lordstar

as long as you're having fun

Exactly.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:02 am
Dark Seeker
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar

i really don't care for scriptur and i know im not along in thinking that the bible texts have been corrupted with age

and for the record the death of Christ doesn't count as God showing love
My statment stands

God send his own SON to die on the cross for us, for YOU, and you dont think thats LOVE ?!?

um no

Barbaric, insensitive, evil, wrong, satanic
those are some of the words I would use...not love

Yeah, Jesus's death was" Barbaric, insensitive, evil, wrong, and satanic." But keep in mind we are the ones who killed him. We had many chances to spare his life, and yet humans went ahead and murdered him. Therefore, we are the ones to blame in this situation. also keep in mind that Jesus possesed free will: he could have walked away at almost any time, and condemned the human race to damnation, but he went ahead and gave himself up for us to torture, mock and kill. I personally think that was a very noble, selfless, and loving deed.

perhaps Jesus gave his life with good intentions but i think that saying if he had refused it would have ment damnation is just a bit too far a strech

i am my own person and the wrongs of my fathers are not my own

besides we were talking about God and not Jesus (the man)  

lordstar

CCubed

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:34 pm
lordstar
Dark Seeker
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar

i really don't care for scriptur and i know im not along in thinking that the bible texts have been corrupted with age

My statment stands

God send his own SON to die on the cross for us, for YOU, and you dont think thats LOVE ?!?

um no

Yeah, Jesus's death was" Barbaric, insensitive, evil, wrong, and satanic." But keep in mind we are the ones who killed him. We had many chances to spare his life, and yet humans went ahead and murdered him. Therefore, we are the ones to blame in this situation. also keep in mind that Jesus possesed free will: he could have walked away at almost any time, and condemned the human race to damnation, but he went ahead and gave himself up for us to torture, mock and kill. I personally think that was a very noble, selfless, and loving deed.

perhaps Jesus gave his life with good intentions but i think that saying if he had refused it would have ment damnation is just a bit too far a strech

Nevermind that it took Jesus dying on the cross to open the gates of heaven to the faithful?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:15 pm
lordstar
Dark Seeker
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar

My statment stands

um no

so your saying you dont believe that one saying that goes like this : if you could go back in time and change one little thing, that one little change might change the whole world, doesnt matter for better or worse. maybe stepped on a bug or something minor like that.

and isnt GOD and Jesus one and the same.  

sunshinehearttrob

lordstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:58 pm
CCubed
lordstar
Dark Seeker
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar

My statment stands

um no

Nevermind that it took Jesus dying on the cross to open the gates of heaven to the faithful?

i figured an all powerful god could open a gate without the need for blood  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:07 am
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar
Dark Seeker
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar

My statment stands

um no

so your saying you dont believe that one saying that goes like this : if you could go back in time and change one little thing, that one little change might change the whole world, doesnt matter for better or worse. maybe stepped on a bug or something minor like that.

first off i do not think God and Jesus are one and the same
a hippie maybe...lolz

im not sure we got on the topic of time traval but if i could go back in time and change something i would highly consider depriving Jesus of mayterdom even if i had to kill him myself. would i have done it is a different story.  

lordstar

CCubed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:05 pm
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar
Dark Seeker
lordstar

um no

a hippie maybe...lolz

im not sure we got on the topic of time traval but if i could go back in time and change something i would highly consider depriving Jesus of mayterdom even if i had to kill him myself. would i have done it is a different story.

They are one in the same nature but entirely different people. Which is to say, like a family acts with one nature while being comprised of more then one person.

However, Jesus had to die for our sins. He could have easily opened the gates without dying but that's how great our sin was that it required God's only son dying for us.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:19 pm
CCubed
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar
Dark Seeker
lordstar

um no

a hippie maybe...lolz

They are one in the same nature but entirely different people. Which is to say, like a family acts with one nature while being comprised of more then one person.

However, Jesus had to die for our sins. He could have easily opened the gates without dying but that's how great our sin was that it required God's only son dying for us.

im having a hard time a hard time with this

all powerful God requires a sacrifice to do something he/she could already do...idk about that  

lordstar

divineseraph

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:20 am
I never find the bible to be a good source of what's right and wrong. No offense. There is just too much madness. Genesis, especially. Human sacrafice, animal sacrafice, a demeaning of women, condoning slavery so long as you free them after a certain time period.

And if we ignore these rules, then wo decides which other rules are outdated?

No, I just listen to my heart. Cheesy as it may sound, that's where God is. And in the trees, and under every log, and in every stone.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:44 pm
divineseraph
I never find the bible to be a good source of what's right and wrong. No offense. There is just too much madness. Genesis, especially. Human sacrafice, animal sacrafice, a demeaning of women, condoning slavery so long as you free them after a certain time period.

And if we ignore these rules, then wo decides which other rules are outdated?

No, I just listen to my heart. Cheesy as it may sound, that's where God is. And in the trees, and under every log, and in every stone.

We are to pay attention to the new testament. Peter reminds the church that "we are not to be slaves to the old law which Christ came to fulfill." Anything in the old law, can be attributed to the new law. For example, the old testament sacrifices were lambs, the new testament sacrifices were the Eucharist which was given to us by the lamb of God. Funny how it coincides.  

CCubed

CCubed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 5:58 pm
lordstar
CCubed
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar

a hippie maybe...lolz

all powerful God requires a sacrifice to do something he/she could already do...idk about that

Yes, but you have to first realize that sin exists because we want it to. We continue to sin and God allows sin to exist because we use it. For example, God didn't create sin, his creation did. He allowed us, being made in his image with free will, to create sin. Sin still exists today because we want it to. It's called concupiscence, or the inclination to sin. That's why it was so important that God's Son had to die to reconcile us with God. We were sinning so much, that God actually FLOODED the known world! That's saying something.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:09 pm
CCubed
lordstar
CCubed
lordstar
sunshinehearttrob
lordstar

a hippie maybe...lolz

Yes, but you have to first realize that sin exists because we want it to. We continue to sin and God allows sin to exist because we use it. For example, God didn't create sin, his creation did. He allowed us, being made in his image with free will, to create sin. Sin still exists today because we want it to. It's called concupiscence, or the inclination to sin. That's why it was so important that God's Son had to die to reconcile us with God. We were sinning so much, that God actually FLOODED the known world! That's saying something.

so all powerful God for some reason doesn't use his power and just wave his hand forgive our sins

there must be some part of all powerful im just not understanding  

lordstar

Seraph68

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:23 pm
lordstar
so all powerful God for some reason doesn't use his power and just wave his hand forgive our sins

While yes, God is love, but God is also just. If He were only love, then what you are suggesting would happen, he would just wave his hand and say “you are forgiven of your sins!” But He is just, and justice demands that your crimes are paid for. But the loophole, so to say, is that He sent Jesus to die on the cross and be the payment for your sin. So through Christ, your sins have been paid for, justice has been served, and you have been forgiven and reconciled back with God. All you need to do is accept His grace.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:28 pm
Seraph68
lordstar

While yes, God is love, but God is also just. If He were only love, then what you are suggesting would happen, he would just wave his hand and say “you are forgiven of your sins!” But He is just, and justice demands that your crimes are paid for. But the loophole, so to say, is that He sent Jesus to die on the cross and be the payment for your sin. So through Christ, your sins have been paid for, justice has been served, and you have been forgiven and reconciled back with God. All you need to do is accept His grace.

Yeah, this is a good description of it. There's really no reason he had to die for us, but he did. He could have poked his finger and one drop of blood would've been enough, but he didn't. Really, he did us a favor. How many of us would follow a God who just poked his finger but expected us to be martyrs? Also, think of it as human. He had to die to be perfectly human, but through his divine nature, he was reborn divinely.  

CCubed

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:31 pm
Can I complain about the poll?

The poll is kind of a stupid question. While I don't believe that homosexuals go to hell soley for being homosexual, homosexuals are still capable of committing other sins completely independent of their sexuality, the same as heterosexuals. So while I do not believe a nice, loving homosexual would go to hell, I would be willing to bet that a homosexual serial killer might go to hell. But they wouldn't be going to hell for being a homosexual; they'd be going to hell for being a serial killer. It's like asking if heterosexuals will go to hell. Some probably will, some probably won't.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff