Have you Accepted god?!
  Yes.
  Don't know.
  No.
View Results

rillegas08

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:01 am
divineseraph
By acknowledging that He is in all things.

Is He really in all things, or can only His handiwork be seen in all things?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:57 am
sunshinehearttrob
you just accept Jesus as your personal savior, that he died on the cross for you so as to take away your sins and give you a chance at forgiveness.

i would ask your pastor and maybe have him sit down with you and talk and pray. it always feel weird doing it by myself with no one to refer to.

This seems rather exclusive, considering that God has done many, many more things than produce Jesus. Thinking that Jesus is the one and only thing about God is really just plain incorrect.  

divineseraph

divineseraph

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:59 am
rillegas08
divineseraph
By acknowledging that He is in all things.

Is He really in all things, or can only His handiwork be seen in all things?

He is in all things- The prima materia. The original matter came directly from God, and from it all things were formed.

As a jew, you should have heard this from kabbalistic teaching.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:55 am
divineseraph
sunshinehearttrob
you just accept Jesus as your personal savior, that he died on the cross for you so as to take away your sins and give you a chance at forgiveness.

i would ask your pastor and maybe have him sit down with you and talk and pray. it always feel weird doing it by myself with no one to refer to.

This seems rather exclusive, considering that God has done many, many more things than produce Jesus. Thinking that Jesus is the one and only thing about God is really just plain incorrect.
But it says in the Bible (dunno where) that Jesus is the one and only way. "In order to get to my father, you must come through me"  

Neferet -House of Night-

ShideKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:12 pm
divineseraph
sunshinehearttrob

...What do you mean 'one and only thing'?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:21 pm
Dark Angel Rai
divineseraph
sunshinehearttrob

But it says in the Bible (dunno where) that Jesus is the one and only way. "In order to get to my father, you must come through me"

The bible says a lot of things. Much of it is metaphoric. Does it make more sense to you that a visionary like Jesus would be more interested in having people worship him as God, or actually BE like him in every day life? Assuming, of course, that in this situation they are mutually exclusive.

Point being, Jesus was God's finger. Have you ever tried to point to something you wanted to show your dog, and the dumb animal just looks at your finger like "Hey master, a finger! That's great!". We're basically the dumb animals here, distracted by the image rather than the more important message behind it.  

divineseraph

divineseraph

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:27 pm
ShideKnight
divineseraph
sunshinehearttrob

It's made of what, more or less, God is made of. It is the perfect matter that all things came from- Most likely a form of plasma particles or another, to put in in scientific terms. Prima Materia in alchemical terms.

Isaac Newton said that all things are corruptable. Of course, it follows that all things are corruptable to certain degrees- Things like iron rust very easily, but gold and silver are hard to tarnish and difficult to dissolve. The thing at the top, which is not corrupted is the prima materia, and all other things are variations of it. Thinking chemically, it is like the protons and electrons of matter- It's all the same stuff, but arranged differently to make up everything we know.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:27 pm
divineseraph
ShideKnight
divineseraph
sunshinehearttrob

It's made of what, more or less, God is made of. It is the perfect matter that all things came from- Most likely a form of plasma particles or another, to put in in scientific terms. Prima Materia in alchemical terms.

Isaac Newton said that all things are corruptable. Of course, it follows that all things are corruptable to certain degrees- Things like iron rust very easily, but gold and silver are hard to tarnish and difficult to dissolve. The thing at the top, which is not corrupted is the prima materia, and all other things are variations of it. Thinking chemically, it is like the protons and electrons of matter- It's all the same stuff, but arranged differently to make up everything we know.

Well I suppose it depends on if you believe Jesus had a human and divine nature I suppose, which I believe the great majority of churches teach now. I'm not even sure any at all teach the other way now.

...But really, it is kinda hard to believe that Jesus is all their is to God; it seemed more to me like He is a subset of God. Part of and wholly contained within, along with the Holy Spirit.

Now (since I read the post above that one too smile ), regarding Jesus being a pointer, He referred to Himself as the Son of Man, which as I recall was a name that was used in prophecy to refer to the messiah. He did end up being a bit more than the Jews were thinking they were going to get, I think.

But it makes sense to me.  

ShideKnight

divineseraph

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:51 pm
Messiah or not, I think the point is still in the message. It would be like if the Jews had taken the tablets of the ten commandments and preformed human sacrifices on them to worship the tablets themselves- That's not the point. It's not the tablet, it's what is written on it. It's not Jesus, it's the stuff he suggested to make us better people.

I think God has many, many faces and many, many prophets. Jesus is one. Mohammed is one. Buddah is one. God also has many names, and people like to divide or lump parts of him- Jesus as the one, God as the trinity, Brahma as the unification of the thousands, and the list goes on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:12 pm
The thing is, what I get from reading the gospels is that part of the message is that Jesus is in union with God, and is actually a part of Him, and therefor the worship, faith, and belief.

Of course at some point divisions are arbitrary, because as it says somewhere, God is the alpha and the omega. But I think the distinction between God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit was an idea given to us to help us understand and relate. Also, I think that there being a bridge between God and man, Jesus, there does not need to be another.

I guess that line of thinking depends on whether or not you believe that the Jews are Gods chosen people, though.  

ShideKnight

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:28 pm
ShideKnight
The thing is, what I get from reading the gospels is that part of the message is that Jesus is in union with God, and is actually a part of Him, and therefor the worship, faith, and belief.

Of course at some point divisions are arbitrary, because as it says somewhere, God is the alpha and the omega. But I think the distinction between God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit was an idea given to us to help us understand and relate. Also, I think that there being a bridge between God and man, Jesus, there does not need to be another.

I guess that line of thinking depends on whether or not you believe that the Jews are Gods chosen people, though.

There are no chosen people determined at birth. It is up to our actions.

All prophets are connected to God- that is why they are prophets. So too were the tablets. This does not mean that the physical pieces of slate are the meaning of life. The words they tell us are the focus. So too it is with Jesus.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:35 pm
divineseraph
ShideKnight

There are no chosen people determined at birth. It is up to our actions.

All prophets are connected to God- that is why they are prophets. So too were the tablets. This does not mean that the physical pieces of slate are the meaning of life. The words they tell us are the focus. So too it is with Jesus.

Well, that's what I am saying... that's what He said.

As for chosen people, that's kind of the way it is now, with the new covenant... actually, even before, I believe you could convert to Judaism, but if I understand right they don't actually go out of their way for converts.

I guess it depends on how you look at 'chosen people'... but I think using the term too loosely is bad.  

ShideKnight

Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces