Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Don't forget to read the rules!
  Polls are required in every thread. (:
View Results

MagicOctopus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:24 pm
I was so sad when Rose "died", and I didn't think anyone could replace her and pull it off. So when Season three started, I was really doubtful. But, by the end of the last episode, I'd warmed up to Martha. Although, I really loved Rose. I wish she'd come back... crying  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:12 am
Let's see...

I think I like Martha better. She seemed more open to the world around her and wasn't as irrational as Rose was in situations such as "Father's Day". On the other hand, Rose really completed the Doctor, and they would've made a good couple, but I feel that it would ruin the show, possibly? The unrequited love with Martha and the Doctor keeps the show interesting, keeps both of them from feeling utterly happy at all times, giving both characters a range of emotions in every situation they encounter.

[.umi chan.]

DemonicSuccubus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:34 pm
*sighs*

Now I have not ready any of the other posts. I have my oppinion. They NEVER should have gotten rid of Rose. Now I did not start watching Dr. who until the 10th doctor (HOOTTTTTTIEEE) and then I also moved to the 9th Doctor. So I dont know about any others. So technically Rose is my first companion. So I vote Rose all the way.

Now do not think that I started this post just to bash Martha. I have seen the Third Series and I will say that I like martha as a companion. In some ways she reminds me of Rose and I can see why David Tenant wants to keep her around. She had some great idea and I can relate to her in the way that someone she cares for and has fallen for looks right past her and sees someone else. So my vote is for Rose but I do have to say that Martha comes in a close Second.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:27 pm
Neither. Both.

Personally, I have no preference on it. They're different characters and I like both for their own qualities.

The fact of the matter is that changing Companions is a part of Doctor Who and has been since the get-go. It's just not worth it to me to compare them and pick a favorite.

Berz.  

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Solid Arm

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:13 pm
I prefer Rose, Martha just felt like too much of a rebound girl to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:27 am
Solid Arm
I prefer Rose, Martha just felt like too much of a rebound girl to me.

Um... that's because she kinda... was.

She's intelligent enough to realize it, though. Being a rebound girl is never a healthy relationship, no matter what form it takes.

Berz.  

Berzerker_prime

3,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200

clueing4looks

Magical Muse

10,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:28 pm
As many people perfer their first doctor, I perfer my first companion. I don't really know that there is basis for it, but I was sad to see Rose go and a bit afraid that i would not like the new companion. I do like Martha, but I am just a bit put off by how much she "loved" the Doctor, since it didn't take much for her to fall in love with him. I will admit that I was impressed by her strength in Family of Blood and The Last of the Time Lords. I have to say that through most of Family of Blood I wanted to punch the Doctor in the face. scream It took all I had in my to keep from screaming at the television set. stressed
But yeah, I do perfer Rose. She did have a certain determination, even if she did do exactly what the Doctor told her not to most of the time. Like at the end of series 1 when she pried open the TARDIS. He told her not to, she did anyway and wound up saving humanity.
I am just a bit concerned about Donna being the next companion though...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:48 am
*shudders* Yeah my boyfriend told me that they are bringing in Donna for the entire 4th season. And I can not imagine what that is going to be like. I honestly despize her. Now it may come that she turns out to be a better Companion that I think she will be but I dont like her. Plus Rose is COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!

*jumps for joy* But yeah Martha was good and Rose did have a great amount of determination. And Just had everything. *giggles* But from what I can say is I can see where everyone is coming from.  

DemonicSuccubus

Solid Arm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:50 am
Rose destroyed an entire Dalek invasion force using the power of the TARDIS. Nothing beats that.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:44 pm
Solid Arm
Rose destroyed an entire Dalek invasion force using the power of the TARDIS. Nothing beats that.

YEEEAAAAAH! And, I'm sorry, but Martha was so set on proclaiming her love for the Doctor and she did her "oh, poor me, he doesn't love me" thing, and then she went and kissed that random guy on the space station!!!  

Alice_in_Wonderland19

Twitch Lazuli

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:39 am
i do have to say, i dont mind Martha, its nothing personal, nothing but the fact that she isnt Rose. my bro said if Martha was first, then Rose took over, then i wouldnt like Rose, but i dont think thats true. i like rose becasue she wasnt totally amazingly smart, or pretty, just a normal person that was lucky enough to see the universe with the Doctor. heart ..i wish i was Rose!! *wails* crying  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:27 pm
well I have t say rose, because 1 I haven't really seen that much of Dr who and 2 well if she didn't have a chance with the 10th doctor, why did he cry and why would he always get depresed when he was reminded of her?
he was going to say it back too.  

Marius_13

Alice_in_Wonderland19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:53 pm
That was absolutely the saddest thing I have ever seen, when the Doctor was about to say goodbye to Rose, and he blipped out. I know he was sad and everything when Martha left, and she really wasn't a bad companion, but it just wasn't the same. I know I have been mean about Martha, but really I was just upset that she wasn't Rose. I apologize.
But the Doctor didn't love Martha. No he did not. He was sad when she left, but mostly because that meant he was alone again. It didn't seem like it was really because it was Martha.
Although she was pretty cool to save the entire universe and everything like that in the finale. It would have been very difficult to not tell anyone what was going on.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:53 pm
I like Martha a whole lot bettter than Rose. Martha loves the Doctor but she knows that he will never love him back. She puts up with him even so. Martha is a whole lot braver and does not cry as much as Rose did. Martha could think for herself in most episodes. For instance, Last of the timelords. After the Doctor was aged, she became public enemy number one and helped thousands around the world, plus freed the Doctor from the aging process. Rose was okay but I have no tolerance for whiners...

This is just my opinion, so don't be offended by it.  

Theater Geek 500

Ryuu Minamoto

Romantic Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:17 pm
Rose all the way. Nothing like Rose. Not now. Not ever. She was very special.  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff