Tarrou

Night WingsFtty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:59 am
IcarusDream
It's people like this that make me want to commit suicide.

Yeah... God forbid a real Christian comes onto the forum.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:50 am
Night WingsFtty
IcarusDream

Yes, ignore the arguments against you but continue spouting your prejudice.

support your point or shut the ******** up.  

divineseraph

Bane Ad Vitam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:06 am
Y i J u

That was why I replied politely, but sarcastically. To make my point strong, but without insulting them.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:20 am
Captain Patches
Y i J u

That was why I replied politely, but sarcastically. To make my point strong, but without insulting them.

but even in cases such as this sarcasm is also impolite b/c it shows disrespect. so it didn't really make a difference  

trinity343

Bane Ad Vitam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:10 am
trinity343
Captain Patches
Y i J u

but even in cases such as this sarcasm is also impolite b/c it shows disrespect. so it didn't really make a difference

I wasn't like,"You're definitely right. I could never think of that because I'm definitely not as smart or even smarter than you! *wink wink*"

It was light sarcasm. I meant to show no disrespect, but I meant to make my point stronger.

Edit: Sorry if I sound like a jerk. I'm not that kind of person.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:08 am
divineseraph
Night WingsFtty
IcarusDream

Yes, ignore the arguments against you but continue spouting your prejudice.

Support your point or shut the ******** up.

Agreed.  

IcarusDream

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:33 pm
Night WingsFtty
IcarusDream

excuse me. I am a Christian, please, thank you. I am trying not to get mad about this,a nd to show you guys love, but you make it hard. But, I guess if you won't listen you won't. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. And insults and anger never did anything but create more problems. I'm outta here.

actually, you know, she's right. Real Christians wouldn't act like this. You guys need to step back and take a look at yourselves, and see what face you're presenting to the world. Because from what I've seen, it's not the face of God.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:30 pm
i think at this point i'm probably going to back out as well...this has become just a arguing match to try and prove the other wrong and everything that can be said from boths sides has been said.

Patches: i understand sometime light sarcasm can be used in a positive or in a neutral was and even i use it sometimes in that way...but i've also come to realize that even when we dont' mean it to be it scan still be to the person we're talking to...or to someone else who comes along and reads it...so sometimes i just find it best to not use it at all. it's one of those situations in which we have to be careful as to how we say something to not make the situation worse then it already is.

nothing against you about using it or anything....just something to watch out for.  

trinity343

missymisa

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:40 am
huh...I thought that was illegal to teach.....  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:23 pm
etchedspirit
huh...I thought that was illegal to teach.....

Well, I could depend on where you live, I guess. I've never heard of it.  

Bane Ad Vitam

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces